Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Identity ❯ Mounting anxiety ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
az: Now this would finally come to my main plot. Yoroshiku onegai shimasu!! Hope u guys like this...

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------

Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh manga nor did I own anime. Read and review and I don't own Yu-gi-oh. The day when I owned them, was when Jyonouchi became the best dueler and driving Kaiba mad. Characters and original excerpt from the fic are copyrights of Kazuki Takahashi.
------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------

Chapter 3: Mounting anxiety
Written by Azzie/Az @ Alienna Azuani



Ding Dong...

Bakura slowly made himself to open the door as Shadi appeared at the corridor. Annoyed at the sudden intrusion, Bakura let him in. But Shadi didn't enter. 'Okay, what do you want?', he snapped. 'Don't tell me that you want to take my Millennium Ring because it's mine!! And I did helped the pharaoh when he tried to regain his lost memories and that's it!! Go away!!'

Shadi, on the other hand was not disturbed. 'Pardon my intrusion but I had to meet all the Millennium items guardians and I could only locate you. I have an important thing to tell as this matter had to do with the items. I had sensed a presence of a dark wizard coming from the shadow realms to this time and probably aiming to get the items. This would also meant that the item keepers are in danger of attack from this dark wizard...'

Bakura glared at him menacingly. 'If you want me to help you find them, you'd better... Argh!! Shut up!! Ryou, don't you try...', cried Bakura as he changed into Ryou. Ryou smiled apologetically at Shadi. 'Sorry you had to meet him.', he said as Shadi gave him a very disgruntled look. 'My yami was not in the good mood since Yugi and the pharaoh had treated him badly this morning at school...'

   Shadi was mildly interested. 'Is something bothering the pharaoh?', he asked. Ryou shook his head. 'No, it's Yugi. Something was totally wrong with him this morning. He was a little unwell and he even treated us, his friends, indifferently. And the pharaoh was only trying to protect him. Just my bad luck that I bumped into him when I let my other self take over for a while...', explained Ryou as Shadi finally entered the apartment. 'So that's why that kid's mad, was it? But, did Yugi told you guys where did he went? I tried locating him with my powers but he seems to be blocking me with the Millennium puzzle's powers. I'm worried that something bad would happen to him...'

   'Oh, is that it?', he said as he suddenly remembered something. 'Ah, I remembered!! Yugi had met Seto before leaving the school. Probably he had told him where he went...'

   'Then, that's where we're going...', exclaimed Shadi as Ryou followed behind.

**

   At the Kaiba residence.

   Shadi and Ryou had reached the gates as the computer switched on at their presence. 'State your business.', hummed the machine as Ryou answered, 'We'd like to meet Kaiba Seto!! This is very important!'

'Very well..', hummed the computer again monotonously as the gates opened for them to enter. Shadi and Ryou continued walking towards the main building as the door opened, revealing none other than Kaiba in waiting. 'What was it that's so important about that you want to see me, Bakura Ryou?', he said as the three entered the living room, noticing Shadi's presence.

   Ryou swallowed hard before beginning. 'Kaiba, do you know where's Yugi is right now? Shadi had told me something and he thinks Yugi's in danger...', said Ryou as Kaiba exchanged glances to Shadi. 

   'It's about the sennen items...', said Shadi. Unexpectedly, Kaiba's feature changed as he excused himself for a minute. The two waited for him to return.... 

   /Ch... you two had worried too much about the stupid pharaoh and his other self!! I tell you... those guys are alright.../

   Ryou hissed at his yami. 'You don't know that!! What if something really happened?', whispered Ryou urgently.

'Hmm?', hummed Shadi as Ryou sweatdropped. 'No... nothing!! Bakura just said something. Nothing important!!', stuttered Ryou as Shadi asked again. 'That thief hadn't been up to his mischief again, is he?'

   Ryou gasped unintentionally. 'Well... sometimes. But, at least now he's a lot nicer. Both of us had been getting along quite well now and he's okay with the others also...', said Ryou at Bakura's utter disbelief. But Shadi hadn't asked again and remained quiet while waiting for Kaiba. 

   'Ryou... I never thought that you'd say like that about me...', said Bakura. Ryou glanced sideways at his yami. 'Of course I'd say that!! Even though, you've done a lot of bad things... but you had saved Yugi's friends from Pegasus last time. And Yugi told me about what you did for me during the battle city tournament. I hadn't even thank you for it...', said Ryou mentally as Bakura looked at him. 'Yugi told me that you had fought Malik's power and switched with me to take Osiris's attack. If not because of you, I would have already died...'

   Bakura shrugged uneasily as he looked away. 'I can't let you die like that. I'm evil but not so much as Malik. I couldn't have possibly dragged you into his battle even if it involved my victory...'

'The pharaoh told Yugi that he was glad that time. He told Yugi that even though you're evil, you had the same duty as the spirits in the sennen items. To protect the other's consciousness. You protected me... and I'm glad you did...', said Ryou again, smiling.

Bakura glared at him. 'Stop sweet-talking me!! Or I'll take over!!', snapped Bakura as Ryou grinned.

**

Kaiba returned half an hour later bringing the sennen rod. 'I was wondering about this when he came to me...', he said as he placed his rod on the table. 'He asked me to meet him after school to ask me to take care of this..', he said again as he took out another item from his shirt pocket. Shadi and Ryou gasped but Ryou was taking the shock much worse. Bakura immediately took over him.

