Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Of Demons and Monsters ❯ part 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Of Demons and Monsters

Part I

Brenna "Snakelady" Dawkins

A Yu-Gi-Oh/ Jackie Chan Adventures Crossover Fanfic

Brenna "Snakelady" Dawkins

Rating: PG-13

Disclaimer: Yu-Gi-Oh, Jackie Chan and subsequent characters don't belong to me. Actually, I have no idea who they belong to. But it'd be pretty useless to sue me since I have nothing!

Summary: Pegasus kidnaps Jade. Jackie, Toru and Uncle comb Pegasus's Island for her and run into Yugi's gang. Uncle, after a run in with Yami Bakura, banishes both Yami Bakura and Yami Yugi after believing them both to be demons. And why's Seymour helping them? Some Mokuba bashing!

When Jade woke up, she found herself wearing a new pair of manacles and chained to a wall. One look around and it didn't take an Einstein to realize that she was in a cell. Was this yet another one of Shen Du's tricks? She sighed.

"Who are you?" A young boy's voice floated to her from the cell beside her.

Jade jumped, startled by the sound. She had thought she was alone down there. "I'm Jade. Who are you and where are we?"

"I'm Mokuba and we're in the dungeon of Pegasus's castle. Are you a duelist?"

Jade had no idea who Pegasus was or what a duelist was either for that matter. "No. But it doesn't matter. I wont be here for long. My Uncle Jackie will break us out."

"Not unless my brother Seto can do it first, and he will too." Mokuba replied haughtily.

"My Uncle Jackie can kick anyone's butt. He'll be able to totally kung fu the be Jesus out of this nut Pegasus any old day!" Jade countered.

"My brother doesn't need brute strength to win in battle. He's the smartest person in the world!" Mokuba insisted.

Jade was really getting annoyed with this kid. He had no idea just how cool Jackie was. "My uncle defeats demons on a constant bases!"

"My brother owns an entire corporation and is one of the richest people in the world!" Mokuba didn't bother to mention that Pegasus beat out his brother by several billion in assets.

"My uncle works for a top secret government agency fighting crimes to save the world!" Jade continued.

"Well-my brother is just better than your dumb old uncle any old day." Mokuba snidely replied.

"Don't call my uncle dumb!" Jade hissed. "How long have you been down here? If your brother was really looking for you, wouldn't you be out of here by now?"

Mokuba bit his lip. "He's on his way. I know it! He promised he'd always be there for me!"

Jade snorted. "If he was always there for you, then you shouldn't even be here at all." She heard the boy sniff and hated feeling suddenly guilty at the mean comment. "Hey, look. It doesn't matter. We both know someone's out there who will do whatever it takes to save us. Maybe Jackie will run into Seto and then they can work together and save us just that much faster."

Snuffle. "Do you think so? Really? I've been down here for so long I've lost track of time."

Jade nodded though she knew that Mokuba couldn't see her action. "I'm sure of it. No worries, `kay?"

"'Kay." Mokuba said through audible sniffing.

`Hurry, please, Jackie.' Jade thought to herself, knowing without a doubt that he was out there looking for her, but not knowing what awaited her there and when she would finally meet her captor.

* * * * *

Meanwhile, out in the wilderness of Pegasus's Island, Jackie, Toru, and Uncle were out searching for young Jade.

"Ay-yah!" Uncle cried unhappily, "You think a man so rich as this clown could afford to put port-a-potties all over this place!"

"There are plenty of trees one could go behind." Toru suggested and got slapped in his head by crotchety Uncle.

"Do not disrespect your elders!" Uncle cried and continued walking on.

"Do you really think she'd be out here? We have to find this Pegasus's stronghold. If she'd be anywhere, it'd be there." Jackie Chan said. He followed behind Uncle and their large companion Toru and was extremely worried. "How is it Jade can continue to get herself into these situations?"

"She is ve-ry clever girl!" Uncle told him. "Get's it from my side of the family! I tell you, she is something ve-ry special. She has been touched by demons, ah-yah, and I suspect they will never leave her alone now."

"Will that make our job easier or harder?" Jackie asked, highly disturbed by his Uncle's words.

Uncle shrugged, "Who knows? Right now, I must find a suitable tree!"

"To prepare a chi spell with?" Toru asked.

"No! To go to the bathroom behind! Ah-yah! The indignities you young people put an old man through!" Uncle grumbled in his usual high-pitched dissatisfied mantra.

