Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Lotus Petals ❯ The Return & the Kidnapping ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Lotus Petals
Chapter 2: The Return & the Kidnapping
 
Throughout the day my mind refused to stay rooted and constantly wandered. Each priest repeatedly asked me if I knew the name of the thief. I'm not sure why, but I denied knowing his name, despite the fact that it was burned into my skull.
 
Mahado, my best friend and high priest, glances at me and must see that I'm not very interested in the matter. “My Pharaoh, you seem tired, maybe you should go rest.”
 
I nod in thanks and agreement, “I think I will, send dinner to my chambers.”
 
All the priests give a small bow to me as I stand and make my way to my quarters.
 
~_~_~_~_~_~_~
 
Nightfall couldn't have come sooner. I had stayed dressed in my regular attire for the whole day even though I stayed in my room. Walking out onto the balcony I gaze into the night. A shadow of a swift shadow catches my gaze but I shrug it off. Turning away from the sight I stare at the glittering stars. Just as I breathe in a thick cloth is tied around my mouth.
 
Snow white hair falls on my shoulder as he whispers in my ear. “I'm back…and you're coming along, so no resistance.” As he does thick coils of rope restrain my hands.
 
Making our way back across the palace wall, a guard spots us. Yelling at the others, he tries to sound everyone else. But before anyone can turn to track us…Bakura has me on the front of a horse, already galloping through the cold desert night.
 
The horse eventually slows as an oasis comes into view. Stopping just inside the tree line, Bakura hits me so that I come into contact with the sandy ground with a hard thud.
 
The crystal water glistens under the moon's beams as well as his hair as he strides back over to me. Removing only the cloth around my mouth, he sits down beside me while his eyes stay focused upon the water's glassy surface.
 
“So my `Pharaoh' let me tell you one thing. You will not be treated like a king in my presence. You're only a mere human as well…and I'm not afraid of killing you.”
 
“Then kill me,” I say in the emotionless voice I've adopted lately.
 
Laughing, he pulls his knees up to his chest, “You're one strange pharaoh.”
 
“Don't call me that…my name's Atemu.”
 
“Whatever.”
 
“Do me a small favor, would you?”
 
“I don't do favors.”
 
“Then will you at least listen?”
 
Bakura gives a snort to my question, “Fine…go ahead I'm listening.”
 
“Don't let them take me back. I don't care what happens as long as I don't go back.” I turn to look at him and our eyes finally meet, “I just want to be free.”
 
He immediately turns away but I find myself unable to.
 
This is wrong. I shouldn't find him attractive or even…to the point that he might care. Even if my feelings returned to me, it would never work. A notorious thief and a pharaoh would not connect…should not connect.
 
Bakura lies back and closes his eyes. I quirk an eyebrow to the action, “What are you doing?”
 
“Sleeping…”
 
“Aren't you afraid I'll run away?”
 
Rolling back up he undoes the bindings on my wrists before lieing back down and shutting his orbs off from the world. “Get some rest. We have to get up shortly.”
 
Smiling for the first time in awhile I lay down and drift off into a peaceful sleep.