Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Lonely Though You Are Here ❯ Lonely Though You are Here ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Title: Lonely Though You Are Here
Author: Kleptomaniac Can Opener and SilverFoxfire
Rating: PG
Pairing: Yami + Yugi, kinda
Disclaimer: Why would you think I own Yugi-Oh? I don't even own the manga. _-^^-_ It was written by Kazuki Takahashi.


Summary: Yugi's lonely and ends up talking to Yami about it.
Notes: This is a random piece of fluff (which led to smut later on) Silver and I did one night a while ago (like several years) on AIM.

Check out my fic journal Utensil_Drawer at livejournal.com!

~*~*~*~

Yugi sighs as he stares out his bedroom window. "Ne, Yami...?" Large violet eyes search out the spirit.
"Hai, Yugi?" The Pharaoh places down the book he's reading.
"You think I'll ever find someone?"
"Find someone? How do you mean?"
"Well, you know...someone to love." Yami tilts his head to the side, golden bangs momentarily covering ruby eyes.
"Do you not love Jounouchi?"
"Yeah, but not that sort of love. I mean, like a couple."
"Ah, I understand. Like the love a man has for his wife." The small boy nods.
"Un."
"Perhaps, Yugi. Most, often do. You must simply...be patient." The young one sighs again sadly and rest against the windowsill.
"Hai..."

"Why are you worried about this now? You are...very young to be thinking of such things, Hikari."
"I...I'm lonely I guess."
"Lonely?" Yami's brow furrows in vague confusion. "Why do you not attempt to join with your friends?" Yugi smiles faintly in mild amusement.
"I have what's called 'Lonely In a Crowd' Syndrome. I want someone to love and to love me back."
"I think I understand. To be in a room full of peers, yet to be alone. Yes. I understand."
"Ah..." The Japanese boy reverts his eyes back to his window, watching as a happy couple walks by. Yami watches silently.
"You should not gaze upon such things when in this mood."
"Hai..." His slim posture yells loneliness as he tears himself from the sight.
"Why do you not phone Jounouchi? I'm sure he would enjoy your company. Or Anzu?" His answer is a simple shake of the petite boy's head.
"I want more than a friend, Yami..."
"I don't know how to provide you with such things, Yugi."
"I know...and I don't expect you to... ...I'm just being selfish."
"Selfish? It is not selfish to desire companionship."
"I guess... ... ... This is probably all just hormones on my part anyway. I'll get over it."
"To seek another is human nature. Yugi...is there a specific person that is making you feel this way?"
"I...I don't think so..." Violet orbs glance quickly to the dark man before staring hard at the worn blue carpet.
"Is there someone that makes you feel oddly, Yugi?"
"I...n-no..." The lie is easy to see through.
"Who?"
"I..." A dark blush taints pale cheeks. Yami rises and moves to stand next to his Light.
"Who?" Yugi continues to stare at the floor, his blush brightening. The Pharaoh frowns a moment, then smirks. "Afraid I'll tell someone?"
"I-Iie!"
"Tell me, Aibou. Who is this person?"

Slowly, Yugi looks up, matching eyes with him. "...Yugi."
"Yami..." The ancient spirit blinks.
"It's not Kaiba, is it?" The Egyptian's nose wrinkles slightly at the prospect. The smaller boy looks away, laughing.
"No."
"Who, Yugi? Why is it you won't tell me?"
"Don't worry about it, Yami," he responds, still giggling. "But thanks for cheering me up. Oh dear..." giggle, "Kaiba..."
"Aa...I'm glad you feel better."
"Un. Ne, Yami?"
"Hai, Hikari?"
"You'll always be with me, right?"
"I would hope so, Yugi. But I do not know the future."
"Promise me anyway?"
"Hai. I promise." The small boy smiles brightly.
"I can survive off that for a while then."
"Good. I'm glad that I could help you."
"Arigatou."











Aww! Wasn't that cute? *bonks Yami on the head* I like to sub-title this "Yami Needs To Get a Clue".

>^_^<
MEOW!