Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Lotus Petals ❯ The Assualt ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Lotus Petals
Chapter 5: The Assault

The pillow is ripped away and someone grabs a hold of my upper arm. As I'm yanked off the bed and spun around, I instantly meet the person's lips. The taste of cinnamon and sweet fruit sends my senses wild and I know that it's Bakura. The kiss is broken and he drags me to the balcony. "I'm going to throw you over my shoulder, so hang on."

Before I can nod he goes through with it, but gently. He jumps onto the top of the wall and runs along it. Coming to the end of it he jumps and grabs onto a rope as to slow the fall. The second our feet touch the ground, we climb to the horse, and escape.

Being in front, I rest my head against his chest and enjoy the cool desert air rushing against me.

~_~_~_~_~_~

I didn't realize I had fallen asleep till I awake on a pile of hay. Lifting myself up, I rub at my eyes only to hear a light chuckle.

"Good morning sleepy head."

How could I have fallen asleep when I had slept all day? Must have been comfortable.

I grin weakly and stand up to slowly walk over to his open arms. He pulls me onto his lap. I try to speak but my parched throat and the finger to my lips, silences me. I'm picked up and laid back down on the hay. With a kiss to my forehead, he strides away.

"I'll go get you some water and fruit. Marik will be on guard but he won't bother you."

He leaves the make-shift tent and in about a minute or so Marik enters. The fear must show on my face because quiet evil laughter emits from his mouth. Making his way over to me, he grabs me by the collar of my shirt and throws me to the ground.

Sitting on my waist, he holds both hands over my head in a single grip. A petite dagger with a cobra carved on the top appears in his free hand.

A wave of panic sweeps over me.

Am I going to die.

Struggling to get my hands free I only succeed in getting Marik to press the dagger firmly against my neck.

I stop moving and hold my breath immediately.

"Don't scream or I kill you right before his eyes."

Is it possible he can see what I'm thinking? He's knows I would never wish that upon Bakura...whether he cares or not.

He cuts me up and down my left arm and I have to clench my teeth so that I can be sure not to make a noise. Listening carefully I hear the sound of someone coming. Marik stands me up and I try to refuse when the dagger ends up digging into my cheek.

The blood runs down my jawbone and drips off, leaving lines of red.

Dragging me up to my feet the dagger sticks into my throat where the plasma begins to bead up. I sway slightly and try to lift a hand to hold my head.

Anger and rage shroud Bakura's tanned face. "Marik, get out! I'll deal with you later!"

The hold on me is released and Marik is gone. The feeling of falling ceases when protective arms circle around me and place me safely on the ground.

Cold water rushes over the slashes and I sharply suck in air in an attempt to avoid screaming. A salve is applied to me and the burning ceases. Bakura wraps cloth around my arm before lying down on my other side and softly strokes my cheek.