Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Rainy Day Knight ❯ Battle City ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Well, here we go with chapter one of this story. This is told from the main character's P. O. V. Who is the main character you ask? I'll leave that up to you to figure out.

Rainy Day Knight

Chapter 1:
BattleCity

As I look around me, I see a world who suffers as I do, at the hands of this great malice. This world is stiff and cold, just as the surface of an unmovable boulder. Everyone is so cold, emotionless. They don't care about you or anyone else in this world, all they care about is themselves and their own selfish ambitions.

It is a pity to say, this is the world I was brought up in. As a result, I myself am probably no better then they are. I do think I am better, I mean, of course I am. I am a great duelist, no one can beat me! I placed 2nd in the Duelist Finals before the events in Duelist Kingdom.

I walked outside, to check my mail, as I do everyday; I received a letter from Seto Kaiba, the World Champion. I wonder what he wanted.

I opened the envelope and read the letter. He was holding another dueling tournament in a place called Battle City. Seemed interesting enough. Since I got invited, I may as well go, besides, the very thought that I was defeated by the doofus Jou beat me sent waves of hatred and vengeance up my spine. I'll go to Battle City and I'll beat Jou, this I promise myself.

I went back inside and sat on the sofa. It was so boring at my house, after sitting there a while; I felt my eye lids get heavy. I snapped back to wake myself and plodded into my room. I took out my dueling cards and went through them; I laid them on the table and put together all possible strategies and combinations I could use. I sat for hours doing this, perfecting my deck as best I could. I needed to be prepared for any condition and circumstance.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Days seemed to pass and it was time for my departure for Battle City. I packed some clothes, money; enough for my stay in a nearby apartment, my dueling cards, of course, as well as some other material possessions I thought were necessary, and the essentials for hygiene.

I closed the suitcase tightly and prepared for my trip. I brushed my hair, which flowed wildly about, brushed my teeth, and straightened, up my appearance. I reached for my usual bottle of cologne, and bent the top down a bit, but because I forgot to put the lid on, I dumped it on myself.

"ARGH!" I yelled at my own blunder. Well, I wanted to smell good, and now I smell REAL good and REAL strong. I cursed as I cleaned the spilt cologne up, not that I can do much about my drenched clothes. Looks like I'm going to have to air dry myself.

I headed out the door, the cologne smelling stronger then ever, on my way to Battle City, unaware of the events that were about to befall me.

Well, could you guess who this story is going to be about? If you haven't, then you'll find out, if you keep reading that is, and if you think you have, I'd love to hear your guess. Please leave a review with your guess and/or thoughts on my story, what do you think? Should I write more? Tell me!! ^_^ I'm dying to know.

TBC