Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Mary Sue MST ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello, it's me, Dark Magicians Gal13.

Seto: Well. God. Thanks for sharing. Now go away.

Mokuba: *whine* Niisama!

Yami: *blink* Dark Magician Gal13? But-she's such a rare card-how can this girl be the 13th one? Is this some reference to a new dueling strategy?!

Seto: *glares at Yami* Quiet, you.

This is my first fan fic, so go easy on me, please. Oh yes, and I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! Or any other related anime material. (I wish I did though, especially the Dark Magician! Tee-hee-hee!) Any reviews will be appreciated, but all flames will be used to roast Pegasus's ass.

All: …

Seto: *tentatively* Can we commit her yet? The 'Pegasus's ass' comment…is…*trails off*

Mokuba: *chirrups* SCARY!

All: …*nod*



Part-1 "School Day"

Sunshine poured into the windows at Domino High School as students filed into the building.

Seto: One word. Fragment.

Yami: *snorts* You would know. Doesn't that rather apply to your sanity?

Mokuba: *glares at Yami* Don't you talk about my big brother like that!

Mai: *yawns* Pipe down, guys. I'm trying to retain brain cells, here, not lose them faster.

Most students where chatting with each other while some were keeping their heads down and trying to make it to homeroom on time. For nearly all of the students this would be a normal day except for one girl. This girl's name was Hotaru Shidou and she was a new student. Nearing her first classes with tension, she tried to cheer herself up. Possibly she would see Serena, her friend. Hotaru made it through her first four classes perfectly fine. Now it was lunch.

Jounouchi: *whimpers and clings to Mai* Oh God. Oh God. There is no God. Mai! Mud wrestling in a thong is the only way to solve this!

Mai: *glares at him* Yeah, sure, Jounouchi, fly at it.

Yami: *looks closer at the paragraph* Hotaru Shidou? Isn't that freakishly akin to 'Hikaru Shidou', one of the Knights of Rayearth?"

Mokuba: *nods, feud forgotten* Yeah, I have that manga!

Seto: *throws hands up* Originality is dead.



Hotaru walked into the crowded and extremely loud room. Just then she heard a familiar voice call out her name.

Jounouchi: *nods sagely* Yes, it was the men in the white suits, coming to take her away.

Seto: *glares* Quiet, dog.

Jou: *glares back* What, mad you couldn't think of something like that first?

Seto: *glares back* Shut up before I shut you up!



"Hotaru! Hotaru, come sit over here!"

It was Serena, her friend. Relieved that she would finally see someone she knew, Hotaru walked over.

Seto: …and promptly fell into the pit in the middle of the floor.

Jounouchi: *as Hotaru* Hey! When did this get here? Is it…could it be…the dreaded Plot Hole?

Mokuba: *clings to Seto*

Mai: *rifles through her deck* Geeze, you'd think she'd be more descriptive than that. *snorts delicately* I mean, come on, hun.

Yami: *nod* I concur.



"Hey, what's up? At least your in my lunch period," sighed Hotaru.

Seto: *grits teeth* Oh God. 'You're'. Dictionaries, buy 'em, use 'em, love 'em.

Jounouchi: *snickers at Seto* Hahah! You're getting a migraine! I can TELL! *loudly* KAIBA'S GETTING A MIGRAINE!

Mai: *stuffs fingers in ears* Jounouchi! Be quiet now or you'll never see me naked!

Jou: *promptly shuts up*



Serena replied, "I knew you would be clueless as to know where I sit, so I helped ya out abit."

Yami: *blinks* Hey, that rhymes. Sit, a bit.

Seto: *flatly* I fail to see the humor

Mai: *shrugs* From what I've read, this girl is beyond clueless. Try 'Ditzy'.

Mokuba: *still clinging to Seto*


"Ha ha ha. Very funny," Hotaru blankly stated. "I hope afternoon classes go as good as the mornings."

Seto: *smirking* 'Blankly stated.' So that's why she's so stupid. She's a vegetable.

Mokuba: *makes a face* Niisama! I don't like vegetables!

Seto: *absently pats Mokuba's head* I know, kiddo, I know. I'll get rid of it.

Mokuba: *happy* Yay ^_^



"Don't panic. You'll be okay and I think you're in all of my other classes, so that'll be great," Serena reassured her.

Yami: *flatly* Because, of course, you are always in all the classes of the only person you know on the first day of school.

Jounouchi: *nods* Yup. Of course. That's how these things work, Yug'

Mai: *yawns* 'These things', Jounouchi?

Jounouchi: *quizzical look* Mary Sues, Mai. You should know, you're damn near one of 'em.

Mai: *mortified* No! I have flaws! I'm greedy and semi-slutty and-I like money and cars and boys and-I lost to Yugi! And I don't have the 'eighth millennium item'! And-and--*hyperventilates*

Jounouchi: *snickers* Poor Mai. She always gets this way when I say that.

Yami: *raises an eyebrow*


"Alright, let's eat. I'm starving!" cried Hotaru.

Afternoon classes finally begin. Hotaru is trying her hardest to make it on time, but she ends up late. Right now, she has her face planted into her schedule and isn't looking where she's going.

Seto: *growls* Uh, Hello, Thou With No Brain? You just changed tense. First it was past, now it's…not. And it's 'All right', not 'alright'.

Yami: *looking vaguely bored* Duel, Kaiba?

Seto: *glares* No.



"History, history, history. Classroom 32A. Oh where in this school can it be!" Just then Yugi Moto comes her way and slams straight into her.

"Ahhhh! Oh, I am so sorry! I'm clueless as to where I'm heading," Hotaru said, embarrassed she ran into this midget boy.

Yami: *indignant* My partner is NOT a midget! He's just SHORT for his age! And it's Mutou, you ignorant little-

Mokuba: *covers ears*

Mai: *rolls eyes* PG-13, Yugi-dear

Jounouchi: *grins*



"It's okay," Yugi said. "What's your name? You're new in the school, aren't you?"

"Yeah, I am." Hotaru sighed "My name's Hotaru Shidou and I'm looking for History Classroom 32A."

Yugi states, "My name's Yugi Moto and I'm running to History Classroom 32A."

Seto: *pets a Blue Eyes White Dragon card* Past, past, present. Bad. It's like, Scrooge, only…not. Y'know, the ghosts of the past, present, future-*receives blank stares* Oh forget it.

Mokuba: *clings to Seto* Make it stop, Niisama! Please!

Jounouchi: *shakes head* Gah, you'd think they slept together.

Seto: *calmly* We do.

Jounouchi: *disgusted face* YUCK!

Seto: *smirks* Worth it, just for the expression.

Mai: *edges away*

"Great! Then you can show me the way!"

"Sure, if you want."

"Hey, would you like to be friends? You'll be my second friend today."

"Why not?" Yugi replied. "Come on, let's go!"

Yami: *misty eyes* That's my little partner. Always willing to make friends…*proceeds to strangle Yugi for it* We. Do. Not. Make. Friends. With. Random. Mary. Sues!

Yugi: *eeps and hides in his soul room*


They run down to the other side of the school where Yugi states that Classroom 32A is. ("Damn!" yells Hotaru.) Both of them walk in. Hotaru saves Yugi from getting a detention for being so late to class. The class is a little rowdy and wants to know about the strange, new girl that has just popped in. "Quiet down, quiet down, class!" the teacher yells. "I want you to meet your new classmate. She'll introduce herself." Hotaru quietly walked to center of the front in the classroom.

Mai: *looks up idly* And since when would any teacher give those baby-blues a detention?

Jounouchi: *gives her an odd look* Mai, Yugi's eyes are purple

Mai: *shrugs* Blue sounded better. And, seriously. Who in their right mind could give someone THAT adorable a detention? I mean, money is EVERYTHING to me, and I couldn't even defeat him in a duel to win the three million bucks!

Jounouchi: *smirks*



"My name's Hotaru. Hotaru Shidou."

Seto: *sighs* I would like to take this opportunity to point out that every Mary Sue in history says her first name twice. It's called 'Bond Syndrome'. It's like, 'Hello, I'm Bond. James Bond.' *raises eyebrow suggestively in a fairly good imitation of a random Bond*

Mai: *smiles at Seto* You do a good Bond, Rich-Boy. You as good at his other talents, too?

Seto: *glares at Mai*

Mokuba: *moves closer to his brother instinctively*


The class looked up at this announcement. Hotaru looked pretty unique. She was very thin and had long blonde hair, about down to her hips, tied back with a blue ribbon. Her pale blue eyes made her look very cute. She was fairly tall and wore a big pendant around her neck. The teacher broke the deafening silence following the statement.

Mai: *dryly* And of course, every tall, thin blonde with pretty blue eyes looks unique. Because, of course, there aren't a billion of them out there. No, of course not.

Jounouchi: *pokes at Mai* YOU are one of those tall, thin blondes with pretty eyes, Mai.

Mai: *glares* My eyes are violet, thank-you-very-much

Seto: *shrugs and pets another Blue Eyes card* And of course, all silence is deafening.

Mokuba: *nods*



"We had better find you an empty desk. Ahh! How about the center row, third seat back?"
"Okay," Hotaru said. She walked back to her seat. She smiled at the boy seated behind her. He gave her a small smile in return. The teacher later decided to give the class a break. Hotaru got up and went over to talk to Serena.

"Serena, could you tell me all of the names of my classmates?" Hotaru asked.

She answered, "Sure." And started naming all of the girls.

"That's Matori and her gang of girls over there. You better watch out for them, they're total bitches."

"Don't worry, I will. Now, name all of the guys for me." So Serena started to name all of the guys.

That's Joey and Tristan. They're a bunch of idiots and the class clowns."

Jounouchi: *glares* I SO object! I am NOT an idiot!

Mai: *polishes fingernails* Wanna bet on it?

Seto: *smirks* Finally, the first honest statement in this fic. How's it feel, dog? Too bad it's negated by the 'fact' that 'I' smiled. Gah.

Jounouchi: *glowers* Why you---*pounces on Seto*



"What's the name of the boy who sits behind me?" Hotaru questioned.

"Him?!" Serena gaped. "His name is Seto Kaiba."

"I'm sure I've heard that name before," Hotaru said.

Serena continued. "His father owns KaibaCorp and -."

"That's where I've heard it! KaibaCorp! They sell computers, don't they?"

"Yeah, they do," Serena replied. "He's very talented with computers and probably the smartest in this class!"

Seto: *blinks in amazement and gets up from his scrap with Jou, the latter of which is now sporting a black eye* Wow. The second truthful thing. But, I'm not just the smartest in the class. I happen to know more than anyone in this school, teachers included. And my 'father' doesn't own KaibaCorp, my 'father' is dead.

Mokuba: *eyes fill with tears* Seto, make it stop…

Mai: *makes a 'fftt' noise* Smartass.



"Well, that's a shocker!" exclaimed Hotaru. Just then the teacher called off the break and they all returned to work.

