Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Master Thief Yami Yuugi ❯ The World's Greatest Thief ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Master Thief Yami Yuugi

Chapter 1: The World's Greatest Thief

Disclaimer: I don't own YGO.

----

The kingdom of Maza is ruled by the king Mazaki along with his queen and daughter, Anzu, at his side. Usually the kingdom was a quiet and safe place. However, this day would not be like that. A thief had gotten into the kingdom and robbed the king...But not just any thief. This thief was the best of all the thieves; no one could catch him--no matter what. He had been known as the best thief ever since he robbed a king, a very powerful and rich king. Which is how he got his name; Master Thief Yami Yuugi.

---

"How exciting." Princess of the Maza kingdom, Anzu, mused as she watched the main town's people and guards in anger while on her room balcony.

"...Right now the greatest thief is down there....But I can't see well from here!"

---

"I order you to come down there thief! You are under arrest!" A guard with a hairy beard called up to the figure on a roof top. This man did not look pleased at all. This was because he and the other guards had been chasing the thief all around town all day. Obviously the thief had not been taking their orders seriously. He had been toying with them all day. Yet, the wild goose chase had come to an end...Or did it?

"You all have been lucky enough to keep up with me all day, you know that?" The thief gave a smirk, which then changed to a face expression that looked like a child thinking. "...Though, I kinda remember I was going easy on you guys to let you keep up with me." His face expression changed to a smirk while closing his eyes. "So I guess you could say I have been toying with you...Don't you all think so?"

"That's enough talking you bastard!" The head of guards stepped forward.

"However..." The spiky-haired figure lifted his finger. "Another problem has gotten in the way for you to be able to catch me..." He tightened his grip on the brown bag he held in his other hand.

"What might that be?" The main guard spoke to the thief again; he seemed even more annoyed this time though.

"It is dark now." The thief showed a happy grin. "Which now means when I will actually try my best to get away...you will have a less chance of keeping up with me."

The thief took two steps back, and then stopped. He put his hands on his waist, still holding the brown bag. The guards looked at him, confused about what he was about to do.

"I am the greatest thief ever! Wahahahahaha!!!" Laughed the thief. Before he started to speak again, a guard threw a rock at his jaw, causing the thief to fall backwards off the roof.

"Get him!" A guard called out. When the group rushed over to the other side of the building where the thief had fallen, he was no where to be found.

-----------

"I wonder what it's like to go on adventures around the world..." Sighed Anzu.

"Being a princess is so boring." She continued to speak to herself as she turned around and headed back to the inside of her room.

"Oh really?" A voice replied.

"What?! Who's there!" In seconds Anzu turned around back to face her balcony only to face the thief, Yami Yuugi himself sitting on the balcony rail.

"Phew! It really was an exercise to get away from those guards. I'm just glad I don't have to run anymore. I don't think they will find me here, do you think they will?" Yami Yuugi stepped down.

"Get back!" Ordered Anzu. "You're that thief! Stay away from me!"

"But I heard you wanted to know what it's like to go on adventures...I'm going to tell you right now it's very fun." As he spoke he stepped closer and closer to Anzu.

"...So why don't you come with me?" He held out his hand.

"No way! I don't even know you! You could be some killer or rapist or something!" Seeing her moment to defend herself, she grabbed a sword that was in a plant pot near her.

"I always told father this sword would come in handy someday." Smirked Anzu.

"Come on...I don't wanna fight you...You know you can't beat me. Plus, I wouldn't want to ruin your pretty dress." Chuckled Yami Yuugi.

"You think I can't beat you? Just try me!" Anzu charged at the thief with her sword and swung it at him with all her might. Yami Yuugi dodged it with ease.

She tried to hit the thief with her sword again, but he dodged once more.

"Hey, you're pretty good for a princess." Spoke Yami Yuugi as he continued to dodge more of Anzu's attacks.

"I was taught a thing or two." While missing the thief again, she grinned.

It continued to go on like this. Anzu tries to stab Yami Yuugi, he dodges. Yami Yuugi runs around like an idiot, then Anzu tires to stab him again. What a scene! The same thing goes on over and over. This has got to be the best scene in the whole chapter! Sarcasm is in the air...

"Just die!" The princess slashed Yami Yuugi's brown bag. Gold coins fell out while Yami Yuugi jumped away from Anzu. She cut open the bag of gold Yami Yuugi had stolen and missed her target.

"Now, now..." In a split second Yami Yuugi snatched the sword from Anzu.

"See? You can't beat me." He bowed numerous times as if he had finished an act. "...Beautiful performance done by the master thief, Yami Yuugi and the wonderful princess Mazaki Anzu."

"Stop it! Stop acting like this is a game you jerk!" Stomped Anzu in frustration.

Yami Yuugi tossed the sword to the side of him and walked over to Anzu. He put his arm around her as they were buddies.

"See, you said being a princess is boring...So come with me!" He retracted his arm from Anzu.

"It sounds promising, but no thank you Mr. thief." And with that said, Anzu turned around once more and headed into her room.

"Wait!" The thief ran after her and pulled her lightly back out to the balcony.

"Come on. What do you have to lose? Trust me, it will be fun if you come." Again, Yami Yuugi held out his hand to her.

"You won't get this opportunity again, miss Mazaki. Besides, if I wanted to kill you I would have done it the minute I met you...So no worries." He gave her a friendly wink.

"I've always wanted to go outside of the castle, but my family wouldn't let me. So maybe I should go with you...Should I?" Anzu thought aloud, trying to annoy the thief, but he was too busy picking up all the gold that he dropped during the fight they had.

"Look at this face." Yami Yuugi pointed to his face. "How could you not trust this face?"

"Here I thought the greatest thief was tough and scary...You're nothing like that!" Anzu burst out into laughter.

"Hey! I am tough and scary!" Yami Yuugi stood up tall while sticking his chest out. While doing that he dropped all the gold he had just finished picking up.

"Dammit!" He quickly leaped to the floor and began to pick up his treasures again.

`Hehe.." Before laughter came out again, Anzu covered her mouth.

"I could be tough and scary all the time...But that wouldn't make this story interesting, now would it?" After collecting his gold, Yami Yuugi jumped up off the floor and walked up to Anzu.

"So? Will you come with me?"

"Ok I'll come with you, but on one condition..." Smiled the brunette.

"Say it and it is done!" Bowed down the thief.

"Give me back the necklace you took off me." Mazaki Anzu looked at him with a `I-know-what-you-did' smile.

"Dammit. Fine." He slipped the expensive looking necklace out of his pocket and into the princess' hands.

"Then it's settled! I'll go get some gold I have conveniently hidden in my room so I can buy an outfit and other stuff with you!" The princess Anzu ran into her room AGAIN and came back out with the bottom of her dress ripped, so she could run and two brown bags-one full and one empty.

"What's the empty bag for?" Asked Yami Yuugi while he had his gold in his hands.

"For the gold in your hands, idiot." She tossed the bag on top of his gold and walked to the rail of the balcony.

In anger Yami Yuugi held out his fist while shaking it "How dare you call me an idiot! You're the idiot! Not me!"

Clink clink clink. All the gold falls on the floor again. All of it still looking shinny and pretty-as if it was taunting the thief.

"Awe dammit!"

And the adventure begins!

To Be Continued

---------

Read and review please!