Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Rainy Day Knight ❯ Bad Day Part II ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Well, I am back and have no fear! I’ll give everyone cause for cheer. For to day I’ve come to say. Here’s a new chapter so review away!!

I felt like rhyming today, sorry about that, but in all seriousness. Chapter 8 is here, and thanks to everyone who was reviewing.

Chapter 8: Bad Day Part II

I woke up this morning in a most uncomfortable way. I rolled out of bed and hit the dresser on the way down. With a groan of pain, I rubbed my aching back and decided to go over to the refrigerator for a bite to eat. With all of my luck, the fridge was bare, so i decided to stick with the next best thing; going to town.

I gathered up what money I could find and began to get ready.

That’s when the bad things began to happen...

First off, I couldn’t find my hair brush. I looked all around for it, my hair in an ungodly mess. I cursed to myself as my search was still in vain. I finally found it in my third dresser drawer.

“How the hell--?” I started as I examined the brush.

I ignored it as I went about my business. After I brushed my hair, I tried to find my hat, which was almost always on my head. I made a face of annoyance and let out a groan. I began a second search, completely trashing my apartment.

I found my hat. It was in the freezer.

In the freezer!?

What the hell was my hat doing in the freezer? How did it get there. This was all too creepy...I was beginning to wonder if my apartment was haunted. Was anything else out of place?

Sure enough, things seemed to be in the most odd of places. All around me, things had not been where I put them. Maybe someone came in while I was asleep and moved things as some sort of cruel practical joke....

After I got ready, getting my shoes out of the trash can, my clothes off the computer, and my dueling cards out of the bookshelf, I began to head out on my merry way.

I walked down the flights of stairs to the bottom of the apartment, almost falling as I did so. On the way there, I fell over a rock, was chased by a dog, got rained on, a car drove past and splattered mud on me, and I lost some money down a sewage pipe. Not to mention I ran into a stop sign and a little kid laughed at my for smashing my nose. Did I wake up on the wrong side of bed or what? I didn’t think there was a right side of the bed to wake up on, since all of the side of the bed was blocked by walls...

I went into the store to buy the usual stuff. I went and they didn’t have the type of cereal I liked, so I had to buy an off brand generic cereal that looked like it but probably didn’t taste like it.

 

As I was walking through the isles, I thought I saw Sakamoto. I ran through the crowded isles and up to the figure.

“Hey!” I shouted.

The darkened figure walked off. It seemed to disappear into the crowd and I ran as fast as I could. Faster and faster and I seemed to be getting close to him. At a given moment in time, it felt like I had ran past him. I stopped where I was, and I turned around and he was gone in a flash. Was Sakamoto a ghost ? What was going on?

I looked in front of myself, to make sure he wasn’t in front of me, and sure enough he wasn’t.

That was weird...

I walked over to the cashier and paid for my crap cereal. I walked home, falling in a puddle on the way. Good thing my cereal was in a bag. It would’ve been drenched with rainwater and mud.

I should really stop being so paranoid, I’m causing myself to stress out. What was it that was so weird about that Sakamoto guy? I mean, he’s just some business man who I saw at a restaurant one day. So what’s the deal?

Perhaps he’s connected to the necklaaaaa---ce!!!

I fell up the stairs...

Ouch...

I grumbled as I got up. Ugh...That freakin’ hurt. I got up slowly and muttered to myself about my own misfortunes. I was truly having a bad day.

I continued to walk up the stairs and slowly made it to the sliding glass doors of my apartment room. I opened them and walked in to my trash filled apartment.

I walked over and opened the bag, unfortunately, the bag didn’t want to open. I had to force the little thing open. As I did so, the bag ripped and cereal went flying everywhere.

UGH!!!

This was so tiring....

In a fit of anger, I grabbed the orange juice out of the fridge and poured it in my cereal. Then I realized that it wasn't milk. Just my luck....

I can’t believe today was going to bad, and it wasn’t even past morning yet!!

How am I going to survive?

I’ll die before I get through the day!!

I sat down and stuffed a spoonful of the nasty mixture in my mouth, it was better then starving, wasn’t it?

After I was done, I dropped the dish on the ground, it shattered into a million pieces. I went and swept it up. The necklace had been in my pocket ever since last night when I had found it. I couldn’t help but to think about who it belonged to.

Maybe it was some rich lady who had a fortune, or maybe a really pretty girl...

Maybe there’s a reward for it? Or maybe someone threw it down because they didn’t want it. Perhaps it was just a piece of costume jewelry...

Knowing my luck, especially at the moment, it was nothing more then a worthless piece of junk that someone just wanted to dispose of, so they’d be rid of it.....

Guess we’d just have to see....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*

Well, that’s all for that fic chapter, more to come eventually. Hope that it wasn’t too boring. The actual storyline should be kicking off by the next chapter. Please R&R to see what becomes of Rex!!

R&R!!

 

 

 

 

&n bsp;