Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ love throught the time ❯ Chapter 8

[ A - All Readers ]

Hi !! Everyone this his another chapter !! Indeed at first it must be more longer but i decided to cut it off not to be too long !! so i think the next week the other part (so a new chapter) will be put on line !!
I think we will love it this chapter !! I loved to write it !!
14
By a cold winter morning, the twenty six exactly, Atem woke up after a peace night. Sat down on his bed, he thought about yesterday. After he had rested from the Mazaky's party, Atem and his friends had decided to see each other to eat a piece and be together all the afternoon. Yugi and Jono uchi fought in some games in the arcade, with Honda and Bakura who had watched them. Moreover, Honda had teased Jono uchi several times and this latter had immediately retorted. Bakura and Yugi had tried to interfere and separate them at the beginning, but seeing that it didn't change, they let them fight. Marek and Kazumi left them to walk in the arcade alone, hand in hand, under the gaze of Anzu and Atem, who had seen them leave, a smile on their face. Then they looked at each other, lost in the other eyes. Maï, coming with Rebecca, had called Anzu and this one turned aside from Atem, with a little regret. The three girls, by common consent, had decided to do a little shopping and let the boys together. Atem had watched them leaving, especially Anzu and fixed his eyes on her until he couldn't see her. Then he closed his eyes and turned around to join his friends, who were busy to look at another fight between Jono uchi and Honda. In the end, everybody met again to eat something and they finished the evening all together.
Atem remembered very well this afternoon. He had had fun and had a very wonderful day. But he thought very much about what had happened during the party and especially the kiss with Anzu. He felt again the warmth and the sweetness of her lips and especially what the kiss had done to him. When he had kissed her, he had the impression that all this thing was natural and inside him he felt that he was at the right place. But could he actually think like this and above all was it really what he felt? He was aware that every time he saw her and was with her, he felt extremely well and he appreciated more and more her presence near him. The more the days had passed the more he wondered about all the feelings.
Shaking his head, he decided not to think about that and he got up from his bed to prepare himself. He went toward the bathroom and took his shower. After he was prepared, he went in the kitchen to join Bakura, who was going to make the breakfast. Atem helped him and they mad it together. Marek, joined them lately yawning a little, and help them too.
“So Marek! You seem to be a little tired today?” Asked Bakura while watching him yawning one more time.
“Ah! Yes I don't sufficiently sleep tonight! I would stay a little longer in my bed this morning !! » He answered with his sleeping voice.
Atem looked at him smiling a little.
“So! Atem! This past two days was a highly emotional moment, wasn't it?” Asked suddenly Marek, watching him fixedly while smiling.
This latter lost his smile and watched him seriously without taking his eyes off him. They stayed like this several minutes without talking, just stared. Bakura looked at each other and didn't dare to say something. He preferred to stay far away from them.
“Ah! I have a present for you!” Said Marek going through his pocket and going out something from here.
He gave it to Atem while smiling. This one looked at it and lost his attitude for a little while. Indeed the young man had given him the famous photo, taken during the party when Atem and Anzu had been kissing. Marek, smiled seeing Atem lost his composure. Atem recovered from this shock and looked at Marek frowning.
“I thought that it will be a good memory. It was after all, your first kiss and it's something so marvellous, that we wil remember it all our life. Especially when it had made with someone we love!!” Began to say Marek while joining his hands together and putting them on his heart, his eyes closed “I cherish and keep it preciously in my heart, because kiss the person you love is unique!!” He finished saying a gentle and dreamy smile on his face, because he thought about his first kiss with Kazumi.
Atem watched him, always frowning, while thinking that Marek made fun of him. But seeing him like this, he calmed down and meditated on what he exactly had said earlier.
`That's right! Kiss Anzu had agreeably surprised me and my heart had pounded quickly. But do I feel love for her?' He thought.
Bakura watched Atem, who was thinking and he understood what was on his mind. He decided to relax the atmosphere saying:
“Well! We should eat, if not we will be late!!”
“Hum! You're right! Let's eat! You're coming, Atem?” Asked Marek, stopping his little dream.
Atem awoke from his thoughts and agreed.
“But during this time, someone had listened behind the door and had smiled. Indeed, the professor had listened to the whole conversation between the two teens. He had smiled more when he had seen his pupil disturbed for a while, when Marek had given to him the photo. See him like this, which was always calm and was in control of himself, made him understand that Atem was upset by his precious friend. Smiling again, he decided to show himself from the others, so he went in the kitchen. When the others saw him, they greeted him and they began to eat.
After a quiet and copious breakfast, the two high school students prepared to go out, taking theirs lunches and belongings.
