Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Miss You ❯ Miss You, the Second Chapter ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: This was supposed to be a one-shot but EVERYONE that reviewed said I should continue it. I was torn between two possible endings so after this chapter (Ryou's POV), the third chapter will be a sad ending and the fourth will be a happy ending. Just warning those of you who don't want a sad ending. Anyways, I don't own YuGiOh. Now, for the continuation of the story!

Miss You, the Second Chapter

(Ryou's POV)

Wandering… That's what I've been doing the past three weeks… No one renting a room wanted me to stay more than a night or two… All said I "cramped their style." Probably because of my neatness.

No matter how far away from you I get, you still haunt my every movement. I didn't tend to my injuries; something kept on telling me they were the lasts I had of you.

Even though I love you, I couldn't stand to have you hurt me again. It was almost as if a mother was beating her child.

I was not crying because of the pain that was inflicted on me. I was crying because it was you; because I saw that look of pure enjoyment that you've kept away for so long. That your expression showed you wanted me to stay there on the ground, helpless and aching. You haven't for so long…

*flashback to 5 months ago*

(3rd person POV)

"Why do you burden me with such issues, you weakling?!" Shouted a very angry Bakura.

"I was only staying to help the school decorate for the dance tonight. I'm sorry I forgot to mention it to you," pleaded a crying Ryou.

"Do you think I like to wonder about people who are not worth anything? It takes time out of my precious day!" Bakura slapped Ryou, causing the younger to fall forwards.

Ryou said nothing as he got back to his feet and turned his head away from his tormenter.

"Don't ignore me you mortal!" The darker half threw the lighter half against the wall, causing a dent to form.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you Bakura." Ryou gasped out, trying to hide his pain.

"Damn right! You do that again and I'll make sure you won't be able to walk again!"

Ryou looked at Bakura and a few tears managed to come out.

"Cry weakling, cry. That's all you ever do! Can't you be tough for once?! Stand up and be a man! No wonder everyone calls you a girl!"

"I'm sorry. I promise I won't cry again."

"You better not or you won't be able to cry anymore. Get out of my sight, you pathetic excuse for a human!" With that, Bakura turned his back to face Ryou.

Ryou struggled greatly, but managed to get to his feet.

*back to regular time*

(Ryou's POV)

You used to torture me for the smallest things. Any imperfection was enough to drive you mad. But you changed. It might have taken a while, but you changed. I used to enjoy every moment we had together. But now that I'm out here, I can't see you again. I can't hear you again… If only I could just be with you.

*flashback to 4 months ago*

(3rd person POV)

"Ryou? Hikari?" Bakura walked up to the door Ryou had just run into and locked.

The only sound that could be heard was heavy sobbing and gasping.

"Please let me in," the boy outside the door chimed with compassion.

Ryou had stopped his crying and looked intently at the door, as if trying to see through it.

"You're not still mad?" came his shaky voice.

"No, I promise I'm not. Now please, open the door."

The scared boy walked up to his door slowly and turned the lock until a click was heard. He then turned the handle and came face to face with a Bakura that no longer had eyes of darkness.

"Bakura? This is not like you at all. What are you trying to do?"

"This isn't one of my stupid ways to tortures you. I've finally been able to break the spell binding me."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I've realized what I've been doing to you, what I just did to you. And I don't like it."

Ryou looked at his yami with a confused look.

"I hurt you in too many ways to count everyday and I just can't watch you cry or hear you scream and more. I promise to never hurt you again." Bakura continued.

"…You do?" There was so much hope and happiness in the smaller boy's voice.

"Yes. Please forgive me for all of the other times."

"I do. And Bakura?"

"Yes, my hikari?"

"I… I've wanted to tell you for so long… but… I love you, Bakura," Ryou's cheeks were bright red.

"Ryou, you have are, have always been, and always will be my koibito." With that, Bakura took the fragile, damaged form of the one in front of him into an embrace.

The blush growing on Ryou's cheeks became more obvious as he returned the gesture.

