Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Ryou Bakura: Time Master! ❯ "...wait, WHAT just happened to you!?" ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh, Basch, or Forte. Kazuki Takahashi, SquareEnix, and Capcom do, respectively, and all their characters rock!
 
As Ryou jumped into the portal and threw himself into the time-space continuum for the sixth time that day, the familiar feeling of being thrown off a building returned. Though, by now Ryou was used to it. He simply closed his eyes, breathing deeply. He waited for the portal to spit him out, but it never came. Ryou kept his eyes shut a little longer, and yet he still flew by. Finally, he opened one eye. He was still soaring through time, but how far he'd actually gone wasn't known. He couldn't see anyone he recognized, and all of the images being shown were simple blurs as he sped past.
 
“Guys?” he called out, but his voice sounded incredibly muffled, as though a great roar were blocking his voice, “Where is everyone?” Ryou squinted his eyes, but couldn't see anything. The blurring tunnel of visions continued, but Ryou could feel he was speeding up. He must've been close. Suddenly, light flashed before him, and Ryou had to shield his eyes. He kept speeding forward, and he could feel intense heat from the light. He was headed straight for it, and bright flashes pounded into his mind, even as he shut his eyes. He realized he started to scream, until everything went black.
 
Is he all right?” Ryou could soon hear voices close by, but his mind was bursting with pain from the light he saw, “That was a pretty bad fall he took.” The voices seemed familiar, but Ryou had a hard time placing them. He tried to open his eyes, but it hurt to see. He kept them shut.
 
That light took out some of us. Think he'll be okay?” Ryou recognized that voice. It was Yugi's, and he was talking to Anzu, or so it sounded. He ended up with them! He was happy, and it seemed like everyone was okay for the most part. But had everyone seen that eerily bright light?
 
Maybe Sami should look at him,” Anzu seemed to be saying, but what Yugi said next worried Ryou.
 
She's not doing so well. Yami said she's feeling sick,” Yugi had said, “I think the heat's getting to her already.” Ryou blinked, though he still saw blinding flashes every now and then. He sighed, scaring both Anzu and Yugi.
 
“Ryou!? Are you okay?” Anzu asked, as Yugi helped Ryou sit up. Ryou nodded slowly, as the flashing stopped. He coughed, as some sand managed to get into his throat, but otherwise, he was fine.
 
“Is Sami sick?” he croaked, and realized his voice was very dry, “And where are we?” Anzu looked at Yugi, who shrugged. Neither of them appeared to have actually seen Sami, but Yugi turned around and waved to someone to come over, and Ryou saw Yami walking over, supporting Sami. She was pale.
 
“She landed directly in the Nile,” Yami stated, “We're not sure why, but she felt sick when she came out of it.” Sami nodded, and then let go of Yami and stood on her own. Ryou saw it was difficult, but she was able to manage.
 
“It's probably toxins in the water. Egypt wasn't known for the purest water sources,” Sami replied, shaking out her hair, “But I'm doing better already.”
 
“Egypt!? We're in Egypt!?” Ryou cried, jumping up. Sami raised an amused eyebrow, and Yami nodded, crossing his arms.
 
“Ancient Egypt, actually,” Yami corrected, “Luckily, we landed in a place far away from any town.” Ryou was about to respond, but Sami beat him to it when she turned back to Yami, placing her hands on her hips.
 
“How is that lucky!?” she demanded, “The farther we are from town, the faster and farther we need to travel, dingbat.” Yugi's eyes widened at hearing Sami calling Yami names, and Ryou knew what was going to come, as Yami's eyebrows furrowed furiously.
 
“Dingbat!?” he asked angrily, and then answered, “Sami, the farther we are from civilization, the easier it is to go about unnoticed!”
 
“Yeah, and the easier it is for us to starve to death, too!” Sami yelled back, “Oh yeah, that's luck right there.” Yugi bit his lip as the two continued to argue. Anzu ran to someone Ryou couldn't see just yet, and when she came back, she was dragging Bakura with her. Apparently, she thought he'd make a good mediator.
 
“Enough, children!” Bakura snapped, and the two stopped arguing. Ryou smiled, feeling that for once, Bakura was being mature. That was, until Bakura said his next sentence, “I was just about to take down a giant hawk for growling at me, and I have little miss Sunshine here drag me to see you two arguing like an old couple!” Anzu backed away, feeling she made a huge mistake, and then she simply ran away. Yami and Sami simply glanced at one another. Yami bit his lip, speechless, but Sami glared at Bakura and leaned closer to him.
 
