Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Returning Curses ❯ Thoughts ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Returning Curses

Chapter 2: Thoughts

Yugi glanced out the window at the street below. Was that really a memory? he thought. He turned from the window and looked at his digital clock. 3:00.

Yugi dared not go back to sleep, for he was afraid the dream would return. Only a dream.

Or was it? Yugi sighed. Only one way to know.

Yugi reached for the puzzle. His hand was halfway there, when Yugi quickly pulled his hand back. If it was a problem, Yami would have called for me by now.

He sighed again. Yugi just didn't know what to do. Doesn't Yami usually talk to me about a memory after he recieves one? Yugi suddenly realized. Yes, Yami does... Why didn't he call me for this memory?

Suddenly, Yugi realized the answer. The memory only came to me.

Yugi was puzzled. He knew that this was the right answer. But why? Why did it come to only me? Is it something only I'm supposed to know? Why? Will I ever get answers?

Yugi watched as a man walking a dog strolled past the shop. That man never had to deal with magic, or a millennium item or a yami who's the pharaoh of Egypt. He's lucky. I envy him.

He groaned and let his thoughts wander back to the dream. Maybe if I could talk to someone who was there... Yugi thought about this for a minute.

Well, if Yami didn't recieve the memory, it would be pointless to talk to him. Hmm, Aniu was never reincarnated... Bakura maybe? Yes... Bakura was there, and he has his memories... but how early does he get up in the morning? Yugi thought, glancing at the clock, which now read 3:30.

Wait, Bakura is a thief and a tomb robber... wouldn't he be stalking the city mugging people and robbing stores? That would explain why Ryou keeps finding more and more money under his bed every day. Yugi smiled and remembered the day Ryou had been cleaning under his bed and found 500 dollars cash hidden in a corner.

Yes, Bakura would definately be wandering through the city now, but where in the city? Domino is really big. Let's see, if I was a thief, where in the city would I go? Wait, stupid question, I'd be hiding down a dark alley, waiting for some unsuspecting citizen to walk by.

That settled it. Yugi got up, and without grabbing his puzzle, threw on his usual outfit and walked out the door.

Yugi didn't need to be careful to not make any noise when he opened the front door. He smiled. That's my grandpa, he could sleep through an atomic bomb.

Yugi shut the door behind him, and walked out onto the road. He shivered in the cold. My neck feels lighter without the Millennium Puzzle. he thought, Now, I'd better make sure that he really is wandering the city first... Yugi walked a few blocks, and stopped in front of Ryou's house.

He spotted a ladder laying beside the house, and propped it up beside Ryou's window. Yugi took a deep breath, and climbed the ladder. He stopped at the window. Sure enough, Ryou's bed was empty, and the Millennium Ring was no where to be seen in the room. Yugi climbed back down the ladder, and put it back alongside the house.

Yugi stared out at the city, and sighed. I'd better start looking for him. After all, if I want answers, I'd better be prepared to search for them.

---------------

Please review. I will update if you review. Especially since school is out. ^_______^