Atem went in his bedroom to prepare himself, because Mr Haras and he were going to leave too in one hour. Indeed, it was decided that the lessons will be in the Mazaki. Going in his room, he took off the photo from his pocket and watched it carefully. He thought again about the party and seeing this moment on the photo, let him thoughtful. He closed his eyes, lost in his thoughts. Then he opened them and decided to put the photo in his nightstand, instead of threw it. He went out from his bedroom glancing one last time toward the table where the photo was, before close the door.
He went to join Mr Haras, who waited him in the living room. He sat down on the couch and fixed something without taking care of his environment.
Mr Haras observed him carefully, trying to find what the young man was thinking.
“Well my boy! You seem so thoughtful?” He asked.
Atem stopped to thinking and raised his head to look at him, a little surprised.
“Hum, no! Don't worry, I'm fine!” He answered.
“Are you sure? You seem a little absent minded. If you need someone to talk, I'm here!” He said smiling nicely.
Atem watched him a little, and then he closed his eyes smiling.
“Thank you!” He began to say “It's just that I ask me some questions in this moment about full of things. But don't worry, I'm fine!” He finished saying while opening his eyes and watching him.
Mr Haras approved and let him tranquil. Atem know that if he needed some help, Mr Haras would help him. Moreover, the professor suspected a little, about what exactly worried Atem. He smiled while thinking that the young man wasn't insensitive about the lovely young lady and what he felt for her.
Atem watched him and knew that he could count on him to help him. But he had to clarify his thoughts and found his own answers.
In a street near the school, where students advancing to arrive at school, a group of youths discussed while walking. Indeed, Yugi and his friends were on the way to school. Jono uchi approached Marek, who was with Kazumi and asked him if he could talk one on one.
Kazumi looked Jono uchi, then Marek. He looked her and smiled tenderly. She gave him her smile too and freed herself from Marek. Then she went away from him an approached another. Left behind, Jono uchi and Marek discussed.
“So, Marek! How it happens with Atem?” Asked Jono uchi.
“Hum well! I landed him the famous photo and told him the importance of sharing a first kiss with someone who is dear to his heart!” Answered Marek smiling.
Jono uchi agreed and looking Marek straight in the eye, he asked:
“Well then! It works?”
Marek smiled even more and stayed a few seconds his gaze lost, before answering.
“Well! He didn't say anything but I saw he was a little disturbed by what I said!”
“Oh! Oh! I hope it will help him! But then you exchange the method?” Asked Jono uchi a little surprised.
Marek looked at him and replied with an understanding look.
“Yes! I am almost sure he felt something for her. But he mustn't be aware!” He began to say in a hushed tone “After all he was locked in a puzzle for five thousand years and moreover he maybe had never experienced this before, who knows? So, it's time to attack. I will try to create opportunities so that they are both as often as possible, and so he will face the facts of what he feels. What do you think Jono uchi?” He finished saying while raising his thumb.
“Hum! It's a great idea, I'm with you!” Answered Jono uchi also lifting his thumb to let him know he was with him. Then they began to smile as two accomplices who are preparing something.
Kazumi and Bakura looked them from the corner of their eyes and understood that they had prepared something. Of course, she also wanted Anzu to be happy because she knew that Anzu was in love with the young other Egyptian. But she thought that with Marek and Jono uchi, it would be not easy, because despite their good intentions they would be causing a disaster.
She looked and saw Bakura watched them too shaking his head. He saw and watched her too and smiled as he understood she thought the same thing than him.
They went underway because the bell had just been heard.
Half past eight, Atem and Mr Haras went to pick up their belongings and headed toward the door. They came out of the apartment and went in the Mazaki.
They arrive twenty minutes later. They banged at the door and waited as the door opens. It opened after a while, and they could see Anzu. She hosted them with a smile on her lips and let them enter.
Mr Haras greeted her and came first. Then Atem also entered and greeted her by watching affectionately. He could not help but look her and feel well in her presence.
Anzu looked at too with the same affection and she smiled warmly without leaving his eyes. Those purple and intense eyes that reflected a depth and intelligence of the great pharaoh he was.
Atem, he couldn't detach his gaze of these eyes. He had always loved their colours, a bright blue colour, which had a great gentleness and kindness he loved especially in her.
They remained motionless for a long time. Mr Haras observed them for a long time and saw their trust and mutual affection they held for each other. He could fell the same strength emanated from these two. Then he mad them know that he was here.
They turned around to the professor a little embarrassed and looked him.
“Well! I think it's time to get down working my children. What do you think?” Said the professor amused a glimmer in his eyes.
“Uh… Yes…. It's true… Here Mr Haras…. Atem” Said Anzu a little embarrassed then resuming she sent them a smile, and went to the living room.
Atem looked her go away and be followed closely by Mr Haras. They went to work and stopped for lunch.