“That's fine, then,” she whispered, “I bet you would've lost anyway.” Bakura's eyes widened and he simply stared at Sami as she smiled at him cheerfully. His left eye twitched and he felt his teeth clench up. Ryou took Sami's arm gently and tried to take her away from Bakura as Yugi dragged Yami to everyone else. When Bakura started yelling, Ryou abandoned being gentle and just ran away, Sami laughing hysterically all the while.
 
HOW DARE YOU MOCK ME!” he yelled, “YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO MOCK YOUR HUSBAND!” But if anything, that simply made Sami laugh even harder. Ryou just sighed, continuing to drag Sami toward the group of their friends. And everyone except Malik and Yugi looked confused.
 
“Uh… Ryou, aren't you her husband?” Jou asked, looking very confused, “Or did she marry the wrong guy?” Ryou slowed down and let go of Sami as Bakura continued to yell at everything that listened. Sami was too busy snickering to answer, so Ryou did it for her.
 
“It's a very long story,” Ryou grumbled, “But in the future, basically Sami marries Bakura.” He looked on at everyone else's reaction to this. Jou and Honda were both very confused. Yami was amused, but somehow not surprised to hear that. Kaiba started laughing, and both Anzu and Miho simply exchanged silent glances. Katt was the only one who actually spoke.
 
“Why?” she asked, raising an interested eyebrow. This time, Sami stopped laughing enough to answer. She simply shrugged.
 
“I don't think even Ryou can answer that one,” Sami replied. Ryou nodded, as Sami did have a point. He never asked why she re-married, nor did he actually want to know. All he knew though, was that Sami had something to taunt Bakura with. Likewise, Bakura had the same for her.
 
“Looks like a lot went on in the future,” Anzu commented, as Bakura stopped screaming and stalked over reluctantly. He glared at Sami as he came, but Sami ignored him.
 
“A lot did,” Sami replied, “And I'm sure Ryou can tell us again later, but we're here to find something, and thanks to our poor excuse of a pharaoh, we have a long hike before we reach anywhere with information.” Malik snickered as Yami shot an icy glare at Sami, but she also ignored that as she said, “Forte, you have a map program, right?” Forte, who'd been throwing rocks into the large river that could only be the Nile, turned and nodded.
 
“I'm already on it, boss,” he replied airily, and his eyes glowed red for a second before he continued, “We're about ten miles south of a small city and twelve miles east of a large pile of ruins. I'm also picking up traces of magic in a valley far from here.” Sami, Bakura, and Yami looked thoughtfully as they processed this. Ryou knew they were planning something, or that they at least knew where those places were and what they were called.
 
“The city is too small to be where Yami lives, but I think I know what it's called,” Bakura finally said, “Or at least knew. The ruins Forte picked up… we shouldn't go there…” Sami looked over at Bakura skeptically. Everyone else except Forte, Basch, and Miho knew why Bakura didn't want to go, save for Sami.
 
“What's over there?” she asked innocently, “Is it dangerous?”
 
“It's a place you shouldn't be at, that's all,” Bakura said evasively, “Let's just get to the small town. I'm starving and I'm pretty sure, if I remember well, that they had an inn there.” Before Sami, or anyone else, could reply, Bakura started ahead. For once, Ryou saw that Sami looked worried as she watched Bakura leave. She glanced at Ryou and nodded her head towards Bakura, a silent way of telling him they should follow before Bakura was too far away. Ryou nodded, and as Sami ran to catch up, he told everyone else to come along. When the group finally caught up with Bakura, Sami was already asking him why he was being so evasive, but he didn't answer. Ryou could feel that Sami was beginning to get frustrated.
 
“Bakura, what's going on?” she asked for the third time. Again, Bakura didn't answer her. She turned sharply to Yami, but he shrugged. Obviously, he had an idea, but didn't want to tell her. Sami stopped walking until Yami was next to her. She figured if Bakura wouldn't talk, Yami would.
 
“Is this about that monster you told me about?” Sami asked, making sure to keep her voice low, “Zork?” Yami looked at her and nodded. He didn't expect her to even remember, as it'd been over a year since he spoke to her about it.
 
“Partly. But it's not my place to tell you,” Yami replied calmly, “It's…” Bakura turned around, glaring at both Yami and Sami. He was furious, and that look shut Yami up very quickly.
 
