Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Medieval Yugioh ❯ The Nightmare Begins ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Yugioh in any way, shape, or form.

Flames: Will be used to burn shadi, Weevil, Tea, and bandit keith

Rex Raptor had lived alone all his life. He had never known his parents, and made sure never to be in an orphanage. But he had known one thing. He was destined to guard the millennium grail. It had many powers that he never thought could even be possible, until the one day that would change his life forever.
He was just taking one of his regular bathing, when someone, with long, white, spiky hair came up to the millennium grail.
"My millennium ring tells me that this giant golden cup is another millennium item. Perfect for my collection." Smiled the stranger.
"Hey, just what do you think you are doing!" Said Rex, who only had a towel on.
"THIS!" Yelled the stranger, as his millennium item glowed and he held up a duel monster card.
Rex was frozen! The stranger approached the millennium grail, and the grail began to glow too. The two were mow sporting a blank stare of awe, as the world changed before their eyes.

Yugi awoke with a start. There was something strange going on.
"Yugi, what is the matter?" inquired Yami.
"In a dream I saw Rex Raptor!" said Yugi. Then he pushed the button on his millennium puzzle that made him 'yugioh!'.
Yugi ran out in his 'stupid, yet cute bunny' pajamas, to join his friends, who were so confused that they were in pajamas too. Domino town was different. The world was medieval.
"What happened?" said Tea.
"I don't know Tea, but maybe it has something to do with my dream about Rex Raptor." said Yugi.
"Yug, don't tell me that you are...." Joey tried to say the last word, but Tea covered his mouth. Suddenly, a Kaibacorp guy said to Yugi,
"Yugi, you have been challenged to a duel at the Kaiba Castle."
"KAIBA! Why does he always want to duel when I'm doing something! Must save world...."

Espa Roba was a bit confused by this medieval change, but wasn't alarmed by it. Maybe it was because his history class teacher had assigned him to do a report on the middle ages.
"Roba! You've got to help me!"
Espa tilted his head slightly, to see Rex Raptor coming towards him with great haste.
"The millennium grail has been stolen! Roba! Have you seen anybody with white haiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!"
"Well, I have seen a white hare, but I don't know anyone who owns one."
Rex tugged on Espa's long hair, pulling some in front of the 17-year-old's face.
"That's the hair I'm talking about, stupid!"
"Oh, I have seen a person with white hair."
"WHEN!"
"Two days ago."

"WHAT! Wait. This is a waste of my time; no one will help me. I'm on my own."
"Wait, I can be helpful! I've got a sword!"
"Well okay, but we have to find Mako and Weevil first."

Bakura ran, laughing hysterically, he turned behind him to make sure that the featherhead with the red hat wasn't chasing him. Finally, he had retrieved the most powerful millennium item, the millennium grail.
"Mwhahahahahaha! Those fools will never catch me OWWW!" Poor Bakura, I guess he should have watched where he was going, for, he had run into a streetlight.
"Hey guys, I found Bakura!" said Tristan.
"Where'd Yugi go again?" Asked Tea.
"Don't you remember anything without Yugi around to help you Tea?" Asked Joey.
"Hey, where'd Serenity go?" asked Duke.
"Not you too!" Said Jou.

"ROBA!!!! YOU DO NOT HAVE A *hack hack* SWORD!" steamed Rex.
"Whoops! I must have been getting life confused with the dream I had last night. I dreamed that Tea was running in a circle around Kaiba, who was waving a stick around like he was trying to smack Tea. Then, it began snowing monkeys, and Mako hid in a pineapple, which was under the sea, while the evil erasers of doom planned to take over the world by turning people into killer octopus! Then, I woke up. But I wasn't awake, because my mom had a cutlass, and was acting like a pirate. Then sully from 'monsters Inc' was doing the can-can in a skirt, which a thought was funny, until Mokuba came, then I was very sad for some reason. Then I got turned into a deamond and was using a machine gun to burn down kaibacorp. Then, I had a sword, and almost killed Joey, who turned into the 'Hulk' when my girlfriend came and made Joey Hulk play football, and when Joey Hulk melted, Mai gave you a kiss, and I dissected a squid. Then I woke up. Infact, I'm not sure if I'm really awake right now!" Said Espa.
"This is a waste of my time. I need to go find the millennium grail." Sighed Rex.
"Okay, Dreamrex." Said Espa, daftly.

