Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Origami Music ❯ Epilogue ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Origami Music
Chapter: Epilogue
Author: Madyamisam
Rating: PG-13
Pairing(s): Joey/Seto
Spoilers: None
Disclaimer: Madyamisam doesn't own Yu-Gi-Oh. Nor the lyrics of 'Far Away'
Summary: Two families, two children, two siblings, two friends… funny how an accident could make everything change…
TTTTTTT
Good morning Domino, this is your radio host Andy Dune coming in with your usual fix of 30 minute non-stop music mayhem and we're gonna get this ball rolling here with one hell of a special request. No name to it but a nice little message. "To Seto, the wait is over at the Southside Domino Galleria" Here's looking to you Seto, go get 'em tiger.
He trembled inside as he listened to the song he had listened to many times since that fateful day. The strum of an acoustic guitar and the single loud beat of a drum leading to the first verse of the familiar gravelly voice of the lead singer foretelling a lyrical tale of longing and hope in his first verse.
This time; this place
Misused, mistakes,
Too long, too late
Who was I to make you wait?
The words reflected his feelings for the person he was about to meet. Tapping the volume up a bit more on his IPod, the young man of twenty-one now stared ahead looking at the building that contained what he hoped to see. As he entered, he barely glanced at the various works of art hanging on the walls, opting to stride purposefully to the main exhibit ahead. It was a glorious sight, hanging high from the tall ceiling, an image of a young red headed girl no older than 14 looking out towards a setting sun on the beach. The most intriguing aspect of the piece was the art materials used to make it was not paint, pencil or even pastel chalk. It was a collage of beautifully folded paper, each of them shaped into a masterpiece artwork in themselves. Origami shaped paper birds, tiny boats, flowers, all hung in a formation to form the giant portrait. But even though he recognised the giant image, it was the not what he wanted to see. He looked around the area and panic struck as the person he was most hoping to meet was not there. Almost falling to despair, he clung to the comforting and hopeful words conveyed in the song in his ears.
Just one chance, just one breath
Just in case there's just one left
'Cause you know, you know, you know…..
He gasped when the song was cut short; the headphones ripped away from his ears and he heard nothing but silence.
"Hello Joey," a deep velvet voice resonated in the near empty hall. His breath hitched as Joey slowly turned around to see deep ocean blue eyes. The same russet hair still styled in the same way he remembered three years ago. Seto was here and the blonde needed to take this chance. The music that gave Joey so much comfort whispered on its tune in his mind guiding him on what he knew he must say.
That I love you, I have loved you all along
And I miss you, been far away for far too long
I keep dreaming you'll be with me and you'll never go
Stop breathing if I don't see you… anymore.
"Seto I…" The words fell silent from his lips and a terror gripped him. What if was just coincidence that he was here? The fear that Seto had in fact moved on suddenly played in his mind and he could almost feel the descent of falling back to the dark place that he was banished to all those years ago.
So far away, so far away, been far away for far too long
So far away, so far away, been far away for far too long
Then the brunet drew closer and pulled him in towards his chest. Joey felt a large hand tilt his head up and the taller man pressed his lips against his. The violent descent into despair stopped and everything around them disappeared.
I wanted… I wanted you to stay
'Cause I needed, I need to hear you say...
"I love you," were the first words that came from Seto's lips after their first kiss then he delved in for another and wrapped his arms tightly around the blond. Joey held on returning the kiss with as much fervour. "Don't leave me again please?"
And I forgive you
For being away for far too long
The music in his head played out nearing its end and the last vestiges of doubt vanished from Joey's mind with the last chorus of the song reflecting the moment he shared with Seto.
So keep breathing
'Cause I'm not leaving you anymore
Believe it
"I won't" Joey agreed. "I love you too." The two held each as they listened to the last few lines of the song repeating themselves until the finish. Joey looked over to the art piece admiring his work and the sweet smiling face that was Serenity. "Sweet dreams, little sister" he said then turned his attention to his lover and mouthed the final line of song that imprinted his deepest wish. A wish that Joey knew Seto would definitely fulfil.
Hold on to me never let go……
TTTTTT
Afterword: Oh my God, I finished it. I finally finished it. I don't know why but this epilogue has really, really screwed me up. Seriously, I'm having heart palpitations, night sweats. I can't think straight anymore….. or it could be the fact that I'm writing this at 3:30am in the morning so maybe yeah, I'm just sleep deprived. But anyway, yes this is the end of Origami Music and to anyone who actually wants a sequel to this. NO! It took me freaking years to get this done and my psychological well-being can't hack it. When I wrote Origami Music the songs that I integrated in the story are listened to constantly until the chapter is done so I can keep my mind focused on the character's feelings. Imagine having to listen to such a traumatic song like 'Hello' on a loop just so I can put my mind in the right frame set. That aside, I hoped to anyone that is reading that they enjoyed the story, it was a lot of fun to write and I hope I don't traumatise any of you. If you like my work, I'll still be updating on my other stories, just check out my profile if you want to know what they are and thank you again. Peace.
Madyamisam