Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Mary Sue Who? ❯ Suspicions ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own them.

A/N- If Mickey (my muse) doesn't co-operate soon I'm going to deep fry him into chips! Here's chapter two of four! I think that the title scared everyone away! I don't know that much about the duel monster's game so I'm just skipping over it.



Suspicions

At lunch, Mary talked with everyone. Honda hated to admit it, but everything that she said was perfect. Everyone seemed to like her, but no matter how hard Honda tried he just couldn't shake off the feeling that she didn't belong.

At last Tea pulled him aside, and told him not to be rude. "How would you feel if you were new, and someone kept glaring at you all day? Now be nice!"

"Fine!" Honda agreed just to get her to shut up.

"Good. Maybe you'd feel less jealous if you talked to her." Tea suggested.

"Jealous! Why would I be jealous?"

"Well you are sitting here sulking. Just come over, and talk with us. We're trying to explain duel monsters to her."

"Why? She can't play?"

"No, but she's learning really fast! You should come over."

"Maybe later." Honda said, raising his book back up and reading it. He heard laughter coming from his friends' spot on the grass, and looked over. They all had their decks out, and were talking animatedly. Just then Mary Sue looked over at him, and smirked.

Honda sat up straighter in indignation. He glared at her, and for just a moment her eyes widened in surprise. Then she smiled again, a very superior I'm-better-than-you-are smile.

Honda got up off the grass, preparing to go over and give her a piece of his mind, when the bell rang. Everyone hurried back into the building. Honda was just returning from his locker when he passed by Yugi's locker, on the way to the locker room to change for PE. Mary Sue was with him.

"So how about that practice duel after school?" Yugi asked.

"I'd love to, although I'm not sure how good I'll be." She batted her eyes at him. Yugi blushed again.

"Okay, then I'll see you after school!"

"See you then!" Mary Sue called back, heading for her own locker.

Yugi stood watching her leave with a love sick puppy look on his face, and Honda rolled his eyes before clearing his throat loudly.

Yugi started, and then relaxed. "Oh, Honda. It's just you! Ready for gym?" He asked turning to close the locker door.

Honda felt unreasonably hurt by the `It's just you' remark, and then shook his head. <Don't be paranoid. >

"Yeah, I'm ready."

"Well then, let's go!"

They hurried off to the locker rooms.

Honda played worse than he'd ever played, that day. He couldn't stop thinking about her. Yet, he knew that there was something wrong about her. She was just so......so........perfect. Yeah that was it! UN- naturally perfect. No one that perfect could be up to any good. She had to be covering for something.

Plus she had glared at him, not once but twice. And smirked! Whenever she knew no one was watching she tormented him. Even now, he could feel her eyes boring into his back. He knew that she knew that he knew she was up to something. But how could he explain his suspicions to the others without sounding crazy? Heck, even he though he sounded crazy!

After the soccer game, in the locker room Joey confronted him.

"What's up with you today?"

"Nothing." Honda said, tying his shoes. "Why would something be up?"

"You've just been acting so odd." Joey told him, pulling on his shirt.

`Well, nothing's up." Honda stood to go, but Joey grabbed his arm stopping him.

"Come on, Honda. I'm your friend. You can trust me."

"You'll laugh if I tell you."

"No, I won't! I swear!" Joey said solemnly.

Honda hesitated another moment before he said quietly. "I think Mary Sues out to get me."

Joey stared at him in disbelief, then struggled not to laugh. "You're kidding!" He managed to say at last.

"No, I'm serious!"

A small chuckle escaped Joey, and Honda frowned. "I'm serious! She glares at me when no one's watching! She's scary!"

"She's just a transfer student! She' not out to get you. You're just being paranoid. I mean, why would she want to hurt you?"

"I don't know!" Honda ran a hand through his still damp hair. It was not quite shoulder length, when it wasn't up in his usual cool style. "Just keep an eye on her, would you?"

Joey grinned. "If you insist!"

Honda shrugged Joey's arm off, and started to leave again. He got to the door and then came back. "Oh, and Joey? Please don't tell anyone else about this?"

