Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ On Angel's Wings! ❯ He Was Wrong! ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
On Angel’s Wings!

By Gogina


Disclaimer – I don’t own YGO. If I did, I think I’d be dead by now. (Everyone would kill me for killing Yami)


Chapter 9

He Was Wrong!

It had pierced him inches away from his heart, but the blood loss was too great for even the great former pharaoh to survive. Lucifer laughed, causing Yugi to shiver slightly as the ‘great’ demon disappeared in a smoke cloud. Still nursing his injury from before, Yugi hesitantly used his wings to pull himself to his feet, determined as anything to get to his yami. Staggering a little, Yugi managed to arrive at his destination and fall to his knees.

“Y-Yu-G-Gi,” came a light whisper as the angel took Yami’s hand into his trembling one.

“Easy, Yami, don’t try to talk,” Yugi soothed him. “You’re losing a lot of blood.”

Yami’s face broke out into a slight smile before a coughing fit overtook him. After the coughing episode, Yami smiled up at Yugi once more and managed to weakly squeeze the light’s hand.

“I’m-I’m not g-going to ma-make it, aibou,” he whispered.

“Don’t say that!” Yugi ordered, already fighting back oncoming tears. “There has to be a way! There just has to!”

Yami’s crimson eyes locked with Yugi’s amethyst ones.

“Hikari, he was wrong a-about what he-he said.”

Surprised, Yugi gasped as the former pharaoh raised his hand and brushed his bangs from his eyes.

“I DO l-love yo-you b-back.”

The flood of tears that coursed down Yugi’s cheeks weren’t going to stop any time soon as Yami’s hand suddenly went limp in his own and the body went still as rain pounded all around them. A heart-wrenching cry pierced the darkness at that point, Yugi losing all control over his emotions.

“Little One.”

Yugi lifted his head, the tears still visible on his cheeks as he looked to the sky, where the thunderstorm clouds were dispersing and the sun was beginning to shine through.

“Father?” Yugi whispered, sniffing.

“Yes, Little One. I have been watching you closely ever since you have regained your memories.”

Yugi’s head dropped once more, fresh tears filling his eyes.

“He didn’t deserve this, Father,” he stated. “He was just trying to protect me.”

“I understand, my son.”

Yugi sniffed as his tears fell.

“That is why I am giving him a second chance.”

Yugi jerked his head up, shock registering in his eyes. Confusion also settled in as he watched in stunned fascination while Yami’s body was carted into the air. Immediately, the small angel tried to stand, but his injuries prevented him from doing so.

“Yami!” he shouted, anxiously. “Father, what’s happening?”

“This is what has been destined to happen, Little One. Yami has proven himself.”

Yugi frowned at His words, but continued to watch Yami’s body. A white light engulfed the former pharaoh, encompassing it and blocking it from Yugi’s view. After several moments, the light faded, but not enough so Yami was visible. Finally, Yami’s motionless form was placed on the ground. The light faded into nothing and Yugi hardly dared to breathe.

“Father, is he-?”

A soft chuckle interrupted his sentence.

“Of course not, Little One. He is merely sleeping. Go ahead and wake him.”

“I would, Father, but it seems as if I can’t move,” Yugi replied, painfully being reminded of his suffering as he tried, without success, to stand.

“Oh, forgive me, Little Yugi. Here.”

Yugi sighed as warmth overcame him and the scars and wounds on his body disappeared. In a matter of seconds, not a scratch adorned his body and he quickly rose to his feet, making his way towards the figure before him. As he drew closer, Yugi gasped. It wasn’t possible.

‘That’s not Yami,’ he thought, frantically.

‘That’s not Yami!”

‘That’s not Yami!”

A/N: Mmm. Well, it seems that, sadly, this story is coming to a close. Only a few more chapters left. Please, R&R!