“It's none of your damn business, Sami,” Bakura growled, “Just drop it and leave it alone.”
 
“No, I'm not going to just drop it,” Sami replied back, trying to remain calm yet still exuding an angry tone, “Something's bothering you, and if we're in the past, it might just help us out later. And if you don't want us to know, then stop acting so upset.” When Bakura's pupils turned to slits, Sami realized she made a mistake. The Millennium Ring flashed angrily, even Yami backed away slowly. Sami didn't move, though she was sure Bakura would hit her for prying, yet he didn't. He advanced, but stopped when he was a foot away from her.
 
“You should try keeping your mouth shut for once,” Bakura told her, and for once, Sami was truly silent, “I said to drop it, and I mean it. If you don't stop bothering me, I really will send you to hell.” As if to prove his point, the ring flashed again. Sami said nothing, simply watching as Bakura walked away, continuing towards their destination, or at least what they'd hoped was it. Katt and Miho ran up, both holding onto one of Sami's arms. They were worried.
 
“Sami, are you okay?” Miho asked, “What did he mean by sending you to hell?”
 
“He's not serious, is he?” Katt also asked, glaring towards him, “It's not your fault you don't know what's wrong with him. He has some nerve.” Sami sighed, freeing herself from the two girls.
 
“He has a point, though,” she replied quietly, “I shouldn't have pried so much. And yes, he's very serious. I'm not sure what's wrong, but I won't ask him about it. That was a warning, and I've never seen him so upset before.” Ryou bit his lip and walked over to Sami, but what she said next made him stop dead in his tracks, “…I think I might actually be a little scared of him.” Malik, who was walking up to see what happened, blinked, unable to believe what he'd heard.
 
“What!? You're… you're afraid?” he asked, surprised, “You're honestly scared of something!? Wow… I never thought I'd live to hear that one.” Though he felt a bit bad at hearing Sami admit she was scared, part of him was relieved by it, too. She didn't seem so inhuman to him anymore. Still, she'd always been arguing with him and was never afraid of Bakura. What changed that?
 
“Yeah, well, I'm not scared of much,” Sami replied bitterly, “Being a non-human makes you… rather indifferent that way. But something about him changed when you all left the first time. I don't know what it is, but something's different.” She looked down at the sand, trying to think of what was so unusual when Kaiba appeared behind her. She jumped, a reaction of simply feeling ambushed, which surprised both Malik and Ryou again.
 
“We have to keep moving, people,” Kaiba said sternly, “If we lose that moron in a sandstorm, someone's going to notice, and I'll be blamed for it simply because I'm the reason we're here, so let's go.” Confidently, Kaiba went ahead as Jou and Honda ran after. Obviously, they didn't want to be left behind. Ryuuzaki glanced at the small group before following. He wanted to say something, but decided against it as he simply led Basch and Forte. They also looked worried, but didn't speak. Yami and Yugi both left to reassure them, leaving Anzu, Ryou, Malik, Katt, Miho, and Sami alone.
 
“Are we going?” Anzu asked, looking ahead at their vanishing friends.
 
“In a minute,” Sami mumbled. Ryou patted her shoulder, but she didn't respond. Something was going on through her mind, and it was pretty obvious she didn't like what it was. The sword on her back glowed, but again, she didn't take notice. Katt seemed hesitant.
 
“Um.. Malik, you and Ryou should go ahead,” Katt finally said, “I'll stay with Sami. We can find our way to you guys, but I think I should talk to her, alone.” Ryou nodded, and Malik led him away. Anzu and Miho followed, respecting what Katt suggested. Miho turned back as they walked forward, wondering what was up with Sami. She and Katt disappeared in a small sandstorm, and they kept going forward.
 
“Is it me or is everyone acting a little funny?” Malik asked, after neither sister was in sight, “Katt hasn't been herself lately. She's been nervous, and kind of… distant. She's especially worried about Sami. Ryou… what's going on? Is Sami okay?” Ryou shook his head.
 
“Sami's probably told Katt what she found during her research, and I bet that's making Katt really confused,” Ryou answered, “Everything they know is being turned upside-down. And now they're here, where Sith's sword was last seen before it was brought to old Domino. That might be sparking a memory in them.” Malik nodded in silence, knowing that might be the problem. Anzu, though not nearly as used to this, also thought it made sense. Miho, however, didn't understand it at all.
 