After 2 weeks, Hotaru finally gets the hang of school. She finds her classes with ease and has even made some new friends. But, she was rudely awakened one last period.

Yami: *gapes* Oh dear God. What a wonderful transition line. 'After 2 weeks.' The originality, it astounds me! Why, Shakespeare must have written this divine masterpiece!

Jounouchi: *sarcastic* Why, Yugi, that almost sounds sincere. You aren't going insane, are you?

Yami: *smug look* I survived five thousand years locked inside a puzzle WITH no memory. I'm pretty sure I can survive one little fic.

Seto: *glares at him* I should have crushed you when I had the chance-



"Hotaru, don't make any plans tonight because I hooked you up on a blind date," Serena informed her. Hotaru thought she was dying. How could Serena hook her up on a date?

Seto: …Hotaru thought she was dying, because, oh my God, she was! The cancerous tumor that had taken up residence in her brain (As there is nothing else there to impede its growth) is slowly but surely working its way to her 'Millennium Pendant', where it will then proceed to consume her in a fiery ball of guts and blood and shattered bones that will definitely mark the end of the world as we know it, because of course, without Hotaru and her marvelous powers, the world will end in a cataclysm worthy of the hand of Sekhmet…

Mai: *blinks* Wow, macabre much, Kaiba?


"What!!!??? How could you!? I don't even know the boys in my class very well, let alone some other guy!"

"Don't stress! You know this guy and plus you need to get out more. All you do in your spare time is play or listen to music and read. You need to be surprised or else you'll back out!"

"Don't stress, DON'T STRESS!! Oh godamnit! Why me? Alright, I'll go as long as it's not Joey or Tristan."

Seto: *blinks* Oh God. The randomness is killing me. That sounds like a horrible case of 'Oh my God, she's got me a boy who won't run away from my Mary Sueness! I better pretend I don't want to go, but secretly, I'd kill for a chance to go out with a guy! *pauses and then adds* Providing that guy isn't Jounouchi or Honda.'

Jounouchi: *indignant* What the hell is wrong with me!? I can angst as well as Kaiba, any day! And I'm prettier, too *struts*

Mai: *stands suddenly and throws her arms around him* Damn rights!

Seto: *curls a lip in disgust* Dogs. All of them.

Yami: *points at Kaiba* Mind CRUSH!

Seto: *blinks stupidly and sits on the floor, petting a Blue Eyes and his brother simultaneously*


"What, them? Hell, no!" cried Serena. "Look, I'll give you a hint about him. He's pretty tall."

"Oh that narrows it down well," Hotaru sighed. Nearly all of the boys in her class were tall. "Well, then Cupid, where do I meet this guy?"

Seto: *recovered fully and says flatly* Hell. You'll meet him in Hell, which is where you are going when you die. Or rather, when I kill you.



*Stay Tuned for Part- 2 "The Big Date"*

So, whatcha think about it? Yes, I'm not the best writer in the world, but I'm open to any suggestions. But remember any and all flames will be used to roast Pegasus's ass, one way or another.
Dark Magicians Gal13

Mai: *another 'fftt' noise* Damn rights you're not the best writer in the world. You're like…the pond scum where the Big, Real, Writer-Fish congregate. And they eat you. And you are digested, turned into feces, and then excreted in an ungodly mass of-

Jounouchi: *holds up hands* Dear God woman! Cut it OUT! I just ate!

Mai: *rolls eyes* Jounouchi, you have always just eaten!

Jounouchi: *hurt look* I'm a growing boy, damnit. I need my nutrients.

Seto: *mock amazement* The Dog knows what nutrients are! Kill me, quick, before Anzu stops preaching about friendship and takes up a bazooka!


Hello, I return to update due to some reviews. Yay, I got some reviews! I can't believe it!

Yami: *flatly* Neither can we.

Mokuba: *cowers* You mean THIS actually got reviews? People think it isn't a waste of cyber-space? How COULD they? Where has all the intelligence GONE?

Seto: *smugly* There was none to be had, after God gave it all to me.

Mokuba: *thoughtfully* Good point, Niisama…

Jounouchi: *scowls and flips the bird at the Kaiba siblings*

(Thank you to those who did review, I really liked it!) Oh yes, I "borrowed" some ideas, therefore, I will give all of the credit to DarkDragon. Anyway, I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! Or any other related anime material. Some very intelligent people in Japan own it. But, I do own Hotaru Shidou and the Millenium Lunar Crescent, the pendent she always wears around her neck. Any reviews are appreciated; they really help me out. And, of course, all flames will be used to roast Pegasus's ass. Now, enough of my chatter, on to the chapter!

Seto: *cringes* No matter how many times I hear the 'ass' comment, it still sends the shivers down my spine.

Jounouchi: *piques* That the only place it goes?

Seto: *flatly* Do you want me to use you to discover new ways to exploit computer equipment?

Jounouchi: *scoff* Hah. Like you'd ever destroy a computer just to bust my gorgeous face.

Seto: *makes a steeple of his fingers* You sure about that?

Jounouchi: O.O; *hides behind Mai*

Yami: *blinks* And in the meantime. What the hell is with the 'Millennium' (which the girl spelt wrong) Lunar Crescent? Doesn't that…like, belong to Sailor Moon?

Mokuba: *pipes up* I have that manga, too!





Part- 2 "The Big Date"
(All of the credit for storyline given to DarkDragon. Thanks a bunch!)

Hotaru Shidou quietly sat down in a chair at the diner. She was on a blind date with someone. Her friend, Serena, had done the setting up part. Hotaru checked her watch. 8:05. Perfect, her date was five minutes late!

Seto: *glowers* This, we know. You told us in the previous chapter. And how random is that paragraph? Blind date, friend, time, late date.

Yami: *snickers* That rhymes!

Seto: *glare* And, even if my clone had the misfortune of being on a blind date with this…thing, he would never be late. *nods sagely* I arrive precisely when I mean to.

Mai: *mutters* Sure, Gandalf.



Finally, a tall figure loomed in the lights. Hotaru guessed it must be him. Serena did say he was tall. When he approached and his facial features came clear, Hotaru almost collapsed. The boy was Seto Kaiba! He was in her class and as a matter of fact, she sat right in front of him. He couldn't possibly be her date, could he?

Seto: *drops dead*

Mai: *prods at him with her toe* Oh God. She killed Kaiba.

Mokuba: *eyes fill with tears* NIISAMA!

Yami: *nudges Mokuba* Look on the bright side, kiddo, you inherit everything!

Mokuba: *blink* Really? Cool!

Seto's Ghost: *glares at Yami*



Well, it sure seemed he was. As Seto's eyes fixed on her, he began to casually walk over. Hotaru started to get nervous.

"Hello," he said.

Jounouchi: *drops equally dead*

Mai: *eyes widen* Oh God! It's an epidemic! Thank God I've had my booster shots for this year.

Yami: *cringes away* Kaiba is an insufferable ass. When did he ever get this nice?

Seto's Ghost: *glares at Yami* I'm NOT this nice. Why in the hell do you think I'm dead?!


"Hi," she said. Perhaps this won't be too bad. Or maybe she'll make such a fool out of herself that she'll have to move again. Oh well! At least she could truthfully say she went out with Seto Kaiba.

Mokuba: *eyes re-fill with tears* NII~SAMA!

Seto's Ghost: *pats him on the head* I know, little brother, I know. I'm going to haunt this girl for the rest of her life. And sometime into her next one. And the one after that. In fact, I'm going to chase down every incarnate she is ever going to have, skin it while it's still alive, and then, with the musculature and tendons still dripping freshly shed blood, I am going to start hacking off pieces of the soon-to-be-corpse and force-feeding them to it.

Mai: *fans self* There are LADIES present!

Jounouchi: *revives himself to hug Mai* Chill, babe, he's dead.

Seto's Ghost: *blinks* Wow, you can come back to life? I never knew that…


He noticed she was a bit tense, so he spoke up.

"You weren't expecting me, were you?"

All: …NO!

Newly Revived Seto: *glowers* Since when am I this polite? Since when do I need to ask questions? Since when do people not fall to their knees before me and say 'Hail!' Since when do I go on dates? Since when do I go on BLIND dates?

Mokuba: *clings to Newly Revived Seto* Niisama!

Yami: *cringe* This is NOT Seto Kaiba. This is-like-…'Hi-I'm-on-Crack!Seto'

Seto: *nods at Yami* For once, I agree with the puny Pharaoh.

Yami: *growls* We will settle this with a duel, Kaiba!

Seto: *snorts* Not likely.


"No," Hotaru replied. That was quick. He didn't beat around the bush, did he? "I thought I was going to get hooked up with an idiot like Joey Wheeler."

Seto laughed. "Nope, just me and what do you mean "hooked up"?"

Seto: *ponders this statement* In saying 'hooked up,' she obviously means to some new, obscure drug that she has force-fed my clone. Because, needless to say, this is not the Me the fangirls know and love. This is the Me that the fangirls want Me to be. This is the Me that should be put through a blender and then flushed down a toilet.

Mai: *snickers* Well, you are certainly one for eloquence.

Jounouchi: *hugs Mai tighter* Don't you go getting any ideas…



"My friend hooked me up on a blind date. I'm guessing it was you. But, why do you ask?"

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a note. "You left this cute note in my locker, that's why." (Cute little anime music here!)

All: *drops dead*

Seto's Ghost: *small voice* Make it stop-

Jounouchi's Ghost: *dies again*

Mai's Ghost: *whimpers* Kaiba…never…says…'cute'…unless he's mocking someone…

Yami: *frowns as he realizes he can't die* Damnit! I forgot! I'm immortal! Oh damn it all to High Punt!

All: *blinks and looks at Yami* Punt?

Yami: Eheh…cultural joke…



Hotaru's eyes widened. "What?! I never! Oh, Serena, when I go to school tomorrow, you're going to get a big surprise!"

Kaiba gave her a weird glance. "Serena?" Hotaru nodded simply. He changed the subject. "Perhaps you would prefer a better place to meet? How bout we go and get pizza?"

"Sure." Hotaru nodded with agreement. They headed down towards the pizza parlor. The tone here was more cheerful.

Revived Seto: And of course, Hotaru keeps a pizza parlor in her back pocket. Or, rather, in her brain, where there is assuredly more room.

Revived Jounouchi: *nods in agreement* And of course, as they were just at a Diner, it was obviously much easier to get up and go to a Pizza Parlor.

Revived Mai: *helpfully* Of course! What other way would she get Kaiba to get down her pants?

Yami: *chokes*

Seto: *blinks* I said brain-oh, never mind…



"Have you ever been here before?" Seto inquired.

Hotaru nodded and said, "Only once with Serena and Tea. Why, have you?"

"Yeah, but I don't come much."

"What do you want? Don't worry, I'll pay," Hotaru stated.

Seto: *blinks* Since when have I ever said this much in one sitting that isn't either a death threat, a harried "MOKUBA!", or an insult?

