Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Name ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“What is my name? Say it!”
“B-Bakura.”
“No!” A crack echoed throughout the desolate room as a hand forced itself over the face of the one being questioned. Silence quickly followed the crack. Moments passed, felling like hours to the youth tied to a chair, before a sigh escaped the lips of the questioner. Moving his white hair out of his face he asked again, “What is my name, Yuugi?”
“I-it's B-Bakura.”
“NO! That was his name! What is mine, Yuugi Motou? Do you even know it? Was I even your friend or did you just feel sorry for me, Yuugi?” His voice with each question rose in volume, speed, and lacked the pauses that one would use for breath.
“Of course you're my friend, Baku-”
“Then what is my name? My first name, the one he didn't steal. Answer me, Yuugi! I don't even know anymore. Where did he begin and I end?” he lowered himself down to the floor as he sobbed into the legs of Yuugi. “Was I born only to serve as his vessel? Do I even deserve a name? He was right you know,” his sobbing stopped as he looked into the ground in thought “I really am just a weak, pathetic thing, not even worth the mass it takes to make me.”
“Don't! Don't say that about yourself, Ry-Ryou.”
“What did you just say?” he lifted his head and his stormy sea green eyes locked into the amethyst eyes of the other.
Your name, Ryou.”
“My…name? Mine…?”
“Yours.” Yuugi smiled at his friend; even through the uncomfortable situation his smile carried warmth and light. “Don't let him rule you now that he's gone, Ryou.”
“You don't know the things he did to me, the things he said!”
“And I can't pretend to but you are your own person. You control your life now, you make your own decisions, and you control your actions.”
“I control…? Me…Ryou?”
“Yep, and as one of your newly gained choices, you should let me go, so I can treat us to some burgers.”
“Oh, oh my God, you're right. I'm sorry.” Ryou quickly untied the rope that held Yuugi to the chair. “And your face, I-I-I-“
“Ryou, I forgive you.” Yuugi stood up and hugged his friend “You were just lost in the darkness that no one could really understand. But you broke free from it and him. You are you now, then and forever, and don't you forget it.”