Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Little Dagger ❯ Found Out ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi All!
 
 
Okay, here's the fifth chap. Hope it's alright.
 
 
YoukaiLuvr
 
 
-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-123 4567890-
 
 
Little Dagger
 
 
Chapter 5 - Found Out
 
 
The next afternoon, Anzu and Yuugi stepped off the plane in Domino, Japan. Glancing around the platform, both of them were looking for a particular brunette. What they found was not one but two brunettes waiting for them at the gate.
 
 
“Yuugi! Anzu!” called Shizuka, waving her arm in the air to get their attention. They saw her and walked toward her, speeding up when they noticed that Honda was there as well.
 
 
“Hey, guys!” hollered Yuugi, walking over to them.
 
 
“Hi, Shizuka. Hi, Honda,” said Anzu.
 
 
“It's great to see you,” said Honda.
 
 
“Welcome back,” said Shizuka. “As soon as we get your bags, we'll go back to the house. Jou, Mai, and the kids should be home soon.”
 
 
“Great!” said Yuugi.
 
 
They collected their luggage and were on their way within fifteen minutes. Luckily, Jou and Mai didn't live too far from the airport, so it was a rather short ride there. After they got out of the car, Shizuka unlocked the door and had Honda take their bags upstairs for them. A large SUV pulled up in the driveway just after Honda came back down.
 
 
The back passenger door to the SUV opened and out filed three kids. The first, a girl, was the tallest, with their mother's blonde hair and their father's eyes; this was Eri, and she was twelve, as she would tell you in a heartbeat.
 
 
The next was a boy, the shortest of the three, who was a carbon-copy of his mother in every way - well, minus a few, rather obvious things, of course. He was Hojou and he was five years old.
 
 
The last was another girl who looked as much like Jou as Hojou looked like Mai; she was Yuka and also was the middle child at age seven.
 
The front doors popped open right after the back door did, releasing Mai and Jou. Surprisingly, they had both settled down into married life quite well, surpassing everyone's expectations. While the kids darted ahead to say hi to their aunts and uncles, they followed at a bit more leisurely pace.
 
 
“Hey Yuge, Anzu,” called Jou.
 
 
“Jounouchi! Mai!” called the - still - shorter man, happy to see his best friend and his wife again.
 
 
Anzu was being hung on to by Eri and Yuka - even though Anzu herself hadn't been able to come back to Japan for several years, Jou and Mai took every opportunity to come to America and let the children visit with their aunt. All three were very fond of her, but the girls saw her as a role model.
 
 
Eri had followed in her aunt's footsteps as a dancer as soon as she could; now she was on the dance team at school and was in every competition she could find. Yuka was following as well, but a little slower. She was five years younger, though, so she had plenty of time for making decisions; she seemed to be developing Anzu's sense of style, though.
 
 
Hojou was hanging on to Yuugi; being the youngest of the three, he had seen Anzu the least and was more attached to his adopted uncle than to his adopted aunt. He was already a budding duelist with quite a lot of talent, which, when you consider who his parents were, it was not surprising. Yuugi had sort of taken him under his wing, teaching him the basics of dueling - then letting him practice on his father and mother.
 
 
After all the greetings were exchanged, Mai called them all inside the house for an early dinner. They followed her inside, the kids running through the house out the back door to play in the backyard. Mai walked into the kitchen to begin dinner; Anzu and Shizuka followed. The guys stayed in the living room, catching up.
 
 
After about a half-hour or so, the men grew tired of talking, however, and sought out the girls - if only to annoy them.
 
 
“He-hey,” cried Jou. “We're here!”
 
 
All three girls rolled their eyes.
 
 
“Hey, Mai, what's for dinner?” asked Honda, leaning over her shoulder to look into the pot she was currently stirring.
 
 
“Nothing,” said Mai, shrugging him off her shoulder roughly, yet smiling all the time. “If you don't behave,” she added, starting to laugh.
 
 
“Now, now,” said Yuugi, laughing.
 
 
“Hey, do you guys hear anything?” said Anzu. Every one of them shook their heads: no. “That's just it - shouldn't the kids be making a racket outside?” she said, sounding concerned.
 
 
“Ya know, that is a bit weird,” said Jou.
 
 
Mai looked at him, then said, “Maybe we should go che-”
 
 
“DADDY!!!!”
 
 
The scream was echoed by two others, immediately after. The group of adults wasted no time in exiting the house to the backyard. There they found something they wished they hadn't.
 
 
The three children were being held by two men…at least, that's the easiest word to describe them. The men were not…normal…to say the least; they looked as if they had been crossed with a few rather ugly Duel Monsters, enough to not be able to tell which ones had been used.
 
 
The only difference between the two was the one on the left, who held Eri and Hojou, had hair that fell to his mid-back; the other, holding Yuka, had a shorter crop.
 
 
They were also being held nearly fifty feet up in the air.
 
 
“Hojou!” called Jou, reaching for his duel deck, which he still carried in a belt pouch.
 
 
“Eri! Yuka!” Mai's cries and actions echoed her husbands; fear for their children's safety overriding their common sense.
 
 
“No!” cried Anzu, stepping in front of the frightened parents, stopping them from reaching their destination.
 
 
“Anzu?” said Mai, confused as to why she would stop them.
 
 
Move, Anzu,” Jou said, his voice edging on dangerous.
 
 
“I can't do that,” she replied calmly.
 
 
“They're my children, Anzu! I have to save them!!” Jou yelled.
 
 
“I know, Jou,” she said, raising her voice just a bit to make her point. “But I know your decks, and with the way they're structured right now, they won't do any damage. Just let me take care of this.”
 
