Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Engagements ❯ Royal Engagements-First Kiss and a Darkness Grows ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Royal Engagements 2
 
Back at the palace, High Priest Aten-aknh-Ken, who was unaware of his son and nephew's mischief, reached the Hall of Ra and ordered, “Announce me!”
The young announcer bowed in honor, slipped through the large golden doors, and called out, “Announcing Hem-Netjer-Tepey Aten-aknh-Ken, High Priest of Ra and Leader of the Temple of Ra!”
Pharaoh Tetsumosis-Ra Atemu Yahm and Head of Produce, Lord Piet-Seih Ba-sen-Ra Bureirht, who had been talking about the years surplus of food stuffs and the probability of trading more to the outside world through Foreign Ambassador, Lord Thebeis Im-hem-Otep Keithr, looked up when their friend walked in.
Both saw the worried look upon his face.
Pharaoh looked to his friend and advisor and said, “Excuse me Advisor Piet-Seih, it appears our meeting will have to be postponed for a short time.”
Piet-Seih bowed in reverence and said as he gathered up his reports, “Very well my Pharaoh. I shall be in the solarium if you need me.”
Ra incarnate nodded and waved him away.
Piet-Seih bowed his head in honor as he passed the priest and quickly exited the hall.
Tetsumosis clasped his hands over his stomach and waited. His brother, while very serious and good at his job, had a tendency to babble. If he had enough time to think about all that he had to say, the meeting would go by faster.
After a few moments, Aten-aknh-Ken sighed and started, “Brother, this morning during my morning rituals, I felt something dark and evil at the edges of my awareness. I do not know who or what it is as of yet, but I do know it is still weak. It has not yet reached it's full potential. I do not know when it'll strike, but I do know that you and little Atemu are the targets. This darkness, this evil, is very dangerous and wants revenge for something. That much I could feel from it. Tet, the Sennen Items won't be enough to beat it when it comes.”
Aten-aknh-Ken looked at his older brother with worried eyes.
Tetsumosis had a frown upon his lips. This new danger was a threat to his kingdom, him, and more importantly, his son. If what his brother said was true, then Kemet-Tawey (Egypt) was in trouble.
“Aten, how can we fight this evil if even the Items aren't strong enough?”
The High Priest stared at his brother and said seriously, “We cannot do anything. As I said, the dark evil will not attack us until it is strong enough to fight and have a sure victory. Right now, it's to weak. Unfortunately, it WILL attack your heir when it DOES grow strong enough. My Pharaoh, brother, Atemu will not live to be Pharaoh if he isn't strong. His training MUST begin now. Seth's as well. We also need to gather all the possible council members and start their training too.”
He hesitated as Tetsumosis sighed and ended, “And we need to gather all the possible maidens for one to become his wife.
Aten-aknh-Ken bowed and said passionately, “I am sorry to bring you such news, my Pharaoh. I only tell you so Prince Atemu can stand a chance at winning and becoming Pharaoh.”
Tetsumosis sighed heavily and nodded.
Then he ordered, “When my son and Seth return, their training shall being the next day. Also, summon the scribes!”
Aten-aknh-Ken nodded sadly and exited the hall. Left to his thoughts, Pharaoh Tetsumosis felt hopelessness thrust its sharp blade into his heart. The danger was in his fair city and he could do nothing about but wait and hope. He HATED feeling like an incompetent fool. His brother quickly returned with twenty scribes.
He sighed softly and commanded, “Otten, Ciaten, Minun, Dehkeh, and Khu, send out summons to all the noble families in Hwt-ka-Ptah. Invite them and their families to the palace for a feast in honor of the future Empress of ALL Egypt.”
The five scribes bowed and replied, “Yes, my Pharaoh.”
“Reinan, Tutmokh, Sryrh, Pietsei, and Akin, summon all the Seba (teachers) within the city. My son, nephew, and his council need the best Seba available!”
The five bowed and left.
“Mannah, Odionh, Behek, Shadii, and Tah-a-nun! I want you to summon my council. Tell them to also bring their sons. Hem-Netjer-Tepey (High Priest), I want you and your most favored to monitor the danger and keep me updated.”
Aten-aknh-Ken and the scribes named bowed and left.
“Those of you that have remained, you shall be staying here to take note of my council's proceedings.”
Serinai wished she had eight more eyes. She was amazed by the bright colors and the loudness of the Market Place Square. She was very aware of the people and kept close to her mother as her mother searched for the right vender.
She found one. He had beautifully dyed linens and imported silks from some country he called Greece. She quickly became uninterested in the cloth and went about looking at all the people. She wanted to go out and explore. She really did not want to sit here and watch her mother haggle over the prices the Merchant wanted. She sighed. She was bored. It got tiresome watching the same three stalls for over three hours. Out of the corner of her wide emerald green golden-flecked eyes, she saw two boys about her age wandering around with equally wide eyes.
As they neared her, she heard, “Ah! Look at that, Atemu! Have you ever seen so many people?!”
“Nay, not I, Seth. I wonder, let's go to the gates! We can ditch the guards and have some fun there!”
Seth's eyes glittered with excitement as he said, “Okay!”
Serinai wished she were as brave as them because she wanted an adventure too! Then she smirked mischievously. She glanced back at her mother and saw that she was still interested in the seller's wares. With a soft giggle, she slipped away and followed the two boys.
As they neared the gates, she exclaimed, “Hey! I'm Serinai! Do you want to be friends?”
Startled, Atemu and Seth spun around and gaped at the girl before them. She was wearing a simple white linen dress with and emerald sash wrapped around her waist. She also had on simple sandals. Plus around her arms were two arm bracelets with the symbol of Isis on them. Around her neck was a small golden necklace with a heart shaped emerald. Her long waist length black with red and gold highlighted hair glittered in the high sun.
Atemu's mouth open and closed as he stuttered, “Um…ah…my name is Atemu. This is my cousin, Seth. Why are you following us?”
Serinai giggled again and answered, “I got bored watching my meweti (mummy) haggle on and on about money. I wanted to have fun! I heard you talk about coming here and I followed. Do you want to be friends?”
The two boys looked at each other and shrugged.
Atemu looked at her again and said, “I guess, but don't fall behind.”
She stuck her tongue out at him and said crossly, “I won't! I'm not scared.”
Seth smirked and replied, “I'll believe that when I see it. Girls are scared easily and they don't like to get dirty.”
Serinai pouted and said, “I'm not scared and I LIKE to play outside!”
Atemu got in between them and said, “Let's go already!”
“Yeah!” cheered Serinai as she quickly kissed the little prince on the cheek and skipped ahead.
“Oohhh!” cried out Seth teasingly as he sang out loud, “YOU GOT KISSED BY A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GOT KISSED BY A GIRL!!!!!!!”
Atemu's youthful face burned molten red as he yelled, “I DON'T LIKE GIRLS!!!!!!!!!! EEEWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Seth quickly ran away from his younger cousin because the future Pharaoh looked ready to murder him.
“Hey guys, do you want to play IT?” suggested Serinai as they walked down the sandy path towards the outer gate of Hwt-ka-Ptah (Memphis).
“Okay! You're IT!!!” agreed Atemu as he and Seth vanished.
“Ooh…those meany heads! I'll get them!” promised Serinai with a pout as she quickly followed them.
 