"No, problem. Your secrets safe with me."

"Yeah, right." Honda mumbled, again walking out. "That's what I was afraid of."

Geography was uneventful. By the time, it was over; Honda had managed to convince himself that all his problems against Mary Sue were in his mind.

After school Joey had to go to detention, Ryou had to see a teacher about his homework assignment, as he didn't understand it. He lent Mary Sue his cards so that she could learn how to duel. Honda, Yugi, Tea, and Mary Sue walked to The Game Shop for their mock duels.

First Honda and Tea demonstrated how to duel. Mary Sue watched closely. Honda lost almost right away, because Mary Sue was creeping him out so badly.

Mary Sue then dueled Tea. After a long drawn out battle, Mary Sue won. Honda secretly thought that Tea had let her win, but didn't say anything. This theory was soon dashed to pieces as she began to duel Yugi. Yugi kept asking her if she was sure she didn't know what she was doing with every move she made.

"Yes, I'm sure that I've never played before. Why am I doing something wrong." She asked.

Yugi at last managed to defeat her with `The Dark Magician.'

Her eyes widened in disbelief, which she quickly covered with a smile. "Good game. Thank you very much for teaching me, Yugi."

"No problem." Yugi said, watching her with an unidentifiable look on his face.

She rose smoothly to her feet. "I hate to have to go this soon, but I'm afraid I must."

"Do you need want someone to walk you home?" Tea asked.

"No, I'm fine." She said, with that 1000-watt smile of hers.

"I can walk her home." Honda said getting up also. "I was just about to go home anyway."

Mary Sue's expression didn't change, but Honda thought he detected an air of triumph about her.

"That would be fine, also. Thank you for offering, Honda."

"The pleasures all mine." Honda said politely, grabbing his bag.

"Would you please give these to Ryou?" Mary Sue asked, handing Yugi Ryou's deck. "I'm sure that you'll see him before I do."

"Of course." Yugi agreed. "See you both tomorrow!"

"Good-bye!"

"Bye!"

As soon as the door shut behind Honda and Mary Sue, Yami appeared. "Okay that was very weird!"

"You said it!" Tea agreed.

Just then, the door opened again, and Ryou and Joey followed by Yami Bakura and Yami Malik came in.

"I think maybe Honda might b right." Yami said.

"Right about what?" Ryou asked. Seeing his deck on the table, he picked it up. "How'd the duel go."

"She just about won." Yugi replied. "If Yami hadn't helped me she would have. She almost did anyway."

Yami Malik and Yami Bakura were deep in discussion about something or other, and didn't even bother to look up.

"Really! But I thought she just learned how to play today. How could she become that good that fast?" Joey asked.

"I don't know. It's kind of odd now that I think about it, that she knew exactly what to say to every single person to make him or her like her. Kind of creepy." Tea put in.

"Maybe she's just super friendly. That's not a crime." Ryou defended her.

"But if she's super friendly why didn't she make an effort to meet Honda." Yugi asked.

"But she did this morning, and Honda wouldn't talk to her. He just kind of stared." Tea pointed out. "I don't know if I'd talk to someone like that on the first day of a new school."

"Honda was acting pretty freaky." Joey agreed. Then he laughed. "Don't tell Honda that I told you this, but today in the locker room I asked him what was wrong, and he said that he thought that Mary Sue was out to get him."

Tea smiled. "He does have quite the imagination, doesn't he?"

She was about to say more, when she realized that Yami Malik and Yami Bakura were staring at her.

"What?" She asked, shifting uncomfortably.

"Who did you say Honda thought was out to get him?"

"A new transfer student, Mary Sue."

Yami Malik paled. "Oh, no! Not her again!

"Her who? That name means something to you?" Yami asked. "Who is she? What is she?"

Yami Bakura sighed. "She's a creature of great evil, and unimaginable destruction. I haven't heard of her kind in so long that I thought that they had all been destroyed. I guess I was wrong."

"Tell me!" Yami ordered.

Yami Bakura smiled. "As you wish, but it's not a pretty story."

Yami leaned forward intently as Yami Bakura began to tell his troubled tale.