Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Reborn The Monster ❯ Into the Dark Tomb ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter Seven: Into The Dark Tomb

"Here?" Seto asked shaking his head. "You've got to be kidding." He growled looking where Yami was standing. "I think you've lost your mind."

"Can't you stop being such a cold smart ass for five minutes?!" Joey asked through his teeth.

Seto glared at Joey. "I'm just saying that this pile of sand can't possibly be-."

"Seto please!" Mokuba pleaded looking exasperated. "Why do you guys always have to fight with each other?"

Seto growled but didn't answer Mokuba's question. "Sorry." Joey said softly to Mokuba. Seto in turn cut his eyes at Joey but didn't say a word.

Yami knelt down in the sand as began to sift his fingers through it. "Whoa man are we going to have to dig this underground temple up?" Tristan asked looking concerned.

"Not if I can find what I'm looking for." Yami responded not even looking up and slow smirk spread across his face as he pressed his hand in deeply. "Stand back everyone." He said calmly as the ground beneath them began to shake. A couple among the group gasped in shock while the other scurried out of the way, Yami however, stood there in the midst of this chaos with a look of pure determination on his face.

*

"What the hell is going on?!" Mira screamed to Yami Bakura as she felt the rumble and commotion above her.

Yami Bakura growled slanting a glare over in Yugi's direction, "The Pharaoh has arrived." He said now gesturing towards Yugi. "He's probably going to come looking right for the kid."

Mira looked confident. "I have the whole thing planned. He will come straight down the main corridor to come save his precious Yugi. The others will spilt up in effort to find the spell book." She shot a look over to Yugi. "Yes you little rat I know you had a little conversation with the Pharaoh! I know you told him the book was here! Bastard you realize that won't be happening again."

Yugi pulled his knees to his chest whimpering. He closed his eyes and let a few tears slid down his cheeks. Yami please be all right he thought to himself.

"I sent you know what," Yami Bakura whispered looking over at Yugi. "To guard the two side ways. I sent them deep in as a little surprise."

Yugi shot up his eyes voiced that of panic. "What are you going to do to my friends?" He said with a mix of fear and boldness in his voice.

Mira smirked. "Yugi." She said. "Don't concern yourself with that. You'll probably see soon enough."

Yugi's eyes widened as he saw a bony figure in the doorway. It' smell was awful and it's presence sent chills down his spine. "My master." It said bowing before Mira. "We have stationed ourselves in the west and east corridors. I have been spent by the others to get your orders on what we should do to those who trespass in our territory."

"What ever you like." She said waving her hand. "It doesn't matter."

Yugi watched in horror as it left dragging along down the narrow and dark corridor. "That Yugi," Mira said happily. "Is what will be waiting for your friends!" Her features hardened and she smirked. "Those were my followers! You know what your precious Yami did to them after my army and I were stopped? He killed them Yugi he had them all killed. Everyone of them!"

Yugi whimpered she knew she had to. She knew that he didn't like it when Yami hurt people. Yugi shook his head. This was different these people were worse then Pegasus! They were evil they deserved what they got. "They deserved it!" Yugi shouted with a mix of pain.

Mira looked taken a back and shook her head. "And he deserves what's coming to him." She spat.

"Look!" Yami Bakura said throwing her something from Yugi's deck. "A little something that might be fun to use on the pharaoh."

Mira looked down at the card. It was Brain Control.

*

When the commotion ended there was a small opening leading into an entrance. "There you have it." Yami said pointing to the opening. "Mira's underground base." Without another word he jumped in. Followed by the others.

"Bakura and I will take this tunnel." Joey said pointing right.

"That leaves this one for Tea and myself." Tristan said looking left.

"What does this book look like?" Joey asked.

""Thick and black with gold lettering. I promise it will be easy to spot." Yami assured him nodding as they went off in their respect directions.

"This doesn't mean I like you." Seto said as the others left. Yami turned and gave him a puzzled look. Mokuba gave him a pleading one.

"What?" Yami asked.

