Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Medieval Yugioh ❯ The Trek ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: If I owned yugioh, the show would revolve around lesser characters, not Yugi and his friends.

Flames: Will burn the cookies! You don't want to burn the cookies now, do you?

The sun began to appear over the horizon, as Mai and Serenity, who were swabbing the deck, caught a glimpse of land. Where were they going?

"Land. Our first chance to escape." Breathed Mai.

Serenity had heard this, but she had doubts, and worries. What if they couldn't escape? What if they tried to but were killed? What if Joey wasn't searching for her? She nearly burst into tears at the last thought.

Meanwhile, the other slaves were planning for escape themselves. While no one was looking, Maelstrom began to whisper.

"Maybe when we get to land, we can sneak away from them while they're sleeping!"

"No, the noises of our chains would wake them up." Sighed Seto.

Suddenly, Nomad took something out of his pocket. All of them gasped at the dagger.

"Zealot and Lobo found it when they were cleaning the cabin. One of those meanies must have dropped it." He said. "We could open the locks with it."

They smiled and nodded.

***

Later that day, Mai and Serenity could notice that the shore had no beaches, but it was a rocky coastline. It almost looked gloomy. Bakura strutted onto the deck, looked at the land, and smiled. They would dock soon, at the land of Greece.

Sergeant Jinzo got off of the griffin, and began to walk towards the Serpent's castle. This isle looked like it had been peaceful once, but Night Dragon had transformed the look of the place to his liking. All sorts of small dragon and dinosaur monsters patrolled the area, but one look at Jinzo made them sure that they didn't want to have any business with him. Jinzo started up the steps of the castle. He would have a talk with his old messmate.

Noa Kaiba was confused. Some light from above the water had engulfed his computer, and now he was in slightly warmer temperatures of it. Noa told his computer to go to the surface, but it wouldn't listen to him. Infact, the computer began to play the song "hot hot hot" instead of listening to its master. Noa suddenly was blasted to the top of the computer, actually, right on top of it. He was outside of the computer. Noa looked around. He was in his own body! But how… was it something that the flash did, or was it something else? Noa had no time for questions though, for he saw a sailing craft coming his way. He waved his arms and called for the ship, which came directly at him. Unfortunately, this ship, was the rustbucket.

The rescue team wasn't as confused as Noa, for they had no idea that they were between Egypt, and Greece. The only thing they were confused about was the light… and how Mako got to be such a good cook!

Mako had served the ship's crew with a shrimp stew with salmon bread on the side. Everyone was basking in the warm sun, sometimes diving into the sea, but overall, it was peaceful. It was Joey (puking from too much fizzy fruit cup) and Yugi (also puking, except his was from seasickness) who discovered land on the horizon.

"Land *hurl* Ho!" they shouted together.

Mokuba scrambled on deck. He hoped Seto was Ok, but he had his doubts. Also, he hoped his friends were okay too, but mostly his big brother. If only he could just hear Seto's voice again, Mokuba knew he would have the strength to bring him through.

"You miss your big brother, don't you." Said a voice from behind Moki.

Mokuba turned around, and saw Espa Roba gazing into the ocean, behind him.

"And you're probably hoping that your brother's are doing ok also, Roba." Said Mokuba.

"I have twice the problems as you; for 3 of them, Lobo, Zealot, and Nomad are who knows where, while the baby might be mutilated right now, back at kaiba castle!" snorted Espa.

"Ha! Your worst worries of mutilation that will come true back there are plushy mutilations!"

"But I still have worries about those robots we saw. I swear I saw Jinzo with them. I hope Jinzo isn't being a naughty boy; or else I'll have to send him to stand in the corner!"

Both laughed as if they had been friends forever. None of them knew of the perils that lay in the land ahead of them and the battles of blood that they would have to fight.

***

Bakura docked his ship the next morn. Noa was the newest slave in the slave line, and he was very crabby about this. Bakura led the rare hunters onto the land, followed by the slaves. There wasn't far to travel, before they had found cliffs, engulfed in mist. Bakura took out a whip, and shouted:

" Climb fools! Climb!"

All began to climb except for Bakura who motivated them with his whip. The grueling traverse up the steep slope had begun!

The slaves weren't too pleased about this, though.

"How are we supposed to (oww…) climb this monster with these chains on?" asked Noa.

"Don't ask me, but if we stop, I have a feeling that we're not going to live much longer." Answered Mai.

"Noa, I have a question for you. If you're dead, then how are you climbing with us?" asked Seto.

"Yeah! That's what we want to know!" growled Serenity.

The other slaves, who disapproved fighting, were quietly singing or humming songs to themselves. For example, the little Robas were humming 80s songs to themselves to cheer them up. (Lobo was humming "It's still rock and roll to me", Zealot "She drives me crazy", and Nomad "What I like about you") Bones and his pals were singing (rather poorly I might add) random songs. (Bones was singing "The beat goes on" Zygore "I feel so pretty" Sid "Kung fu fighting") Seto joined in singing disco songs, along with Serenity, Mai, and Noa (Seto and Noa did a duet of "More than a woman" Mai sung "If I can't have you" and Serenity did "Heart of glass"). Soon the cliff was teeming with music, infact, a few of the rare hunters joined in. By that time, Bakura was climbing also, so he couldn't whip them.

