Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Oblation to Osiris ❯ Oblation to Osiris ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This place. How I despise it.

Where am I? The same place you are now. Any more I cannot tell you, for I myself am unsure. I have always been here I think. Souls like you come and go, but I remain.

Who am I? I don't remember. I am a thing of the shadows. They are everywhere and I survive within so... perhaps that is all I am; an insignificant string of dark energy that has developed a consciousness beyond its fellows. Maybe there are many beings as I, all separated and alone in an endless multitude... Is that what you are?

No, you have never been here before. I fool myself to think otherwise. Whatever the cause of this punishment, I was meant to suffer alone. Oh, I do suffer. Mentally of course; I doubt I have a body, if I ever did.

I think long about such matters, as surely you have noticed. There is little else to do in this expanse. Even moving is impossible. I once tried to move, to explore the empty infinite, but each step grew more difficult. My mind swam and my, I suppose representatives of, legs screamed in opposition. For whatever reason that I do not understand, I must stay in this spot or suffer a painful oblivion opposed to this empty one.

Like invisible shackles I am chained to this place; this horrid, stinking place. It is cold and dark; an endless dark. In all the time I have been here that darkness and that cold have never changed; a constant torment. One would think I would become accustomed to it... I have glimpses in my memory of heat and colors all blurred. If not for that cursed, beautiful thought I would truly be lost, knowing nothing but this world. I would not know that anything else exists, or at least did exist... My misery may be lessened, but my sanity would have slipped away long ago...

I grow weary. It is hard to speak long and sound is strange to my ears; it has been so long since last I spoke. To me it is so loud it is almost painful, yet I'm sure to you I sound quiet. Can you hear me at all?

Yes? I'm glad, for what is the point of sharing my thoughts to only myself? You are very quiet. Can you not speak?

Apparently not. I pity you, for obviously you cannot comprehend this realm and my existence. No, I am not a voice in your head. I don't think so anyway. I have no idea how long I've resided here. It could be only moments by your time, but for me it feels an eternity. Your sudden appearance is the only proof I have that time is passing at all.

You are afraid... I can feel it. I ceased being afraid long ago. There is really nothing to fear, at least while you are with me. Nothing particularly dangerous exists at this place. I don't think so anyway. Tell me, what is it like where you come from? Oh, but you cannot tell me anything... Perhaps, just think about it, and I will see through your mind...

Colors! Sweet, blissful light... I can see them. Barely... and voices! How long since I last heard another voice besides my own thoughts... Maybe I never have... Their speech is strange. Languages I have never heard...

Pain? Why are you in pain? You're hurting me. Why is there so much pain!? Stop it! Is it so much to ask to see the outside? Stop. Stop. Stop! I order you to stop!

Good... Now you have weakened us both, fool. What are you so afraid of? Me? Ha! Don't fear me. I was willing to talk to you, but no... It was not meant to be.

Can you hear that? I can... The only sound I've ever heard here beside myself. It always appears when someone else like you does... Hm? I already mentioned others, did I not? It doesn't matter. The sound comes closer. Like breathing almost... or a heartbeat. It comes for you I suppose... like always.

Oh, don't struggle. You'll only disappear more painfully. Not that I care. You weren't even willing to keep me company!

Can you feel it now? Hot upon your mind? You can, can't you? Yes... Writhe in agony! Suffer as I do! Fool. How dare you invade this place? Anger the gods no more with your prying eyes and hands! The darkness is mine! Meant only for me! Yes... me... I'll wait longer for the truly deserving... my light...

Stop screaming already.

You're dead.