Serenity loved her new gold cup. She had picked it up, and she had meant to give it to Bakura, but she was transported far away from her friends. As she looked around to try to find out where she was, she spotted someone with a red hat, long brown hair with purple bangs, and his head was down.

Hello there!" Serenity said.
Rex lifted his head, and he was overjoyed to see that the girl who had called him had the millennium grail! He ran up to Serenity, and said,
"Hi, I see you have something that I was looking for; could I please have it back?"
"No. It is my cup!"
Suddenly, the grail was between the two, who were immediately fighting over it.
"Just give it to me!" said Serenity.
"You have no idea of what powers that thing has!" Objected Rex.
"All the gold in the world is mine to keep!"
"It isn't a toy meant to be played with!"
"Ahh! Thief!"
"Look who's calling who a thief!"
Seto Kaiba had taken the millennium grail into one of his helicopters. When the grail was almost into the 'chopper' Rex sprang up and cracked the grail with his fists. He fell to the ground.

Ahh! Look what you did to MY cup! " Said Serenity

"What do you mean YOUR cup! And by the way, if it's in pieces I can restore it!" Said Rex.

Seto Kaiba flicked a small gold coin between his fingers. He may have failed to get some bigger gold (planning to sell it at some antique site for big bucks), but he was expecting a visitor. The door opened slightly, and the CEO shot to attention. It was Yugi. Kaiba smiled slightly, but he was nowhere near being in a good mood.
"Kaiba, I have come. What do you want?" said Yugi.
"I want to know why domino town looks like medieval England! We are in Japan, not Europe! I am guessing that you and your friends decorated the town like this! Turn it back now Yugi!" yelled the enraged CEO.
"KAIBA! Why are you blaming my friends and me for this? We didn't do it!"
"Because I can."
This is almost interesting. Kaiba thought. I should blame Yugi for these things more often. It feels good. Kaiba looked at Yugi and said;
"Well Yugi, are we going to duel, or what?"
"KAIBA! One thing is for you to bug me about dueling when I'm busy, but it's a completely different thing for you to ask me to duel, without my dueling deck!

" Hollered Yugi. Kaiba paid no attention. He was going to duel all right, but not the kind of dueling that Yugi was used to.

Ryou Bakura opened his eyes. He then gasped. Was he in England? If he was, he had gone back in time. He soon realized he wasn't, for Joey was looking at him.
"He lives!" called Joey to Tea.
Tea came up with a bowl of soup and a mushroom pasty for Ryou.
"What happened?" asked a puzzled Ryou.
"Well, it's kind of hard to explain. I woke up this morning, and domino town looked like something from the "Lord of the Rings" said Joey. "We came outside, and saw you out here by the streetlight, incautious. You had this huge gold thing near you that looked like a goblet, and Serenity said she'd hold it for you."
"Where's Yugi and Serenity?"
"Yugi had to go to the Kaiba castle to duel Kaiba, and Serenity must have run off, because we can't find her."
A huge bird flew overhead.
"Whoa! The monsters must be here too!" said Duke.
Ryou just sat quietly, sipping his soup. He would have to have a talk with his Yami later.

Clicki-tick! Clicki-tack! Clicki-tick! Cliki-tack!
Mako was coming to the domino shire. Weevil was behind him, clicking coconuts together. Mako was looking for a job so he would have enough money for a new boat.
Ka-Caw! Cha-Caw! Ka-Caw! Cha-Caw!
Mako was coming to the domino shire. Weevil had spotted a screeching roc. Mako was looking for his dad.
Spa-splish! Spa-splash! Spa-splish! Spa-splash!
Mako was coming to the domino shire. Weevil gazed at the monsters on a cliff, looming overhead. Mako didn't care.
Mako was coming to the domino shire!