“Wait… what!?” Miho asked, stopping, “You're serious? Are you saying Sami was alive back in this time!?”
 
“According to what she found, yes,” Ryou replied, “It's very difficult to explain, Miho. And you weren't around back when Sami and I first met, so that makes it even harder to explain to you.” Miho blinked, and then whistled.
 
“So that stuff about her being inhuman, that wasn't a joke?” Miho asked, “I thought we were playing one of your games again. But… magic exists?” Ryou nodded slowly, remembering how he first felt when Sami told him all about herself. Back then, way back then, he thought she was messing with his head. He thought she was crazy. But now, he knew better. But was he really the crazy one?
 
“I think it does,” Ryou whispered, “I've been through a lot after meeting Sami, and most of it involves magic. Granted, dark magic, but magic nonetheless. It has to be.” Malik noticed the way Ryou's voice trailed, as though he were doubting himself.
 
“Didn't you say you actually went into that world Sami says she came from?” Malik asked, and when Ryou nodded, continued, “Well, then magic is real. At least the magic Sami uses.”
 
“But that was only a small piece of it. She said that her magic was dying, so what if it doesn't exist anymore?” Ryou replied, “I don't know… I never really thought about it, but it feels real. Anyway, to make it short, Miho, both Sami and Katt are made of magic, and they don't know why they live in our world, in our time.” Miho nodded slowly, a confused expression on her face.
 
“Well, I'm not sure I understand it any better,” she said, “But I'll believe it. Besides, I have a crazy tale I can tell my grandchildren when I grow old, so why not go along with it?” Ryou chuckled, and after hearing Kaiba yelling for them to catch up, they ran ahead. Sami and Katt came by a little later, and what he saw surprised Ryou even further. They both had grown wings. Malik rubbed his eyes, as did Jou. Katt had tiny wings, yes, but Sami had none. Now, they both had larger wings.
 
“Um… Sami, dear?” Ryou asked, trying very badly to remain subtle, “Is there something you'd like to tell me?” Sami stopped hovering slightly, laughing. She knew what he was talking about, and though her wings weren't big, they were noticeable.
 
“Wings,” she said simply, smiling, “Katt and I have wings.”
 
“Yeah, but where the hell did you get them!?” Malik asked, turning to Katt, “They were not that big last week!” Katt snickered as she kept flying, and screamed when she dipped too low and slammed into the sand. Sami laughed, then answered.
 
“Calm down, Malik. We aren't yet sure of how this happened ourselves. We saw… someone running through the desert,” Sami explained, “For a second, she saw me… and smiled. But… something felt familiar. She was a Chesier, like myself. And… her magic made my wings reappear.”
 
“Reappeared!? Sami, your wings were blown clean off from Ultima!” Malik cried, exasperated and confused. Sami flapped her wings impatiently.
 
“I realize that, Malik,” she replied, getting slightly annoyed with him, “If I knew who she was, I would know why I have wings again. Her magic was powerful… but it felt very familiar. As though I should know who she was.” She sounded breathless, which wasn't normal. Ryou agreed that the woman was impressive, if she could inspire Sami so much. Bakura, however, was getting impatient as he waited up ahead.
 
“Who cares how you grew your wings?” he snapped, as Katt got up off the sand, “Look, I know it's impressive, but we can worry about that later. We're in trouble.”
 
“What? Why?” Yugi asked, as Forte seemed to be looking for something. Yugi turned to the Reploid, wondering if Forte knew what was going on. And he did as he let his hand drop to his side, revealing that the gem on his chest was glowing red.
 
“Looks like the royal guards know we're coming,” Forte explained grimly, “A bunch of people are coming towards us, and they're not moving slowly at all.” Ryou's eyes widened in worry, unable to think of how they could possibly know they were there. And from Malik's expression, he was thinking the same thing.
 
“Think the time machine altered some kind of energy wave in the air?” Ryuuzaki asked, stuffing his hands in his pockets. Sami nodded, her wings fluttering stiffly.
 
“Probably. If it's not that, then our magic's causing a jam of some sort. That could alert anyone with even moderate abilities,” Sami replied, referring to both her and Katt, “Forte, do you know who specifically is coming?” Forte's eyes turned red again, signifying that he was scanning something, but he shook his head.
 
“No. We're too far back in time for my database to track down their energy waves,” Forte stated plainly, “But I do know a few of them are very powerful. I doubt even you could take them on, mom.” Everyone was either very shocked or very scared to hear this. Though they all were strong, Sami was usually able to take anything down.
 
