Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Returning Curses ❯ Ryou;s Advice ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Returning Curses

Chapter 10: Ryou's Advice

"You mean some evil priest from ancient Egypt is taking over your mind?"

"That's what I know so far." replied Yugi. "But I don't know how he could be controlling my mind now, he died a long time ago!"

Yugi had just finished telling Ryou what happened. He told him about the dream, his research, the red mist, his conversation with Yami...

/Yami!/

//Don't worry, I'm here.//

Ryou frowned. "Maybe he's controlling you from his reincarnated form."

"Oh... that's probably it."

//Why didn't we think of that, Yugi?//

/Because we were so busy worrying about what the effects were. Oh, and did you find the antidote?/

~What? No! The pharaoh can't have found the antidote! I'll have to erase his memory, NOW!~

//It was... I can't remember!//

/WHAT?/

//I knew what it was, then suddenly it was gone!//

/Uh oh./

"Yugi? Are you okay?" asked Ryou cautiously.

"Yeah. Just thinking." said Yugi quickly.

"This is really weird."

"I know. What should we do?"

"We should focus on finding his reincarnated form."

"But what if he's millions of miles away?" Yugi asked.

"He couldn't be. He would need to be near you to take command of your mind."

//It's just like that duel with Bandit Keith, Yugi. We were so far apart, we couldn't communicate.//

/Oh./

"So we need to find a reincarnated priest around Domino?" Yugi questioned.

"Precisely."

"What about Kaiba? He was a priest in a former life."

"Yes, but if he was Yami's high priest, he can't have died years before he was pharaoh."

//Excellent logic. I knew they weren't the same.//

/I guess.../

"So, he have to look for a reincarnated priest in Domino. How hard could that be?" said Yugi.

"Only time will tell. We'd better start now." Ryou added.

"Sure. The sooner the better." Yugi sighed.

Ryou squinted as he looked at the setting sun. "It's getting late. We'll have to start the search tomorrow."

"Yeah, Grandpa will be worried about me. Bye, Ryou."

"See you tomorrow, Yugi."

Both boys split up and headed home.

/Looks like we'll be spending the next few days searching for a reincarnated priest./ he told Yami.

//Yes. We probably will.// replied Yami, as they neared the game shop. Both of them failed to notice the black cat on a trash can beside them, watching them through luminous red eyes.

~The fools! They'll never guess my reincarnated form is a cat! I must be on guard though, one wrong move and they'll catch on.~

*****

Yay! Another early update! ^_^ So happy. I've had a LOT of freetime lately... I needed a plot twist, so when in doubt, add a new character! That's where the black cat came from!

Also, Ryou will become a main character from now on,