Espa Roba seemed to be having a fevered dream; but it took him a few moments to realize that he was not in any one of his stupid dreams, because within 2 minutes of the dream's start, something weird would happen. He was at some ancient ruin, with nothing but a T-shirt, a pair of shorts, and some sandals on. Was he on vacation? He wandered to the door of this ancient temple, and surprisingly, it opened at his touch. Roba wandered in, and saw that he had to go through many levels of this palace.
After running through halls with arrows that flamed, Swimming through water, trying to catch a ride on a giant stone snake, being chased by a giant stone ball, and walking on magic walls, he was in a room with a mural in it. There was also a sword in there. The mural had a picture of a guy who looked like him on it, holding the sword, and slaying a great monster. Espa ventured near the sword, and a creature dropped down in front of him.
"Who goes there!" screeched the beast that was in front of him.
"Espa Roba." said Roba, as he edged near the door.
"Roba? I know of a Roba, but he has been dead for many moons now." said the creature. "I am griffin, guardian of the temple. I believe this sword should be yours. I see warrior in you."
Griffin tossed the long sword in its scabbard to Roba. Then some light flashed and circled around him and the next thing he knew he was being shaken awake by his little brothers.

"What happened?" asked a puzzled Ryou.
"Well, it's kind of hard to explain. I woke up this morning, and domino town looked like something from the "Lord of the Rings" said Joey. "We came outside, and saw you out here by the streetlight, uncautious. You had this huge gold thing near you that looked like a goblet, and Serenity said she'd hold it for you."
"Where's Yugi and Serenity?"
"Yugi had to go to the Kaiba castle to duel Kaiba, and Serenity must have run off."

Rex Raptor sensed that some of the pieces of the millennium grail were in the temple in front of him. He also knew that Serenity was searching for them, as she had stated it in his face. He wandered in, in an ungainly fashion, to see that there was a perfectly crafted crossbow in there. He wanted it, and it would fit with the medieval theme. He jumped and glided towards it with a hang glider. Suddenly fire shot out at him.
"Ahh! Stupid booby-traps!" said Rex, as he backed away.
There was a breathing sound, as a huge dragon slunk out of a corner, and into the way of Rex. It showed its teeth. Rex made a reckless and hasty move, as he dived for the crossbow. The dragon roared, and the dark, dank temple room lit up. Rex could see three pieces of the grail in the corner, and he made a mad rush for them, while shooting arrows at the dragon. The dragon snorted fire, and pounced on Rex.
Suddenly, the dragon shot dead, and the temple was black. It was a plague.

"Tell me what have you done now Yami!" said Ryou. "I'm pretty sure you've been after the millennium items again!"
"You are correct. I have been after the most powerful of all of them. I don't care if your weak little body gets hurt, for at the same time, I am looking for a new host to feed upon!" Hissed Bakura.
"Listen up! I should be making up the rules here!"
"And I should be the queen of England! Listen up you foolish boy, those things will never happen! Once I get a new body, I shall leave you bleeding, far from your friends, family, and home!"
"You wouldn't! After all I've done for you!"
"I could just banish your mind to the shadows!"
"Ugh! You heartless beast! I guess you'll never change your ways."
"And I'm glad, too."
Ryou gave up trying to change his Yami. It was as hopeless as making Noa alive again

Noa Kaiba longed to be outside of the prison of his computer. He hoped some traveler would come and fall into the ocean so he would have a body to reside in. But this thought only made him more determined to get out. He wanted a cheese sandwich really, really badly. Noa pushed a few buttons on the chair he was sitting on, making the computer move underwater like a submarine to the closest boat.
"Eat this!" He yelled as the computer shot missiles, scuttling the boat.
As he was smiling, he noticed that no one was in the filthy boat. What bad luck. Poor Noa. He was pulling out some of his hair over the dumb miscalculation.
"Computer, get me some holographic meatloaf and some ninjamon cards." Said Noa.
The computer obeyed, and said,
"I must obey my thirst."
Noa ate his holographic meatloaf quicker than usual. Time was on his side. He grabbed some popcorn and pushed a few buttons on his chair, making the chair comfy, and his TV turn on. Pamypom was on.

Maximillion Pegasus was having a tea with Marik. Pegi was having tea and crumpets, while Marik was having sugar and coffee. Isizu and Shadi were watching 'Pamypom' on TV.
"What ever happened to those rare hunters? Asked Pegi.
"I set most of them free. Some are still mind slaves, because they were thick-headed enough to say that they wanted to." Said Marik.
"Oh. I wonder if there's anyone in the shadow realm?"
Pegasus turned on his 'shadow realm' TV ruining Ishizu and Shadi's fun. They blamed Odion for it, and Ishizu said that the only way to settle it was Egyptian sumo.
While Ishizu, Shadi, and Odion were beating the stuffing's out of eachother, Marik and Pegi were viewing Bones, Sid, and Zygore wandering the shadow realm. They laughed like it was a comedy TV show (like the Simpson's) as the bumbling fools continued to wander the shadows. Suddenly, the three were knocked uncatious by some shadowy-shapes. Marik laughed until coffee came out of his nose.

