Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Reborn The Monster ❯ Every Adventure Has A Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Much to my dismay I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh or any of the characters.

Author Note: I decided to revise this whole fic. I assure you that it will be better then before. I would like to thank those who reviewed. Hopefully I'll be able to get the chapters out faster then I used to. Again, thanks for the reviews.

Shadow Vitani

Chapter One: Every Adventure has A Beginning

Every student in Domino High was staring at the clock. Only five more minutes and they would be out of school for the entire summer. In his eighth period history class, Joey Wheeler, was particularly zoned out. Their teacher was determined to cram their young heads with every bit of knowledge until the final bell rang. "…And then in 1687 they raised up an army in rebellion."

Joey laid his head down on the desk. Why was that when he hit the snooze button to get an extra five minutes of sleep it went by quickly but now five minutes seemed like an eternity? "Mr. Wheeler, do I sense that you are uninterested in my lesson." Joey looked up startled to see his teacher staring down at him.

Joey rolled his eyes up and looked at the teacher and yawned in protest. "You say sumtin'?"

The teacher rolled his eyes. "You need to learn to pay attention, regardless on whether school lets out in five minutes or five hours. Do you understand?"

Joey nodded his head but he didn't mean it. Finally four minutes later the bell sounded its familiar ring and Joey practically fell out of the classroom. "I don't understand why he kept teachin' us stuff. What's he gonna do e-mail us a test?" Joey muttered under his breath.

"Joey!" Came a familiar voice from the other end of the hall. Joey looked over the crowd of stampeding students to see a small hand waving for him.

"Hey Yug' I didn' see ya." Joey grinned.

Yugi frowned. "Eh, Yug' I didn' mean it like that sorry." Joey said quickly. "Wha's up?"

Yugi's smile returned quickly. "I was talking to Bakura earlier and we were wondering if you want to meet up this afternoon for some pizza or something?"

"Pizza?" Joey said rubbing his hands together in glee. "Yeah man count me in. Uh, you buyin'?"

Yugi cocked his head and looked at Joey. "I was jus' kiddin'" Joey said waving his hands quickly.

Yugi smiled brightly. "Well Joey, if you really need some cash I wouldn't mind helping you out."

"Naw Yugi really I was kiddin' around."

Yugi shrugged his shoulders. "Alright Joey if you say so. We're meeting at that pizza place near Grandpa's shop at around five okay?"

"Yeah alright." Joey said. "See ya later Yug'"

Yugi quickly hurried off stopping suddenly as he passed the bulletin board.

Summer Trip!!!

Visit Egypt this summer with the science department.

Help discover buried tombs and lost treasures!

July 2-14

Call Ms. Sanders for reservations

HURRY SPOTS ARE LIMITED

498-3432

Yugi blinked in curiosity and quickly scrawled the information on his notebook. 'Wonder if the guys would be interested.' He thought to himself as he arrived home.

*

"I'll have a medium pizza with extra cheese, pepperoni, and sausage, oh yeah and green peppers." Joey said as the waitress rushed to write everything down.

"Is that all?" She asked Joey nodded.

"Alright an' what do you guys want?" He asked turning to the rest of the group. The waitress looked up from her pad in disbelief. 'Where the heck does this kid keep it all?'

"We'll just share a large pizza with cheese and pepperoni thanks." Bakura said still looking a Joey as he folded up the menu.

"Whatcha got there Yug'? Joey asked watching his friend pull a small piece of paper out of his pocket.

"Well," Yugi said unfolding it on the table. "It information I found about a summer trip on the bulletin board on the way out of school this afternoon."

"Bulletin board?" Joey asked looking confused. "Wha's a bulletin board?"

"It's the place where all the clubs and activities are posted Joey." Tea said sipping her coke. Joey continued to wear the same look on his face. "You know right outside the library."

"Library?" Joey said looking to Tristan for help. Tristan shrugged his shoulders.

"Don't look at me." Tristan said leaning back into his seats. "I don't even know where the 'library' is." He stated doing a little finger wiggle around the word library.

"The bulletin board doesn't really matter guys." Bakura spoke up.

"Right," Yugi said silently thanking Bakura. "It's information about the science department's trip to Egypt."

"Science department?" Joey asked earning a smack from Tea. "Ow." Joey moaned rubbing his head. "Alright, alright I get it I'll stop. What do we do on this trip anyways?"

"Well," Yugi said getting a bit nervous about mentioning that this trip was going to be educational. "It says that you help uncover tombs and ancient treasure."

"Treasure eh?" Joey said sticking his hands behind his head. "I dunno Yug' this sounds educational."

Yugi gave Joey a pleading smile. "I know Joey, but I thought you know maybe this is something fun that we could all do together."

"Together eh? Does that mean we have to take Tea too?" Joey snickered.

"Watch it." Tea said shaking her fist at Joey.

