Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Pace ❯ Comings ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

My first fic! (Authoress looks around nervously) I hope you like it.

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu Gi Oh.

~*~

She was restless... again.

She always had been.

Even though others thought she had everything, she could never stay put. Her friends were getting tired of it; the girl just wasn't around enough, always running off to some place they'd never heard of. Staying away for a few months and then showing up again only to be home for a few weeks.

She glanced at the clock. `8:30 AM' She'd have to go or she'd miss her plane. The girl sighed and grabbed her bag, the only luggage she ever carried. She took one last look out the window at the sky before turning and leaving the hotel room.

~*~

"Taxi!" A yellow car pulled up to the curb and she climbed in.

"Where to Miss?"

"Airport."

"Sure, goin' on a trip?"

So the driver was a little talkative, that was okay, she hadn't been able to really talk to someone for awhile now.

"Yeah, to Domino."

"You a duelist? I hear there's some kind of Duel Monsters tournament over there, Battle City I think they were callin' it." (a/n: I don't know if battle city is actually a town, but it didn't sound like it, so deal with it.)

"Actually, there's a big martial arts competition soon. It was a nightmare trying to get a hotel room in that city."

They talked for a little bit, before the cab pulled up to Tokyo Airport. She got out and paid the driver, still clutching her bag. The building loomed in front of her like it always did. The girl stared for a moment before walking in and eventually boarding her plane

And in an alley across the street, someone watched.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Well, there it was, originally it was shorter, about 100 words, but that just wasn't worth posting.

One review buys the next chapter! Flames welcome, because I don't know what they look like.