When they were done climbing, they were all flustered, and Bakura rewarded them with a severe whipping.

"Oh my god." Breathed Espa Roba, as he looked up at the misty Cliffside.

The ship had not docked yet, but the sight of the cliffs from offshore was enough to crush your hopes.

"How are we supposed to get up there?" said Espa.

"I don't know, but if we are going to save our loved ones, then we must." Said Yugi.

"I've already climbed up enough cliffs this week!" said Weevil.

"When?" asked Joey.

"When I was rescuing the pompous fools Bones, Sid and Zygore, I had to climb up a cliff to save a robot bug from a roc."

Espa, Mako and Rex nearly burst into tears laughing at this statement.

"Whoohoohahahaha! No more, or else I'm going to die laughing!" said Espa.

"It's true." Scoffed Weevil.

"We've stopped." Said Moki.

"What do you mean?" asked Joey.

"The boat stopped moving." Said Mako. "And I can see why, because we're at the shore."

Everyone got out of the ship. It was daybreak, so they didn't bother to start climbing, instead, they set up camp. Everyone told tales of their life around the campfire as they ate.

"We've heard a lot about everyone, except Weevil, Rex, and Espa. Would you tell us about your lives?" asked Yugi.

There were murmurs from the three boys, and then a silence.

"Anybody?" asked Yugi.

More silence.

"Well, I'm just going to call on someone! Let's see whom should I pick? Hmm… Let's draw straws!"

The winner was Rex.

"Well, I was like, in the desert, and I like, don't have a clue, and there's this grail, that I like, watch for no reason, and I like, don't have no parents, and stuff, you know what I'm saying? And then, like after years, and stuff, I like, found a stack of, you know what I'm saying? Then I like played duel monsters, and lost and won, and you know what I'm saying? And then, I like, was watching the grail, and this weird dude, you know what I'm saying?" Explained Rex.

"The only people here that don't have a clue are me and you, Rex. Me because I don't have a clue what you're saying, and you, because you don't have a clue that you're not making sense!" said Mako loudly.

"I'm sorry, I'll explain it better. The farthest back I can remember, is when I was in some kind of city. I could hear gunshots, and screams, and then it went black. When I woke up, I was in the desert. An old couple came and raised me, but they died when I was only eight. I lived alone, and guarded the grail, which was the only thing that was left with me. I found some duel monsters cards, and made a deck from them, then I played with them, hoping to be the champion someday. I was defeated, several times, and then, after Battle City, I returned to guard the grail. One day, I was taking a bath, when somebody with spiky, white hair, came, did something with his gold thing, and ran off with the grail! He also turned the world into this, medieval-type land." Said Rex.

"How sad!" said Yugi. "Now it's your turn Espa."

Espa Roba took a deep breath, and shouted,

" Need you know! `Tis torture for my mind to tell my story! There's nothing you can do to make me tell you!"

"OK, then it's your turn Weevil." Said Yugi.

Silence.

"Weevil?"

More silence.

Yugi looked over at Weevil, and discovered that he had fallen asleep!

Jinzo, in a business like manner, marched up to the dragon king, Serpent night dragon. The spoiled dragon was gnarled with jewels, gold, silver, and platinum. A smile came across the spoiled dragon's face, as he saw Jinzo.

"Ah, yes, my old messmate. Have you finally come to your senses, and decided to surrender?" He grinned.

"Of course not, you sheepish windbag! I have come, to ask you to help me take over a grand castle." Snarled Jinzo.

"So, you're great armies can't handle the humans! I laugh at you!"

"Say it to yourself. The only reason you could take over this castle is because it only had a few of the measly bunch in it. You couldn't handle even the thought of you against a real army, which is what I'm against!"

"What makes you think that I'll help you?"

"Because of this."

A cart was rolled in, with a box on it. The box was hurled open, and precious valuables poured out. The greedy dragon could not resist.

"'Tis a deal, messmate!"

The next morning was hot and dusty, and the slaves soon found this out, as they walked through a field.

"Hey… that… looks…like…a…acropolis… ahead…" panted Seto.

"It's bloody hot out here! I don't see how Bakura keeps walking ahead, looking rather confident!" said Mai angrily.

"We better keep quiet… we're wasting valuable energy talking, and it'll be a lot worse if you get tired, for not only will it hurt to breath, but they'll whip you if you slow down." Said Bones, licking dust off of his lips.

Bakura smiled. His first safe rest spot was ahead, and it contained his best whip. They would be there by midday.

Jinzo led ahead a double force of armies, alongside him, his messmate Serpent Night Dragon. The army of dragon, dinosaur, and machine monsters had a chance of defeating the humans. They were on the mainland, ahead; they spotted a horde of fishlike creatures, led by the legendary fisherman! Jinzo smiled. He would scoop up some more armies. The humans would regret the day they fought against him!

