Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Powerful Bonds ❯ Mixed Feelings ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Helteage: Here's Chapter two!

Hiyami: You seem better.

Amethyst: She got sleep

Mai: I did not sleep with Joey!

Hiyami: No one said you did.

Mai: Whoops…. *runs away*

Amethyst: That was odd…..Well anyways. Mokuba!

Mokuba: Helteage does not own Yugioh or the Egyptians gods mentioned.

Helteage: Good boy! *hands him a cookie*

Mokuba: Yay! *runs off eating his cookie*

Kaiba: *from another room* NO! Where did you get that?! Give big brother the cookie Mokuba…

Helteage:*laughs* He'll be bouncing off the walls for hours

Hiyami and Amethyst: On with the fic!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*

*Helteage's thoughts*

`Kaiba's thoughts'

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*

Kaiba covered his eyes from the blinding light. When the light disappeared, Helteage stood, completely restored.

She raised her sword. "You will fall, demon!"

"Think again!" Kaiba roared.

They charged at each other. The battle stayed the same for the entire fight. Swords clashed, their energies fighting a no win battle. The battle was short but their energy was weakened.

"I don't see what your problem is, you bitch! I save your soul and this is the thanks I get?!"

"I never asked you to! And watch that tongue!"

"Like I'd listen to you."

"You should. You know, that's why you're stuck with Akephalos. You could use a change."

"What do you know?"

"I know more than you do!"

"I'll believe that when I become an angel!"

Helteage growled.

*Stupid demon!*

They sat, glaring daggers at each other for a few moments. Then, Helteage started giggling.

"What do you find so amusing?" He asked, narrowing his blue eyes.

Before she could answer, voices were heard. "Joey Wheeler! I want those starchips back!"

The bushes started rustling.

The two hurried up into a tree, keeping their breathing silent.

Mai Valentine was chasing Joey into the clearing. He suddenly turned around and handed them to her.

"What is that?" she asked, pointing to the horn that Helteage had left behind in her hurry to hide.

"Dunno. Looks kinda weird, duncha think?" Joey replied, picking it up.

"Shit!" Helteage cursed, quickly placing her hands over her mouth. Kaiba smirked.

Joey looked around for the one who was responsible for the swear word, but found no one.

He shrugged and drug Mai back to the camp, leaving the horn in the clearing.

The two waited, until they were sure that the coast was clear, before jumping out of the tree.

"I heard you swear!" Kaiba taunted.

Helteage growled. "Hush up! I can get in serious trouble!"

"Sounds like your problem."

She went over to the horn and sat down. "I wonder what's happening at Sanctuary."

"Why don't you go and find out?"

"There's no way I'm letting you out of my sight and there is no chance of you reuniting with Akephalos, while I'm around!"

"Akephalos can go and rot for all I care."

"Nice thing to say about your master."

"Do you think I chose to go there?! Do you think I wanted to be stuck there for all eternity?! I never even wanted to die!"

Helteage sat in silence, wondering why he was upset. "I don't think anyone wants to."

"What do you know? You have Paradise. You don't know what I'm going through."

"I may not be a demon, but I don't enjoy being away from my family or friends, either!"

Kaiba sat down waiting for her to drop her guard. Unfortunately, she was too smart and figured out that he was trying to get away.

"We can't stay here all day, you know. There are duelists that come by here." Kaiba told her, trying to catch her off guard. "I'm not an idiot! I've been on Duelist Kingdom before!" "Could have fooled me."

She threw a rock at his head. "Don't insult me!"

He narrowed his eyes but ignored her for the most part.

They sat undisturbed for hours. Kaiba had the feeling that she was getting a little to weak to remain on Earth for much longer. He had been one of the few demons to be able to come up for days at a time.

Helteage's eyes began to close slowly before she was hit in the head with the same rock that she had thrown at Kaiba. He laughed at the look on her face.

"Why did you do that?! You know, I was just getting to sleep! Asshole!"

"My, my, don't we have a dirty mouth."

"I'm not a perfect angel." She replied.

Kaiba shook his head. "I get reprimanded for a foul mouth and then you begin the swearing. Are you sure that you are an angel?"

"Of course."

She laid back and closed her crimson eyes, falling into a deep sleep.

Kaiba smirked and stood. He picked up his sword and went over to the sleeping figure. `This is the perfect opportunity.' He thought. He raised his sword to bring it down through the defenseless angel. He waited for the sword to kill his target but he couldn't bring it down. He dropped it to the ground.

He sat down next to her. `Am I getting soft? Usually I would do it, without hesitation. Stupid girl! Why did I have to meet you?!'

He laid back, and watched the clouds go by.

Helteage rolled onto her stomach and her left arm laid across his chest.

He glared at her but made no motion to remove her arm.

`This feels familiar somehow…….'

He then closed his eyes and went to sleep.

~Sanctuary~

"Your guardian angel has left you Amun-Ra! What are you going to do about that?!" Apep called to his enemy.

A pool of water showed Helteage and Kaiba, asleep.

"What trickery is this?!" Amun-Ra asked.

"There is no trickery. Just an angel falling into her dark nature," Akephalos replied, amusement sounding in his voice.

"How dare you attack my children?!" Amun-Ra roared.

"Face it! Your angels think no highly of you than they do the demons they fight!" Apep said.

Osiris could stand it no longer. "Why are you here?! You have been banned to never return!"

Petbe, the Egyptian god of retaliation, watched waiting for his turn to jump in. He found it. "The Pantheon told you never to return! You were warned! Then you manipulate that poor soul that lies on that planet with no energy!"

Horus glared but said nothing.

"Sanctuary will fall! Not a single god will stand in our way!" Akephalos told them.

Amun-Ra growled. "Leave and never return!"

Akephalos laughed. "We'll leave but we will return and you all will pay!" Apep and Akephalos disappeared in a burst of flames.

Horus shook his head. "We have to prepare for his attack. We lost several souls on his last. I just hope our child has not left us forever." He bowed his head.

The other gods looked to each other and silently agreed. "Get the gods of battle and war together. We shall discuss the situation with them." Amun-Ra commanded. The other gods nodded and they all disappeared.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*

Here are who the gods or words I have used in this Chapter If you don't know who or what they are.

Amun-Ra- The supreme Sun god

Apep-The great snake of darkness, who sometimes rose up, mouth agape, to try to swallow Ra's solar barque in its travel across the heavens; Ra always managed to escape, but each of Apep's failed attempts resulted in fierce storms or solar eclipses. The foe of Ra.

Akephalos-the demon god

Horus-Son of Osiris. Falcon headed god. Horus represents renewed strength and vigor, the restoration of what is right and hope for a brighter future.

Osiris-Supreme god and judge of the dead. The symbol of resurrection and eternal life. Provider of fertility and prosperity to the living. Wearing the atef crown and holding the symbols of supreme power, the flail and crook.

Petbe-Egyptian god of retaliation

Pantheon-the gods as a whole

Sanctuary is where souls go to be judged. Those pure enough to be Guardians remain there to be guides to the newly deceased.

I got some of this info from Egyptian Mythology. The rest came from Myth Home

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*

Helteage: So what do ya think?

Kaiba: *yawns* That was a good nap

Hiyami: You slept through that entire thing?

Kaiba: Yeah

Helteage: Thanks a lot Kaiba! *storms off*

Aka: HA!

Ryou: Be quiet yami.

Yami: Read and review!