* * * * *

"I gotta go to the bathroom." Joey complained as they strolled through the woods on their way to Pegasus's castle. "I swear my bladders near to bursting!"

"Thanks, that's more info than I wanted to know." Tea replied and scrunched her nose at the thought.

"Maybe we should take a break for now." Yugi agreed.

Tristan stretched, "Sounds good to me. I'm starved."

Bakura sighed, "We don't have anything to eat except some berries and nuts."

Tristan groaned, "Again? I swear I'm gonna get dehydrated with this diarrhea after all those stupid berries!"

"Tristan!" Tea protested, thoroughly grossed out. "Don't be so crass!"

"I'll be right back." Joey told them and went to find a tree and Joey disappeared into the woods.

The others were making themselves comfortable when they heard a loud "AH-YAH!" And an equally loud answering, "GAH!"

"That sounds like it came from the direction Joey went!" Yugi jumped up and ran to Joey's aid, followed immediately by the others. They came running through the woods and found Joey in a headlock with a huge brute. "Let Joey go!" Yugi cried, not knowing what he would do if the big guy decided to get violent.

"More kids! You with Mr. Peeping Tom here?" The old Chinese man complained as he hastily buttoned up his pants. "What they teach you in those schools now-a-days?"

"Hey!" Joey squirmed in the vice grip of the huge man. There was another man with them, in a fighting stance. It was clear he knew martial arts. "Let me go!" Joey demanded impotently. Even with his street smarts, Yugi had a feeling Joey could not take on the big guy or the martial arts guy without hurting himself.

"What happened?" Yugi asked, trying to play the diplomat.

The old man pointed an accusing finger at Joey, "I was taking care of personal matters when this young snipe snuck up on me!"

"I wasn't sneaking! I was looking for a-! Urk!" The big man cut off Joey's rant by clamping down on his throat.

"Don't hurt him! He's our friend! I'm sure it was a misunderstanding!" Yugi cried.

"And if there's anything Joey's good at, it's misunderstandings." Tristan added.

That won Tristan a cold glare from Joey.

The old man stalked up to Joey and shook his bony finger under the blonde's nose, "You a ve-ry bad boy! Don't ever sneak up on me again!"

At a silent cue, the huge man let Joey go. Joey stumbled upon release and fell onto his butt. Tristan was there immediately beside him to make sure his friend was okay.

"I did not hurt your friend." The big man said slowly.

"Could'a fooled me." Joey grumbled and made sure his head was still on his neck.

"I was protecting Uncle." The human wall insisted calmly.

"I didn't know this was his tree, `kay? I'm sorry!" Joey told his attacker.

"It's okay." The martial arts man came out of his stance and tried to placate the older man. "It was just an accident, I'm sure."

"Yeah, an accident." Joey replied, though somewhat sourly.

"Sorry, Uncle is very touchy about such things." The martial arts man replied.

"As long as we're clear about it being an accident, then it's okay." Yugi said, glad that the situation seemed to have calmed down somewhat.

"I am Jackie, this is Toru," Jackie said and gestured to the human hulk, and then to the older man, "This is Uncle."

"I'm Yugi, the one you had in a head lock is Joey, this is Tea, Tristan, and Bakura." Yugi went around their group.

"Listen, we are looking for my young niece Jade." Jackie went on, "We heard that someone called Pegasus has her."

"That creep!" Tristan fumed.

Jackie said, "You've had dealings with Pegasus before?"

Yugi nodded, "He's a very powerful and evil person. He has a passion for kidnapping loved ones in order to manipulate those he wishes to control. He has my grandpa and one of our classmates younger brother."

"What does he do with them? What does he want with us?" Jackie's worry jumped to a new level.

"I don't know what he would want with you." Yugi said truthfully. "It must be something important or else he wouldn't have done it while this tournament is going on at the same time."

"Tournament?" Jackie asked. They had seen kids crawling the island and had wondered what sort of twisted place it was. "Is there some sort of competition going on?"

So Yugi gave him a brief rundown of duel monsters and what the tournament was. He also told him the conditions he was battling under, but left out the grabbed soul part, not sure how much Jackie and his group would believe of it. He also left out the part about the millennium puzzle and his and Bakura's Yami's. They didn't need to know. Not even his own friends had an accurate idea as to what Yami was. He himself wasn't all that clear either.

"So, where is this castle?" Jackie asked.

"We're on our way there." Yugi told him. "You can come with us."

"Thank you. We will." Jackie said thankfully.

To be continued…