Jounouchi: *flatly* Since never, that's when.

Seto: *glares* Shut UP, dog…*pauses* Oh, and since when would I go to a pizza parlor? If I wanted pizza, I would buy the store, fire all the employees, and make it myself.

Mai: *dryly* Because if he didn't, someone would poison it just to rid the world of one more egotistical bastard-

Seto: *glares*

Mai: *innocently files nails*



Seto shook his head and said, "Nuh-uh, I'm paying, I'm the guy."

Seto: *dies*

All: *in bored-sounding chorus* And why are we NOT surprised by this?

Seto's Third Ghost: *whines pitifully and chants* This is not me, this is not me, this is not me, this is not me, this is NOT me…



Hotaru smirked. "I'm buying or else when you get that pizza, I'm going to make it a permanent fixture on your face."

He matched her smirk with a simple glance. "You're tough. What a waste of good pizza."

Mokuba: *innocently* And why does throwing a pizza in Niisama's face make her tough? Wouldn't that make her DEAD?"

Seto: *brushes himself off and mutters something about 'Damn dying is messy,'* Of course, Mokuba. Anyone throws a pizza at me had better be trying to commit Hari-Kari, because I can and WILL kill them with my bare hands.

Jounouchi: *crosses this off bottom of 'to-do' list and adds it again near the top*



Hotaru giggled a bit. "Why are we arguing over this? Let's just pay for each other's pizza. Fair?"

"Fair."

Seto: *nods amiably* Fair in the sense that, in exchange for paying for your pizza, I will get to cram it down your throat, break through into your larynx, and effectively end your pathetic excuse for a life.

Mokuba: *cheers*

Mai: *head in hands*

Yami: *shakes head* I'll Mind Crush them all-



After eating and exchanging phone numbers and stuff, they left. Hotaru just realized that she liked Seto. He just realized that he liked her. But, he couldn't reveal this to her. Still, they decided to go to a movie, Reign of Fire. As they waited for the movie to start, their conversation turned to their families.

Jounouchi: *grins* I especially like the 'Phone numbers and STUFF'. My, my, what an imaaaagination. *dripping sarcasm*

Seto: *glares at Jounouchi* For once, mutt, I'm liable to agree with you. You're almost making sense.

Jounouchi: *sticks out tongue*

Seto: *ignores this* And by the way, the only Reign of Fire you're going to be seeing is what I'm going to burn you in. I imagine, maybe some gasoline to negate the Mary Sue special fireproof effect, maybe some hairspray…you'll be a right little fireball when I'm done with you.

Mai: *makes a note* 'Take Kaiba to psychiatrist,'

"I live my little brother, Mokuba and my adopted father, Gozaburo. I like Mokuba all right, but Gozaburo…"

Seto: *clenches fists but refuses to drop dead again* "I like Mokuba all RIGHT"??!?!?!? *fumes hysterically* ALL RIGHT?! ALL-FUCKING-RIGHT?!? SINCE WHEN?! WHY DID THIS HAPPEN AND NO ONE TOLD ME?!?!?

Mokuba: *pats Seto's arm* Niisama…calm-

Seto: *FUMES* I will NOT calm down! This is a GROSS miscarriage of---of-SOMETHING that SHOULD BE DESTROYED! *breaks down and picks Mokuba up* I am SO sorry you had to see that, kiddo. This evil lady will burn in hell for that statement. I still love you.

Jounouchi: *grinning like a maniac* Oooooh, blackmail! Kaiba! Mokuba doesn't love you!

Seto: *twitches, convulses, and falls over*

Mai: *looks at Jounouchi* You are just plain evil. *sidles up to him* I like that in a man…

"Yeah?"

"He's just not right. He's plain wrong. With old age, he's gotten paranoid. The only reason he adopted me was because I beat him at chess when I was eight. He doesn't like me, you can tell, he only wants me to run his stupid company when I get older. And he completely ignores Mokuba, which really pisses me off. Sometimes I feel like I wanna sock him in the face."

Seto: *picks himself up and says flatly* I wasn't eight, I was ten. I would never tell anyone this fact, ESPECIALLY a Mary Sue, and not only did I 'sock' him in the face (Mind, I would never use that language), I pushed him out a window. *twisted grin*



"Well, don't we all?" Hotaru sympathized. "And I thought I had it tough,"

Yami: *blinks* I never wanted to hit my father in the face…

Jounouchi: *sighs* But that's because you had to inherit a kingdom. You kinda had to be nice to him, Yug'

Yami: *shrug* No, seriously. I never wanted to hit my father.

Mai: *still filing nails*



Kaiba looked at her. "Tell me about your house."

Hotaru's head went down slightly. It was hard to talk about her family. Finally she spoke.

"I live at the West Side Story Orphanage. My family members are dead."

All: *awed silence* Well gee, we never saw THAT coming!

Jounouchi: *imitating Hotaru* And when my parents were alive, my father beat me. Or was it my uncle, once removed? Or was it my grandfather? *ditzy sigh* Well, whatever. I was abused and have a past worse than your own! Hah! Take THAT! *football victory dance*

Mai: *cringe*

Mokuba: *clings to Seto*



Seto seemed a bit shocked at this. She showed no signs of weakness or sadness. She always seemed happy and cheerful. He put his hand on her shoulder and said, "I'm sorry for asking you."

Seto: *flatly* No. Never. Not in a hundred thousand years. If I were going to put my hand on your shoulder, my ultimate goal would be to break your neck.

Mokuba: *grins*

Yami: *bored* Duel, anyone?



Hotaru looked up and smiled. "Don't worry, it's not your fault. I mean, you couldn't of known. Anyway, the orphanage isn't so bad. Most of the kids are nice. I used to live there before I moved away."

He stared at her. "Well at least I have a little brother. Damn, we have it bad."

Seto: *growl* Correction. I have it bad. For having to listen to this. I mean, bad enough you're doing this to my lobotomized clone, but what if you actually got your hands on the REAL me?

Mokuba: *cringe* Don't even think about it, Niisama

Seto: *pats his head absently* Don't worry, Mokuba



Hotaru looked at him with a scrutinizing expression. "Tut, tut, there are children present, so let's watch the language, k?"

Seto glanced behind him and saw lines of children dotting the seats. He scowled. "I'll think about. Anyway, what are they doing in this movie? It's supposed to be PG-13."

Seto: *whine* Since when would I go to a movie? Since when would I go to a movie without Mokuba? Since when would I not buy the theater, fire everyone, and run it myself?

Mai: *blinks* Redundant, much, Seto?

Mokuba: *scowls at her*



Hotaru, who was also puzzled, peered at the screen and cursed loudly, (Oh Shit!) causing kids to stare at her in delight and parents to glare at her. "We're in the wrong theater! This is the Country Bears!"

Jounouchi: *waves hand around pompously* Because, of course, all little kids have never heard the word 'shit' before.

Yami: *slaps hand over Jounouchi's mouth* Quiet!

Jounouchi: *muffled voice* What?

Yami: *glares* Yugi doesn't swear. Don't get him started!

Mai: *rolls eyes*


Seto moaned. "We have to watch stupid bears for two hours?! Nuh-uh, no way, let's get out of here."

Hotaru practically shoved Seto off his seat in haste to get out. "C'mon, hurry up before these pieces of crap brainwash us and destroy us!"

Seto: *blinks* This sounds to me like a horrible attempt at 'adorable date awkwardness' to me. And it's not working. Badness. Why hasn't my clone killed this evil girl yet?

Mai: *dies* He used the word 'adorable'! The world's gonna end!



"You have a creative little imagination, don't you?" Seto asked playfully as they rushed out the doors.

Hotaru flashed a sparkling grin. "When you pass Language Arts with flying colors and piss your teacher off because of it, what can ya say?"

Jounouchi: *flatly* Nothing. Don't say anything. Just go away. Preferably with a rocket shoved up your ass. And MOST preferably one that will put you into orbit.

Mai: *points with a shaking hand at the 'Seto asked playfully' and promptly passes out*



Seto offered to walk Hotaru home later. Hotaru agreed (of course!) energetically, but they both overlooked one small problem.

"Um, Seto. Where are we?" Hotaru asked as they passed another corner.

"Oh great, I don't think I know where the orphanage is!"

Seto: *dies* WHY IS SHE CALLING ME BY MY FIRST NAME?!??! NO ONE USES MY FIRST NAME EXCEPT MOKUBA! Not even that namby-pamby Pegasus uses 'Seto'. Seto is NOT the name people use to address me unless there's a '-sama' attached to the end of it!

Jounouchi: *snort*

Seto: *continues* And since when would I 'not know' something?! Since when?! I know EVERYTHING about this city, the people in it, rival duelists, dueling strategies, etc. I know EVERYTHING. And where the HELL is my chauffer? And my .45 stainless steel detonics pistols? I wanna blow this girl's head off!

Jounouchi/Yami: *snorts again*


"Wow, what a prediction! Don't take that the wrong way."

Mai: *sighs* Oh God. For the record, hun, it's 'predicament'. Prediction means 'To see the future,'.

Jounouchi: *snicker* Can you spell 'dumbass'?

Yami: *glares at Jounouchi* Stop corrupting my little partner.


Seto smiled. "Oh, I won't. Hey, now we're at the park. Do you know your way home from here?"

Seto: *as himself* Hey, now we're at the gates of hell. Shall I escort you through, Milady?

Jounouchi: *as Seto* And then slam the doors shut as soon as I trick you into walking across the threshold.

Mai: *as Seto* And then cackle hysterically as I run back to the land of the living. I can't die, after all, I am Satan.

Yami: *blinks* Hey, Satan, Seto, that almost works!


"Yeah," Hotaru said. "I can home myself, thanks though, oh my gosh, it's 11:25 and a school night! I'm so dead. Sasami's going to flip!"

Seto grinned again. "Then I'll explain it to Sasami, ok? Just show me the way."

"Oh, you don't have to"

Suddenly he slipped an arm around her waist. "Come on" he persuaded, pulling her close.

WOW! Hotaru's eyes widened. Was she dreaming or did he just pull her close to him? She could get used to this straightforward side of him. (Tee-hee-hee!) But, first she wanted to play hard to get, so she pointed at his chest.

Seto: *growl* The only reason my clone would have pulled her close would have been to crush her in my powerful grip. Or maybe to choke her with her 'hip long hair'. Or maybe to pull my flamethrower out of hammer space and set her on fire.

Jounouchi: *grinning* Hotaru Flambé

Seto: Touché



"Are you coming on to me?"

He winked. "If that's what you want."

Seto: *is sobbing hysterically in a corner*

Mokuba: *is doing the same*

Mai: *eats popcorn* This is amusing

Yami: *nods* I concur.


She gave him a slight clunk on the head and pulled away. "Maybe, but not now. I have two tests tomorrow and if I fail, it'll bring my grade down a lot. You had to admit, this date was one good example of first impressions."

"Oh yeah."