Mr Haras had confirmation of what he thought about the young lady. Anzu was someone alive and intelligent, the same as Atem. He could see the same glimmer of determination and learning in their eyes. He saw that the two friends agreed really well and worked very well both. They helped as they were promised. Atem helped Anzu about the sciences and Anzu for the languages and literature. Between them, they progressed much faster and it was a pleasure for Mr Haras to work with them, as they demanded more and always wanted to learn as much as possible.
Atem really appreciated his complicity with Anzu. He doesn't tired of listening to her explain and watch her, which surprised him a lot. Yet for nothing in the world he didn't want to be elsewhere than here.
Anzu, she appreciated the presence of the ancient pharaoh with her and through him she came a little understandable; his presence gave her the strength to go further give her all. She liked the way he explained things and his voice lulled her. And the concentration which he showed amazed her more than anything in the world.
They worked together all day in a studious and relaxed atmosphere at the same time.
When they finished in the evening, they returned at their apartment. Atem went to his room to put his belongings. But above all he wanted to be alone to think about what he felt. He really enjoyed the day, despite the workload. He was eager to be tomorrow. At the same time he wondered what he felt for her was a real affection or was it a little more than that. Indeed, his heart had beaten when he had seen her this morning. He thought about what Marek had told him about the first kiss and wondered if it was that he had felt. Lost in his thoughts, he didn't hear someone who knocked on the door. It opened slowly and someone came. It was indeed Bakura which called him nicely. Surprised Atem looked and invited him to enter.
“I hope I don't disturb you, Atem? But I wanted to know if you were fine?” He asked approaching him and sitting on his bed.
“Hum no! You don't disturb me! And then I'm fine don't worry, thank you to ask!” He said smiling and sitting up from his bed, who he was lying.
“Are you sure? You seem far away! You know it doesn't bother me to help you?” Said Bakura a little worried.
Atem looked him and his smile faded away a little.
“Hum! Let's say I wonder with all these changes which happen. It's true that it disturbs me a little. But it's ok!” He answered him.
“It's normal that you ask you question, you know? But some of your question would be about…. Anzu, wouldn't it?” He began to say a little hesitant “Listen! I don't want to intrude on your privacy, but you know if you want to talk I'm here!” Said Bakura looking kindly.
Atem looked him for a while before replying, while reflecting on what he had said. He appreciated the help of bakura had proposed but before asking advice, he should clarify the feelings that he was experiencing.
“It's true that part of my questions concerned her, and I thank you for your help… But I must first clarify all this before ask for advice! But don't worry if I need help, I will tell you! Thank you very much Bakura!” He said smiling again.
Bakura smiled too and also decided to let him alone.
“Well I let you! I have work to do!” He said rising and heading for the door. Atem looked him leaving and sighed. Bakura was right; he questioned about what he felt for her. He shook his head and began to work also, to be ready for tomorrow.
The same rhythm continued for a few days and the closeness between Atem and Anzu became increasingly strong. They worked hard and were always together. Even after class, they stayed all two, under the look of Mr Haras, who saw the perfect understanding between the two young people.
Then the day of the New Year arrived and after a day of working, the gang decided to meet at eleven o' clock in the evening, to go to the temple, pray and wish the happy New Year.
Yugi and his friends had arrived at the station and wait until the others arrive. Bakura, Marek and Atem arrived shortly after and went to join them. Then they decided to go.
Jono uchi, Maï and Honda were in front and discussed. Yugi and Rebecca followed them closely and discussed too. Marek and Kazumi stood by hand and talked joyfully. Bakura, Atem and Anzu were behind. Atem was watching his former partner a little surprised. Indeed he was with Rebecca who took his hand and didn't seem to complain. On the contrary, he could see from him a glimmer of tenderness. He had always believed that Yugi and Anzu would be set at the end. But it seemed that this isn't the case. Deep in him, he could feel a hint of relief. He was astonished to feel that but yet it was here and that is what he thought deeply and really. He threw a quick glance toward the girl and smiled despite him.
They arrived at the temple, where a huge crowd had gathered to pray. Yugi and his friends approached the altar and prayed too. Each had their own vow to make. For some of them that the New Year brings them success and happiness, for other to find love….
Anzu requested for the coming year a very happy one and that all those she knew to be happy. Deep inside se also prayed that the one she loved loves her in return and she finds the strength to tell him.
Without knowing it, the man of her thoughts looked at her. Indeed, while praying, Atem looked her for a whole before he closed his eyes and concentrate on what he wanted. Obviously, he prayed for his friends but also to succeed in his studies and his new life. He was surprised to pray that the closeness he had with Anzu will be always so strong or more and especially he could stay with her forever. Thinking that, he opened and wondered if that is what he had really wished. He found that indeed he really thought this and wanted this more than anything. By mediating on it, he noticed that his eyes were on her. She prayed again and he found that she looked like an angel, with the lights of lanterns on her, she was wonderfully beautiful. He looked for a while without getting tired.
