Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Raison D'Etre ❯ Encounter ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Raison D'Etre

+++

Chapter Rating: G

Overall Rating: PG-13

+++

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh! or Seto Kaiba, or any other official characters. However, I DO own some of the characters that appear here. Please do not use unless you have my permission, okay? ^_^

+++

Author's Notes: Whee, first real Yu-Gi-Oh! fic! This idea had been rolling around in my mind for a while, I suddenly got the urge to write it. No, this is not a self-insertion fic and, hopefully, not a Mary-Sue either. This also has my own way of interpreting Seto, so if you don't agree, I'm sorry. It's just how he comes across to me, ok? ^^ I hope you enjoy my fic! Comments are welcome! Flames will be used to cook marshmallows. XD On to the fic!

+++

Prologue + Encounter

He walked down the halls of his company in a dead silence. The boy had no real reason for walking aimlessly around the establishment. He just need time to think.

His hand found itself in his pocket and he pulled out a Duel Monster card. The God of Obelisk, to be exact. Kaiba smirked in satisfaction upon gazing at the God card. He was amazed that Isis would give this to him, of all people. Though the woman did say that he would give it back to her one day. He scoffed at the idea, he doubted it. Though, Isis did have the Sennen Tauk. She probably knew more on the matter than he did.

Slipping the God card back into his pocket, Kaiba suddenly realized that he'd managed to wander towards the basement of his company. He chuckled, assuming that his advisors were having a fit, trying to find him. Mokuba was at a friend's house that day, and Kaiba just didn't feel like running his company. Like he had better things to be doing.

Kaiba let out a deep sigh when he reached a door that he assumed lead to the basement or the storage room. He himself had never been there, his workers usually went there on his behalf. Suddenly overcome with curiosity, he pushed the door open and stepped in.

Only to find that this room didn't seem to have a floor…

It wasn't a very long fall, and surprisingly he landed on his feet. Though, he was overcome with confusion. What exactly had just happened? He'd wandered to the basement, opened a door and entered a room that had no floor? What the heck?

Stumbling just a bit to regain his balance, he rubbed his temples. What a week he'd had. Deciding to find out more about where he was, he began to walk toward the sound of clicking. Upon listening a bit longer, he recalled the sound as being somewhat the sound of a computer CPU booting up. Or perhaps a rather large machine of some kind.

If becoming even more confused was even possible for him, Kaiba pressed on, suddenly determined to find out just what the heck was going on.

He estimated about five minutes later, the CEO reached another door. Cautiously, he opened the door.

He gasped in almost terror at what he saw.

Kaiba's eyes widened. There were cords tangled over almost every possible inch of this seemingly forbidden room. A machine was set in the corner, stats of some kind flashing across a small screen on it. His eyes followed the multi-colored cords up towards the ceiling. A few of the cords got considerably thicker, until he noticed something that made his heart stop for a moment.

It appeared to be a girl. A girl was being held up in the air by the cords, the thick cords entering something in her back. She was in a fetal position of sorts, her legs bent and her arms wrapped around her knees. The girl's eyes were closed, and her silky black hair rained down the sides of her face.

Kaiba had never seen anything like this. What on earth was this girl? Was it even a real girl? The duelist took a few steps closer to her to get a better look. She was held up about five inches taller than he was. He pursed his lips and slowly brought a hand up to her face, gently placing it on her cheek.

Suddenly, he heard a click and a whirl. He shot his hand back as if he'd been burned when the girl's eyes shot open. Her eyes did not seem normal at all. They were glassy and almost black in color. Her expression was blank for a few moments, until a disembodied voice spoke.

"State your name."

Kaiba stared in shock for a moment before finally managing, "Seto Kaiba." He whispered.

"State a password." It spoke again.

His eye's narrowed in thought for a moment. Password? The only explanation he could come up with was if she was a computer…

"Obelisk." He stated again.

"Loading…name and password accepted." The 'girl' closed her eyes yet again, and much to Kaiba's surprise, she fell free of her binding cords with a sudden flash of electricity.

The CEO gasped as she fell into his arms, which caused him to topple over backwards. He groaned a bit and sat up, the girl still on top of him.

"Android Alpha 100-957 program loaded. User is Seto Kaiba. Password is Obelisk. All clear…" She sat up, her eyes still closed. She remained in that position for a moment, which gave Kaiba a chance to look her over.

Lucky for him, she did have some sort of clothes on. A near skin tight body suit which was a deep blue. Her ebony hair was to her mid back, and was tied in the front by two gray ribbons.

The android opened her eyes again and looked at him. Her eyes seemed to be more full of life than before…

"Ai?" She spoke.

"What?" Kaiba blinked.

"Ai!" She chirped again.

"Is that all you can say…?"

"Aiii…?" She seemed to mock his tone of voice.

He sighed. "Did Kaiba Corp. create you?"

The android nodded.

Kaiba frowned, "And they didn't tell me about this?"

The android frowned too, copying him. Kaiba looked at her oddly, and she copied his expression again. The CEO just shook his head and stood up, the android following suit.

"Do you know how to get out of here?" He asked.

"Ai!" She nodded as she walked to the door he had come in.

Kaiba smirked grimly.

Well, this was an odd turn of events…

+++

Prologue + Encounter + Fin