She smiled shyly. "Call me."

He nodded. "You bet. See you at school tomorrow, I guess."

Seto: *still sobbing*

Yami: *shakes head and sighs* Ladies and gentlemen, the ultimate in OOCness. Observe, Seto Kaiba actually being relatively nice. *pause* And his head must be hollow, for he 'clunks'.

Seto: *looks up* I haven't insulted anyone the whole fic! I haven't fired anyone! I haven't pushed anyone out a window! God help me! I'm MELTING!

Mokuba: *trying to placate him* It's a clone, Seto, just a clone

Seto: *clings to Mokuba*

"Yeah."

They stared at each other for a bit longer and then turned away and headed their separate ways home.

Seto: *fully recovered* Yes. I was staring at her because I was debating which method of execution would leave less of a mess on my carpets. Decapitation or evisceration.

Mai: *eyes widen* You are ONE messed up SOB, Kaiba.

Seto: *bows*


As Seto walked in the huge doors of his mansion, Mokuba instantly sprang out. They tumbled around on the couch until Seto pushed him down and pinned his to his side so that he was now on top of his little brother. Mokuba's soft eyes stared up at him in wonder and curiosity, weakening him a bit (but only a bit!). Mercilessly, he bore his fingers down, tickling him to his doom.

"Ahh-ah-ah, stop, no Seto, n-no, ahahahaha!!"

"No! You're still awake and now you have to pay! Now, what's my name?" he growled in a mock tone, tickling even faster. (I can so imagine this!)

Mokuba: *blinks* Seto-sama-

Seto: *shakes head* Don't even give her the satisfaction of a comment, kiddo.



"Ahahahahaha! Un-uncle! Uncle!" Mokuba only squirmed and squealed more as tears started to form in the corners of eyes from laughing so hard.

"Wrong!" Seto eased up a bit, then bore down again. "Now, for the last, what's my name?"

"SETO KAIBA!" boomed a familiar voice.

"Damn," Seto muttered under his breath as instantly halted his torture. Mokuba looked slightly disappointed, like he wanted to be tickled to death for the rest of his life. (That made positively no sense, did it?)

Mai: *shakes head* No, no it didn't.

Yami: *nods* I concur.


Seto looked up at Gozaburo's face. It was a long way up.

"Hello, honored father," he said haltingly, as if he really didn't think Gozaburo was honored. He clambered off of his brother and bowed shortly. Mokuba landed next to him and copied. He did anything Seto did.

Seto: *shriek* AH! THE BASTARD FROM HELL! *hunts around for a weapon of mass destruction*

Mokuba: *hides behind him*

Jounouchi: *snickers*


Gozaburo glared at them for a while, Mokuba, still squirming, Seto matching his glare with one of his own defiant ones.

"Mokuba, go to bed," Gozaburo ordered. Mokuba nearly flew out of there. "Seto," he said, starting to pace. "Where were you?"

Seto scowled behind his back. "I was on a date." He instantly fixed his face back to expressionless as Gozaburo turned to look at him.

He glowered darkly at his son. "A date?" he asked dangerously, as if it were a crime. "With whom, may I ask?"

Seto: *sighs* With the devil. I've sold my soul, I'm afraid.

Mokuba: *gasp* Don't talk like that, Niisama!



Seto stared at him rebelliously. "Hotaru Shidou. She's new around here and there isn't anything you can do to stop me from seeing her." Long time experience had taught him Gozaburo would do anything to set him apart from everyone else.

Seto: *blinks* No comment.

Yami: She's obviously trying to angst you even more than normal, Kaiba.

Jounouchi: *nods and imitates Yami* I concur.

Yami: *glares*



Gozaburo smiled deviously. "Well, you'd be surprised at what I can do. Now go to bed and we'll talk tomorrow after school about this." When Seto didn't budge, he bellowed, "GO!". Seto wheeled around and walked deliberately calm to the stairs. Just then, before he started to go up, he fixed his adopted father with a hard, sapphire glare that would one day become famous.

Seto: *echoes* 'One day'? What the hell? It's famous already. I'm famous already.

Mokuba: *whimpering* Make the bad man go away, Niisama

Seto: *pats his head* It's just a story, Mokuba. He's dead, remember?



"Oh, one day, everything you do to me and Mokuba will send you to hell and you'll regret it all. But by then, it will be too late. Far too late." He snarled softly, and then dashed up the stairs.

Mai: *sighs* Oh the humanity. How much can you angst one little boy?

Seto: *tritely* I will have you know that the majority of this did take place. But without the melodrama, and when I was a great deal younger.


Hotaru managed to sneak back into the orphanage without a problem. The officials knew she was out on a date and all of the kids had gone to bed, except a few teenagers staying up late. On her way up to her room, she popped into her friend, Tsungari's room. (He's younger than she is and she kinda-of takes care of him like a little brother.) He knew she was in there and asked for a hug. She gave him one. Then she asked, "Do you know Mokuba Kaiba?"

Tsungari nodded sleepily. "He's my friend. But where were you? I waited for you all night before Sasami sent me to bed."

Mokuba: *loftily* I would never be friends with an orphan.

Mai: *blinks* You are an orphan.

Mokuba: *shrugs* I am better than them. Seto says so.

Yami: *snickers* Alliteration!



"Well, I know his big brother. Oh yeah, I was out a bit. On a date. Good night, kid-o."

He scowled groggily. "You must have been on a date with Seto, his big bro, huh? Haha! Hotaru's got a boyfriend! You two probably would look good together."

Hotaru blushed. "Alright, you little skid mark. You need to go to bed now before you wake everyone up. Good night!"

"Good night, Hotaru." And with that, he collapsed onto the pillow and fell asleep again.

Hotaru left quietly and walked up to her room on the next floor. As she approached, she met up with Sasami.

"So Hotaru, how was your date? It was Seto Kaiba, wasn't it?" she asked.

Shocked, Hotaru said, "You knew? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Well, I helped out Serena a bit. Plus, I thought he was a good match for you."

"Oh, I give up!" Hotaru cried. "This is my life, one hellhole!" Just then, she shattered the vase on the other side of the hallway.

Jounouchi: She's right about the hellhole at least. Because not only is her LIFE a hellhole, she is the hellhole.


"I'll forget you broke that vase, if you to go bed now," Sasami said, becoming scared. She started to remember a moment before when something like that happened.

FLASHBACK

Everything was shattering. Lights, glasses, books were flying and things were hurling themselves everywhere. Hotaru was in the midst of it all, just standing there, with her eyes wide and flashing.

"Stop it, Hotaru! Stop it, now!" Sasami cried out. She was shaking Hotaru and trying to get her to stop.

She just smiled. "I don't want to."

"You must, please! I beg you, Hotaru! You'll hurt people!" Sasami begged.

Then Hotaru frowned. The eight-year-old just stood there shocked that an adult was begging her. This had never happened before. "As long as that mean, rude pair goes away. I'm not going to be adopted! Never! NEVER!" More things began to break and the building began to rumble.

"Okay! I'll make them go away, just stop now!"

"Alright." Everything fell and the wind had stop that had been blowing.

Jounouchi: *cringe* Mary Sue trait number 298592, Magical Power complex.

Mai: *nods enthusiastically* And I don't have magic powers, either!

Jounouchi: *incredulously* You tried to claim you were psychic!

Mai: *sheepish smile* It was the perfume, damnit; you KNEW it was the perfume!

Jounouchi: *grins*


PRESENT TIME

"Deal," Hotaru said. Sasami was glad. Then she wouldn't have to relive that horrible moment. She knew Hotaru had extraordinary powers and that she was nice, but she also knew that Hotaru was dangerous, too.

Hotaru had flopped onto the bed in her purple shirt and white overalls and just fell asleep. What a night!

Seto: *flatly* I want to kill her. I would give anything to push HER out a window.

Mokuba: *sweetly* Even me?

Seto: *mortified* No! Never! *hugs Mokuba* Anything BUT you!

Mokuba: *even more sweetly* And the Blue Eyes White Dragons?

Seto: *shrugs uneasily* I'd give up one, at least.



*Stay tuned for Part-3, "Surprise, Surprise! Mysterious powers that Hotaru possess. Look out, Kaiba! Can you handle a girlfriend like this?"*


So, how was it? Of course, I'm not the best writer in the world, but I try my hardest. So, please send a review, but remember, any and all flames will be used to roast Pegasus's ass, one way or another. See ya later, hopefully in the next chapter!
Dark Magicians Gal13

Seto: *blinks* I recall this before. And, I'll say again as I said before, it STILL scares me.

All: *nods*


document.write('');
Hola, I come back, once more, with a new chapter.

All: *groans* Oh haven't we been through ENOUGH?

Some quick notes, first. I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! Or any other related anime material. It was created by some very intelligent people in Japan. But I do own Hotaru Shidou, just not the name, and the Millenium Lunar Crescent. As for the story content, I'm not really sure when Kaiba's adoptive father dies. So, that's why he's in the first few chapters. Sorry if I'm off a bit, but I thought it was more interesting. Oh yes, by the way, I think this is my worst chapter so, go easy on me, please! All reviews are welcome, they really help, and all flames will be used to roast Pegasus's ass. Now, onto the chapter!

Yami: *shakes head* Correction. ALL the chapters are the worst chapters. I could have killed you for writing this drivel, back in Egypt.

Jounouchi: *cheers* Whoo! Go Yugi!






Part-3 "Surprise, Surprise!
Mysterious powers that Hotaru possess!
Look out, Kaiba! Can you handle a girlfriend like this?"

The next day at school, Seto catches Hotaru at her locker before last period. (Remember that they only have classes with each other after lunch. At the beginning of the day, they are separated.)

Seto: *as narrator* Not only did Seto catch her, but he caught her with a whaling gun. The impact was enormously satisfying, spewing guts and blood in all directions. And, of course, all Seto Kaiba did was laugh.

Jounouchi: *edges away* Laugh hysterically, I'd say.

Seto: *bows again*


"Hey do you want to go somewhere after school?" he asked her.

Mai: *as Seto* Yeah, like an incinerator?

Yami: *as Seto* Or perhaps a KFC, where I could dip you in a vat of chicken fat and other chemicals?

Jounouchi: *as Hotaru* Oh! No! We couldn't do that; it would ruin my sunflower complexion!

Seto: *snort*


"Sure!" Hotaru replied energetically. Then Seto's expression changed to a serious one.

"Hotaru, watch your back, okay? My father's going to try and keep us apart. I don't know what he's up to, so just be careful, okay? He probably won't do anything to you if I'm around, but if he gets to you with no one around, nobody will be able to stop him."

Seto: *sighs* For once, I'm likely going to agree with 'my father,'. Keep us apart, please. Far, far apart.

Mokuba: *clings to Seto* But you said he wouldn't bother us any more, Seto-sama!

Seto: *nods* For this occasion, I'm willing to make an exception.

Mokuba: *ponders* Good point.