"Kidding! Kidding!" Joey said covering his head.

"Well I think it's a great idea." Tristan said. "I mean at least it's something to do over vacation." Tristan said quickly upon seeing the look he was getting from Joey.

"Alright I'll go!" Joey said quickly.

"Really?" Yugi said happily.

"Yeah I mean its Egypt right, hot a deserty I'm sure all the luscious babes that go will be in tank-tops an' short shorts."

"Who wears shorts?" Tristan said humming in a singsong voice.

"Well all go." Tea said pretending not to hear the remarks from the two boys sitting to her left.

"Since when do you speak for Bakura?" Tristan sneered dropping out of his fantasy of short-shorted women.

Tea blushed and looked over at Bakura. "What do you say Bakura?" She asked sweetly. "Do you want to come?"

"I don't see the harm in it." Bakura said. "I guess so."

Yugi grinned. "I'll call tomorrow and get our reservations."

*

"Eh Yug'" Joey said to Yugi as they were both walking home later that night.

Yugi looked up at his friend. "What?"

"Are you invitin' Yami?" He asked.

//Inviting me where?// Yami's voice in his head made Yugi jump a bit.

/I'll tell you when we get back./ Yugi said cheerfully.

//…alright…// Yami responded.

Yugi nodded his head and smiled. "Of course. I was planning on talking to him about it when we got back."

"Alright, bye Yugi." Joey waved to his friend as Yugi unlocked the door and stepped inside. No sooner had he shut the door did the puzzle start to glow and Yami emerged.

"Go where?" Yami asked again.

Yugi looked uneasy. Yami really wasn't the social type. Any time Yugi wanted him to go somewhere with him and his friends he had to practically beg. "Well," Yugi began. "We're all going on a trip to Egypt with school and I was wondering…"

"If I'd come to?" Yami prompted. Yugi just nodded. Yami sighed and looked at the little one standing in front of him. Yami finally gave a reluctant sigh. "Of course I'll go."

Yugi cheered in glee. "Thanks," He said happily. "I don't think the trip would be the same without you."

*

"I don't think the trip would be the same without me." Yami Bakura's voice dripped with maliciousness.

Bakura slowly gulped gathering his voice to say what he had to say. "Why-why would you even want to come? I-It's a trip with me and my friends." Bakura recoiled and spoke quicker as Yami Bakura made means to strike him. "You wouldn't have any fun." Bakura flinched waiting for the wind to be knocked out of him.

Nothing happened.

Bakura slowly opened an eye to see his Yami standing over him laughing his head off. "Fun?" He sneered. "I assure you I will have fun. It will be loads of fun." His dark eyes grew colder as he glared at Bakura. "But you," He snapped. "If you mention my presence to that no good asshole or any of those sniveling idiots you call friends. I swear to you that you'll live to regret it."

Bakura closed his eyes as his Yami disappeared back into the accursed Millennium Ring. 'What am I getting myself into?' Bakura groaned inwardly. 'If I don't go he'll probably make good on his word to make my life hell, not that he doesn't already.' Bakura mused. 'But I'm sure he could make things much worse. So I have to go, but what danger would I be sticking my friends in by having him come?' Bakura rubbed his temples. If something horrible happened to his friends he didn't know what he would do. Bakura lay awake in his bed staring at the ceiling.

After a whole five hours of tossing and turning he finally decided that he would go. If things seemed to get out of hand with his Yami he would tell. Surely Yugi or his Yami could do something about it before he had a chance to retaliate his anger on him.

*

"Seto!" Mokuba whined as his brother lead him up to his bedroom. "All the other kids are going on vacations with their families."

Kaiba looked down at his younger brother. "Mokuba." Seto said flatly. "We just don't have the time."

"We?" Mokuba pouted. "You don't have the time. You promised Seto, you promised after Pegasus kidnapped me and that whole messy ordeal happened that we'd spend more time together."

"And we will just not on some stupid science trip to Egypt." Inwardly Kaiba was confused on how his brother found out about such a trip and why he wanted to go.

"We don't have to go with the school Seto." Mokuba said crawling into bed we can go just you and me." Kaiba shook his head no. "We never do anything together. I probably won't see you at all this summer."

"Mokuba."

"I'll probably forget what you look like, I think I'm forgetting your name already. Yugi." Mokuba grinned an evil little brother inward grin. That was sure to set his brother off.

"What?" Kaiba said taken aback.

"Big brother Yugi," Mokuba said pouting. "Why won't you take me on a trip."

Kaiba sighed. "I know what you're trying to pull." Mokuba's face fell. "And we can go alright. Just don't ever call me Yugi again!" Kaiba said shutting the door behind him.

*

Author Note: Well I'm hoping the rewrite turns out better then the original. I thought the original was too vague. Anyway show your love and appreciation. (You do have love and appreciation right?) By reviewing!

Shadow Vitani