Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Returning Curses ❯ Library Research ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Returning Curses

Chapter 8: Library Research

Yugi frowned at the book in his hands.

/This is hopeless! I'll never find the curse!/

He quickly flipped to the index of 'Ancient Egyptian Curses and Spells' and looked in the R section.

Yugi sighed. "No red mist anywhere!"

He quickly looked under M. His heart skipped a beat when he saw the word 'mist'. He kept reading.

"Mist, blue." he sighed, disappointed.

Yugi picked up a book called 'Magical Powers of Egypt' and looked in the index.

/Nothing./

"Wait... maybe I can find something on the internet!" he exclaimed. Yugi walked up to the front desk.

"Um... can I use the internet please?" he asked timidly.

The librarian leaned over the desk and pushed her glasses over her wrinkled face to look at him, than she pulled a paper out of a small pile and glanced at it.

"Computer Station Two is free." she wheezed.

"Thanks." said Yugi awkwardly, wandering over to the computer. He clicked on the Internet icon.

/Now, what can I find here?/

Yugi went to the search engine 'Google', and typed in 'Egyptian Curse - Red Mist', then waited for the results to load.

Yugi looked down the list. /Nothing useful here./ He clicked for the next page of results and waited.

/Yes!/ Yugi exclaimed mentally. At the top of the list, he saw the result he needed. He clicked on it and waited for what seemed like forever, when an unpleasant surprise popped up.

'Page cannot be found.'

"NO!" Yugi half-shouted.

Everyone near him gave him a stare that said plainly, 'Shut up or we'll throw you out!'

Yugi clicked 'Back' on the browser and waited again.

"Yes!" At the bottom of the second page, there was another page that he could use. He clicked on it quickly. The page loaded quickly. There wasn't very much information, but it was enough for Yugi.

/The Egyptian Mind Control Curse involves the use of red mist. The red mist enters the body of the victim, and the caster has the power to control their mind and actions at will./

Yugi's eyes widened.

/Uh oh./

Yami appeared in spiritual form beside Yugi.

//Yugi! Guess what I found out, the antidote for the curse is...// Yami suddenly disappeared.

/Yami, this had better be a joke./

//...//

/Not again!/

//...//

All Yugi saw before the red mist covered his vision was the people around him giving him odd looks.

*****

Gah! I can't stop the cliffhangers!!! Bad Aleu, BAD!!! TOO MANY CLIFFHANGERS!!!

Oh yeah, I still have writers block. T_T It'd better go away soon.

Please review. I accept flames, because I use them to burn Tea to a crisp.