Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Mysterious Girl ❯ In the Beginning. ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

~MYSTERIOUS GIRL~

What if Yugi came across something that he never planned to come across before? How will he react to this surprising find? Will he just brush it from his mind? Or is he too surprised to know how to even react? This is a story about a girl Yugi would just begin to know about.

~I do not own Yugioh.~

************************

Yugi , Joey, and Ryou were rather intently searching about the attic of Grandpa's Game Shop.

"Yuge…are you sure you have baseball stuff here?" Joey was becoming frustrated.

"Positive. I remember a glove being in here in one of these boxes." Yugi looked about, only assuming that it was there.

"Which box are you talking about?" Joey clutched his hands and sighed," He sat down and sighed. "Next time I'll remember ta bring my own glove."

"Yugi…" Ryou sat on his knees gazing at something in his hands.

"Yeah? Did you find something?"

"A baseball glove I hope…" Joey rolled his eyes.

"Yugi…. who is this?" They all gazed at a picture of four people.

Yugi took the picture from Ryou carefully. The photo had obviously been there for a while. Even the mount that held the loose piece of cardboard showed signs of age. "Huh. I think this is a photo of me as a baby with my parents."

"I can see that… but who is THAT? The girl." Ryou pointed to a young girl who stood, peering from behind Yugi's father. She smiled warmly and her eyes glistened in the light.

Joey rummaged about the box Ryou found the photo. "Hey. Here's a teddy bear, too. Man. Looks like some kid sure had a lot of fun carrying this one around."

Yugi brought himself to his feet. As he did, the sudden movement caused the back of the mount to land on the floor. A piece of paper floated along with it.

Ryou picked up the tattered piece of paper and gazed at it for a moment. "Hmm… How fascinating. What do you suppose this is?"

Joey took a peek at it. "Looks like something from the deli shop."

"Well, Joey, it has something written on it."

"Huh? Ah! Your right!" Joey slowly began to slink nearby. "Awesome, ye'h…"

"I think it's a note." He handed it to Yugi.

Yugi looked upon the inscription carefully. He was quiet for a moment. "Oh…!"

"Well?" Ryou leaned forward. "What does it say?

"Yeah, Yuge. Don't hold out on us."

He only stood and gazed at the paper.

"Yugi! Spill it, man!" Joey surprised him a bit.

"Um… I-it says: `My dearest of all…my darling and goodness-`" Yugi's voice faded as the voice of a young girl become audible.

"--you mean everything in the world to me. After years of independence, I began to long for another. I had been hoping, wishing and longing for someone like you to come and enter into my life…so that I may have somebody to be with-- somebody I could lull to sleep, so that I may fall asleep, too. You have made me happy for 1 year today. As long as your heart can sleep with mine each night, I know that perhaps I shall never be lonely again. Yugi… Remember these words and remember them well so that you may sleep well each night: The...--"

"… there's more to the note, but it must be somewhere else."

"Sounded a lot like a poem to me." Joey raised an eyebrow and stared upon it.

"I think it was very lovely. Who's it from?"

"I don't know." Yugi said with his head lowered. "….the remainder could be elsehwere in here."

"Ahh, don't worry, Yuge. I'm sure Gramps knows. We'll ask him." Joey gave him a warm pat on the back.

"That's right. I'm sure we'll find out." Ryou gave him a friendly smile.

"Yeah! ….Now, where's that baseball glove…" Joey continued to explore through the boxes.

"Sure…" Yugi's mind became filled with thoughts. Why did this girl appear so…familiar to him? Who wrote this note and why was HIS name on it? And finally…. who was this girl in the photo that brought so many questions upon Yugi?

"Man, where is that baseball glove!?" Joey tugged at his hair.

***********************

O_o Will Grandpa really tell Yugi who this girl is? We shall see….