Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Miss You ❯ Miss You, the 3rd Chapter and Sad Ending ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: First off, I do not own YuGiOh. And secondly, this is the sad ending! DO NOT READ ANY FARTHER IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO READ A SAD ENDING! I just don't want you people who want a happy ending getting angry at me. It will be the fourth chapter instead. Note to all of you who do read this chapter: The fourth chapter is NOT a continuation of this! It's an alternate ending! Sorry, just had to get that across as well.

Now with all that said and done, I would like to put a short poem-like thing that is used in this chapter.

*The pain is worsening,

The blood is dripping,

My vision blackening,

My world is slipping*

The exact thing isn't used but it's close! Now, to the story you've been waiting for!

Miss You, the Third Chapter: Ending First Version

(Ryou's POV)

I can't take this anymore. Without you in my life, there's no reason to live. Without your messiness, what is there to clean? Without your antics, how will I not be so uptight? Without your jokes, how will I ever laugh or even smile again?

Despite what I say, I need you to be complete. I need you in order to feel whole. I need you… to be me.

I can't stand the distance between us. Ever since I first met you, the longest distance we've been apart was when I went to school. These past 4 weeks have been tearing me apart slowly from the inside.

I'm coming home, Bakura. I'm coming home…

*~*~*~*~*~*

(Bakura's POV)

It's just too much. Four weeks is more than I can handle. My love… Did you wish this on me? Did you want me to suffer like this? No… you were much too innocent. This is not your fault; I shouldn't be blaming you.

I'm sorry. I vowed to protect you. I promised to always be there for you. I gave my word that I'd always be your love and you mine. I'm sorry.

Please forgive me. I never wanted to hurt you. I never wanted to hear you scream. I never wanted to see you cry. And I never wanted to watch you leave. Please forgive me.

If only you could come home now and stop so many things. Stop the fleeting memories, stop the ever-growing pain, stop the haunting visions, and stop my hand from reaching for… for the doorknob.

I promised I wouldn't come out until you came home and I won't break it now. The bathroom is connected to my room and the hallway; I had locked that door too.

Now as I stand in front of the full-body mirror, I see exactly what not caring for yourself for 4 weeks can do to you. That doesn't matter anyway. There's nothing anyone can do to stop me now, not unless you walk through the door.

It's not like what I'm about to do hasn't been done before. The only difference is the size. Big, small, it didn't matter anymore. Nothing mattered anymore.

Please, hikari. Please come back home and stop me. I don't want to feel the pain anymore. This one final thing will end it forever… Is there no one who cares enough to stop me?

Ryou, the pain is worsening. My own actions are causing my life to flash before my eyes.

Please, the blood is dripping. I'm starting to remember all the times we spent together.

Hikari, my vision is blackening. I love you still, and promise I always will.

My love, my world is slipping. My soul will carry on for me. You will never be alone.

I promise.

*~*~*~*~*~*

(Ryou's POV)

What have you been doing the last month, my yami? What has passed your time? Have you done anything productive? I bet not…

Why do I feel your voice? It's almost crying out for help. Bakura? My yami, what have you done?! For you to ask my help… For your signal to be so weak… Please be safe, my love! I'm coming!

*~*~*~*~*~*

(3rd person POV)

Ryou was running down block after block, street after street. A light drizzle began to fall upon the world around him. Nothing would stop him from reaching his love.

After what seemed like running around the world, the young white haired boy's tired feet stopped in front of a small house. The rain was now coming down in sheets.

`Please let the door be open!' Ryou thought.

A small tap caused the front door to creak open slightly. As soon as it did, the now soaked boy ran inside and up a flight of stairs. He made his way to the room of his other. Jiggling the doorknob, he realized it was locked.

`That's right! Yugi said he locked himself in his room!' Ryou's mind told him.

Quickly going down the stairs and searching a draw for a key, Ryou almost stumbled over his own feet. He returned to the locked door and inserted the key. Opening it widely, the young boy could only gasp at the sight before him.

Bakura, the one he had been trying to save, was on the floor surrounded by a pool of blood; his own blood. Ryou rushed to the side of his elder and lifted his head into his arms.

"Bakura?! Bakura, please answer me!" He pleaded.

The body Ryou was holding remained motionless and pale.

"No! Bakura, you need to wake up!" Tears were now flowing down the cheeks of the lighter half.

Bakura stirred slightly and opened his eyes a crack.

