Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Millennium Dark ❯ Complicated ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2 "Complicated."

Author's notes: Don't worry, no Avril Lavigne shameless song-fic here…although the song is still playing in my head…anyway, thanks so much for the reviews! They really encourage me to produce the best fic I can.

Shonen-ai pairings: Yami/Yugi, Bakura/Malik and possibly Seto/Joey…

Chaos: *bounces off the walls 'cause she's on a yaoi high* Of course we gotta have Seto/Joey, next to Bakura/Malik it's my favourite paring =^._.^=

The thing about 2 Shadi's: Okay, there's been confusion about my saying there are 2 Shadi's. There is just 1 Shadi, but Lizeth and I decided to split him into two, since he technically doesn't have a yami and ML is MD's counterpart. The Shadi in Millennium Dark has the Ankh, and the Shadi in ML has the Scales. I apologise for any confusion. Also, Bakura has the Millennium Eye, since he stole it from Pegasus, and Ryou has the Millennium Ring. Yugi has half his puzzle (Yami has the other half, insert cutesy `destined to be together' explanation here), and I'm going to use Malik's Japanese name, Maric just so I can use plain `Malik' in MD. Clear as mud? I hope so!

Chaos's Notes on the Thing about 2 Shadi's: We're also going to be labeling the Shadi from ML as Shaadi [note the double "a"], so you don't get confused, capeesh? Plus it would be easier on us because then we wouldn't have to put Scales or Ankh after or before their names. ^.~ *hugs her Shaadi plushie*

* * *

Yugi Motou sighed and tapped his pencil against the pad of paper in front of him. Make that the blank pad of paper he had in front of him. There was supposed to be a finished and perfected song on this pad of paper, but currently, there was nothing. All that ran through the young man's mind was Yami. The handsome older boy at first treated Yugi like a little brother when they first met, but quickly, those feelings turned into attraction and love. Just thinking of Yami brought a huge grin to Yugi's face. The mood was suddenly destroyed when Yugi's thoughts went to the fact that Yami was the lead singer of Millennium Dark, his band's rival. Yugi sighed inwardly, and absently began writing down abstract ideas. Or, at least he thought he was writing down ideas.

"I see you're hard at work," Ryou's accented voice cut through Yugi's thoughts. Yugi jumped, and stared at the pad of paper, which to his utter horror, had `Yami' written in many different ways in scattered places. "Still haven't finished the song, eh?"

Yugi sighed. "It's harder than I realised. The ideas just aren't flowing," he admitted, erasing Yami's name furiously. "What time is it?"

Ryou smiled and sat down near the younger boy. "It's almost lunch," he replied, running a hand through his white locks. "I got the short straw to come and break you from your trance. We're going to order fast-food."

At that moment, before Yugi could reply, Shaadi and Maric walked into the room. The two older boys of the band were close, as they had been friends before the band was formed. Ryou and Yugi liked to joke to each other that the two were in love, but were too shy to admit it. Of course, Shaadi and Maric didn't know of these little conversations, and for that, Ryou and Yugi were immensely glad. "How's the song coming along, Yugi?" Shaadi asked.

Yugi showed him the scribble/eraser-attacked pad of paper with a frown. "It's not coming along at all, Shaadi," Yugi said, sighing. "I'm suffering from a case of writer's block."

Maric put his thumb of his left hand under his chin, his index finger resting on his chin, just under his lips. "You're probably pushing yourself too hard. When you do so, you tend to focus more on the fact you need the song finished rather than the song itself," he said logically. "You should give it a rest, Yugi."

"I'm all for that," Yugi said with a smile, causing Maric to laugh a little. "So, what do you want to eat, guys?"

"No hamburgers," Ryou immediately said, wrinkling his nose. "After our little adventure in McDonald's, I'm not going to eat another hamburger ever again."

Maric laughed. "Come now, Ryou, it's not every time that you're going to get two paper clips in your hamburger."

Ryou stuck out his tongue immaturely. "That's not the only thing! Have you heard what they make those things out of? It's utterly disgusting!" He jumped up to emphasize this point, the pointers of his Millennium Ring jingling loudly.

"Okay, fine, no hamburgers, we got the point," Shaadi said, laughing. "There's no need to have a coronary over it, Ryou." Ryou made a face, but sat back down. "So there's no hamburgers. How does Pizza sound? Are we all okay with that?"

A collective nod confirmed that Shaadi's choice of food was just right. Shaadi picked up the phone and gave the order; already knowing what kind of Pizza everyone wanted. Half Pepperoni and half 3 cheese. "Let's just hope now that our deliverer isn't some teenage girl," Shaadi said with a smile.

Ryou chuckled, "with our luck, I wouldn't be so sure."

"No, our luck would be having a teenage boy delivering it and yelling how hot and cool we are," Maric countered, a smirk on his face.

"Ah yes, how could I get that mixed up?" Ryou said, slapping his forehead. They shared a laugh before Ryou said, "I'm glad we got this time off."

"No matter how little of it really is time off," Yugi added. Suddenly, the door flung open and there stood their beloved Manager, Mai Valentine. She was dressed to the nines in a sleek blue suit. "Mai?"

She smiled at them, and turned her lavender gaze to Yugi. "It seems you're slated for an interview later today, Yugi. At Much More Music, with…" She said the name with such disdain, "Millennium Dark's Yami. They wanted to do a double interview, because of their album hype and our debut album sales."

"Oh boy, here we go," Ryou murmured, "another one of her `beat `em into the ground' speeches…you'd think she'd know we know all of them already."