*back to regular time*

(Ryou's POV)

I loved you so… The day we final came clean so vivid in my head… You always will be my koibito… just like you said… And you will always be mine…

I still remember what the first person I rented from had said to me…

*flashback to 2 weeks and 6 days ago*

(3rd person POV)

The telephone rang as Ryou waited for the other end to contain sound.

"Hello?"

"Hi, I'm calling about the rent ad."

"It specifically said no females. Can you read?"

"Excuse me?"

"I said that no females are allowed to rent."

"I AM NOT A FEMALE!"

"Woah, sorry dude. So you can come by this afternoon to check out the place?"

"Sure. Could I just come by this afternoon to stay?"

"If you want."

"Ok, bye."

"Later."

~at the place of renting~

The doorbell sounded, and almost immediately a face appeared.

"Are you sure you're not a female?" The man standing in the doorway asked.

"YES! I AM SURE!" Ryou was furious.

"Just checking! Now your room is the one to the far left if you want to come in and look at it."

*back to regular time*

(Ryou's POV)

I ended up leaving the next morning. I've already been through 7 different apartment rooms. I have no place to go right now. Normally on nights like these I find an empty alleyway. Not exactly the safest but it works for now.

Yugi found me yesterday… on the bus… sleeping…

*flashback to yesterday*

(3rd person POV)

"Ryou? Is that you?" Yugi walked over to the white haired boy laying down on the empty bus seats.

He stirred and opened his eyes to meet a very concerned Yugi.

"Yugi?"

"Ryou! I've finally found you!"

"Found? You were looking? …For me?"

"Of course! The next morning I had called you to thank you for comforting me the day before, but no one answered all 10 times! I stopped by and the front door was unlocked, so I went inside. I found that you were gone and Bakura was locked away in his room. He wouldn't tell me what happened, but he did slide this under the door."

Yugi handed Ryou a folded piece of paper, wrinkled form the drying of what looked like tears. As the white haired boy read the note, tears began to well in the corners of his own eyes.

`Ryou's gone. I won't come out. Never.'

Those words were scribbled across it in large, messy handwriting.

"He… gave this to you?" Ryou asked, looking from the note to Yugi, who now sat beside him.

"Yeah… he's locked himself in there since then. Yami even went by last week to try and get him out. But he didn't even talk to us," the smaller boy replied, shaking his head.

"Oh… well…" Ryou didn't know how to respond.

"If you're not going back there, you can stay with us. I'm sure Sugoroku wouldn't mind."

"Oh, thanks, but I am currently renting a place. And I wouldn't want to bestow such a burden on you or your grandfather. Really, I'm fine."

"Ok then, but make sure to come by and visit at least once!" Yugi said as he got off at his stop.

*back to regular time*

(Ryou's POV)

I lied. I don't have any intentions of going back to where my memory of that one night haunts me the most. But all of my other memories seem to be telling me I shouldn't have left. That it was just that one night. That you'd be better by the morning.

But it's too late to go back now. It's impossible to turn back time and undo what's been done. If only I could just hear your voice again; even if you're yelling. If only I could feel your touch; even if you're hurting me. If only I could see you again; even if you're scowling.

Remember, you promised to never hurt me again. Remember, you said I'd always be your koibito. Then why would you do this? If you truly trusted me, you wouldn't have gone out and gotten drunk. If only that night I realized that's what caused that outburst…

Will I ever have the strength enough to come back to you? Will I be able to sleep in peace without that night torturing me? Will I be strong enough to tell you I love you again? Will we be the couple we thought we could?

Someday… I hope…

*************************************************************** ***********************

Muahahaha! It ends almost the same way! I promise the third and forth will be up really soon! But remember, if you don't want a sad ending, don't read chapter 3! WARNING: CHAPTER 3 HAS A SAD ENDING! I'm only doing this so people don't go complaining that it was really sad `cause there's 2 possible endings! Anyways, please review! And yes, flames are welcome! And don't bug me `cause I just got the inspiration for this chappie 2 days ago. It wouldn't have been a good chappie if it wasn't from my heart!