"Ry… Ryou?" Came his weak whisper.

"Bakura! Why did you…? Bakura, I love you! I forgive you! I just want to come back home!" Ryou was now in hysterics.

He brought the one below him into a big embrace.

"Ryou… I will always love you… I will always protect you… You will never be alone… I promise…" Bakura's voice was almost inaudible.

Ryou pulled his darker half back so he could see his face.

"What do you mean? Bakura, please tell me-"

"I promise… my hikari…" Bakura cut Ryou off and let his body become limp.

"Bakura! You can't! Please! Don't leave me! Bakura!" The younger boy was shaking the other, crying more heavily now.

"Bakura… you… Why…" Ryou was whispering to himself.

At that moment, Yugi and Yami walked in, thinking they were going to have to try and convince Bakura out of his room again. As the two approached the top of the stairs, the sound of sobbing had reached their ears.

The smaller tri color haired boy ran towards their destination as he realized the door was open.

"Bakura?" Yugi called out before the horrible vision had come into view.

"Ryou?! You're back! And…" He stuttered as what had happened finally sunk in.

"Yugi? Are you…? What happened here?!" Yami said as he came up behind his light.

Ryou glanced from his love to his friends and gasped for a breath. Yugi walked over quickly to comfort him.

"I didn't mean to… I mean, he just… I came back… But he had already… It's all my fault…" the white haired boy managed through his tears.

"No, it's not your fault. You didn't know he'd… But anyway, don't blame yourself. I know it's hard on you but no one could have predicted this," The comforting voice of the one next to him coaxed.

"If I had never… had never left… this wouldn't… wouldn't of happened…" Ryou got out before he began crying uncontrollably again.

Ryou leaned his head on Yugi's chest as the smaller wrapped his arms around him. Yami had been just staring in disbelief. He knew the Tomb Robber better than for him to do that. But as he looked at his hikari comforting the hikari of the aforementioned person, reality struck him and he now knew that this wasn't just some crazy dream.

"Ryou… I'm so sorry…" Yami finally spoke.

Both lights turned to look at him. Ryou, still unable to talk, just nodded slightly.

"You could come live with us if… if this house would bring back too many memories." Yugi said, looking Ryou in the eyes.

Ryou's crying ceased to small sobs and gasps of breath. He shook his head and stared back at his lost love.

"You're sure?" Yugi questioned.

Ryou nodded, not once breaking his fixed gaze on Bakura.

"Ok then. We're going to go now. Do you want us to tell the others?"

Ryou shook his head slightly, as if he wanted the company to leave. Yugi stared at Ryou for a few more seconds and then left quietly with his darker half.

Once they were out the door, Yami asked, "Do you think Ryou is going to be alright?"

"I hope so. I really do hope so." Yugi said as they began to venture back to the Kame Game Shop.

*~*~*~*~*~*

(Ryou's POV)

Gone… just like that… he's gone… My one love. The darkness to my light…

How could you leave me? How could you think I'd be all right if you were gone? Why did you want to go?

I look up to the sky, hoping that right now you're looking down at me. I know you've done a few bad things in your lifetime but you've repented for them. My yami, you belong in heaven.

Three more tears slide quietly down my cheeks. You don't know what you've done, do you? You don't know how many lives you've affected. You don't know how much pain is weighing down my heart right now.

If only… if only I could be with you again. I would never take your presence for granted. I could hold you again and know you were holding me too.

Should I? I could… What about Yugi? Who would be here to tell him everything's all right? Who would he have to talk to when Yami wouldn't listen again? But Bakura… I want to be with you so badly…

Yugi… I'm sorry. You were always a good friend. I hope I was in return. Goodbye, forever.

I picked up the bloodied blade that lie near Bakura and took my own life. Goodbye Yugi… I'm coming Bakura.

The darkness came instantly and I felt myself fall just before my body went numb. A sharp pain swept through me as my soul separated away.

You're right Bakura, I won't be alone. I'll be with you.

**************************************************************** **********************

That was the first ending. This was the first one I was inspired to write, don't ask why. I'm crying because I had to torture Ryou… and Bakura, but more Ryou. Thank you to all of Selene-chan, Kirei, DugFinn, mystieka, Rowan Girl, and Black Angel Reaper for reviewing! Now, please review for the sake of the authoress! And if you want to read the happy ending, It should be up shortly.