'Sennen eye?!', Bakura cried as Shadi picked the object up. 'Why did he..', exclaimed Shadi before Kaiba intervened. 'He would have gave me the Tauk also if he hadn't changed his mind. Asked me to take care of the rod and the eye for no reason and when I asked him why, he didn't tell. Said something about having to go some place else and left. Had no idea where he went...'

'But why did he had to ask you? I've been his friend for some time and I was the one giving him that eye!!! Why did..'

'Oh, maybe he didn't asked you for the fact that you're a thief. An Egyptian tomb-raider at that!', jeered Kaiba at Bakura as he turned away towards Shadi. 'So, what's the problem? I guessed this must have got to do with whatever it is that you guys want to tell me, isn't it?', guessed Kaiba. 'Yes, and he's probably in danger...', said Shadi plainly. Kaiba gasped as he immediately rose. 'Why didn't you tell me earlier? Let's go find him!!', he said as he called up his brother through his transceiver. 

    'Mokuba, search our database for the full map of the city! I'm going out to find Yugi. You back me up!!', ordered Kaiba as he, Shadi and Bakura took the car to head out to Yugi's house. 'Yes, brother... I'll do it..', replied Mokuba as the others set off...

**

   'Grandpa!! Did Yugi told you where did he went?', asked Anzu desperately as Sugoroku Mutou helplessly shook his head. 'Yugi hadn't even returned home after school yet... Why, Anzu? Did something terrible happened to him?', asked grandpa.  

    'Err... I...', stuttered Anzu, unable to reply as the Kaiba Corp. limo stopped at the premise.

    Anzu ran towards it as Kaiba, Bakura and Shadi came out. 'You guys!! What the..?', she gasped as Kaiba spoke. 'Did you know where was Yugi now? It's very important!!', he said as Anzu shrugged. 'Don't know. Just a guess. Why were you guys here searching for him too?', she asked as Kaiba pulled her towards the car.

'Long story!! Get in, we'll tell you on the way!!', he said as Anzu, Bakura and Shadi got back into the car. 'What's the matter?', asked Yugi's grandpa as Kaiba walked towards him. 'Is Yugi's in danger..?', said the old man again. Kaiba took out his card and gave it to the elderly man. 'We tried to make sure that he isn't. A dark wizard seemed to come for us, the sennen item holders. Call me if Yugi returned home!!', said Kaiba as he left with the others.

Grandpa Mutou watched the car go as he clasped Kaiba's card firmly on his hand. 'Yugi... please be safe...', he prayed as the car vanished from view...

**
'So, Anzu... Do you know where would Yugi probably be?', asked Kaiba as the car stopped at a junction. Anzu pulled the paper she found under Yugi's desk to him. 'I found this under his table after school today...', she said as she gave the paper to Kaiba.

'To find out about the answers you seek? Place where the pieces lay? Could it possibly referring to the tablets at the art museum?', he contemplated as he looked at the back of the car. 'Shadi, did the two tablets on the shadow games and the God cards still there at the art museum?', he asked Shadi as he nodded. 'Yes, it's still there... The pharaoh's spirit was still unable to retrieve all of his lost memories and it was decided that the tablets should remained until then.'

Kaiba frowned as the traffic lights turned green. 'Then Yugi must be there!!', he cried as he switched the gear and sped towards the direction of the museum. And hopefully, we're not too late!! Yugi, don't die on me!!, thought Kaiba as he drove the car through the busy traffic...
**

At the art museum...

Yugi walked absentmindedly towards the Egyptian tablet, featuring the nameless pharaoh and the high priest in duel. He placed his hand on the glass casing, directly over the pharaoh's carvings. 'The lost memories of my other self. Could we ever retrieve it?', mused Yugi silently as his small voice echoed along the empty chamber. 

'Someday we will retrieve it, aibou... Someday we will. We have to believe that!!', said his yami as Yugi slowly nodded. 'Yes, we have to believe. I..' Suddenly, there was a sound of another's presence not far from where they were. Yugi turned around instantly. 'Did you hear that, aibou?', whispered Yugi as he looked around the chamber.

'I heard it too. Probably the guy who sets us up. When we entered this place just now, not a lot of people were present. And less of them had ever reached here and strayed long, not like they allowed it. Let's investigate...'

'Un..', said Yugi as they heard the sound again, from the hallway not far from them. Yugi silently followed the trail off the sound as he reached another dark and empty chamber. 'Probably they had started preparing this chamber to place more artifacts...', mused Yugi as suddenly he heard a sound of moving chains. And before he knew it, several chains magically rose from the floor and caught both his hands.

'Masaka!? It's a trap!!', gasped Yugi as he tried to free himself, only to find that a summoned monster had emerged from his back and a large clawed hand inches from his face. Yugi's breath almost stopped as he felt the claws piercing his skin. But more the tension mounted as he heard and saw the person who was laughing in satisfaction at him at the end of the chamber.

'Aibou, stay calm!! I'll protect you...', said Yami but Yugi shook his head. 'Yami... it's him!! It's the mage from my dream!!', cried Yugi as Yami gasped in surprise...

[TBC]

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------

az: Oh... cliffy!! Long time since I made a good cliffy!! Actually, I dunno what I'm doing... not very good with words... but I'll check this later...