Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Missing ❯ Chapter 19 ( Chapter 19 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Missing - 19

*****

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh. I'm simply obsessed with it. Don't sue me, because I'm broke. The only things I own are Dark Magician and Malik toys. /end boring legal junk

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I swear I'm 12… I write YGO fic now. That's what I get from watching anime. *very big grin* This story was written for my best friend, who challenged me to write her a fic using certain people and a certain plot and well. Blame her. It's all Kris' fault.

SUMMARY: And now/the end is near/and so I face/the final curtain...

****

"Oh, fuck," said Malik.

"Not again," Yami exclaimed, standing up so abruptly he knocked Yugi off his lap.

"NO!" Ryou screamed.

The Dark Magician, as always, was silent, smiling a secret little smile.

"What happened?" Ryou yelled at Malik. "He's gone! Again!"

"I said the spell!" Malik protested, hiding behind his dark. "I said the spell right! The Dark Magician didn't stop me!"

Yami frowned. "Are you sure you got the words all right?"

All five - Yami, Malik, Marik, Ryou and Yugi - looked over at the Dark Magician, who just stood up from his spot on the couch and shrugged. "Were you even LISTENING?" Malik growled at the monster.

Ryou growled at Malik. "Get. Him. BACK!"

"Meep!"

The Dark Magician reached forward, gently touching the Ring around Ryou's neck. Ryou impatiently batted the mage's hand away. "Don't touch."

"Wait, Ryou..." Marik said. "What if the spell worked?"

"Say what?"

"The Ring, idiot! Is Bakura in the Ring?"

Ryou concentrated, allowing his conscious mind to search the depths of the Millennium Ring for Bakura. "I can't... I can't feel him."

Marik sighed. "Well, he's not back in the Rod, I can tell you that."

"Or the Puzzle," Yugi said, giving Yami a glare. "Remind me to beat you later?"

"Sorry, aibou."

The Dark Magician again reached for the Ring and this time, Ryou let him. The mage settled both hands on the Ring, closing his eyes. Ryou felt something from the Ring - a surge of power and then suddenly his link with Bakura was wide open again.

"BAKURA!" Ryou shouted, both aloud and through the link. "You're back!"

//Ryou!// came the response. //What happened?//

/You tell me! Malik was doing the spell and all of a sudden you disappeared./

//Remind me to kill Malik and Marik slowly and painfully later?//

/Why?/

//For giving me this infernal headache! Too much magic in one day can really fuck with a person's mind.//

Ryou laughed out loud, earning himself a puzzled look from four of the five present. "Sorry, guys... I, um, found Bakura."

"Where?" Yugi asked.

"The Ring." Ryou glanced at the Dark Magician, who took a step back to stand beside Malik. "What did you do?" The mage smiled mysteriously and waved his staff. "Ah, `magic' right?" Another smile was his only answer. "You, know, I really wish you could talk. That would make life so much easier, instead of always having to ask yes or no questions."

Yugi sighed. "I know. I kept forgetting when he was in the Rod with us."

"Frustrating," Ryou said. "Anyways, Bakura is back in the Ring, which was the intention all along."

"Just took a while," said Bakura, pulling himself out of the Ring with a flash of light. "Ow, I forgot how much that hurts."

"What hurts?"

"Having your spirit sealed into an Item." Bakura massaged the back of his neck. "Advice for you, Ryou: Don't do it."

"I promise," Ryou said with a laugh. "So everyone is back where they should be?" Nods all around. "And everyone is in one piece?" Marik and Bakura exchanged looks, but again there were nods all around. "And everyone is HAPPY NOW?"

Bakura held up a hand. "I'm not a happy person. So that doesn't apply to me."

"You will be happy if I have to force a happy pill down your throat," Ryou said sweetly, glaring at his yami. Bakura put his other hand up in surrender. "So we are all happy, comfortable and here. Finally!"

"What a day," agreed Yami, sitting down again and pulling Yugi into his lap. Yugi happily curled into his dark's chest, nuzzling his neck. Malik and Marik sat on the floor against the wall while Ryou and Bakura looked at each other before striking up a mental conversation about the day's events.

"What now?" Marik asked, idly tracing a design on Malik's knee.

"Sleep?" suggested Yugi, closing his eyes and curling up tighter to Yami. "Sleep is good."

Ryou frowned. "Something isn't adding up here."

"What do you mean?" Bakura asked, but Ryou shook his head. "Ryou?"

Said hikari looked at Marik. "Marik, what's the Egyptian word for Rod?" Marik gave him a strange look, but gave it to him. "Did you hear the spell Yami cast before this... all happened?" Marik nodded. "What did he say?"

Marik's eyes widened in realization. "Ring."

"Did you use magic at all today? Other than going to bug Bakura and Yugi?"

"No," Marik said, shaking his head. "And Malik didn't either."

"Do you mean to tell me it's not my fault after all?" Yami said hopefully, looking up from playing with Yugi's hair.

"And not my doing."

"So it's the tomb robber's fault after all?"

"SHUT UP!" Bakura bellowed, to which Yami replied with an oh-so-delicate middle finger, causing Yugi to open his eyes and giggle. "It's not my fault!"

"Well, it isn't mine!"

"It had to be someone with knowledge of Shadow Magic," Marik said, exchanging looks with Ryou, Bakura and Yami. "So if Yami, Ryou, Malik, Yugi, Bakura and I didn't do it, then who did?"

All six turned to face the final occupant of the room.

"DARK MAGICIAN?" they said as one voice.

The monster blinked innocently, ignoring the sudden appearance of horns from his hat. "Wasn't me."

And then before Yugi could fall over in shock, before Yami could catch his precious aibou, before Bakura could become homicidal, before Ryou could throw his hands up in the air, before Malik could drop the book he was still holding and before Marik could start laughing hysterically, the Dark Magician gave a wink and a sly smile.

Then disappeared.