Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ lil_Jinx's Yu-Gi-Oh! Song Book ❯ Forever ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

~@Who can say for certain?
Maybe you're still here,
I can feel you all around me,
Your memories, so clear,*~

Yami stared down at the sleeping Yugi. The boys breaths were uneven. It was like a determimed boy, waiting to be taken to the heavens, but Yugi held fast, just to help Yami with all his problems.

~@Deep in the stillness,
I can hear you speak,
You're still an inspiration… can it be,*~

Yami came-to.

Yugi's heart had given way. He was declared dead. The nurse looked hurt, but the only ones suffering the most were Yami and Joey, Yugi's BEST friends from his first days. But now, he had given it his all.

~@That you are mine…forever love,
And you are watching over me from up above?
Fly…me up to where you are, beyond the distant star,
I wish upon tonight to see you smile,
If only for a while, to know you're there,
A breath always not far, to where you are.*~

Yami watched them, lower Yugi to his grave. The soft petals of the cherry blossoms littered his gravesite, like everything else in the graveyard. But, the small petals in the gravesite were like Yugi's last words as he climbed into the cab to the airport. He had scattered words, but they still penitrated like a knife.

~@Are you gently sleeping,
Here inside my dream?
And isn't faith believing…all power can't be seen,
As my heart holds you…just one beat away,

I cherish all you gave me…everyday,*~

Yugi watched from his heaven perch as the other's wept for his loss. But he had an even greater fear of never seeing them in this lifetime. The angels might sing, but Yugi was crying. Nothing was left for him to offer, except his ever lasting hope that they'd meet again.

~@Cause you are mine…forever love,
Watching me from up above,
And I believe that angels breathe,
And that love will live on and never leave.
Fly…me up to where you are, beyond the distant star,
I wish upon tonight, to see you smile,
If only for a while, to know you're there,
A breath always not far to where you are,
I know you're there,*~

"YUGI! THIS IS NO TIME TO NAP! YOU'VE GOT A DUAL TO WIN!"
Yugi's eyes fluttered open and he found himself face down on the cold concrete surface of the battle arena. He had to stand up and win! Something was telling him to.

'Yugi, do this for us.'

'Yami, I feel all broken. Can you help me up?'

'Are you trying to play games, Yugi?'

'No, I just feel all broken up. I just need help standing.' Yugi closed his eyes, waiting for the worst from Yami, but he felt Yami yank him to his feet. He re-opened his eyes to see Seto cheering, meaning he'd gotten Mokuba and Seto worried. He smiled. 'I won, I won more than I can remember EVER winning, Yami! I did it! With your help, I did it!' Menatlly he hugged Yami, startling the spirit into reacting with a hug.

'We did it, Yugi. We did it, together.'

~@A breath always not far to where you are*~