"Don't worry, I will. But, if he's after me, then I not going to wait for him to come and get me. I might need to hunt him down," she said.

He lightly kissed her on the head, making the students around them jeer or sigh dreamily. Hotaru started to blush quite a bit. "I know," he said. He then glared daggers at them all, causing them to shut up on the dot. They then set off for their History class.

Jounouchi: *GAG*!!!!!!! EW! SINCE WHEN?!

Mai: *smile* He kissed her on the head, huh? Isn't it more his style to bite her neck, drain her of all her blood, and dump her lifeless corpse in a ditch?

Seto: *astonished* No one can ever find the bodies! Never! BUWHAHAHAH!

Yami: *cringe* Oh God. He's as nutty as a fruit loop.

Seto: *snort* Yugi, fruit loops aren't nutty.

Yami: *nods* Well you are.



As Hotaru walked outside the school, she looked for Kaiba. He came walking over to her and asked if she was ready. She nodded and they headed off. But watching this sweet couple, is Matori and her gang of girls. She is very jealous of Hotaru.

Seto: *as narrator* Because, of course, EVERYONE is jealous of Mary Sue. Even her best friend. Especially her best friend. Everyone wants to be Mary Sue, because she's got the hot guy, the good looks, the magical powers-

Jounouchi: *snickers* And the BIG BOOBS!

Mai: *slaps him and adds* Oh, and by the way, there doesn't have to be a comma between 'couple' and 'is'.



"Just look at that tramp! What a little stuck up bitch! She's only been here for a mouth or less, and she's already going out with the hottest guy in the school!" Matori said, her voice full of anger and jealousy. "Let's follow them and crash their little get-together!" Her gang agrees and they follow them from a distance.

Seto: *dryly* MORE tense changes? Gah! It kills the soul, it does. And what the hell? Mouth? She's been her a mouth? *wary* I sense stupidity-



Hotaru and Seto decided to go to the diner for a bit. (You know like girlfriend and boyfriend! Tee-hee-hee!) They were having a peaceful talk until Matori and her girls came over. All of them were holding glasses with milkshakes in them.

Yami: *cringe* The little author inserts are really getting annoying. If I hear the 'Tee Hee' one more time, I'm going to summon the Black Magician from the Realm of Darkness just so I can crush them! *shakes fist*

Mai: *innocently* Tee hee!

Yami: *glaaaaaare* Oh you're asking for it, Mai…you are SO asking for it-



"Well, well, well, if it isn't new-girl Hotaru and Kaiba-boy? I can't believe you went out with such a tramp, Kaiba! Why don't you dump this brat and go out with me?" Matori asked as she turned to him.

Seto: *clings to Matori* God, yes, why, why did I go out with such a 'brat'!?

Jounouchi: *as Matori* Because she's a Mary Sue!

Mai: *as Seto* …*punches Matori out*

Jounouchi: *winces* OW!

Mai: *shrug* I wanted to hit at least one ditzy bitch. Sorry, Jou…*looks up* And by the way, 'new-girl' doesn't need to have a hyphen.



He coldly replied, "Yeah, right! And pigs can fly! Plus Hotaru is a greater girlfriend than you are. You're just yesterday's trash!"

Seto: *nods* Pigs CAN fly. However, I must digress. Hotaru is NOT a greater girlfriend than you. She's a greater paperweight, maybe, but not a girlfriend.

Mai: *purrs innocently* No kidding.

Jounouchi: *is giving Mai a massage* I have NO comment. Gah. She must have taken the clone's whole brain out, Kaiba!

Seto: *glares at Jounouchi* I'm almost wont to agree with you, Dog

Jounouchi: *squeezes Mai's shoulders tighter but says nothing*



Then Hotaru said simply, "The diner puts trash out on Tuesdays! I guess they missed some!"

Yami: *holds puzzle* Mind CRUSH!

Jounouchi: *as Hotaru* HAHAH! The mind crush technique CANNOT work on me! I have no brain! Ah hah HAHAHAHAH!

Mai: *cuffs him*



Hotaru and Seto snickered while Matori went red. "At least, I'm not an orphan like you! What happened did your parents desert you? HAHAHA!"

Hotaru put her head down a bit and thought real hard. Make Matori's glass explode? Yes, yes! Splatter chocolate all over her? Oh, yeah! Make Seto and everyone else laugh? Good, good! (I can do it.) What? A voice was speaking to her, inside her head. (Well, yes or no? Do you give me permission to do that?) Yes, YES, DO IT!

Seto was about to slap Matori when, BANG! The glass she was holding exploded. The other girls' glasses exploded, too.

Seto: *cringe* I would never slap a girl. If they deserved it enough, I would just punch them out. Or not waste my time. Yeah, I probably wouldn't waste my time. *pauses and adds* Oh, and there has to be a comma between 'What happened' and 'did your parents'.

Yami: *dryly* This is so pathetic that it makes my ancestors writhe in their tombs.

Jounouchi: *nods* Amen to THAT.

Mai: *snorts* Orphan. Orphan. Why does that sound so familiar?

Jounouchi: *grins* Clichéness, hun, clichéness.

Mai: *thoughtfully* Oh, right…

"Ahhh!" she screamed. "My new dress! It's ruined! What the hell did that?!" The other girls were just as clueless as she was.

Hotaru and Seto were laughing so hard! Everyone else was too. Hotaru almost cried from laughing and some other people were almost on the floor!

Matori was so pissed off! "This isn't over yet!" she shouted and ran out of the diner. After the girls were gone, Seto asked Hotaru if she wanted to go to his house. She said yes, so they walked out of the diner and made their way to the Kaiba mansion.

Yami: *desperately* Mind Crush! Mind Crush!

Jounouchi: *sighs sadly* I don't think it'll work, Yugi

Seto: *growls* I need my Darker Half for this job. I am no longer evil enough to deal with this.

Mai: *blinks* You have a darker half, Kaiba?

Mokuba: *defensively* No he doesn't!

Seto: *holding head* Yes I do, Mokuba, yes I do.



"Gozaburo should still be at work, so we won't run into him at all."

"Good," Hotaru said. As she walked in, Mokuba sprang out and knocked her onto the couch. "Ahh!" she squealed.

"Got you, Seto!" he cried out. And with that, he started to tickle her!

"Mokuba! Get off of her!" Seto yelled. Mokuba looked down to see a blonde girl trying to pry him off of her.

"Opps!" Mokuba said. "I'm sorry!"

Mokuba: *growls* Yeah you little bitch, sorry for not killing you instead!

Seto: *pats his head* Calm down, kiddo, just calm down.



Hotaru smiled. "That's okay. From now on Seto, you go in first. That way, if you program your little brother to jump out, you can get hit!"

"He won't do that again, will you Mokuba?" Seto asked him playfully.

"I won't," he said giggling. "Hey, Hotaru! You wanna see the house?"

"Sure, I suppose it's pretty big," she replied with a smile. They started to go up the stairs, when Hotaru vanished behind them.

"Seto, where did Hotaru go?"

Seto: *gleefully* To hell! To hell! YAY!

Yami: *blink* Calm yourself, Seto.

Seto: *still cackling* HELLHELLHELL!

Yami: *grins evilly* Mind CRUSH!

Seto: *drops to the floor and pets a Blue Eyes White Dragon card*


"I don't know. Maybe she got lost or something. Let's go look for her." They ran off in different directions, hoping they would find her.

Mean while, Hotaru found herself in a dimly lit room. She started to look for a way out. Then three figures appeared in the shadows.

"Seto? Mokuba? Is that you?" she questioned. Then the figures came into the light and their faces were visible. Hotaru almost screamed. She knew that one of them was Gozaburo Kaiba. (Oh, no! Problem!)

"Hello, there Miss Shidou," Gozaburo said.

"Aren't you Gozaburo Kaiba? Seto's father?" Hotaru asked nervously.

"Why as a matter of fact, I am. And you must be the girl Seto is going out with. Am I right?"

"Yes," she said. "What do you want with me?"

"I'm afraid you won't be able to see my son anymore. I don't really think he should be dating girls like you or any other."

"What do you mean?" Hotaru asked. "Why do you keep Seto so isolated from everyone else? Is it because you're afraid he'll find love, unlike you? You want him to be all alone, don't you? You want him to suffer the same fate as you did."

Mai: *looks at Mind-Crushed!Seto with a sad smile* At least he doesn't have to witness this…unlike the rest of us…

Jounouchi: *cringes behind Mai* And of course, the super esoteric powers of the Mary Sue allow her to immediately know the cause of all conflicts. And it couldn't run any deeper than that! No, of course not! Because that might make the story, *gasp* Oh my God, get a PLOT!



"That is none of your business!" Gozaburo yelled. He was starting to get pissed off at her.

Yami: *Swears in Egyptian* I am starting to get pissed off at her.

Mokuba: *blink* Just now?

Yami: *shrug* No, a while back. It's just…worse, now.

Mai: *smirks* I SO agree.


"It's the truth!" she yelled back. "You're afraid! You're so mean and cold hearted! You want Seto to be the same way! Well, I guess your little plan isn't going to work. I'm still here and I love Seto! I am sure he loves me back. I going to make sure you're plan doesn't work!"

All: *dies*

Mai's Ghost: *whimpers* Oh God. Make it stop, make it stop, make it STOP.

Jounouchi's Ghost: *clinging to Mai's* It ain't never gonna end! Mai! Dear God! Kill it!

Seto's Ghost: *growls angrily* Oh Dear Lord and all that is even REMOTELY Holy! *pauses and then adds* And it's 'your plan', not 'you're'. Incompetent little-

Mokuba's Ghost: *clinging to Seto's* Seto-SAMA!



"Enough! You won't be around much longer! Get her!" Gozaburo shouted to the guards.

Hotaru started to run but was soon cornered. "Auhh!" she cried as she collapsed. The person inside of her was trying to make another appearance. (Let me help you!) No! (You're going to be hurt and I can't stand it when you're hurt!) You'll hurt others, though! (No, I won't! It's now or never, Hotaru! Just be quiet and I'll take of this!)

Seto: *revives and grins maliciously* She's having paranoid delusions. I could commit her for this.

Yami: *thoughtful nod* Can we?

Mai/Jounouchi/Mokuba: *cheers*



"Now hold her still for me," Gozaburo said. Just then, BANG! She threw them all into the other wall. Lightening started to appear. Little Mokuba was watching this all with amazement. He ran away and told his brother.

"Seto! Seto! Dad's trying to kill Hotaru!" he cried out.

Seto: *as himself* Whoot! Let's get popcorn!

Mokuba: *grins* YAY!


"WHAT!!" he shouted. They ran down to where Mokuba was last.

In the meantime, Hotaru was shattering the lights and making the ground split and shake. (You'd think she was trying to kill them, wouldn't you?) When Seto and Mokuba found them, they saw Hotaru floating in the air and the three men against the wall with lightening flashing and flying everywhere. "Hotaru?!" Seto shouted.