Of all the people who had climbed up the cliff face, Mokuba was the fastest. Scampering up the Cliffside was no problem for him, except once, when he used loose gravel as a foothold, and slipped. Luckily, he landed on Weevil's face, saving him from a fall that would have shattered his bones.

Unfortunately, for everyone else, it took most of the day to climb the massive wall of rock, and there were no large areas sticking out of the rock to rest and eat on. Yet, even through the difficulties, the whole crew survived the steep climb.

At the top of the cliffs, our heroes made camp for the night, unaware of what else they would have to face in their journey to Bakura.

Meanwhile, Bakura and the slaves had come to a sort of temple, where unknown to the slaves, was a pitstop for them, and a trap for everyone else. Only Bakura knew of a terrible demon fighting force that lived in the depths of the temple. One that could wipe out Mokuba, Espa, Yugi, and their friends completely. Bakura left the slaves to the rare hunters, as he began to trek down to his treasures.

The slaves thought this time without Bakura as a perfect time to mourn about the people they loved.

"Moki will be alone without me." Weeped Seto.

"We…we…miss…Espa!" The Roba brothers sobbed.

"Joey, I hope you're still out there…" Serenity cried.

"We're all alone!" sniffled Mai, Sid, Zygore, and Bones.

The rare hunters were amused. They liked the sound of pain and misery, so they began to laugh at the pain of the slaves. Only one of the slaves hadn't spoken up at all, for he was sneaking up on one of the rare hunters.

The rare hunter known as the silent one, let out a scream, as he fell. The rare hunters turned to see the silent one dead on the floor, strangled to death. Near him stood Maelstrom Tsunami, smiling.

"Evil does not deserve to live." He stated coolly.

Arcana the rare hunter's face was a mask of fear, as the fisherman, now holding a knife, unlocked his chains, and pointed the knife at him.

Suddenly, Maelstrom toppled over in pain with a cry of surprise. A wound in the shape of a dotted line was now in his back, with Bakura standing 3 yards away, a cruel, yet mad grin across his face, as he showed off a new, whip. The difference with this whip was that it was barbed.

"Chain up the slave now. He is not dead, fools." Stated Bakura.

The rare hunters, in terror did just that. Now they knew by proof that any false move would mean death.

***

The next morn, all the questors were still asleep, after the tiring process of scaling the cliff. Now in a wide prairie, only Espa was awake. Something about this land was homely to him, yet he didn't know why. Perhaps something in the past…a home he had never known…No! It couldn't be! He had lived far from this area in his past days, in a painful life. He was not from where the others thought he was from, for it was a lie to hide his disturbing past. Afraid that he would be overcome with battle fury, he kept his past to himself; after all, how was it any of their business?

"No! No! He's a traitor Joey, don't believe him! No! Damn! Joey, why? Why did you not listen to me? Somebody help! Nooooooooo!"

Yugi awoke in a cold sweat. Startled from his horrific nightmare, he pinched himself to make sure he was awake. He turned, to face the ration pack, which had been set near a rock on the far side of the camp. There, he saw Espa, with his dark green eyes that showed no emotion standing on the rock, facing away from the camp.

The violet-eyed boy couldn't help being curious.

"Espa, what are you doing up this early? Stealing vittles is something I'd only expect from Rex, Weevil, and Jou!" said he.

Not bothering to turn and face Yugi, Espa replied,

"You shouldn't be worrying about me stealing food, I haven't had a bite to eat all day. I could hear you screaming in your dreams. If you have to know what I'm doing, I'm patrolling; you don't want to be taken captive while you're sleeping, do you?"

Yugi somehow sensed that Espa wasn't telling the whole story to him. He sighed, and began to make a fire.

" Guess I might as well prepare some food, we don't want to be eating the wildlife."

Espa didn't reply. He looked in the distance, and saw and acropolis-like temple. There was a faraway and clouded look in the teen's dark eyes. The past troubled him, and it wasn't even his past.

"Zealot, what in the hell are you doing!" shouted Noa.

Zealot was walking towards a column, with the broken blade of the dagger that Maelstrom had used to slay the rare hunter the night before. His chains clanged together as he trotted to the column, with filmed eyes, as if he was sleepwalking.

Noa was confused and worried, and awoke Lobo as he saw Zealot stop, and cut his arm open.

"Hey, why did you wake me up Noa?" yawned Lobo.

"Just take a look at what your brother is doing!" hissed Noa.

It took Lobo just one look at Zealot, for him to panic.

"Holy crap! Zealot what are you doing to yourself! Quit rubbing your blood all over that column! What is that you're writing? Zealot! Wake up!"

As soon as Zealot was finished engraving a message in the column with the broken dagger, right on the blood he had rubbed on it, he seemed to snap into reality.

"Now you're finally awake! What did you think you were doing!" scolded Lobo.

A look of confusion came across Zealot.

"What? What did I do?" he asked.

Noa and Lobo exchanged wry glances. Zealot had been possessed!