Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Puppy Love ❯ A Happy Ending? ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, here it is…The last chapter! In a way, I’m sad to see this fic go, but in another, I’m happy to see it completed. This was such a wonderful Yu-Gi-Oh fic for me to do. I don’t know if I’m going to writer another fic, but I think I’ll do a Roba fic on behalf of my friend, Tori-Ishtar, as a request.

Well, here is the conclusion to Puppy Love!

Puppy Love

Chapter 15: A Happy End?

“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.Henry David Thoreau

After countless of hours of searching on the internet, Yugi had stumbled across something that caught his eye. He found a website that was about the ASPCA organization. He scrolled down the website and skimmed through the information in which it was held. The spiky haired teen spied something that caught his eye on the ASPCA web page; it was about adopting animals from abuse/neglect situations.

Yugi read through all of the information, taking it in and trying to memorize as much as he could so he’d have something to go on.

He read through the paragraph and all of its contents. There was a multitude of information the site had to offer about those who have taken animals into their care. There was also a page on the lists of people taking care of the victims from cases. He spotted his name in the listings, and also he found something that he found interesting.

“ The sergeant parents of the victims of cruelty cases, after so many days, have the ability to adopt their case.”

Yugi’s eyes widened at that statement.

Suddenly, his face lit up with joy.

He could keep Ginger! All he had to do was tell Anzu that he would adopt her!

Now, all he had to do was wait until Anzu arrived. When his grandfather was outside, dealing with customers, he jumped up with a “YES!” and did a dance of victory around the small room, looking rather retarded as he did so. He’d never felt such joy in his life! He was going to have Ginger around as a companion and pet. Someone to love and care for. Someone to offer constant and unconditional love. Someone who would be his friend for life!

Ginger would be his!

Now…All he had to do was wait.

Later on that day, Yugi heard that familiar knock at his door. It was the knock that Anzu gave every time she appeared at his door to come and check on Ginger. Yugi happily—overly happily opened the door.

“Hi Anzu!”

“Hi Yugi…” Anzu blinked in confusion. ‘Why is he so happy? Last time he was practically begging me to give him another week, so what’s with the façade?’

“Come in.” Yugi offered.

“Oh…” Anzu was pulled out of her current thoughts. “Right.”

She walked in and sat on the couch.

“Well…You know what time it is…Right?” She asked.

“I sure do.” Yugi nodded in response.

Anzu looked confused, not being able to decipher Yugi’s unusual show of happiness at what seemed to be a grim hour for the two.

‘What’s with him?’

“Something wrong, Anzu?” The spiky haired teen questioned.

“What’s with you, Yugi?” She asked. “It comes time for me to take Ginger and you aren’t even emotional or anything?”

“No.”

“Eh?!”

“You&# 8217;re not taking Ginger. She’s staying with me.”

“Yugi, you know that I—“

“I’m adopting her.”

“You’re what?”

“I’m adopting her. Every sergeant parent has that right, Right?” Yugi asked.

“They do…” Anzu trailed.

“So I can?”

Anzu looked thoughtful for a few moments, “I don’t know why you couldn’t.”

Yugi looked as if he was about to explode with happiness.

“All you have to do is call the ASPCA with you adoption information.”

“All right!” Yugi yelled. “Thanks Anzu, you’re the best!”

The man jumped up and gave his girlfriend a kiss of joy. “I owe you - - Big time!”

Anzu blinked. “Um…Thanks!?”

Yugi ran over to Ginger and hugged the brown dog. He received a lick on the face.

“I can keep you! I’m so happy.”

Ginger barked in response.

She had finally found a good home and someone who would care about her. She was free from the cruelty of others and the harshness of the world.

She was finally his!

She was at home!

And she would never see another cruelty case again.

Well, that’s the end of Puppy Love! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! I really loved writing this fic and I’m glad to see the horde of reviews. Anyway, please take the time out to review this chapter, any review is fine! I hated to end it, but all good things must come to an end, right? I’ll be writing another YGO fanfic soon, but as for now, I’m fresh out of ideas. I might do an Ishizu and Seto fic, since I love that couple, or maybe an Anzu/Seto fic, since people really like those. Now I’m back to about 5 fanfics, and it feels great. I’ve brought my numbers down, so that means! More fanfics!

Don’t forget to review me!

R&R!