Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Runa Sister of Seto ❯ Chapter 6

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

(Yami prov.)

As the celebrations I looked for Seto and Runa. My father was very impressed with my decision and also very proud.

Then I saw her, grinning I started to chuckle, she was hiding behind Seto looking for something. I found this very amusing. I started to walk towards Seto but by the time I got there Runa had disappeared. Oh well I would be seeing her later.

"Seto, you look splendid!!" I said mockingly

"My prince I fear you seem to be looking far more splendid than I, for this is YOUR celebration" amusement very clear in hi voice.

"Tell me where is your sister, I wanted to introduce her to my parents but she has seemed to disappear" I questioned him

"You don't know very much about her do you?" Before I could respond he went on to say "Runa hates celebrations, hates having to wear celebration robes and if she doesn't want to be found for a while, she won't be."

"Oh" there was so much about her that was still a mystery to me, but what did it matter, I would find out all I wanted to know and more.

"Why are you so interested in my sister anyway Yami?" his voice now very protective.

(Seto prov.)

Now Yami is getting too curious, what did he want with Runa? I would always protect her, even if I had to protect her from Yami. As Yami was about to answer my question the pharaoh started to speak.

"Today we celebrate the birthday of my son but also the person my son had chosen to be his future queen. Yami come forward"

Yami smiled and went to his father.

"What's going on" Runa had come after Yami left

"I'm not sure, where have you been all this time?" I asked. The pharaoh was making a speech but that was the least of my concerns. "What's wrong?" Her skin was stark white ever lighter than her star colored hair.

"I have a very bad feeling…" she started

(Runa prov.)

The voice of the pharaoh boomed "Runa come meet your destiny as future queen of this land!"

I stood still, no, no, no, please no, a priest came and led me to the front, I saw Seto, a few other friends of the prince were holding him back, but only I saw the tears that glistened in his eyes.

Yami took my hand "Come" he commanded

2 gold bracelets with the form of the millennium puzzle were clasped around my wrists; nimbly I remembered the millennium puzzle was a gift given to Yami today. The bracelet must signify my new stature. A single unseen tear fell from my eyes into a fold in my dress. With that tear all was shattered and I came back to the present with a long ago heard voice saying "She will know much pain, that is the price of her birth" then "this is not supposed to happen, be strong my child"

Concealing the sadness in my voice I asked, "May I now retire to the temple, this night has been full of surprise and I fear I cannot take much more. Continue to celebrate for my prince it is still your birthday." With that I left plotting ways to kill myself, I would never become Yami's queen, never.