Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Meeting My Yami ❯ Traveling ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ryou: Hello, where is everyone?

Seto: I don't know.

Joey: Sheesh, the authoress is never late, especially when it comes to torturing us.

Tristan: Hey wait a second. *picks up a note*

Hey Yu-Gi-Oh gang,

I'm sure you're wondering why we're not there. My yami and I are on vacation, courtesy of Bleeding Angel. I have invited Yami, Yugi, Mirai, Calin, Ray, Kai, Tyson, Max, and Kenny. I have sent someone to keep an eye on the lot of you. Be back soon. Wingzero

Yami Bakura: FINALLY!!!! I'd though we'd never be rid of her.

Ryou: I wouldn't say that if I were you.

Yami Bakura: What?

Heero: So you must be the ones my gundam asked to baby-sit?

Yami Bakura: *sneers* Like we'll ever listen to you!

Heero: *has Y. Bakura pinned to the ground with precise movements* You were saying?

Ryou: Please excuse my yami as he has a big mouth.

Yami Bakura: Grrrrr!

Ryou: There's another note here.

Dark Magician: Mirai - Yugi

Celtic Guardian: Calin - Yugi

Blue Eyes White Dragon - Arian -Yugi

Exodia: ?????? - Yugi

Curse of Dragon: ?????? - Yugi

Gaia the Fierce Knight: Gaia - Yugi

Mystic Elf: Celesia - Yugi

Flame Swordsman: Orion - Joey

Baby Dragon: ?????? - Joey

Time Wizard: ?????? - Joey

Red Eyes Black Dragon: ?????? - Joey

Cyber Commander: Cyan - Tristan

Change of Heart: Duo - Ryou

Blue Eyes White Dragon: Drake - Seto

Harpy's Ladies: ?????? - Mai

Joey: What do the question marks mean?

Seto: Duh, anyone can figure that one out. She hasn't chosen names for them.

Joey: I knew that.

Heero: You are all testing my patience. Now hurry up with the fic before I decide to kamikaze right here!

Ryou: Hehehehehehe. Wingzero does not own Yu-Gi-Oh, Gundam Wing, or Beyblade.

"WHAT!?!?!?!" everyone screamed at the top of their lungs.

Yami straightened himself. "The only person I know of that has a millennium item is Pegasus, but Bakura stole it somehow." He glared at the soul stealer, who just looked away. "From what I have been able to sense, that is the origin of the magic. I don't know if they have left the island, but it is the first real clue we have."

"Sure," Joey said sarcastically. "Why don't we just paint targets on us?"

"You're not being forced to come," Seto snapped.

"I didn't say I'd stay behind," Joey growled and almost looked like he was going to lunge at the billionaire. Orion stood ready just in case his master needed him.

"What about you guys?" I asked our duel monsters, who have remained quiet during the entire conversation.

"I will go wherever you go," Mirai spoke up.

"You can't leave me behind that easily," Calin chirped.

Arian growled saying that he would also come, and Drake also agreed.

"I will go with my master," Cyan stated.

"I also will follow my master," Orion said.

That left Duo, Change of Hearts. All of us turned to face the last duel monster. He argued with himself saying that it was a waste of time. The other half said they must help protect their friends. They kept on arguing until they noticed us looking at them with strange expressions. Ryou and Bakura both reached for their pain killers.

"What have the majority of the duel monsters say?"

"We all agreed to go," Mirai spoke up.

"Then we will go too," Duo said finally making up it's mind.

"Our Blue Eyes White Dragon will have to fly themselves," Seto announced. "My helicopter can't fit them. Every yami has to travel in his millennium item due to the lack of space. Everyone else will have to squeeze in and Mokuba will be staying here. I'll arrange for Tea to look out for you."

"But I can help," Tea protested.

"You don't even have a duel monster," Joey blatantly pointed out.

"Fine," Tea still protested. "But I want you guys to call every night. NO EXCUSE!!!!"

"Agreed," Yami said before anyone could reply.

"What about us?" Calin asked.

"Oh right," I remembered. "Our duel monsters will need a ride."

"Then we'll have to use a small plane, because I don't have enough room for everyone," Seto shook his head.

Arian and Drake both growled to get our attention. They basically said that they would be more than happy to carry their fellow duel monsters.

"That was taken care of," I said.

"What do you mean?" Joey asked, confused about what the two dragons had said.

"They said they are willing to carry our duel monsters," Seto said

"Mirai, Calin, and Orion will ride on Arian," Yami said. "Cyan and Duo will take Drake. I think that's all our duel monsters."