Watching her, he didn't see two other people watched him. Indeed Jono uchi and Marek had raised an eye on him. Then they looked at each other and smiled mischievously, before returning to theirs prayers.
After praying, they went away from the temple, and decided to go to party all together for the beginning of this year. They all found themselves in a karaoke room and had fun until late in the night.
Marek and Jono uchi sang together and were fools, as two kids under the look of Kazumi and Maï. Yugi and Rebecca watched occasionally, while discussing both. Honda had fun of how sang Jono uchi, which of course replied each time. They fought on a song to know who sang the best with the laughter of others. After this contest, Jono uchi handed the micro to Anzu to also sing. Surprised, she looked for a moment and wanted to say no, but under the encouragement of his friends, she accepted. She got up and took the microphone before settling in front of the screen a little embarrassed, while everybody watched her and waited she began to sing.
When she began the song, which was indeed a love song, everyone was delighted. Indeed, her voice was sweet and pure, and she expressed an emotion that shocked everyone. Atem, in particular watched her, his eyes widened, surprised and amazed. He knew that she danced very well, but he didn't think she had a melodious voice. He couldn't detach his eyes from her and he was like in trance. Her voice penetrated to the depths of his soul and the words she sang mad vibrated each fibre of his body. Because the song spoke of the feeling of love that a man discovered toward a girl, his friend, that was always at his side and he discovered that it was exactly what he felt for her.
When the song ended, a silence came to hear before a thunderous applause should be made to the performance of Anzu. She rested the microphone a little embarrassed and went away under the congratulations of his friends that she thanked. By passing toward Atem to go sit down, she looked him for a moment. He also looked her and followed her until she sat down.
After calm was income, it was the turn of Yugi and Rebecca to go to sing. While the two young sang, Atem continued to look at her, a gleam in his eyes a glimmer of tenderness. Anzu wasn't- aware of that because she was discussing with Maï and Kazumi, while Honda and Bakura encouraged Yugi and Rebecca. But Marek and Jono uchi had noticed this and smiled. Then Marek smacked the hand of Jono uchi to congratulate him. Indeed, jono uchi had explicitly proposed to Anzu to sing this song because he knew the words of it and he was almost sure that they would help Atem understand what he felt. And he wasn't disappointed because he and Marek had seen the light that Atem had had throughout her performance and he always had.
After spending the night singing and having fun, everyone decided to go home to rest. They separated and returned on their own. Marek, Atem and Bakura accompanied the girls at home. Along the way, Atem looked Anzu from the corner of his eyes the most seriously possible and lovingly too without saying something. Bakura saw the gaze he had toward Anzu and wondered what was happening. He understood that something had happened and he had the impression that Atem had found his answers at least some of them. He began to smile and waiting for the days that would come forward, because if he was right, something would be happening.
After accompanied the girls, the boys returned home and went each in their own room. Sat down on the edge of the window, Atem watched the sleeping town, thoughtful. He finally understood what he felt. He felt relieved and at the same time frightened because he didn't know what he was going to do.
`I finally understood! Everything that I felt was so simple to understand and I felt it for so long ago and yet I realised it now' He began to think `How didn't I been able to see that before!! I realize finally that….'
“I love her…. I do love Anzu!!” He whispered with his deep and warm voice, full of tenderness and love. He closed his eyes before this realization and a smile on his lips.
15
The next day at eleven, Atem got up after being asleep at four in the morning. He remained seat in his bed thinking about the revelation that he had had before falling asleep. He had just discovered he loved Anzu and for a long time ago. Closing his eyes, he meditated on this discovery. He had finally understood what he felt and was happy but at the same time he didn't know what to do. It's true that when he was a spirit he was much concern about his origins and the dangers he faced that he had no time to think about that. And then he knew that Yugi also loved her and unconsciously he had forbidden to think so, as not to hurt his friend. But now it was different. First he had his own body and most importantly it seemed that Yugi has been closer to Rebecca since some time. Has he abandoned his feelings that he had toward Anzu? Atem asked himself the question, because if this wasn't the case he wouldn't take the one who was making beat the heart of his best friend and former partner. He should first check it before doing something. But he should do it quickly as he wouldn't remain in doubt. And then even if by happiness, Yugi confirmed that he had renounced Anzu, how to tell her because he didn't know if she loved him too and above all he wasn't used to that. Facing monsters or other creatures didn't afraid him but told his love to the one he loves was something else. He decided to drive his thoughts and stand saying that he would “confront” it in a timeless way. He left his room and went to prepare.
Going to the kitchen he saw Bakura and Mr Haras now began to eat. He greeted and moved to his place to eat as well. Atem saw that Marek wasn't still lifted and he thought that it might be a chance, because he doubted that he would surely say something about the last night.
