Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Returning Curses ❯ White and Black ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Returning Curses

Chapter 15: White and Black

"Humans are not the only species with a soul. What could that mean?" Yugi pondered out loud.

"If we knew the answer, do you think we'd be looking for it?" Malik groaned.

"We should take this one step at a time. First of all, did anyone get an idea of where that voice was coming from?" Ryou asked.

"Not really,"

"No. How do we even know that she was helping us? Maybe she was giving us a false clue. Maybe she works for the priest!" Malik added.

"I don't think so," Yugi frowned. "There was something about her voice... something that just made me want to believe what she said."

"Yeah," Ryou nodded.

"She could be luring us!" Malik exclaimed.

"But why would she do that? We already know she was on our side in a past life."

"True, but she could be lying about her identity! If she works for the priest, she would know that Aniu was a friend, right?" Malik pushed.

"Well, yeah, but..."

"But nothing! She's obviously lying to get us to trust her!" Malik interuppted.

"Stop the arguements! If we don't stop fighting, we'll never find out the answer, whether she's on our side or not!" Ryou interjected.

"Yeah, and especially since we're in this together," Yugi said apologetically.

"Yeah." Malik said sheepishly.

"Hey..." Yugi squinted against the sunlight, and looked at a dark shape sitting on a branch in the tree next to them. "Isn't that the black cat that darted out of the bush at us yesterday?"

"Whoa, you're right!" Malik exclaimed, also squinting at the cat.

"You know, it's actually quite funny, because I keep seeing that cat everywhere!" Ryou said, "I saw it yesterday, right before you went after me, Yugi!"

"Maybe it's a stray?" Yugi stared up at it.

Before Ryou or Malik could add anything, the cat's hair stood up on end and it hissed angrily, glaring to the side. Suddenly, a white cat burst out from where the other cat was looking, and pounced at it. The black cat made an odd yelping sound, and jumped out of it's way. The white cat resumed the black cat's position of staring down at the three boys.

"That was... odd..." Yugi observed.

"What's even more odd is that the white cat up there was the same one we saw yesterday, the one that found my rod!" Malik noticed.

"That white cat really doesn't like that black one. I wonder what they've got against each other." Ryou thought out loud.

"Maybe those cats are stalking us!" Malik joked.

"Maybe they work for the priest!" Yugi mocked.

All three lights laughed.

"Maybe one is evil and is trying to kill us!"

"And the other one was sent to protect us from the evil one!"

The trio laughed and walked off together, cracking jokes on the way.

They had no idea how close to the truth they were.

*****

Heh heh, the evil cliffie! ^_________^

I am SOOOOOOO sorry for the last chapter! ff.net really screwed up what the voice was saying, but I reuploaded it no, so read it again.

I got more time than I expected, so I wrote this chapter! Actually, I got an idea when I was working on my homework *glares at the evil pile of homework* and I couldn't let it go! Sorry this was short, but I have to do homework now. -_-

~~~~~~

I have another poll:

Should I do review replies?

~~~~~~