"Huh?" she said. She then fell. "Ahh!" She landed really hard on the ground.

Seto ran over to her and helped her up. "Are you okay?"

Seto: *sighs* My poor little clone. Forever destined to be tormented by Mary Sues…sometimes I just want to take a razor blade to my face…

Jounouchi: *acidly* Can you take it to your wrists while you're at it?

Seto: *icily* Only if I can take it to yours, first, dog.

Jounouchi: *smirks* Do you know that 'dog' is an anagram of 'God'?


"I'm okay," she replied. Gozaburo was now in total shock. Unfortunately, not in enough shock to stop him from breaking apart Hotaru and Seto.

"I guess I just have to destroy you now!" he shouted and with that, he pulled out a gun and fired! Hotaru had managed to see and hear what he had done.

Seto: *mopes* Oh the crappy angst effect is devastating to whatever fragments I have left of my sanity.

Yami: *snorts* So, in other words, it hasn't affected you at all?

Seto: *glares* Shut up.



"Look out!" she shouted. Hotaru knocked her boyfriend out of the way and took the shot on her side! She collapsed and then screamed. (Hey, wouldn't you scream if you got shot?) Seto picked her up and ran out of the room. He told his little brother to go get the phone so he could call an ambulance. Mokuba ran his fastest and returned with the cordless phone. Seto called the hospital and an ambulance came quickly. (Good thing, too. I mean, Hotaru had blood gushing everywhere.) Hotaru was sent to the ICU. Seto was very worried. Not to mention, when he got back to his house, he needed to push Gozaburo out of a window. Finally, a doctor came out and said she was all right.

Seto: *blink* Intensive Care Unit? What the Hell? Why wouldn't she be sent to Emergency? Or Hell? And my clone? Her boyfriend! Not fucking likely!

Mokuba: *hugs Seto* Probably because she's from Hell to begin with.

Yami: *thoughtfully* Heero didn't scream when he got shot in Gundam Wing-

Mokuba: *gasp* I have that manga!

Jounouchi: *shakes head* You are an odd little kid. Runs in the family, naa?

Mokuba: *glowers* Kisama Jounouchi!


"Don't you think you should call her parents? I mean, surely they are worried," the doctor said.

Seto coolly replied, "Her parents are dead. How is she?"

Seto: *as himself* Her parents are dead. Like she's going to be in a minute.

Mai: *acid smile* Can I watch?

Jounouchi: *looks at Mai oddly*

Seto: *as himself* First, I'm going to smother her with a pillow. And then I'm going to stick a needle in her I.V. And then I'm going to dice her into a bunch of different pieces with the scalpel I stole from reception-

Mai: *shakes head*



"Well, she's fine. If you want, you can go in and see her," the doctor stated, stunned about this statement.

Jounouchi: *sighs* Because, of course, everyone is stunned about Mary Sue's horrible past. She just wouldn't be a Mary Sue without it.

Mai: *nods* All hail to the long-sufferingness of Mary Sue!

Yami: *whimpers in futility* Mind Crush! Mind Crush!

Seto: *as Hotaru* Told you, Yami-kins, it doesn't work!

Mai: *nods* Ever notice how everyone calls Yami no Yuugi 'Yami'? I mean, how nice is that. *mimics* Oh, Hello Darkness, how are you today?

Yami: *nods* Finally! Someone who can identify!



"I will," he said and walked into the room. "How are you feeling?" he asked Hotaru as he came in.

"I'm all right, don't worry about me," she replied.

"This is all of my fault! If it hadn't been for me, you wouldn't be in the hospital with a gunshot wound!" he said, angry with himself.

Seto: *sigh* If it hadn't of been for my CLONE being an idiot, he would have grabbed the gun and finished the job.

Jounouchi: *suspiciously* You're really pushing this clone gig, Kaiba.


"What are you talking about?" Hotaru said. She grasped his hand tightly. "If it hadn't been for you, I wouldn't have had the best time of my life, last night at our date."

Seto: *bangs head against a wall* There is no spoon, there is no spoon, there is no spoon…

Mai: *edges closer to Jounouchi and whispers* Hey, is it just me, or would this be the perfect opportunity to kill him and make it look like a suicide?

Jounouchi: *shrug* Rather kill this…Hotaru…*shiver*

Mai: *nods* Eh, good point.



"Are you telling the truth?" he asked her seriously.

"Of course!" she cried. "The only person to blame for this is Gozaburo. It's his fault for keeping you so alone! It's not fair!"

"You're kinda right," he said quietly.

Seto: *growl* No, no you're not 'kinda' right. And since when would I use the word 'Kinda'? I mean, what the HELL?

Mokuba: *nods* This is very beneath your level of excellence, Niisama. I suggest you just kill her now and get it over with.

Seto: *tousles his hair fondly*



"You know," she started. " I didn't think I was going to live after that. When I saw all of that blood gushing out of me, I thought I was doomed. But, I knew I had to tell you something, no matter what happened."

"And what was that?"

"It doesn't matter that I not dying, so I'll tell you anyway. This may sound stupid, but I gotta tell you. I love you, Seto!" she said in a sweet voice.

Yami: *gag* Oh God. That's almost as horrible as-no, scratch that, it's MORE horrible than anything else in the world! There are no words to describe the pain this must be causing Ammon Ra!

Mai: *twitches* Okay. As the only girl in this group, I want to make a statement. Girls. Do. Not. Spit out "I love you," To the nearest hot guy after knowing him for…like, a day. It wouldn't happen, not in a thousand years. Girls, real ones, tend to be extremely SHY about saying 'I love you,' Unless they're whores and just want sex.

Jounouchi: *raises eyebrow*



He was very shocked. He wasn't sure how she had felt about him. "I love you, too," he said. "I didn't know how you felt, so I hid my feelings."

Seto: *has been reduced to a whimpering, quivering mass that might yet be labeled 'Seto Kaiba'*

Yami: *coughs* Well. That was…

Mai: *interjects* Horrific? Inaccurate? Terrible? Mind-rendingly bad? Worthy of a bonfire? Worthy of SEVERAL bonfires? Worthy of half a million wild mustangs running rampant over it?



"Well, I guess you can reveal them now!" Hotaru said, very happy.


Stay tuned for Part 4- "Matori's Revenge! Oh no! Hotaru loses control?! A recipe for destruction!"


So, how was it? Sorry about any grammar mistakes or typos, I'm a horrible speller and so is my computer. Also, I'm very sorry that Kaiba is out of character. I know, but that's just way I wrote it. Anyway, if any of you have information on the first duel between Yugi and Pegasus, could you send it to me? I need stats, plays, lifepoint counts, etc. It will be very much appreciated, not to mention the sixth chapter will be more accurate. Well, that's all for now. Please review and remember that all flames will be used to roast Pegasus's ass!

Seto: *chokecoughshudderpukeDIE*

Mokuba: *has given up on screaming 'Niisama!' and is now simply clinging to Seto's lifeless body*

Yami: *amiably* You're right about the grammar and spelling, at least. And Seto's OOCness.

Mai: *nods* It would have been more OOC for him to tear his heart out and offer it to her on a plate.

Jounouchi: *snorts* Yeah, because at least it would 'a killed 'im.




document.write('');
Hello, I return once more to post a chapter for I received more reviews. (Thank you so much!) All right, now to get down to the basics. One, I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! Or any other related anime material. Two, I do own Hotaru Shidou (except her name) and the Millenium Lunar Crescent. Three, this chapter is also one of my worst, so please go easy on me. Four, all reviews will be excepted but flames will be used to roast Pegasus's ass. I think that's all so, onto the chapter!

Yami: *tritely* "Accepted", bimbette, not 'excepted'.

Mai: *sighs and shakes head sadly* The world has ended.

Seto: *shivers* The ass comment STILL makes me-

Jounouchi: *interjects* Horny?

Seto: *strangles him*




Part- 4 "Matori's Revenge!
Oh, no! Hotaru loses control?!
A recipe for destruction forms!"

The next day at school, Matori is still pissed off at Hotaru. Perhaps she'll embarrass Hotaru in gym class? Yeah, that'll work!

Jounouchi: *snorts* Or Matori could just bring a gun to school and kill the little bitch, save everyone else the trouble of being slapped with a murder charge. Wherever my clone is around here, I'm sure he wants her dead, too.

Mai: *smiles* Everyone wants her dead, hun, there's no getting around it.

Jounouchi: *points at fic* The author doesn't want her dead!

Mai: *brushes hair out of eyes* Yeah, well…she also *created* 'Hotaru Shidou', so what does that say for her intelligence?

Jounouchi: *ponders* …Good point.



In the gym, the girls are warming up. Hotaru is hanging out with Serena and Téa. Then the gym teacher calls them over. "Today, we are doing gymnastics. It's okay if you aren't very good at them, we're doing basics today and I'll help you. But, for you girls who want to try out for the gymnastics team at the school, this will give me an idea of your skills. So, would anyone like to show us an example?" Matori and Hotaru both put their hands up at the same time. "Alright, you two, show us what you can do. Matori and Hotaru, is it?" Hotaru nodded while Matori snickered. Hotaru gave her a stone cold glare and Matori quieted down a bit.

Seto: *as narrator* Because, of course, the glares of Mary Sue are known and feared world-wide. It makes the evil rivals quake in their boots, because, of COURSE, Mary Sues can shoot fire bolts from their eyes.

Jounouchi: *snickers* Touché



"Sure," Matori said. "I'll go first!" Just as she started, the boys filed into the gym from their class. They cheered Matori on and started to look over at the girls sitting down. (Remember: The girls are wearing very short outfits! This drives the boys wild because normally they are forced to go straight to the locker room with out looking.) Matori did a round off backhand spring and two backflips. The boys continued to cheer her on. Then it was Hotaru's turn. "Beat that!" Matori mummered.

Yami: *choke* Mummered? MUMMERED? Oh Dear Ammon Ra. Mind CRUSH!

Mai: *checks watch* Yugi, hun, you can't mind crush those with no mind.

Yami: *half-hearted sob* It's eating my organs-

Seto: *snort* Let's hope it eats your brain, spare us from YOUR friendship rants.

Yami: *glare* You don't even know what friends are, you little-

Mai: *holds up hand* Boys, boys!


"I will!" Hotaru hissed back at her.

Jounouchi: *steps on soapbox* I would like to take this opportunity to say that Hotaru seems to has a lot of qualities in common with a snake. She's slimy, evil, and hisses a lot.

Mai: *cocks head*

Jounouchi: *continues* In fact, her and Kaiba should be right at home in each other's arms.

Seto: *chokes and dives at Jounouchi, proceeding to beat him into the ground*

Hotaru did a round off backhand spring, two backflips, a back tuck, and landed in a split. The boys were really cheering now. (Probably because she did a tuck in the middle of the air and showed off a little too much by accident!) Even the gym teacher was impressed. One of the boys whispered to Seto, "Your girlfriend rocks, man!" Then Hotaru walked over to the girls. They finally got their class started, with all of the boys watching, of course! After class, the girls went to change.

