Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ MY LITTLE SHINNING STAR ❯ 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
"Yami, I want it off. It's tight; I can't breathe, I can't move." Yugi plucked uselessly at the hard, unbending plastic back brace. He lay on his back in his bed, in his room, in his home. Things had stayed pretty much the same over his long stay in the hospital, but there were a few changes, of necessity. A ramp leading up to the porch had been built for his wheelchair, and furniture had been rearranged to accommodate it as well. There was a special bathing chair for him to sit in in the bathtub, a Port- O-Potty in one corner of his room, and his bed, which was pushed up against the wall, had a bed guard to prevent him from falling out of bed.

"Hush, Shhh. You need it, aibou, just for a few weeks, until everyone gets adjusted to the new routine. Things at home aren't like they were in the hospital; you're back might accidentally get jarred or injured again." Yami sat at the head of Yugi's bed, gently running a lean hand through his little angel's hair.

Yugi pouted. "I know, but that doesn't mean I have to like it."

Yami nodded. "Neither do I, aibou. I don't like it.....any of it...." His words were hoarse, and he bit his lip, but a stray tear trickled down his cheek, plopping onto Yugi's soft, white one.

"Yami....shh....I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry...." Yugi reached up with one small hand and cupped his yami's cheek, wiping away the tears which were falling faster and faster.

Yami shook his head, wiping his eyes on the itchy sleeves of his woolen sweater. "No, no my little tenchi, you didn't. It's just....it's just...." He trailed off hopelessly, shaking his head again. Yugi was home; he should be happy, but instead it just felt like this nightmare was more real. This wasn't just some bad dream he could wake up from, have a cup of hot cocoa, and shake off. This was real. Precious aibou really was crippled. His beloved little Yugi could only move his head and his arms; he had no control over the rest of his body.

Yami cried out at that thought, flinching away, breathing heavily and fighting off more tears. Worry darkened Yugi's violet eyes. "Yami?" He reached out hesitantly to touch him.

The taller boy whimpered, but he didn't pull away. "Oh, gods, aibou, I'm so sorry. I'm so beyond sorry, my little one." Yugi tugged lightly on his sleeve, and Yami fell, face buried against Yugi's bare, fragile little shoulder as the pain and hopelessness he'd fought off so long came flooding out.

Yugi let Yami cry on him, sensing how much pain was in his darkness's heart. Pain, worry, and frustration. When Yami's sobs subsided a little, his hot tears running dry, Yugi stroked his hair as Yami had often done his. "Sh, my dear yami, it will be alright." He whispered softly in his ear, then kissed the top of his forehead. Although, if truth be told, even the little one didn't believe in his own words. tbc.....