Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Returning Curses ❯ Clues from a Cat ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Returning Curses

Chapter 14: Clues from the Cat

"Morning, grandpa!" Yugi shouted as he ran out the door.

"Where are you going?" Solomon called after him.

"I'm gonna be with Ryou and Malik. We're just going to hang around town."

"Be back before dinner as always!"

"I will!"

Ryou and Malik were waiting for Yugi in the park.

"Guys, I really hate lying to my grandpa like this." he complained.

"So you would rather tell him that a demented priest is at large and his access to your mind and control over your body?" Malik raised an eyebrow.

"...I guess not..."

"Problem solved. It's not 'lying', it's protecting him from the truth." Malik pointed out.

Yugi and Ryou sweatdropped. "This is why you had no regret in sending souls to the Shadow Realm?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

*There is a hint I can give, if you would like.* A female voice sounded.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

They weren't screaming because they didn't know who the voice belonged to, they were screaming because they didn't here the voice in their ears, but in their minds. Yugi feared that the voice ment that he would be taken over again. Ryou feared that the priest had decided on him instead. Malik feared someone had taken his Millennium Rod again.

*Be still, friends, I mean you no harm.*

"W-who are you" Yugi stammered.

Passers-by stared at Yugi, who it looked like was talking to air.

*Speak to me in mind, not body.*

/Yes, okay./ Yugi responded.

/Why, though?/ Ryou asked.

/How can you do this?/ Malik questioned.

*I possess a powerful magic of my own. I am here to help you, though I am afraid that if I give you a straight answer, the kasumi (mist) will consume me as well, and I must not fall victim to him if I am to help you.*

/So you can help us?/ Yugi asked hopefully.

*Perhaps, and perhaps not. It depends on your skills. All three of you.*

/All of us? But... I just found out about this yesterday!/ Malik squeaked.

*True. Yet, you all share a similar bond*

/A bond?/ All three of them echoed.

*Yes, a bond. The three of you, and only the three of you, have yamis. You three all have a darker side existing within you. Therefore, if one of you is in trouble, it will eventually affect you all*

/Us all?/ They all echoed again.

*If one falls, then you all shall fall*

/C-can't you help us with this?/ Ryou muttered.

*I can't do it for you, but yes, I will help*

/...What?/

*Here is a hint for you to dwell on. Humans are not the only species with a soul*

/But how does that help?/ Yugi said impatiently.

*I must go now, before I am discovered. Stay strong, hikaris*

/Wait! How will we contact you again? What is your name?/

*I will contact you. My name... is Aniu*

*****

Well, I think I handled that very well.

Sorry for not updating for so long! I was tied up, what with school and all... *glares at the vicious pile of homework*

Ahem, Aniu is not a character from YuGiOh. I made her up. No, she is NOT a Mary-Sue, or a self-insertion. The similarities between my Pen Name and her name are coincidental. She is my OC, and is not to be used without my permission.

I hope to update before next week, if possible.

~~~~~~

Hey! I'm taking a poll!

Would you people rather have a sad, but romantic (Yugi/Yami) ending or an old-fashioned happy ending?

~~~~~~