Slapping my forehead, I just remembered something. "What about school?" Today was only Monday and this trip will be more than one day. "I want to rescue my grandpa, but what are we going to do about school?"

"Did you have to mention that?" Joey groaned at the thought of more homework. We had just finished catching up only to face more of it.

"Just let me take care of that," Seto assured us. Somehow I wasn't too trusting of him, but he said he would do it. "I'll have the helicopter ready by tomorrow morning. That way, we can get an early start."

"Just how early," Yami asked. He wasn't a morning type of person.

"The usual school time," Seto answered. Joey groaned again. He also didn't like waking up early.

Mirai, Calin, Yami, and I rode on Arian's back all the way home. Our neighbors were completely surprised when we landed right on the street in front of the game shop. Pretty soon a whole crowd gathered around us. Arian managed to make his way to the backyard without causing severe property damage.

My other duel monsters gathered inside. Well, this was another fine mess we have gotten ourselves into. I wondered how long it would take to find and rescue my grandpa. Will he still be alive when I reach him?

A gentle touch landed on my shoulder. I looked up to see my Dark Magician worried. "We'll find him," he assured.

"Of course we will," I said knowing that I was partially lying. Staring out into the blank tv screen, I wondered are we doing the right thing? What if they're only using Grandpa as bait, but for what? YAMI!!! It dawned on me. What do they want with him?

/Yami?/

//Yes, Aibou?//

/Do you think they could be using Grandpa as bait?/

//I'd never thought of it.//

[Then it would have to be someone close to Grandpa.]

//I had thought of that. Yugi and myself are the closest.//

{Most likely it is you.}

/I also had the same idea./

[They're using Grandpa to get to you masters.]

///They'll have to try harder than that.///

{That's right. We won't let them get you without a fight!}

/We should avoid it if possible. Remember this is a rescue mission. I don't want anyone getting injured due to unnecessary fighting. Understand?/

///Understood.///

{Understood.}

[Understood.]

I just hoped I know what we were getting ourselves into. By the time evening came around, I had finished packing my belongings. We only planed to be away for a short while, but it helped to be prepared for the worst case. Maybe I can store some of it in my soul room.

At dinner it seemed kind of lonely. I kept looking at the empty place, where Grandpa used to eat. How I miss him. We're going to find you soon. I promise.

The next day, Yami had trouble waking up. Calin didn't require much sleep as he was an elf. Mirai was in the same state as Yami.

"We have to wake them up," I muttered.

Calin nodded his head in agreement. "Master?"

"Yes?"

"Could you wake them both?" An expression of confusion raced across my face. "I fear for my health." I started laughing at his comment. True, Yami wouldn't like being woken up neither would Mirai. As Yami's hikari and Mirai's master, they wouldn't come hunting me down if I woken them up early.

Yami and I slept in the same bed. I pulled off the covers only to have him turn around. This wasn't getting us anywhere. Then I jumped on the bed several times, causing Yami to fall off the bed with a loud thud. Yami stood up immediately and stood on guard against an unknown opponent. Calin and I were laughing our heads off at the sight.

"Very funny, Aibou. I'd like to see you try it some time," Yami grumbled.

"At least I wake up on time unlike some ancient spirits who need a kick in the behind to start their every morning," I smirked. Yami ruffled my hair. He couldn't stay mad at me for long.

Mirai had woken up from us laughing so hard. He stretched and yawned before joining our lovely conversation.

Breakfast seemed shorter than usual. Perhaps it was because we were trying to get our stuff ready. We had packed them last night, but we hadn't loaded them onto Arian. Imagine having to sleep with luggage tied to you. Not very comfortable, I might say. We decided to load it early in the morning.

As we were loading the last pieces onto him, a swarm of reporters moved our way. Oh no, why of all times, do they have to show up? I looked at Yami for support, but found his third eye glowing. He was preparing for an attack when I told him that it was wrong to kill them, even if they do deserve it.

Mirai held them at bay while we finished. Climbing onto Arian, I called out to Mirai, who then leaped into the air and landed gracefully on the dragon's back. Upon seeing the dragon for the first time, the reporters feared for their lives. When they saw me climbing onto it, the reporter advanced on us.

/Let's go!/

Arian lifted his giant wings and pushed off the ground with his legs. In less than a few seconds, we were soaring through the air. The cool breeze against my skin felt energizing. This helped me wake up from having to wake up early.

