Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Rocket's White Glare ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I don't Own Yugi, Yami, or any of their friends. If I did then the series would be shown uncut and the DVDs would be available in duel languages...

Warning: Contains shounen ai. If you don't know what this is or don't like it than I suggest you don't read this.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Rocket's White Glare

It had been a perfect Fourth of July. The day commenced with a Bar-B-Q at the Kaiba mansion. Seto, of course, grumbled about being stuck behind the grill, but it was apparent that he was enjoying watching Bukura and Ryou trounce Yami and Yugi at ultimate frisbee. Unfortunately, the contest was cut short by an afternoon rain storm, but no one let it get their sprits down. A movie in the private basement theater and the sun was showing its face once again.

Undaunted by the wet grass, the game continued. As expected, Ryou and Bukura won, much to Yami's distress. Lunch was served out by the pool. Although there were still threatening clouds, not a drop of rain disturbed the meal.

The dishes and left over food were quickly taken to the kitchen and the gang once again scattered. Joey and Mai were Dueling in the front den. Yugi, Yami, Triston and Serenity all changed and were playing a game of Marco Polo in the pool. Mokuba and Ryou were in Mokuba's room watching anime. None to anyone's surprise, Seto and Bukura had disappeared somewhere upstairs.

The two "lovebirds", reappeared just in time for everyone to pack up and head for the big fireworks display in the middle of town. Arriving at the crowded lawn, everyone paired off and set up their blankets where ever they could. Dark soon set in and with it the first cords of the accompanying music.

Resting back on their blanket, Seto and Bakura lay hand in hand watching the brightly colored explosions burst above them. One particular explosion caught Ryou's eye. White balls of light streamed out from the center of the explosion, with wiggling tails pushing them along (1). Ryou taped Bukura on the shoulder. "Is it just me or did those look like..." Seto, quickly glancing at Mokuba, cut Ryou off. "Yes they did, now drop it."

The rest of the show passed in a haze of sparks and patriotic music. After a dazzling finaly of loud booms and more colors than ever believed possible, everyone met back up at the van and headed back to the Kaiba mansion to get their own cars and head home. All agreed it had been a great day.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

1. Yes these do exist. I saw them at the Fireworks display this past fourth. *rolls around laughing, remembering her dad's face when they went off*

A.N.: ok so that's my first YGO fic...it probably sucks, mostly cuz I don't support the Seto x Ryou/ Bukura pairing, but it was a challenge and though it took me forever I did it. My next one should be better. I get to control the pairings and such and I have some great ideas! So keep an eye out for "The Secret of the Circle." Coming soon to an FF.net near you.