Bakura looked at hin and wondered if he should talk to him or not. He preferred to say nothing and leaving his friend alone and let him come if he wanted to talk.
They began to eat quietly. Then suddenly they heard a boom from the room of Marek and wondered what had happened. They also heard someone grumbled after a few minutes and a door opened. They heard Marek go to the bathroom and the water began to flow.
They concluded that Marek had fall from his bed and that he therefore had awakened. They began to laugh when they thought about it then they continued to eat. Fifteen minutes later, Marek joined them in the kitchen and seated to his place. The others looked him sit down and ate again.
“Well Marek! It wasn't too hard to wake up?” Asked Bakura laughing a little.
“You talk! I would prefer to stay in my bed longer!” I was such in a great dream!” Answered Marek grumbled a little.
Atem said nothing but began to smile at seeing the look of his friend.
They continued to lunch. After finished it and cleaned the kitchen, they went in the living room to relax. Sitting on the edge of the window, Atem looked with an absent gaze the town. He wondered how he would approach the subject with Yugi, because if he hadn't give up Anzu he didn't want his friend to know that he had feelings for her too. Immersed in his thoughts he didn't see Bakura and Marek who watched him. They looked him and saw that he was deeply in his thoughts. They went near him and bakura talked to him first:
“Uh! Atem….. Are you ok? You look so far away from here!”
He came out of his thoughts and looked a little surprised because he hadn't seen them approaching.
“Hum yes!” He said simply.
“Are you sure? You seemed deep in your thoughts” Marek began to say smiling “But perhaps you thought about something?” He finished saying.
Atem began to blush slightly before he resume.
“But…. What makes you say that? I don't think about someone” He said a little uneasy.
“I never said that it was someone whom you thought, but SOMETHING!” Said Marek smiling mischievously.
Atem realizing his error said nothing. He looked at Marek and saw that he was smiling `Oh no! What will he tell me? I have the impression that he guessed!” He thought.
Bakura looked at his two friends and said nothing as well. He also felt that Marek was going to say something and he wasn't surprised when he spoke:
“Well, then! Who is the person whom you thought, hum?” He began to say “Well, let's change the subject! Didn't you find that Anzu has sung very well yesterday? Because throughout her performance you kept watching her and even after! And the song was beautiful by the way, on a man who discovers he is in love with his best friend for a long time and he didn't realize it before, wasn't it Atem?” He finished saying while raising his eyebrows several times.
Atem blushed even more and didn't reply because he understood that Marek had seen him yesterday and he wouldn't let him tranquil. Bakura was surprised to hear that and wondered if he hadn't invented it to make reacting Atem. But when he saw the reaction of Atem who had said nothing and blushed, he realized that he hadn't invented it.
“So Atem! How you found her? In any case you watched her with love and you didn't leave your eyes from her during the evening. Will you fall for her?” Continued Marek smiling always.
Atem jumped a little and turned his head from them. He didn't want to deny it because he knew that Marek had seen through him and he would do anything to find out. Taking back his composure, Atem turned his head and looked him straight in his eyes a glimmer of determination in his eyes.
“Yes it's true! So, what?” He said simply.
Marek and Bakura looked him with eyes wide opened and didn't know what to say. Atem had confessed he loved Anzu and they didn't expect at all that he would confess everything like that. Then Marek said:
“Hey! You finally realise it! It's great!”
Atem looked him surprised and asked him:
“What do you mean?”
“Well! It's been a long time that I doubted you loved her, you know! And I `m not alone, isn't it Bakura?” He said returning toward Bakura.
Bakura looked at him then at Atem smiling gently.
“Hum! Yes! It's true that this is what I told myself but I wasn't sure of that!”
Atem looked both surprised by what he had just heard.
“You'd noticed then? I don't believe it?” He said as if he talked to himself.
“Yes! Why do you think that I was doing all these allusion?” Said Marek smiling.
Atem remembered all these moments which Marek was referring and began to smile back, now that he had understood.
“So! Now that you know what you feel, when are you going to tell her?” Asked marek.
“Listen…. This isn't so simple! I must first check something!” Answered Atem seriously and looking through the window.
The other two looked at each other, surprised and then they looked Atem before resuming.
“But…. What do you want to check?” Asked Bakura.
Atem didn't reply immediately. He closed his eyes for a few seconds before reopening them and watching his friends.
“Well! You know when I was in the body of Yugi, I saw that he too loved Anzu very much and this is perhaps why I have been so slow to understand what I felt. And the last thing I want to do is to make him suffer! That is why I have to check if he always loves her!”
“But you know, I think it's useless! I don't know if you noticed it but he was much closer to Rebecca. We could tell you because we saw them every day at school!” Answered Bakura.