In the shadow realm Bones woke up and found that he was in wooden cage, surrounded by tiny bug monsters.
"Biggahuman wakeaup!" said one that had a stick and was prodding Bones. Bones rubbed his head and found there was a lump on it the size of a hedgehog.
"Hahahahaha! Biggahuman stillasleepy fromabangalang onahead! Hahahahahahaha!" Laughed the little bug.
"You better stop laughing before I give you a bangalang onayourahead!"
" Hahahahahahahaha! Biggahuman noaspeaka correctagrammer! Hahahahahahahaha!"
Bones grabbed one end of the stick, and hit the bug monster on the head.
"Owaowaowaow! Noahitame onahead biggahuman!"
"Uggaqueen acomeacome!" shouted another bug creature.

Clickitick-clickitack! Mako was at the domino shire! But right now he was viewing a very strange sight. He had seen Rex Raptor scramble out of an old ruin, and there was a noise somewhat like the gnashing of a wild animal's teeth, as Rex tried to hold the door shut. There was another dragon! Mako was amazed when he saw what looked like a dragon trying to get out. Mako saw that Rex had a crossbow clenched in his sweaty hand, and Mako grabbed a large stick, walked up to the door, and thonked the dragon right on it's head. The beast fell down, knocked out. Joey came trotting down the road, when he saw Mako and Rex. He also saw the crossbow.
"Hey, where'd you get that crossbow-happy-fun?" He said.
"In that ruin." Panted Rex.
"I want a medieval weapon-happy-fun!"
"Well, then you're just going to have to ask Mr. Dragon-happy-fun for one."
"WANT NOW!"
"NOT NOW WHEELER!"
Mako, now had a clue. He tried to reason with them.
"Hey, why don't I just go into the ruin and find one for you, Joey." Said Mako.
"That's a deal-happy-fun!" Said Joey.
And so, Mako entered the dark ruin.

But where was Weevil at that time? He had wandered off, to a cave, after following a bug monster. At the cave, he saw insect queen and many other bug monsters, and they were surrounding three guys, tied to poles, over a fire pit. But the fire wasn't going. One bug creature that was in his deck saw him.
"Ahh! Itabe Weevala! Weevala comeacome toagetaus! Uggaqueen! Itabe Weevala!" Squealed the monster.
"Why Weevala comeacome toacookafire? Cookafire notafor Weevala. Weevala! Whatayou wantawant?" Said insect queen.
Weevil learned the simple language quickly.
"Weevala wantayou toleta biggahumans goahome!" said Weevil.
"Noacanado Weevala, itafood forababe!" Said insect queen.
"Babeaisaclimbing! Rocaroc isaattacking Uggaqueen'sababe!"
"Eh? Ahh! Uggababeagonnabeaeatenabyarocaroc!"
Weevil started to climb the slippery slope. He would get Insect queen's baby, even if it meant risking his life.

Espa was just on his way to get his brothers when he spotted Joey looking very jealous of somthing. He tryed to get away from Joey, as not to bring back any memories, but it was too late. Espa was surrounded, because the corner he had turned had the school bully coming up it.
"Hello, wimp" said the bully. (Try to think of a name for him 'cause I'm thinking of a series of unfortunate events for him)
Espa turned and started scrambling the other direction. He tripped and fell in front of Joey.
"Roba?" Said Joey.
The bully turned away. "Should've gotten fajitas." He mumbled to himself.
" Hey Roba, long time since we met" Joey said.
Espa nodded slightly, as he tried his best not to remember. But Joey had started telling it. Espa focused on something different. (He's thinking about that one big five guy who was a robot, doing a dance and singing 'Santa Claus is coming to town'

Mako was socializing with Rex, as they walked away from the temple, and into Domino Town. They were wondering how the others were faring, when it hit them.

"Rex, have you seen Weevil around here? He was following me before." Asked Mako.

"No, I haven't seen him all day." Answered Rex.

"What? The little weed must have gotten lost. I'll scold him for wandering off later. I'm his bodyguard for now because his parents are on a business trip."

"Oh. But where did Joey go?"

"He ran off to Domino Town."

As they entered the town, evil plots were going on elsewhere….