Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Our Love ❯ I Will ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I Will

A few days after the incident with Siena and her attempt at tainting Yami's memories Koko is found on a hilltop alone. To any passerby it would look as if she was just enjoying the scenery, but to anybody else who knew of what happened could easily feel her pain just by watching her look out into space. It was still very much the middle of winter and there was even a thin layer of snow covering the streets of Domino. That didn't seem to bother the white-haired girl though as she continued just standing on the top of the small hill. To prove that point she was wearing a dark blue miniskirt with a sneakers and a regular T-shirt, small water drops darkening certain areas of it.

Yugi walked up the hill and carefully watched his darker half's source of affection and love. He could feel his yami's pain through their link and if only he could give that to Koko to show how much Yami was sorry and that he didn't mean what he did…but he couldn't so he decided not to think about that. He didn't really know why he went out of the warmth of the game shop anyway. He wasn't really expecting to see anybody he knew; especially on such a cold day. For some reason though he just felt as though he should stay with her, like he needed to be there for her even when he didn't know what to say.

After a moment of him just standing there and watching her back, the young girl spoke. Her voice was hoarse and scratchy and it was obvious she had shed her own fair amount of tears as well as his other half had. "It hurts so much Yugi." She starts to say. "It really is bad I don't know if I can carry on holding this much pain inside of me." The white haired girl turns around to face the light of her love. Yugi just looks at her sadly and remains silent. "I don't have a reason to live anymore without a love like I thought I had with Yami." Looking at her wrists and the old scars that still remained on them from so long ago she absently starts to rub them like her old habit after `it' happened. "No reasons to live I might as well take it away." She said mostly to herself rather than the innocent boy in front of her.

A spark of fear immediately settled in the young boy's heart, as he quickly was able to figure out what she saying. "No." It was firm and final and straight to the point. "You can't do that Koko or…or I'll tell Bakura and Nusumi and let them handle you. They're your family after all and even if I can't convince you not to take your life I know they'll do something to make you stop. I'll tell everyone and you'll be forced not to go through with it; that I can assure you." With that said Yugi walked back down the hillside after inviting Koko to come over to the game shop to hang out with him and everyone else later. She agrees after a little time alone and after being made to promise not to try anything to take her life like before.

A couple hours later Yami walks up the hill after being told by his light that Koko was up there and planning to do `it' again. He speaks to her even though her back is facing towards him, but though that relieves him since he doesn't think he could handle to say what he's going to say to her face. "Koko…Koko, I'm so sorry. I don't know how you could ever learn to forgive me for what I did, but I promise you that I didn't do it of my own free will. Siena was behind everything. She did have memories of my past from when she was with me and she tainted them before giving them back to me. After you'd left the warehouse she revealed herself and said some stuff about you and I couldn't take it and figured out that she was behind everything so I banished her to the Shadow Realm and I received the true form of my memories. I don't know how I could ever fall in love with such a thing before and you…I don't know how you could ever be from such a monster but I promise you this: you are nothing like her and I know now what love is supposed to be since she was only a gift from my servants and was supposed to listen to everything I had said. I'm so sorry for everything, Koko. I truly am. But-but I don't think I can stand myself anymore after what I did. That's why I've decided to banish myself within the Millennium Puzzle and I shouldn't be there in the first place since Yugi is really supposed to be my reincarnation like you are with Siena. I just needed to tell you that and also that I really did love you and I always will until the end of time and longer, Koko, and thank you for showing me how wrong I was about everything." Yami then starts glowing a bluish color around him.

Koko turns around with tears in her eyes. "I don't want you to go, Yami! I need you in my life. I never meant what I said before about hating you! I never could, Yami! Could you ever forgive me for saying such a thing to you?"

He hesitates and then sees her drop the necklace. His eyes widen at the golden charm that was now lying on the ground next to her shaking, crying form. `How did she get that back? I saw her throw it…did she go back there and get it? But-but why?' He thought to himself.

Flashback

Tears streaming down her face Koko ran up to Yami and pulled the necklace from around his neck. Without so much as hesitating she threw the golden charm in the darkness of the warehouse.

Turning around to face the broken Pharaoh, caused by her actions, she glared unhappily back him. "I hate you, Yami. I'd rather be back with my father being beaten by him. It would've better than having to see and hear you and your lies. I wish I had never met you Yami!" She cried and then ran from the building.

End Flashback

He hesitantly stops glowing and cradles her gently. He reached into his pocket and took something out of. Lifting her tear stained face up to his he then gives her his late Christmas present to her. It's a piece of a Pyramid from Ancient Egypt that he had gotten for Siena in the past. The picture on it was showing them being wed, but on that same day when he got it they both died and he was sealed inside the puzzle.

He gives it to her and she takes it happily even though it was Siena on the old carving and not her. Yami then moves his hand over it at seeing her face sadden at the thought of the picture supposing to be Siena instead of her, it flashes a bluish color like when Yami had glowed just a couple minutes before and it turns into a real picture of him and Koko on their wedding day to be. Koko was clad in a beautiful white gown with dark blue gems that matched her eyes along the hem of her dress, a necklace matching and earrings too. A broach like gem laid gently on her chest the color of Yami's crimson eyes. Both looked very happy. Their pose was also showing that they were meant to be with each other. Facing each other with Yami's arms wrapped around Koko's waist with Koko's arms holding onto Yami's shoulders; their bodies molding perfectly into each other.

He lowered his lips to her ear and whispers gently to her as she looked at the picture amazed. "This is my dream Koko. I wish for it to be true one day if you'll accept me?"

She starts to cry more tears but those tears were ones of happiness at being asked such a thing so still quite young in her life. Yami wipes the fresh tears away and at seeing her nod he wraps his arms around her and kisses her on the cheek softly and closed his eyes as he rested against her and her leaning against him, still staring at picture he had given to her happily. She feels Yami starting to go to sleep and she caresses a cheek before answering him verbally. "Nothing would make me happier than to be with you the rest of my life, Yami." He smiles softly at hearing her quiet verbal answer to his question and falls asleep just like that. Koko lets him not really caring that they were outside. She didn't even realize that a jacket had been wrapped around her. A note with a white and slightly faded pink flower was sitting in the pocket attached to it. When she did notice it she removed one of her hands from Yami's chest that she was massaging and read it.

Hey Koko~

You know you shouldn't be outside in this weather with that outfit silly. Just kidding. We're glad that you got things patched up with Yami. We didn't think it was our place to tell you instead of Yami himself. We're sorry about the whole mess up thing, even if it wasn't really our fault. Anyways, we got a feeling you'll be out here for a while so you can borrow my jacket. See you back at the game shop then.

Friends Forever~

Malik and the gang

Koko smiled and silently thanked her blonde haired friend as she pocketed the note and held the flower in her gentle hands as she continued to hold her lover.

V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed my first YuGiOh fic. This was just some spur of the moment `what if' idea I had though my fave person with Yami is none other than Yugi of course. I luv that couple but like I told you this was just a `what if' idea. Hope you read some of my other fics later on and thanx to everyone who reviewed.