Mai: *flatly* Okay. That's it. She's a slut. Even I don't do that on purpose.

Jounouchi: *trails a finger along Mai's arm suggestively* You sure?

Mai: *slaps him* If you're so horny, go sleep with her *jerks head at Hotaru*

Jounouchi: *horrified* God no! Never! I have MORALES, man!

Seto: *smirks* Not many.


Matori was now very angry with Hotaru. She came over to her and shoved her into a corner. "You are one damn bitch, you know that?"

Yami: *sigh* I've never understood the concept of 'Insta-meanness'. I mean, this girl only exists to insert a non-existant plot into a fic that SHOULD be non-existant.

Jounouchi: *nods* Here here!

Seto: *wrinkles nose* Aren't you guys forgetting that I'm the one being tortured, here?

Jounouchi: *nods* Yup. And enjoying every minute of it, too *evil grin*



"Well, at least I'm not some stuck up prep like you!" Hotaru shouted. "I at least have a boyfriend who cares and likes me! What do you do, switch around until you tire with one boy and then dump him? I may not know what it feels to have a family, but at least I know what it feels like to be loved!"

Seto: *shudder*

Yami: *shudder*

Mai: *shudder*

Mokuba: *shudder*

Jounouchi: *shudder*

Seto: *holds up hand* I object! My clone could never love you! No one loves you! You are an evil, sadomasochistic little child that will burn in hell for all your evilness!

Mokuba: *sighs sadly* And that, Niisama, is too nice a fate



"Aww!" sighed Matori as she began to crack her knuckles. (My interjection: Oh, no, I feel a fight comin' on!) "That's so touching! I kinda want to throw up! Why don't you end this little fantasy of yours and dump Kaiba? I mean, can you handle a boy like him? Cold-hearted and mean?"

Seto: *shudders* Is it just me, or is Matori starting to look relatively cool?

Jounouchi: *holds up beer bottle and tips it* Amen.

Mai: *rolls eyes*



Hotaru got up, but she didn't look up into Matori's glare. "You're wrong, you know that? Seto's not cold-hearted and mean. He's nice and sweet. He's the sweetest guy I've ever met!" And with that, she slammed Matori into the wall with a great force. (My interjection: Go Hotaru! I think Matori pushed her to the brink!)

Seto: My interjection: DIE Hotaru! I hope Matori pushes you off the brink, of the PLANET. *as an afterthought* And I am too cold-hearted and mean. I am not sweet and nice. Christ, you're making me out to be a sugarplum-fucking-fairy.

Jounouchi: *chokes*

Mai: *raises eyebrow* For some reason, this story is making me want to pluck my fingernails off one-by-one, just to get away from the PAIN of this 'story'.



(Do you want me to teach her a lesson?) Yes! (I'll do anything you want. Have any ideas?) Yes, I have one. (What?) Pull down her underwear in front of everyone! (Great idea! And I thought I was the only one who could come up with good plans!) Well, I guess you underestimated me! NOW!

All: *cringe*

Jounouchi: *looks away* Okay, that I do NOT want to see.

Yami: *wary* This thing is sounding suspiciously like a 'Darker Half'.

Mai: *cringe* Oh yuck. Not ANOTHER 'I have a Yami, girl,'

Jounouchi: *looks at charts* It appears so, unfortunately.



The lightening appeared again. Then Hotaru chanted as she kept Matori against the wall, "I see London, I see France, I see Matori's UNDERPANTS!" Following it, Matori's shorts fell down, showing her underwear. (Cute little bunnies! Hahahaha!) Then Hotaru stopped everything and let Matori go. She went and picked up her gym bag and headed out to 3rd period.

Seto: *shudder* And how infantile is this?

Jounouchi: Very.

Mai: *tentatively* Maybe if it's infantile enough, we can commit infanticide, as opposed to homicide, eh?

Mokuba: *edges away from Mai, closer to Seto*

Yami: *shakes head and tries a last, futile 'Mind Crush!'* Oh of all the juvenile things…



Then lunch came around. Hotaru went over and sat with Téa and Serena. Joey, Tristan, and Yugi soon joined them. "What an exciting gym class!" Téa exclaimed. "I didn't know you could do that Hotaru!"

Yami: *mourns* Poor Anzu.

Jounouchi: *nods* Yup. Her first line in the story, and she's already OOC, too.

Mai: *flips hair* This is bad. No other recourses.



'I didn't know I could do it," she replied. "I guess I showed Matori, didn't I?"

Seto: *grits teeth and plays Hotaru* Of course I didn't know I could do it! It just HAPPENED! Even though people have to train for years and years to be able to do flips, I can do it! Because, *drum roll* I'm a Mary Sue!

Jounouchi: *shudder* Lay up on the femmy accents, Kaiba, it's scaring me.



"Hey, Hotaru, you wanna duel?" Joey asked as he pulled out his Duel Monsters deck.

Jounouchi: *shrieks* NO! NO! NO! NOT MY CLONE! *sobs and clings to Mai, who clings back*

Mai: *crying* Oh God! Jounouchi-kun! I'm SO sorry!

Jounouchi: *still crying*



"Sure, but you better get ready to get your butt kicked!" she exclaimed. They then started to duel. Joey's turn.

"I play Claw Reacher (1000/800) in attack mode!" Hotaru's turn.

Jounouchi: *flatly* I would never play such a crappy card in attack position. *twitches angrily*


"Good card, Joey. I place down this card, facedown, and bring out the Dark Magician Girl (2000/1700) in attack mode! I attack your Claw Reacher. Say good night to 1,000 life points!" Score- Hotaru= 2,000 Joey= 1,000!

Yami: *in disbelief* But the Black Magician Girl card is so rare! Even Pandora has never heard of her, and he is the only person even remotely as talented with the Black Magician as I am! This isn't possible!

Mai: *twitch* God damn egotistical duelists-

Seto: *snorts* And this differs from you, how, Mai?

Mai: *lofty sniff*



"Oh, great! Let's see here. Ahha! Go Flame Swordsman (1800/1600)! Oh, yes and this magic card, Salamadra! This raises Flame Swordsman's attack up to 2,300! I attack your Dark Magician Girl! Say good…"

Jounouchi: *cringe* I don't sound that stupid in the dubs, do I?

Yami: *nods sadly* I'm afraid so, Jounouchi.

Jounouchi: *disheartened sob* There is no God!

Mai: *interjects* And if there is, he hates us!



"Not so fast, my friend!" Hotaru exclaimed. "Forget my trap card? It's the Mirror Force. It deflects your attack and sends it right back to you! Half of Flame Swordsman's attack points come out of your score!" Score- Hotaru= 2,000 Joey= 0000!

Mai: *splutters* The Mirror Wall is one of the most restricted, rarest trap cards in the game! There is NO way a little orphan brat would ever get her grubby hands on one! They are so rare!

Jounouchi: *cringes and rocks back and forth* This isn't happening, this isn't happening, this isn't happening-

Yami: *dryly* And besides, Mirror Force is my trap card. It only deflects the attack back at the opponent. Mirror WALL, however, is the one that has this effect.



"Oh, no, you beat me again!" whined Joey. "I'm never gonna beat you, you're just too good."

All: …

Mai: *false smile* Again? What the hell? AGAIN? *dives for Hotaru's throat* How DARE you--!

Jounouchi: *smiles weakly* Care for that thong now, Mai?

Mai: *is pummeling a 'Hotaru' clone with her bare hands*

Seto: *growls* As much as I hate the mutt and think of him as incompetent, he would never lose to a Mary Sue. Never.

Jounouchi: *turns to Seto in disbelief* Wha-WHAT did you say?

Seto: *shrug* Nothing.

Mokuba: *opens Seto's card brief case* Geeze, Niisama, you don't even have a Mirror Wall card…



"Don't worry, Joey," Yugi said. "Hotaru just knows the game a bit better than you. And she has a few cards that are bit more powerful than yours. You'll beat her someday."

Yami: *immediately goes into his soul room to look for Yugi and strangle him*

Jounouchi: *twitch* Maybe when I was an amateur! Not now! NEVER now! I was the Second Ranked Duelist in the Duelist Kingdom-

Mai: *hand over his mouth, looking exasperated* Yes, hun, we know. Now be quiet. We can kill the bitch later.

"From the looks of it, that day will only be in his dreams." A voice said behind them that made them all jump. It was Kaiba!

Seto: *smirks* I can make people jump. Go me.


"What do ya mean?" Joey asked, a bit confused by his words. (Isn't Joey always confused?)

Jounouchi: *twitch* I'm not stupid, you damn dubbies. I'm NOT stupid. And I wouldn't be confused by a statement like that. And NO, I'm NOT always confused! Damn it all to High…*sideways look at Yami* Punt!

Yami: *blink*



"You aren't a very good duelist and from the way I saw you play, you never be able to beat Hotaru," he said with a smirk on his face.

"Grrrr!" Joey growled as he put on the grr face. (Interjection: I made this one up! Tee-hee-hee!) "Like you could even duel! Do you even have a deck?"

All: …what the hell?

Yami: *flexes fingers around the puzzle* Mind CRUSH!

Mai: *as Hotaru* You're forgetting the cardinal rule, Yami, I have no brain!

Jounouchi: *goes after Seto*

Seto: *is now nursing a split lip*



"Yes, I do." (He should, I mean, when you're as rich as he is, what can ya say?)

All: *stare*

Mai: *incredulous* Has she even SEEN the SHOW?

Seto: *shakes head* Can't of. First my 'father' is still alive, and now Yugi and co. don't know I have a dueling deck. It has reached new depths of horribleness.

Jounouchi: *flatly* It can't get any worse. Nothing she does can make it worse.


"Well then, have you won any of your duels against people, smart ass?" Joey asked, sure the answer was going to be no.

Kaiba took a small breath and then stated coldly. " I have won all of my duels, except against one person on the Internet. I don't know her name, only her screename, but she was very good. I thought I was going to win, when she pulled off an impressive move and won."

"Can you write down the screename?" Téa suggested. "Maybe we know whose screename it is." So Tea gave the lifepoint count paper to Kaiba and he wrote the name down. It was ROSEduelistgal104.

They others looked at it with a strange expression. "I've never seen the name before," said Yugi. "Have any of you?" Everyone else shuck his or her heads except Hotaru.

"Seto, what's your screename?" she asked. He wrote his down, too. It was BLUEYESduelistSK235.

"That was you I dueled!" Hotaru exclaimed. Everyone looked at her, shocked.

All: …

Jounouchi: *hysterical* I take it back, I take it all back! She just made it worse! Oh God! Oh God! My eyes! They're burning!

Mai: *as an afterthought* And it's 'shook', not 'shuck'.

Yami: *nods* Maybe we should 'shuck' her brain.



