Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Returning Curses ❯ The Dream ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Returning Curses

Chapter 1: The Dream

Yami was running. His best friends, Bakura and Aniu were beside him. He took another glance behind him. He could see the dim outline of their pursuer running after them. He turned his attention to the road ahead, and saw that it split into three routes.

The three nine year olds looked at each other, and without a word, split apart. Each friend taking a different trail. All in the hopes of losing the evil high priest behind them.

After half an hour of continous running, he stopped, panting. He had lost his pursuer. A chill ran through him as he realised that the man chasing them had probably taken the route of either Bakura or Aniu.

Yami felt a presence behind him. He spun around to see only the club that came down on his head before everything went black.

---

Yami awoke to find, to his horror, that he was tied to a stone slab, with the maniacal high priest standing above him, with a crazed look in his eyes.

"Well Yami, your friends may have gotten away, but I can still extract my revenge upon you. For years, you brats have been spying on me! No doubt you knew about the conspiracy against the pharoah, it would explain why you and your friend Aniu kept an awfully close watch over me at the banquet. But now, you shall pay for your insolence!" he screeched. Yami stared up at him with hatred in his eyes. The man was evil.

Yami felt his insides contract as the high priest unrolled a scroll of papyrus, and began to read the curse. It was even more horrifying, because Yami could recognize the curse.

Yami's violet eyes showed no fear, only hatred toward the evil man before him. At least he would die forcefully, instead of whimpering like a scared puppy.

As the summoning of the curse neared its end, a red mist started to form and hover five feet above Yami. This was the end.

The evil priest grinned triumphantly as his eyes rested on the last word. He was about to speak it, when Aniu's sword sliced his body, and he fell motionless upon the stone floor. Bakura and Aniu came running up to him.

The red mist above him began to swirl, then shot into Yami's body. The last thing he remembered before blacking out was his friend's screams.

---

Yugi Mutou woke up with a jolt. He was sweating and shaking. Just a dream. He reminded himself. But he gulped as he realised it probably wasn't just a dream as he stared at the puzzle resting on his bedside table.

For three weeks now, Yami had begun to receive memories of his past, and because Yugi was just a modern version of Yami, he also received the memories. He always liked the memories, because they revealed a lot of Yami's past, but for once, Yugi hoped that this was just a dream, not a memory.

----------------

I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh, but I do own Aniu and the maniac high priest

And NO the priest is NOT Seto Kaiba's past life

Please Review!