“Hum! I know I noticed it me too. But I ….Prefer to be sure” He began to say “And I would appreciate if you didn't talk anyone about this for the moment!” He finished saying by looking straight in their eyes.
Marek and Bakura approved him and smiled. Atem smiled too and suddenly stood up. He went to his room and took his cell phone. He dialled a number and waited until the person answers:
“HI! Yugi Mûto speaking!”
“Hi! Yugi! It's Atem. How are you? Listen…. I wondered if I could see you this afternoon one on one?” Asked Atem a little hesitating.
This surprised Yugi who had never heard his former partner like this.
“Yes of course! No Problem! You want to meet me somewhere?” Answered Yugi.
Atem gave him the address of a café in downtown. Yugi approved and they agreed upon to meet there at half past two. Then Atem hung up and closed his eyes for a short time sighing. He would be fixed soon on what he wanted to know before continuing. He stood up from his office chair and left the room. He saw that his friends hadn't move and waited him.
When they heard him coming back, they looked at him wondering what he had done. Atem approached them and returned to sit on the edge of the window. He looked outside a few seconds then he began to talk:
“I just call Yugi and I will meet him this afternoon. So I would be setting!” He said with seriousness.
Marek and Bakura looked each other before watched him. They understood what he felt and hoped that he would find the answers the hoped.
“You know! I think you worry about nothing! But well if you want to be sure we are with you!” Said Marek smiling.
“Yes and I think it's wonderful that you want to do everything in order not to hurt your friend! That is why I will also be with you!” Said Bakura smiling too gently.
Atem looked them smiling and thanked them for their support. Then they discussed about everything in the good mood.
The professor had followed the conversation from afar and has the same opinion than the two young men. He was really impressed about the behaviour of his young pupil and requested him also that he finds happiness with the one he loves now that he had admitted his feelings. He smiled and returned to read his book in the small library adjacent the living room.
The lunchtime came and they ate while chatting. At least Marek, Bakura and the professor discussed because Atem followed the conversation from afar. He thought about his meeting with his former partner and he wondered how to bring the subject without the latter wasn't obvious of it. The other three understood his silence and let him alone.
After the lunch, Atem prepared for his visit with Yugi. When he had finished he sat on his bed and opened his bedside table. He took the photo and looked at a little while `Anzu…. Now that I know what I feel for you, could I tell it to you or should I hide it to you. I would like so much that you are mine but… If Yugi still loves you, I could never tell you!' Atem thought sighing. Then he put the picture in the bedside table and stood up to leave the room.
Arriving in the living room, he saw his friends who where seated on the sofa and watched him. They smiled and wished him a good luck for his meeting. Mr Haras said nothing but thought no less. Atem thanked them and headed toward the door. He opened it and went out of the apartment closing the door.
Marek and Bakura looked him and sighed.
“I hope that it will work for him! I hope so much!” Said Bakura.
“Hum! Don't worry! I'm sure it will work! You have seen it too?” Answered Marek smiling.
Bakura agreed then they decided to watch tv while waiting the return of the ancient pharaoh.
At the café, Atem moved to a table and waited for the arrival of Yugi. His gaze fixed and thinking of what he could say to bring the conversation wherever he wanted. Lost in his thoughts, he didn't hear the door open and so the arrival of Yugi. The latter saw him and went to the table where were his friend, smiling and docking:
"Hey! Atem! How are you? "He asked joyfully.
Atem lifted his head and saw that his former partner was there, smiling. He smiled and replied:
"Yugi!! I am fine and I'm glad to see you. It was a long time that we had not been both! "He said him warmly.
Yugi approved and moved in front of Atem. They ordered a coca cola and waited as the waitress was gone to discuss.
"So Atem you wanted to see me? Of course I am happy to find myself there with you, it reminds me when you were a spirit and that we could discuss anything you and me! "Said Yugi sipping his drink.
Atem looked a little hesitant not knowing how to bring the subject.
"Well, I wanted to discuss among ourselves as we did before, because with all the others it is not clear!!" He began to say "Otherwise… Is it that everything is well in your life, because I do not often see you? "He finished saying.
"Me? I'm allright!! Especially now that you are there with us it is too cool! And then we have three more people in our group and it is great !! "He said smiling.
"Hum! It is true that Marek, Kazumi and Rebecca among us the group is growing!! "Said the pharaoh, smiling as well.
"Hum!! Yes we have fun together and very much! I had a little fear that Marek had trouble finding his bearings in the group, but he seems to get along well with everybody and especially with Jono uchi!! "Said Yugi laughing.
The pharaoh approved and began to laugh too. He listened Yugi tell the exploits that the two young men made at school or when they went on. He saw that Yugi was happy and he was afraid to lose this happiness to him asking what he needed to know. But he had to do it for him and Yugi because he wanted to be honest with him and avoid him of the sentence.