Calin was thoroughly enjoying himself. Yesterday, we were all serious, but it's kind of fun to enjoy the little things in life. I sat up at the front with Yami behind me. Mirai was followed by Calin, who was acting more like a kid. Unfortunately this ride was short due to the short distance between the Kaiba mansion and my home.

The rest of the gang waited in the backyard for us to show up. Seto was preparing the helicopter for departure. Tea and Mokuba played in the grass. Joey and Tristan dueled with their other cards while their duel monsters watched as both of them ended up with fifty life points each. Ryou and his yami were trying to keep their duel monster contained. Bakura looked like he was going to have a nervous break down if something wasn't done.

We had loaded my luggage onto the helicopter when the same crowd gathered at Seto's front gate. The guards wouldn't allow the reporters access to the grounds, because he would fire every one of them. However, this did not deter them. They tried sneaking inside, but ended up with more pain that it was really worth. Although some managed to sneak past, our duel monsters usually took care of them. Often we'd send Duo, because if anyone could survive his company and remain sane, it would be a miracle. Bakura kept telling me that. No wonder why they had a large stash of pain killers.

Our yamis went back into the millennium items. Our duel monsters mounted on the appropriate Blue Eyes White Dragon. Lastly we boarded the helicopter.

The trip was rather boring and uneventful. I kept nodding off. The rest of the group had just as much trouble as I did keeping awake. Joey sleep soundly while snoring loudly. Tristan and Ryou didn't seem to care. I woke up every so often. Yami also had trouble sleeping with that snoring.

//Aibou? Why is there a duel monster on board?//

/There's no duel monster on board./

{We're all out here.}

//Then why do I hear growling noises?//

[Growling?]

///It could be someone is hungry.///

/No, it's just Joey's snoring./

//Could you shut him up? Some spirits are trying to sleep here!//

[Master Yami, would you like me to perform a spell on him?]

/Will it hurt him?/

[No Master Yugi, he will not suffer.]

//Sure.//

Mirai glowed a soft purple before it faded away. I was watching him intensely that I didn't even noticed the snoring stop. When I looked at Joey, he looked as if he was snoring except no sound was coming out.

//Much better. Thanks Mirai.//

[My pleasure.]

I should probably get some sleep now. My yami was already fast asleep. The others were out like lights though I don't know about Bakura. Closing my eyes, I sank further into the darkness.

Something was shaking me hard. I cracked my eyes open to find Yami trying to wake me up. Yawning, I stretched. "I assume we're here."

"Yes, we are," Yami informed me. His eyes glanced at the others. I followed his gaze to where our friends were setting up camp. They wanted to do this before it became too dark to see without flashlights.

Joey had trouble with his tent. Orion, not knowing much about camping, made things much worse. Tristan and Cyan seemed to be moving along. I guess spending time in the army forces you to learn how to make tents. Ryou, Bakura, and Duo had a hard time constructing theirs. Bakura had to hold back Duo so that Ryou can finish setting their tent in peace, also correctly.

"Hey sleepy head," Joey greeted me as we entered the camp site.

"Speak of yourself," I teased him.

"I have already set up our tent Aibou," Yami said. "Mirai is practicing a few spells, he thought would come in handy. Calin is looking as bored as ever. I'll be arranging a few things in our tent." He went inside our tent.

Now that I think of it, I would like to know how to wield a sword. /Calin?/

{Yes Master Yugi.} The elf stood up immediately. He almost looked like he leapt up from his position.

/Can I ask you a favor?/

{Anything you want.}

/Please teach me how to use a sword./

Calin was completely taken back by surprise, because normally I wasn't the type of person to go hurting others. {Master ……..}

/I assume you're wondering why I asked you this./

{That crossed my mind.}

/I want to learn how to defend my friends against our enemies./

{That does make sense. I'd be more than happy to teach you the art of swordfighting.}

The elf allowed me to hold his sword as he showed me the basic skills. Orion would sometimes offer a suggestion or two. Joey and Tristan found it to be quite amusing, me learning how to sword fight. Ryou and his yami had enough trouble on their hands to see me practicing. Yami just smiled and watched us train together.

Calin had his arms on mine guiding them in a swinging motion, when all of a sudden something leapt right out of the bushes and onto …………………………̷ 0;…………

Heero: *laughs maniacally* Another cliff hanger.

Tristan: As if we're blind.

Heero: *death glare*

Tristan: *shuts up*

Heero: How she puts up with you amazes me. Then again she has the zero system in her and when triggered. *evil smirk before maniacal laughing*

Everyone present: *starts backing away from the insane pilot before breaking into a run*

Tea: ????????