Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Leaving To Return ❯ Betrayed...He's Gone! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Well…this is my new fic, entitled "Leaving To Return." The idea is taken from when WCW Wrestling was on, and the 'silent Sting' part with the now. (That happened in 1996…to learn more, check out sites on WCW - Sting.) When you read about it, you will know the idea of this story. Or…you could let me do that by writing this.

Main idea : Yugi is distant from the others because of something that happened, and feels betrayed. He returns in a way no one will ever think happens. There are some pairings or hints, but they will come later on.

Do tell me what you think. Sorry that this idea comes from wrestling (or entertainment), but it was something that came in my mind, and it will be electronically put out for you guys to read. Anyway, on with the show!

Chapter 1 : Betrayal…He's Gone!

Yugi was now sitting in his room, heartbroken by his friends' actions of earlier in the day. "Why did they think I would do that?" He said to himself, still crying. He didn't know what he was doing exactly, yet he was still pushed around and hurt, just like before he solved the Millennium Puzzle.

* Flashback *

"Hey kid! Come here!" A middle-aged man yelled out to young Yugi, who was just walking in the park. Yugi seemed quite interested as to why he was being called over, so he let his curiosity lead him to the man. "Yes? Can I help you?" "Sure can, if you hold onto these for me." Yugi nodded and stood there for awhile. All the while, his friends were waiting for him on the other side of the park.

"Where is Yug?! I'm starving and I need to get some major food now!" Yelled Joey from the top of his lungs. The teen was having a 'My-stomach-is-hungry!' attack, and he was all but fed up waiting for him. "Well, if you want food…I still have my outdoor survival guide from Duelist Kingdom." Tristan said, whipping out the book to give to Joey. "No way, Tris! If you give dat book, I'll end up eating it!" "Suit yourself. We'll just keep waiting."

"Besides…Yugi said he'd be here about five minutes ago. He may have gotten caught up in doing something for his grandpa." Tea reasoned with Joey. "Alright. I'll wait five more minutes. If he's not here, you'll hafta come find me in that maze trap." Joey said, giving in while Tea and Tristan breathed sighs of relief. 'The things I do for you, Yugi. Get here soon or we'll all come find you. At least I won't be angry at you. I'll have to hide you from Joey.' Tea thought. She always knew he was kind-hearted and helping anyone, but she felt he was way too kind sometimes. Yet, it was a quality she admired from afar, and knew he was the kind of guy a girl would want. 'Too bad he wouldn't want me. I wish he did.' She sadly sighed, knowing that Yugi didn't like her, or so she may have only thought.

The group woke out of their thoughts to see a boy with what appeared to be blond, spiky hair walking toward the three waiters, almost even running. "Finally, Yuge! I'm starving, so we should get going…" Joey was stopped in mid-sentence by a missed punched from the Yugi-look-a-like. He seemed almost angry at him, and the others seemed confused. "Yugi…what are ya doing…" Again, Joey was stopped, but a punch landed in the stomach region. Joey dropped to the ground, forcing Tea to flee to his side. "What the heck's wrong with you, buddy?!" Tristan asked, only to get no answer from the short, fake Yugi. Tristan attempted to fire a punch, but his arm was grabbed by the fake, while twisting his arm and throwing him across the walkway. "You guys are losers! I don't even know why you were friends with me. Later!" The fake said, walking back where he came from.

The three looked confused, hurt, and mad all in one. "You ok, Tris?" Joey asked, slowly getting up on his feet. "I think so…only a bruised arm, nothing much. Still…anybody have a clue why he did that?" Tea shook her head in disappointment. 'Why would you do this, Yugi? It's not like you at all.' Joey shook his head as well. "All I know is dat the next time I see him, ya gonna hafta hold me back, because I'm showing him no mercy!"

Meanwhile, the man who played Yugi took off the costume and walked back to the real Yugi, who had no idea what was happening. "Oh… there you are. Thanks for watching my items. I appreciate your kindness, since it's rare to see that nowadays." The man replied. "Your welcome. Glad to help you. If I could stay and talk, that would be nice. But I have some friends to catch up with. See you later." Yugi yelled back as he left. 'Run, little Yugi. For you'll fall into the trap very soon.' The man said, watching the teen leave.

"Man…I gotta hurry to reach the others before they leave without me." Yugi said, looking up to see and hear Joey on a tyraid. 'Must be hungry again.' He thought. "…I'm gonna hurt him bad." Joey yelled, whilst the other two tried to calm him down. At the same time, they saw Yugi walking to them. "Who are you gonna hurt, Joey?" Yugi asked. He didn't get a verbal answer, but a physical one. As Yugi fell, Joey was nearly on top of him, doing anything he could to return the favor of what happened to him. After a couple of minutes, Tea and Tristan pulled him off and kept Joey back. "What'd I do?" Yugi asked. "What happened?" "What happened?!" Tea involuntarily jerked back at him. "You hurt Joey and Tristan! You nearly hurt me! Why would you do such a thing, Yugi Moto?!" She yelled, with Yugi looking very hurt by her words. "Guys, whatever happened I…don't even know what…"

"Yeah? Look at Joey's broken nose! Look at my arm! Look at Tea's hurt look! You know what you did, and we know what we need to do…" Tristan said, showing signs of wanting to do bad things. Yugi didn't want to find out, so he ran from them. The only friends he knew, and they were mad at him. He didn't know what happened, let alone why they yelled. "And don't come near any of us again." Joey yelled, as the three walked to the mall, not even looking back at Yugi to see tears falling from his face. He didn't even know what happened. The only one who knew was Yami, and he seemed neutral about it.

* End *

Yami had seen the whole thing, and knew Yugi was innocent of the whole ordeal. He seemed to feel the immense pain and crying of Yugi, yet felt the anger of now Yugi's ex-friends. 'What could I do? I know fixing this out will take time, but it may not heal on all sides. What can I do?' He thought. It was decided that he would check on Yugi first to see if he was ok for now. When he got to the room, he saw several things missing, and a letter to Yami with three envelopes next to his. He picked up the letter to read what Yugi wrote.

To Yami,

I'm sorry that you don't see here now, but it's because I'm leaving. My friends now hate me, and I have no clue why they would be mad. I saw there injuries, and heard the pain in the voices. I…(crying)…don't know why. What did I do, Yami? I just want to know. However, (sniff) since I won't confront them for now, I am going away. There are some money and possessions missing because I don't know where I'll be going. For my last thought, please give these letters and gifts to Tea, Tristan, and Joey. Tell them I'm sorry, and I know I hurt them, yet I don't know how or why. Please forgive me, Yami. You know I don't hurt on purpose. I'll miss you all.

With regards,

Yugi

Yami dropped the letter in agony. His hikari had left him, yet he knows he was innocent. He knew that he needed to talk to the others, but after that, now he didn't know what to do…

He just picked up the phone and called Tea's house. "Hello? Gardner residence?" Was the sound of Tea's voice. All the neighborhood could hear next was "…Yugi's gone?!"

I'll stop there for right now. The reason for that is that I want to draw it out for as many chapters as possible. Hopefully, I keep on pace with this and not lose the ideas I have, so I'll go write them down after telling you all to have a good day, and plz R&R!