Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Lost ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: Lost

Author: Soraki

Rating: PG just cause of the mention of kissing and dating. Even though it could probably pass, I refuse to write something G-rated. ::huffs::

Pairing: Mentions of JouYugi, implied one-sided YamiYugi, and implied subtle SetoYami-ish

Disclaimer: Yu-Gi-Oh! belongs to Kazuki Takahashi. I'm Soraki. Got it?

Summary: Have you ever wondered how many people never get the one they want, but end up with the one they're supposed to have? (taken from my friend's livejournal)

Notes: I promised Ch 01 of Fallen, didn't I? Heh, heh. ::sweatdrops:: You get this instead. Attempted angst and no real pairings. Mainly subtle romances but major OOC-ness. If anyone has any requests for one-shots (I'm best at fluff and NO smut. I can't write that), email me at SorakiTheTormentor @ gmail . com (sans spaces) and I'll get back to ya. Or AIM me at Tormentor Soraki. Enjoy and review please.


I sat on the park bench, my silent tears falling together will the cold rain.

I didn't understand what he meant originally. I didn't even realize what was going on.

"Yami!! Jou-kun and I are dating now!"

"That's great, Aibou."

I knew that it was okay since Aibou was so happy. And since Jounouchi-kun was involved, I knew Yugi would be safe. But it wasn't until I walked in on them kissing that I understood.

I had lost my other half.

I had lost myself.

"Yu…gi…?"

"Ah, Yami! Sorry, we'll lock the door next time."

Silence.

"Hey, Yami, you alright?"

No. I`m not.

I had felt his presence for a while now. I assumed he ignored me; who wanted to confront a crying spirit?

But he sat next to me, his strong and commanding aura still present.

Kaiba.

I opened my mouth to tell to leave me, but the only sound that came out was a choked sob.

"Yami. What happened?"

Not now, Kaiba.

"It's Yugi, isn't it."

I choke again. Am I that obvious?

"He still loves you."

He abandoned me.

"He didn't ditch you for the mutt. You're still his other half."

But now, I'm lost again.

"Come home with me."

I looked up at him.

My voice was hoarse. "What do you get out of this, Kaiba? Why are you trying to help?"

He smirked a little. "Because I don't want my victory to be an easy one. If I did, I could just duel Honda."

He helped me off the bench. "You can change at the manor; you get pneumonia if you stay wet any longer."

We walked to his waiting limo, both soaked from the rain. In his limo, he wrapped me in a warm blanket and he held me.

It was nice.

It took a while, but I think I was starting to understand. And even though it was small, it was progress. I understood that during my healing process, Kaiba would be helping me. It would take time until I fully healed, but now I knew that someone was there for me.

That just because I was a little lost, it didn't mean I was completely alone.

"Kaiba?"

My voice was barely a whisper. I heard his little grunt of a reply.

"Thank you."


Hope you liked it. Review please.