"Just because I'm helping you all out doesn't mean we're friends." He said coldly. "I'm doing this because Mokuba wanted to."

"Seto." Mokuba said firmly. "I told you not to say something like this."

"I didn't want them getting any ideas." Seto said brushing off his brother and starting to walk ahead.

"It's okay Mokuba." Yami said softly. "I wasn't expecting him to change that quickly."

"He'll come around one day." Mokuba said brightly. "I'm sure of it."

*

"It's extremely dark back here." Bakura said tracing his hand along the wall quickly recoiling it when it came across something foreign.

"How we ever gonna find that book?" Joey asked.

"We just have to." Bakura protested. "Yami and Yugi are counting on us."

"Bakura." Joey said turning to face the boy. "Whatever you may think none of dis is your fault."

Bakura downcasted his eyes, "I just can't change the way I feel about this whole situation."

Joey nodded. "Don't worry everythings gonna be alright again!" He said giving him a thumbs up. "You got my word."

Bakura forced a smile. "That mean a lot to me Joey. Thanks."

"No prob man. Now lets get dat book an' get outta here."

*

Yami paused in the entranceway of the main room. He shook his head when he saw little Yugi curled into a ball sobbing softly in the corner of the room. "Kaiba." He said in a whisper. "I want you to sneak in after me and bust Yugi out of that cage."

"What do you want me to do?" Mokuba asked.

Yami looked at him with softened features. "Help your brother Mokuba, I don't want you to help me it's too dangerous."

"What are you going to do?" Seto barked.

"Distract them for you." Yami said with a nod.

"Mokuba can free Yugi himself." Seto said. "I'm going to do some distracting too. There are two of them you can't keep both occupied."

"Then let me take Mira and you take Yami Bakura." Yami insisted.

"That much I'll let you take care of." Seto snarled.

"Really Kaiba that's bold of you wanting to take on me." Yami Bakura said from the room.

"He knows were here." Yami growled.

"I assure you Seto Kaiba keeping me occupied is no easy task." He thumped his deck.

"There will be no need to fight the Kaiba." Mira spat as she dragged Yugi along side her. Meanwhile unknown to anyone Mokuba snuck by everyone into the main room.

"Pharaoh do you recognize this card?" Mira asked holding up Brain Control.

"That's from Yugi's deck." Yami growled.

"I didn't ask whose deck it was from." Mira taunted. "I asked if you recognized it."

Yami slanted his eyes. "Why?"

"Well normally you wouldn't lay a finger of harm on little Yugi would you?" Mira said twirling the card in her hand. Yami's eyes filled with horror as realization. "But what if you were under my control for one whole turn? As long as I could hold you that is?"

Seto looked at Yami whose head sank to the ground. Seto almost felt sorry for him there had to be something they could do to keep her from taking control of Yami. No telling what she would do with him once she had him. Just then out of the corner of his eye he saw Mokuba rummaging around the main room. He quickly turned his attention back to Mira and Yami.

"What do you think about that?" Mira asked holding up the card. "I activate it now! Brain Control!"

Yami tried as hard as he could to fight against what was pulling him towards Yugi. "I'm sorry." He muttered as he grabbed Yugi by the shirt and pulled him towards his face. Next thing he knew he had his hands around Yugi's next. Tears slid down his cheeks as Yugi struggled against his grip.

"I forgive you Yami." He gasped trying his hardest not to pass out.

Yami could feel his grip tighten. That sick bitch how dare she force him to hurt Yugi. His arms felt like lead as he tried to pull them away from Yugi's next.

"Let go of him!" Came a scream from behind Mira as she was blind sided with…the Dark Magician's staff? Just then Yami tumbled to the ground and Yugi fell a few feet in front of him. Mira stood up and growled glaring into the face of her assailant. Mokuba. "How dare you!" She said reaching for the card that had been flung out of her hands but a boot crushed over the card.

She looked up and locked eyes with Seto Kaiba. "I don't think so. Game over." He growled.

Mira just began to laugh flat out cackle in glee. "You think it's over?" She laughed. "I think not! The game has just begun."