 
Ba-Ku, who had been treated by the army's first aid healers, was up and about and feeling very proud of himself. Not only did he hit and get away from his evil uncle, but he also helped to put Rinek into prison for attempted robbery plus all his other listed crimes.
He was finally free again! He needed to find his family's house. The only drawback was he had no way to prove who he was to the guards. If he didn't have proof, the guards wouldn't let him pass. Also, he had no money for food or drink. At that thought, he became depressed.
Suddenly, he heard shouts of laughter. Curious, he looked around the corner and saw three kids-two boys and a girl- playing IT. It looked fun too. Especially when the girl tagged the tri-colored hared boy and he immediately pounced on her causing her to burst into giggles. The Healer heard them too.
He smiled and said, “Go on boy, have fun.”
Ba-Ku smiled, nodded, and said, “I will.”
Once near, the boy with short chestnut brown hair and icy blue eyes announced, “Hey Atemu! Serinai! It's time for lunch!”
Surprised Ba-Ku looked up. He hadn't realized he had been asleep for so long! The other two kids, Atemu and Serinai looked up as well.
“Ah, I'm not hungry!” pouted Serinai as Atemu laughed and added, “I'm not either.”
Seth's blank face brightened as he ended, “Neither am I! Atemu's IT!!!”
Serinai squealed happily as she ran away from the boy by her side.
Ba-Ku smiled and said, “Can I play?”
The three looked up at him. The two boy's eyes narrowed slightly but the girl's eyes smiled at him.
“Sure you can! Atemu's IT!!!”
“Who?” questioned the lavender hared boy.
“Me, I'm Atemu and this is Seth, my cousin. Her name is Serinai. What's yours?”
Ba-Ku stood proud and announced, “My name is Ba-Ku. It's nice to meet you.”
The three boys sized each other up and simultaneously smiled.
“You're IT!!!” yelled Atemu as he tagged Ba-Ku. He blinked in surprise before jumping into the game with a cheerful laugh.
 
 
Meanwhile, Atemu and Seth's bodyguards and Serinai's mother were frantically searching for the three youths.
 
 
Deep within the palace dungeons, its newest member, Rinek, couldn't believe he had been caught! It didn't make any since! No one in Memphis knew he had renounced his family's nobility and became a thief. There was no reason for them to arrest him, Lord or Ex-Lord Rinek Kem-Ka (Black Soul) Yunn, on sight.
In fact, the only one who does know, besides him, was Ba-Ku, his weak willed nephew! His face contorted in fury. The little brat fooled him into thinking he was weak, so he wouldn't hurt him! He growled.
`I'll get my revenge on Ba-Ku! Mark my word's Great God Sutekh (Seth)! I'll kill him! That's a promise!'
With that a black light exploded in front of his cell. The guards rushed to it in an attempt to control it, but the light transformed into a black smoke and forced itself INTO the guards. They collapsed to the floor and started to convulse violently. The other prisoner's begged their favored gods or goddesses to protect them. Rinek laughed evilly. The guards stilled. He smirked. He couldn't believe his luck, they had dropped dead right in front of his cell.
“Sutekh be praised!” he whispered in awed servitude as he quickly grabbed the keys, unlocked his cell, and removed the guards' weapons.
“Don't take it personally; you're not going to be using them after all.”
Then the smoke appeared again.
Startled, Rinek froze. The smoke serenely floated about him like it was determining his worth before it either let him live or killed him. Finally, the smoke formed into a transparent man.
He said in an eerie voice that echoed of dark deeds and chaos, “I am weak. I cannot take my revenge on Ra. But you, mortal, you will do fine.”
Rinek tensed as the smoke billowed and curled and forced itself into his body. His body jerked and convulsed for many minutes. When his body stilled, his eyes opened. Instead, of his usual purplish-black eyes were now soulless black orbs of pure malice and chaos. Rinek crackled and vanished in a swirl of black smoke.