Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Liminality ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Liminality
By Sakura (L-sama no Miko)

Chapter 1

*******WARNING: FANS OF THE PHARAOH TURN BACK NOW!!! I REPEAT, PHAROAH FANS TURN BACK NOW!!!!! DO NOT READ THIS FIC!!!******



Disclaimer/Notes: I don’t own anything in this ficcie so please don’t sue.
This little gem was inspired by the opening song from the .hack OAV’s that came with the game, hence the title. Takes place after Battle City and is slightly AU. Also the Yami’s – except Marik (Yami Marik) – have their own bodies now. I’ll be using Japanese names for those characters who had their names changed in the dub so here so here’s a list of who’s who incase you get confused:

Yugi – Yugi Moto
Yami – Yami Yugi
Bakura – Yami Bakura
Ryou – Bakura Ryou
Malik – Marik Ishtar
Marik – Yami Marik
Isis – Ishizu
Rishid – Odeon
Anzu – Tea
Jounouchi - Joey
Honda - Tristan


Yugi woke up panting, sweat dripping from his forehead. “What’s wrong little aibou?” Yami asked from the smaller teen’s side. Yugi turned slightly as the spirit wrapped his around his little love in an attempt to calm him. “Did you have a bad dream?”
“Yeah but I’m okay now, Yami. I can’t remember a thing,” the smaller of the two said sheepishly.
“If you say so, koi,” Yami said releasing him and getting off the bed. “You sure you’re okay? We can give the rod to Kaiba another day.”
“It’s alright, Yami. Besides Malik-kun’s leaving for Egypt in a couple days and I’d like to say goodbye before he does. And I want to make sure nothing happens to Kaiba-kun.”
The blond Egyptian had insisted that Yami be present when he handed the sennen rod to Seto in case his yami decided to show up again or anything else unexpected happened. Of course, Yugi was more than happy to go, but the former pharaoh was still irked by all the trouble Marik caused not so long ago.
“I know how you feel about the rod, aibou, but if this is what you want, I’ll go for you.”
“Arigatou, Yami!” the boy said, glomping his taller lover.
“Come, little one, we have to get ready,” Yami said chuckling as he led Yugi to the bathroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Thanks for coming Yugi, Pharaoh, Kaiba-san,” said Malik.
“It wouldn’t be right, if we didn’t say goodbye before you left,” Yugi replied.
“You sure you don’t mind? I know you’re still mad at me for what I did with… this thing,” the blond Egyptian said glaring at the golden object in his hands.
“Let’s get this over with, I haven’t got all day,” said a rather annoyed and impatient CEO, crossing his arms. Inwardly, Yami smirked. He knew the brunet had a date with Ryou that day. “Just hand it over already.”
“Relax Kaiba,” Yami said ushering the taller teen to a chair. “Ryou isn’t the type to get mad if you’re late.” The CEO then blushed before giving the spirit a glare and an ‘hmph’ and sitting down. “I’m glad you’re willing to give the rod to Kaiba, I’d rather know he has it than some museum where it could easily fall into the wrong hands,” he continued, crossing his arms while settling into another chair. “The sennen items are too dangerous for the people of this time.”
“I agree, that’s why I want the high priest to have it,” Malik replied. “It’s his after all.”
Strangely enough, Seto was silent. Usually he would scoff at and deny anything that dealt with ‘New Age hocus pocus’. Yami lifted a questioning brow at his former high priest who just glared impatiently at the blond.
“I’ll do it,” Yugi said taking hold of the sennen item from Malik as he started to rise from his chair. He then went over to Seto and handed it to the brunet. “Here you are, Kaiba-kun.”
“Hmph! About time.” As soon as his hand grasped hold of the rod’s shaft, the sennen item gave off a gold light, blinding all of them. Yugi cried out as if in pain then went silent. When the light faded, the puzzle’s hikari was on the floor out cold.
“Yugi!” Yami shouted, concerned for his love.
“I-I didn’t do anything I swear!” Malik said, fearing the dark looks Yami and Seto were giving him. “I-I’ll go fetch Rishid and nee-chan,” he stammered then dashed out of the room. Unable to rouse Yugi, Yami decided to phone his grandfather and the others, while Seto carefully carried the smaller duelist upstairs to one of his many guestrooms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Gomen nasai, Pharoah,” Malik said, looking just as worried as the spirit. “I wish I knew what happened.”
“Why won’t he wake up?” Yami asked the blond Egyptian after checking on Yugi. “It’s your item, Kaiba, do something!”
“How am I supposed to know how this thing works?!” Seto shouted back. “I just got the damned thing today!” Yami’s eyes flashed furiously and before he knew it, the CEO found himself pinned against the wall by the irate pharaoh.
“You had better do something and fast or you’ll be a new playmate for my Summoned Skull,” Yami growled.
“Threatening people will not help him, my pharaoh,” Isis said with the eerie calm she always seemed to exude. She entered the room followed by a turbaned figure.
Yami reluctantly let go of the CEO and turned toward the new arrival. “Keeper.”
The emotionless man glided towards the unconscious Yugi, all eyes glued on him. Shadi stared at the still figure on the bed, one hand on the sennen ankh hanging from his neck the other on Yugi’s head. “A door has been opened in the boy’s mind,” he said in a monotonous voice. “One that had been locked tight the last time I was there.”
“So what does that mean?” Yami asked.
“Only he can tell,” Shadi replied. “It looked as though whatever was behind that door forced its way out. We must wait until Yugi deals with it,” he explained.
“Come, pharaoh,” Isis said placing a hand on the spirit’s shoulder. “Your friends will be here soon.”
“But Yugi –“
“Will not be going anywhere,” Seto said.
“I will watch him for you, pharaoh,” Rishid said from the doorway. “Jounouchi-kun and the others are here. Yami sighed and reluctantly let the huge man into the room before following Isis and Seto out of the room.
‘Ra, please help him,’ he silently prayed.


Tsuzuku… (TBC)


Sakura: I know, I know. I’m evil. You’ll just have to wait for the next part to find out if poor li’l’ Yugi wakes up or not. (laughs like Naga)

Sanzo: (thwaps her with his fan)

Sakura: That hurt Sanzo!

Sanzo: Then don’t laugh like that and start on the next part.

Goku: At least I didn’t get hit this time.

Sakura: May I? (Sanzo nods) Arigatou. (thwaps Goku with Sanzo’s fan)

Goku: Sakura-san ijiwaru!

Sanzo: Bakasaru.

Sakura: Anyhoo, tell me whatcha think. If I get five or more reviews, I’ll post the next chappie in two days. I have the whole ficcie written out, I just have to type it so go ahead and gimme some feedback here minna!!