"You beat Kaiba?" Joey asked with a laugh.

"Well, ROSEduelistgal104 is my screename and it has always been since I got those cards. But that night I didn't really know whom I was dueling. He wouldn't say his name, so I didn't say mine. All I know is that he was very tough! I thought I was going to lose." Just then the bell rang and they had to head off to 4th period. (After that little shocker, Joey gives Hotaru a bit more respect than he used to. But only a bit!)

Seto: *cringe* And it's 'who', not 'whom'. And no, you would NEVER beat me. Never. Not in a hundred thousand billion years. Only Yugi and Pegasus have ever defeated me, damnit. You will NOT win! NEVER! NEVER I SAY!

Jounouchi: *glower* No, I gave her less respect. I want to kill her. I want to kill myself. I want to kill any random thing-

Mai: *purrs* Me included?

Jounouchi: *quickly* No, never you, Mai.


When Hotaru went to her locker at the end of the day, she found a note inside it. It read…

Hotaru,
How's about meeting me at the LaserTag rink tonight? It's an all night party, so we'll have some fun. See you at 7:45! Seto

Seto: *twitch* Fun.

Mokuba: *hugs Seto around the waist* You've never taken me to laser tag, Niisama!

Seto: *repeats* Fun. Since when do I have 'fun'. I'm fifteen and I run a multi-billion dollar company. I don't have TIME for fun.

Yami: *points out* You don't run KaibaCorp in this story, Kaiba,

Seto: *twitches again*


"I guess I'll go," she said. "I've never been there before, but it sounds like fun!"

As 7:45 rolled by, Hotaru walked down to the LaserTag rink. (She got directions from Serena. "Good thing I hooked you two up, a?") She saw Seto waiting outside for her.

Mai: *dryly* It's 'eh', not 'a'. NOW who's blonde?



"I guess you got my note?" he asked her as they walked in.

"Yeah." There were a ton teenagers in the room. Most girls were with their boyfriends. Other people were just hangin'. But, over on the side, at the tables, an evil plot enfolds! (Scary music here!)

All: *whimper*


"This will put little Hotaru in her place! Is everything setup right?" Matori asked. She had wired a bucket full of red cherry soda to fall onto Hotaru's head! "Good, good, this is the best plan of revenge ever made!"

Seto: *looks in bucket* You sure it's not blood? All the blood she's drained out of my clone, to make him such a weak lapdog?

Mai: *looks in bucket as well* Nope. Just looks like 'red cherry soda' to me.

Seto: *sigh* damn.


After a few games of laser tag, our couple takes a break. (I had to put that in!) "I've never had so much fun before!" Hotaru cried out. She was nearly out of breath.

Seto: *twitch* No, no you didn't have to put that in.

Jounouchi: *holds up hand* I am in complete agreement THERE.



"Yeah, I don't come here much, but hey, you made it 5 times better than normal!" Seto said. He was nearly out of breath, too. "You want to get something to eat?"

Seto: *loftily* I would never be out of breath. I've been well-conditioned to physical exertion. And, besides, my poor clone would never make THAT little sense. I mean, it's a jumble of garbled CRAP.

Mai: *smirks* Touché.



"Sure," Hotaru replied. They walked over to a table (This is the one with the soda!) and sat down. Just as Hotaru was going to get a drink, Matori yelled, "Here Hotaru, let me help you!" She pulled the string and the bucket came toppling down, soda and all. It drenched Hotaru and got Kaiba soaked.

Jounouchi: *cackle* Now I really like this Matori girl! Hah!

Mai: *curls into a cat-like ball on the provided couch* Nmmm…I need more sleep. This can't be allowed to fry more brain cells.

Mokuba: *has been pushed off the couch by Mai* Hey!

Seto: *picks Mokuba up and sets him on a bunk bed*

Yami: *thoughtfully* But how did she rig it? I mean, aren't there supervisors in these sorts of places that would have prevented this?


Matori then came out laughing. Everyone except Hotaru and Seto were laughing. Seto's expression made it look as if he was going to kill everyone who was laughing. Hotaru just closed her eyes and thought hard.

Seto: *growl* Laughing is SO redundant. I mean, three times in thirty-six words? That is HORRIBLE! *pause* And not only would I kill everyone who was 'laughing', I would also kill the ditzy blonde beside me.

Mai: *suspicious glance in his direction*



I hate Matori. I HATE MATORI!!!!! (Let me help you!) What? (I'll show her! I'll show her what it feels like to humiliated!) Yes, yes, YES! HURT HER NOW! (You got it!) (My interjection: Bad idea, Hotaru! This can only amount to a ton of destruction!)

Yami: *cringe* Vengeance is a sin, Lady.

Jounouchi: Wow. Amazing. I thought all Mary Sues were benevolent. Turns out this one's just as immature as a four year old.

Seto: *looks at Jou* So, what, your mentality?



Just then a huge gust of wind surged. It knocked everyone over. Then the lightening appeared again. Hotaru went calmly over to Matori, picked her up, and threw across the room! Then she suspended them both into the air. "How dare you! It's you own fault for feeling this pain. If you had only left Seto and me alone, you wouldn't be the girl right here on the verge of being destroyed. (Ooo! Scary!) Now you must pay!" Hotaru kept throwing her into the wall over and over again. Then she dropped her. (Such a violent girl!)

Jounouchi: *shakes head* It's like the energizer fucking bunny. It keeps going and going and going and going-

Mai: *drapes arm over eyes* And going and going-

Seto: *flatly* The only thing that's scary is that the Mary Sue factor just went up a couple hundred notches.


Matori cried out to her, "BITCH!" Then Hotaru did the most unexpected thing. She made a table fly up into the air and throw itself at Matori! It hit her with a full force. This knocked her out.

Yami: *dryly* Oh that was SO unexpected. Like, totally *imitates a valley girl*

Mai: *cringe*

Mokuba: *swings feet on the bunkbed* Can you kill her, yet, Seto?



Then Hotaru put herself back onto the ground. Matori's boyfriend launched at her and shouted, "How could you?!" Hotaru turned to face him and he almost screamed. Her eyes were flashing a bright red. She stuck out her hand and shocked him as he tried to grab her. Then Hotaru made nearly everything shatter. Cups, plates, screens, you name it, she broke it! The lights dimmed made her eyes even more eerie. The only things that remained untouched were a few soda cans. She used those and made them splatter at Matori's gang.

"Here, now you know what it's like to be hit with soda! Mwuahahaha!" she screamed at them. Hotaru started making a ton of things fly, but one of those chairs she made fly hit Kaiba!

Jounouchi: *twitch* That is the-lamest excuse for a Yami-

Yami: *nods* I concur.

Mai: *sits up on the couch and rolls up sleeves* Time for a barbeque! Tonight's special, Roast Mary Sue!



SETO! Stop, stop it right now! (NO! I'm not finished yet!) You are now! Perhaps you didn't notice but you hit my boyfriend! (Wait, no, Hotaru!)

Hotaru cut her off. All of the objects flying fell down. Hotaru stopped the wind and lightening. She managed to stay on her feet and over to help Kaiba up.

"Let's go, okay?" she asked.

"Sure," he said in total agreement. They left with no further problems. (Thank god!)

Seto: *on his knees, arms held out in a mock angelic pose* Why, God, why me? What did I do? Why would my clone leave with a girl that just destroyed an entire…laser tag complex? I wish I could die. *sobs* I want to die! Please God, let me end it! This torture-it's-so-bad--*hyperventilates and passes out*

Mokuba: *jumps off bed and rubs Seto's back* It's okay, Niisama, just breathe. It's almost over. Almost…

Mai: *snaps fingers* Key word, there, kiddo.



Back at Kaiba's house, his dad's dead now, (YES!) he thinks of what just happened. Kaiba is totally confused.

Jounouchi: *blink* He just died, just like that? What a coincidence…*sarcastic sneer* Oh yeah, of course, he just DROPS dead, and there are no repercussions or funerals or anything like that. He. Just. Died.

Mai: *groans* Real plot, Real Plot, where for art thou, Real Plot?



"Why did that stupid brat Matori do that? And how did Hotaru do those things? Perhaps there is more to her than I thought. Or maybe she's hiding something for me. What ever it is, it's some secret!" He kept questioning himself the whole night.

Seto: *groans* And of course the only word I know is 'brat'. I mean, what's it to her that I am a total foul mouth, what's it to her that the REAL me never adds endearments onto anyone's names, or that I would never say 'brat', if my life depended on it.

Mokuba: *nods solemnly* And wouldn't it be 'from', Niisama, not 'for'?

Seto: *nods miserably* Yes.



Hotaru returns to her room in the orphanage with no mishap. She locks the door, just in case of a break out.

Mai: *blinks* Why would locking the door prevent a bad case of acne?

Jounouchi: *sighs* I think it more-or-less means 'break-in'.

Mai: *enlightened* Oooooooh…



Hu, hu, hu! Why did you do that? (You told me to hurt her, right? Well, I did!) I didn't mean that and you know it! You could have killed someone! (Matori would be better off dead!) But you hurt others, too! (They laughed at you when you got drenched with soda. They deserved it!) Well, you hit Seto! You could have really hurt him! (I didn't mean to harm him!) I love him, stupid! If anything were to happen to him, I'd kill myself! If you dare do anything like that again, I'll never let you help me again! (What?! No, don't! Okay I'll shut up for a bit.)

Jounouchi: Hu, hu, hu! I'm Goofy! Hyuck, Hyuck!

Yami: *head in hands* You have too much time on your hands, Jounouchi.

Jounouchi: *indignant* Hey!

Seto: And who the hell says 'Okay, I'll shut up for a bit'?

Mai: *twitch* And of course, the Mary Sue is still proclaiming her love for the sinister, evil, Seto Kaiba bastard.

Seto: *looks up* Wait! 'If anything happened to Seto, I'd kill myself'…*eyes widen* Oh my God! *runs into the street and flings himself in front of a Greyhound Bus.


"How can I help my friends when I can't even keep this being that lives inside of me in control?" Hotaru asked herself.

Stay tuned for Part- 5 "The Heart of the Cards! Is there any room for love in these duels?!"

Mokuba: *appears dragging Seto, who is trying frantically to get back under the bus*

Seto: *grudgingly* No! No room for love! Not if you want to win!

Yami: *twitches* …Mind…Crush…

Mai: *sobs and buries head in hands*

Jounouchi: *rubs her back encouragingly* Calm down, Mai. It's over. There is a God.




So, was it good? Sorry about that duel in the middle, I'm pretty sure I screwed up on it. Oh yes, and you've probably guessed it already, but the next chapter will start off within the actual episodes. Well, that's all I have to say. Please review and remember that all flames will be used to roast Pegasus's ass one way or another.
Dark Magicians Gal13

Seto: *shrieks* It's OVER! Oh God! At last, I can DIE!

Yami: *pokes Seto* Aa, but she said it would be continued…

Seto: Dear God, no *dies* x_x