"Shh, she'll be on your case next," Shaadi warned. They all straightened their posture, and pretended to be listening as their manager went on yet another rant. She was notorious for such things, and the four boys had devised creative ways to not listen, yet make it look like they were. "Mai…Mai dear, you're turning various shades of purple. Maybe you should stop now…MAI!"

The blond manager stopped abruptly at the usually soft-spoken male's rise in voice. "Yeah, what's the matter, hon?"

Shaadi put a hand to his forehead. "We got it. Yugi's got an interview with MD's Yami and Much More Music. AND before you say it, yes we realize the implications of this and no doubt he won't let MD destroy our image." Mai looked content and placed a kiss on Shaadi's cheek, praising him a little before walking out. Ryou noticed a flash of jealousy dance across Maric's violet eyes and raised an eyebrow. Shaadi turned to Yugi. "You look like you've seen a ghost, you're so pale, Yugi."

Yugi started, and clutched the pad of paper closer to him. His mind was racing at incredible speeds. He was…going to be in the same room as Yami…on national TV? It was bad enough he couldn't control his happiness on the phone with the older boy, but they were going to be in such close quarters…He snapped out of it when he heard Shaadi's voice. "Why would they want just me? I can't do this alone."

The older boy smiled and put a hand on Yugi's shoulder. "We know how scared you are of doing interviews alone, but don't you worry about it. Ryou and I have to make an appearance at the mall, but Maric will come with you to MMM all right? Will that make you feel better?" Shaadi asked kindly.

"Oh, sure, make me go," Maric said jokingly, poking at Yugi's hair. Yugi instinctively swatted at the blond boy, and ended up smacking Maric in the face. "Ow!"

"Oh, sorry, did I hurt you?" Yugi asked, grinning.

Maric rubbed his nose and gave the lead singer a glare. "You're so lucky that I'm too tired to deal with you."

Shaadi laughed. "Yes, because every other time you would've beaten him up and suffered the wrath of Mai." Maric rolled his eyes, unwilling to admit that his best friend had a point. "But we know you wouldn't intentionally hurt our lead singer."

"Yes, because I like the Smurf as a brother," Maric said, getting Yugi into a headlock.

"Maric!" Yugi exclaimed.

"Yes?"

"Let me go!"

"Not on your life, Smurf."

"BLONDIE!"

"SMURF."

"You said that already!"

"So? The stupidity of using BLONDIE allows me to say Smurf again," Maric reasoned.

"That's the most screwed up logic I've ever heard! Let me go!" Yugi struggled. Shadi and Ryou looked at each other, not sure whether or not to get involved. "Shaadi! Ryou! Someone get him off of me!"

Ryou came over as did Shaadi, and they both pulled Maric off of Yugi. "All right, come on you two jokers, you've got to get on over to Much More Music," Shaadi said, as he held onto Maric. "And BOTH of you better come back."

-Much More Music-

Yami shifted uncomfortably on the large couch, arms crossed over his chest almost regally. It wouldn't be too long before he got to see his small love after so many months apart, but they still had to keep up the pretense of their bands being rivals. And the interviewer - a man named Bill Welychka - said they had to wait for Yugi before starting the interview. It just wouldn't seem right to leave the ML's lead singer's part halfway through. He heard arguing coming from the elevator as it came to a stop and two boys stepped out. Both he recognized immediately.

Yugi and Maric were continuing the argument they'd had at the hotel when they came to a stop at the floor they were supposed to be on. Yami's eyes went to Yugi immediately and let a brief smile come to his handsome features. The lead singer of Millennium Light was arguing animatedly with Maric about some nonsensical topic, right up until Yugi saw Yami. Maric stopped and looked between the two.

"By the Gods, you two do look identical," he marveled, then ruffled Yugi's hair. "Although you're too cute, Smurf."

Yugi blushed a bright crimson and Yami raised an eyebrow. "Thanks a lot, Maric. I'm supposed to have some bit of my dignity left before I do this interview you know. I think you just destroyed it."

`Maybe I should've asked Malik to come with me,' Yami thought idly. `He and Maric bear a striking resemblance to one another. Although, Malik's hair is far more…out of control.' Yami cleared his throat, getting the attention of the two boys. "We haven't formally met." He extended his hand to Maric. "I am Yami Akaisura."[1]

Maric looked at Yami's hand before taking it and shaking it. "Maric Ishtal." Yami gave a slight gasp and Maric raised an eyebrow. "What's the matter?"

Yami shook his head. "I meant no disrespect. It's just that Malik in my band…his last name is Ishtar. Your names are so similar." Just as Maric was about to question Yami further on this new bit of information, Bill Welychka walked back into the room.

He gave the two a big grin. "It's nice to have the two of you two here. The way this interview will go is similar to Much Music's intimate and interactive. You two will be sitting on two different chairs and I'll be sitting on one in across from you, and the fans will be standing all around and there will definitely be a lot of people outside the building. The fans will ask questions, I'll obviously be asking you the majority of the questions, and there is this thing called Speaker's Corner where fans from around Canada can give a video question and you'll answer it. Clear as mud?"

Both Yami and Yugi nodded and Maric looked at the two of them. Although he couldn't place it, there was just something about the two of them that wasn't apparent to him right away. And it would bug him until they went back to the hotel, what it actually was. "Good luck Yugi. I'm going to wander around for a bit." Yugi looked slightly alarmed at the prospect of leaving him alone but nodded and Maric left.

Yami looked to Yugi and mouthed, "I love you." Yugi blushed and mouthed the same words back, and they waited for Bill Welychka to come and start the interview.

-TBC- [1] Akaisura means "red rain" in Japanese