Yugi continued to discuss with his friend and asked him questions on his progress in his classes. Atem answered gently and said he was progressing well.
"I understand! And then I think that since Anzu joined you, you're doing better, because she is really intelligent and she explains very well!! "Said Yugi, smiling.
Atem agreed and smiled tenderly with a glimmer of tenderness in his eyes when he heard the name of Anzu.
Yugi saw that and smiled mischievously as he was beginning to understand the real reason for his coming here. He decided to tease the former pharaoh.
"In fact! By changing the topic, don't you find that Marek and Kazumi go well together? They are so cute both !! It is still the first official couple in our group! "He began to say putting his two elbows on the table and laying his head on his hands and looking with a dreamy smile " It makes you want to find someone who was more than the entire world !! Don't you think so Atem? "He finished saying with a smile.
Atem swallowed his coca a little quickly and looked in utter amazement as Yugi came to the topic which had brought him to see him.
"Hum… .. Yes…. Finally I guess!! "He answered a little uneasy.
"But yes! I also would like to have the courage to say to the one I love what I feel for her for a long!! "He said with dreamy eyes.
Atem looked him a little saddened because Yugi came to say what he feared to hear. Indeed, saying the words "long" he understood that he always loved Anzu and he could therefore not to confess her his feelings too. He lowered his head and therefore didn't see that the gaze of Yugi had changed and that he smiled mischievously.
"Do you think I should also tell her?" He suddenly asked to his friend.
The latter lifted his head and looked. Although he was sad and disappointed, he decided to support his friend and help him.
"I think…. that you should tell her!! After all she may be having the same feelings as you! "He answered smiling, despite what he felt.
"Yes you're right! And I will do it so immediately! "He said. He took his cell phone and dialled a number.
Atem looked him surprised and was about to tell him something, when he heard Yugi talk to the interlocutor.
"Hello, this is Yugi!! How are you? "He began to say" I call you because I have something important to tell you!! So!! I know that we know each other for a long time and you've always been there for me and I wanted you to know that….. I love you and I would like you to become my girlfriend? "He finished saying with a smile.
Atem had his eyes widened and became livid, despite his tanned skin, as Yugi came to reveal his feelings to Anzu and Atem saw his hopes reduces to nothing. He lowered his head and felt the tears him up in his eyes. He drew all his forces not to show it to his friend.
Then he saw a mobile phone in front of his eyes and he raised his head to see that Yugi landed him his cell phone. He looked at it, then Yugi and asked with his gaze what he had to do. Yugi smiled and said:
"She is so happy she can not believe it and I'd like you to say that this is true, if you pleased? Maybe she'll believe you? "He said by pleading with his eyes.
Atem looked him without saying anything and does not react immediately. Yugi asked him to confirm by telephone his feelings for Anzu. How could he do this to him? But of course the poor Yugi did not know by doing this, he pained him. He took all his forces to pick up the phone and put on his ear, trembling slightly, to talk to the caller:
"Hum! Yes it is Atem!! Listen I know it may seem surprising but… anything that he said to you it is true…! "He finished saying with a slightly shaking voice.
He heard someone who was crying with joy on the other end of the cell phone and realized that the feelings were mutual. Inside him he felt his heart break, yet he showed nothing. He waited patiently that Anzu answered.
"It's true then!! I can not believe this !! I am so happy!! Atem Thank you to confirm it! "She answered joyfully and on the verge of tears.
Atem had his eyes widened of surprise and looked Yugi without understanding, because at the end of the phone, he recognized the voice of…….. REBECCA?!
Yugi smiled mischievously and handed his hand to take back his cell phone. Atem gave it him speechless and looked Yugi who finished his conversation with his girlfriend. He couldn't think. He had thought his world had just collapse and hope had been lost and there he came to realize that from the beginning it was with Rebecca he was talking and not Anzu. He began to feel hope to come back and felt really happy since the last ten minutes.
He saw Yugi hang on with the promise of a date in the afternoon with the girl he love. Then he gave him his best smile.
"Thank you Atem to support me and allow me to conclude with Rebecca! … But what was going on? Because you seemed ….. Sad during the call! "Said Yugi, smiling mischievously.
Atem did not reply, not yet recovered from what had happened.
"Do not tell me that you thought it was… Anzu, is not it?" He said making a wink.
Atem blushed slightly and replied spluttered slightly:
"What… no!!" He began to say" But I always thought you loved Anzu! At least that is what I saw when I was in you? "He finished saying.
Yugi smiled and closed his eyes before answering.
"Hum! It is true that I loved her!! But I realized that it was not reciprocal, you know!! I could not lie to me forever! "He began to say" I know that Anzu loves me well she has always been there for me! But she does not love me, she does not look at me as being the one to her! Whereas with Rebecca I feel that she loves me, despite my size and my character and she gives me the strength to fight!! That is why I fell in love with her too! "He finished saying, smiling warmly.