 
Mai looked at her. “You can really get them back, Anzu?”
 
 
Anzu looked right back at her and nodded once. “You have my word: the children will be returned to you safe and sound.”
 
 
Jou and Mai looked at each other, then back at Anzu and nodded. “Go.”
 
 
Anzu turned Yuugi. “Take the others and keep them out of harm's way for me, would you?”
 
 
“Of course,” was his reply.
 
 
She then turned and walked toward the two men and the three children, reaching for her own duel deck as she did so. She pulled out three cards - Shining Friendship, Magician of Faith, and Dark Magician Girl. She replaced the rest of her deck in its pouch and held the chosen cards to her breast.
 
 
She stopped a short distance from the men and closed her eyes. Anzu's body began to glow a deep, vibrant teal and continued to glow for about a minute before she let her arm drop. She opened her eyes, crouched deep, then leaped into the air to hover in front of the men.
 
 
“So, Katan, Souta, what the hell brings you here?” Anzu said, which shocked those on the ground. Anzu knew these people?
 
 
“Just you, Jekri,” said the one on the left.
 
 
“Me?” she repeated.
 
 
“You heard Katan, Jekri!” said the second one, who must have been Souta. “You're the reason we're here - the boss wants you back.”
 
 
Anzu raised an eyebrow. “He does now?” she said. “Whatever for, when he has you two, plus dozens more who can merge for much longer and, obviously, with many more monsters than I can?”
 
 
“Jekri, you're being an idiot!” said Katan, tightening his grip on a wriggling Hojou. “You're the only other person other than the Master who can merge without a pathetically obvious machine to help them! Of course he wants you back.”
 
 
“I'm not returning to him - I thought I made that obvious when I left,” she retorted.
 
 
“That's why we're here,” said Souta. “He thought a bit of…encouragement might do you some good.”
 
 
“So, what, if I don't return, you'll hurt the children?” she said.
 
 
“Precisely, Jekri,” said Katan.
 
 
The entire time they had been talking, Anzu had been pulling out a fourth card from her deck pouch. Now, she jumped into action, enflamed by Katan and Souta's statements.
 
 
“I call upon the powers of the Sage's Stone!” she cried. Yuugi's deck pouch glowed white and a single glowing card shot out of it straight toward Anzu.
 
 
Catching it, she said, “I now summon the Dark Magician!”
 
 
The powerful sorcerer appeared at her side just in time to join her charge on the two men. Their charge seemed to catch Katan off-guard and a well placed Dark Magic Attack from Dark Magician hit him in the back just enough to wound him.
 
 
His grip loosened, Eri and Hojou jumped into the Dark Magician's waiting arms.
 
 
While the Dark Magician deposited the kids beside their relieved parents, Anzu went after Yuka and Souta.
 
“Actually Souta, I just realized something. I do have an advantage over you.” Souta glared at her.
 
 
“And what would that be?” he sneered.
 
 
“I don't need a machine to merge, so,” she said, smiling. “I don't have to worry about someone doing…this!”
 
 
She dived underneath Souta and darted up behind him. Slamming a magic-charged fist into the machine strapped to his back, she forced him to drop Yuka. She dived again and caught Yuka before she had a chance to be scared. Coming back up to face a battle-crippled Souta and Katan, Anzu returned the former's earlier glare.
 
 
“Now, I want the two of you to listen, very carefully. You two are to return to the Master with a message from me. I will not be returning to his employ, nor to him - not now, not ever. Any further attempt to get to me through any of these people standing below will be considered a threat against me. And he, more than anyone else, knows just how well I deal with threats. Now, get out of my sight.”
 
 
Souta and Katan turned around and faster than should have been possible, given their size, they were no more than a speck in the distance.
 
 
Anzu floated to the ground with Yuka in her arms. Reaching the ground, she released Yuka, who ran to her parents.
 
 
“Mama! Daddy!”
 
 
“Oh, Yuka!” cried Mai, gathering her daughter in her arms.
 
 
Anzu just watched the scene, smiling, releasing the power of the cards and leaning against the children's swingset.
 
 
“Oi, kids, you ok? They didn't hurt ya, did they?” said Jou, crowding around his children with Mai.
 
 
“No, Dad,” said Eri. “We're alright, thanks to Aunt Anzu.”
 
 
All eyes turned to Anzu.
 
 
“I'm sorry for doubting ya power, Anzu,” said Jou.
 
 
“Yes,” said Mai. “I don't know what would have happened to the children were it not for you. I don't know how to thank you.”
 
 
Anzu shrugged and lifted her hand tiredly. “It's alright,” she said.
 
 
“Hey, Anzu,” said Shizuka, concerned. “Are you okay?”
 
 
“Yeah,” said Honda. “You don't look so good.”
 
 
Yuugi stepped closer to her. They were right. She was leaning against one of the supports for the children's playset rather heavily, as if it was the only thing holding her up. Her face was pale, nowhere near it's usual cheerful coloring, and her breathing was labored, as if she had just run a ten mile marathon with no training beforehand.
 
 
Anzu shook her head. “I'm alright, just a bit tired.”
 
 
She took a breath and pushed away from the support.
 
 
“I haven't done that in a long time. I forgot just how much energy that takes out of you…all I need is a good…rest and I'll be fi-”
 
 
Apparently she needed the rest sooner than she thought, for she collapsed before she could finish the sentence.
 
 
-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-123 4567890-
 
 
So, here's this chap. Tell me that you think. The explanation chap is next and I'm about half done.
 
 
YoukaiLuvr