Atem looked at his former partner and agreed smiling.
"Well let's be honest you want!! I saw how you looked at Anzu!! You're in love with Anzu aren't you, Atem? "Asked Yugi the most seriously possible.
Atem looked in his eyes, surprised to hear Yugi tell this. He lowered his head a few seconds, then removed it he replied:
"Yes you're right! I love her for a long time, I just understand it!! "
Yugi smiled and looked straight in his eye.
"I knew that you loved her!! I suspected it even when you were a spirit!! But I guess with all the questions you had on you and your past, you didn't realize, did you? "Said Yugi.
Atem approved and gave him his smile.
"Yes it's true! But I knew that you loved her and I did not want in any way take her to you, after all what you did for me! "Said Atem seriously.
"I really thank you !! I appreciate!! But… you know it is more necessary now! Then you'll have to say her now you know! "Said Yugi.
"Huh!? But wait…. And then she maybe doesn't feel the same as me! "Said the pharaoh a little embarrassed and lifting his arms to stop Yugi on what he meant.
"But there's a way of knowing, and that is to say it to her!! Don't worry we will all be behind you!! We'll help you! "Said Yugi, smiling.
Atem looked speechless because he saw that his former partner was really motivated to help and that nothing would prevent him from doing so. He sighed before this evidence and dropped.
They continued to discuss a little while. Then they separated because Yugi had a date with his new girlfriend and he did not want to make her wait. Atem decided to return home. On the way he thought about everything that had happened and smiled. Because he really felt his heart break when he thought it was Anzu that Yugi declared. Then he felt the hope and joy back to him when he understood that he had been wrong.
He arrived at the door of the apartment and opened it. He was assailed by Marek who was waiting to know what had happened. Atem sighed and closed his eyes to see the attitude of his friend. He moved the sofa in the living room and closed his eyes before beginning his story. During the story, he could see the reactions of Marek and Bakura. Bakura had felt the same thing than Atem when the latter had told him the scene of the declaration with the cell phone. But Marek had smiled and then laughed when he heard that. He thanked Yugi for the small trick he had done to Atem, without being nasty, because he found it very funny.
"You see! I said that Yugi and Rebecca were closer!! Now a second couple was born, it's great!! »Said Marek with a laugh.
Atem and Bakura looked him and smiled.
Then Atem told them the proposal of Yugi and Marek approved immediately.
"Obviously we will help you!! This is an excellent idea!! Don't worry I assure you that you're going to make your declaration!! I can't wait to say it to Jono uchi!!" Screamed Marek.
Atem and Bakura looked stunned. Atem understood that Marek was determined to help him and nothing couldn't stop him. He closed his eyes a little annoyed because he feared that it becomes anything. He saw Marek go in his room, to inform Jono Uchi and Atem sighed again.
Bakura looked at him and said:
"I am sorry for you, but when he has an idea on mind, it is impossible to stop him!! But I'm happy for you and I would do anything to help you too!! "Said Bakura sympathetic.
"Hum! Thank you Bakura!! Do not worry I'm fine!" Atem said smiling.
After calling Jono uchi and told him everything, Marek returned to the living room and told that Jono uchi was overjoyed and he could count on him. Atem laughed nervously and said that at the end of the day everyone would know it.
This was obviously the case because Jono uchi had told Honda and Maï. As for Yugi he announced it to Rebecca during their date. They therefore agreed to talk about it all the next day before going to school.
At that time, Mr Haras entered the living room and approached the three boys.
"Atem, I called the school Domino for your future registration and the director has announced that entrance examinations will be the thirteen February" He began to say "Given that we still have more than one months and a half of revision I decided that we should work even on Sunday, at least until the end of the month. What do you think my boy? I know this is a hard work but if you want to be ready we have no choice! "Said Mr Haras looking straight in his eye while waiting the response of the latter.
"Hum! Do not worry Mr Haras is great like that! But what's going on with Anzu? "Asked Atem watching as well.
"Of course she will continue to work with us because if I am not mistaken, Bakura your exams are in the same period is not it?" He asked looking the young man.
"Yes it is just before the entrance exams, the eleven and twelve February, Mr Haras" Said Bakura, smiling.
"Well, since we agree, we will talk tomorrow to Miss Mazaki and we will see!" Said Mr Haras nodded his head.
Then he settled in the chair and discussed with the three young men.
The evening took place very well and they all went to bed. In his room, Atem thought and wondered how it would end. He felt that it would not be easy, especially with the help of all his friends. He sighed and decided to go to bed to start a new working day fresh and available. He went to sleep dreaming of his beloved a smile to his lips.
Hi!! So what did you think about!! And it is not finished!! Thank you for the review!!