“Damn it,” Sami growled, and then sighed, “Well, standing here isn't smart, then. Bakura, Yami, do either of you have an idea as to where we can hide?” Bakura shook his head, as he wasn't used to hiding from his attackers. Yami seemed to be trying to think of an idea.
 
“Maybe I can reason with them,” he suggested, “If I can look as important as I was, I could fool them.”
 
“But what if you're with them already?” Malik asked, putting the damper on the plan, “They'll notice one of you is an imposter, even if you're the same guy.” Yami slumped a bit, upset that his plan had its flaws. Kaiba finally finished off the discussion with his signature attitude.
 
“We'll think of a plan later!” Kaiba called, as Jou ran past, “They're coming!” Ryou glanced at Sami warningly, and she rose just enough to see past the sand dune they were behind. She saw what she could only describe as a small army of no less than 100 men. Half of them were equipped with pikes or spears; the rest were carrying two float-like boards carrying 4 people on one and 5 on the other. And Sami knew who one of them were.
 
“Shit!” she screamed, and turned sharply, “Run! Just run!” Hearing her terrified cry sparked horror in everyone else as they screamed and ran off toward where Jou and Kaiba were already heading. Sami and Katt swooped upwards, picking up Anzu and Miho, who were lagging behind everyone else. Each flap of their new wings kicked up sand, making the trip slightly worse.
 
“Sami, what did you see!?” Honda asked, when Sami and Katt caught up, carrying their two friends. Sami gently dropped Miho and leveled herself so she'd be closer.
 
“Guards. And lots of them. Forte was right, I can't fight them all,” Sami panted quickly, “There were 6… no, 7 magicians too, I think. They looked like magicians anyway. But I saw him…”
 
“Who'd you see?” Forte asked, as he helped Basch avoid a large rock. Yami glanced back slightly, and saw Sami's worried look. He had a feeling he knew what she saw.
 
“I saw Yami down there,” she replied grimly, “Well, Yami when he was alive. They must think we're dangerous to be dragging a pharaoh out here.” Bakura, who'd decided to take the lead, beckoned everyone to follow him until they came to a large drop-off of a sand dune. It went down, but was too deep for them to jump from. Sami skidded to a halt, beating her wings restlessly.
 
“Well, this is great,” Ryuuzaki mumbled sarcastically, “What do we do now!?”
 
“It's pretty obvious that we have to fight,” Basch replied, drawing his sword. But Ryou stopped him. Fighting was a bad idea against the army Sami described.
 
“Can't you two carry us down?” Ryou asked, turning to Sami and Katt. Sami looked hesitant to answer, and Katt simply shook her head.
 
“It'd take too long. They'll catch us by the time we get even one of you down there,” Katt replied regretfully, “I'd still love to know why they don't calmly ask us to leave or anything simple like that.” Sami's eyes narrowed.
 
“Probably because they sensed us,” she told her sister grimly, “We don't remember what happened, so we don't know how humans take to Chesiers, but it's pretty obvious now that they don't like us.”
 
“Should we slide down?” Yugi suggested, pointing, “Maybe if you used an Ice spell, you could create a ramp we could use.”
 
“It wouldn't work in this heat,” Malik stated, crossing his arms, “If it did, I'm sure Katt would've frozen the guards by now.” Katt nodded in agreement until a shrill hiss caught her attention. Then something silky, yet wiry, was thrown over her as well. She screamed, and Malik swore angrily. Both Katt and Sami were caught in some kind of net, and ten guards stood safely away, holding the ends.
 
“Let them go!” Malik yelled, charging over. He was about to punch one of the guards when a golden rod slammed into his head.
 
“Be silent, commoner,” came a voice that sounded remarkably like Kaiba's, yet it wasn't, “We're officers of the Pharaoh, and it is our duty to remove harmful beasts such as these.” Sami glared at the man in question and thrashed angrily.
 
BEASTS!?” she yelled, offended, “We're not beasts, you jerk! Let me out or I'll make sure you burn in hell!” Even if she didn't scare the Kaiba look-a-like, she scared everyone else as they backed away. The man simply laughed.
 
“I'd love to see you try,” he countered, and then turned to one of the guards, “Take these two away and seal them into the prisoner tower. Make sure to lock them up.” At this point, Katt was screaming and Sami was trying to slash one of the guards nearest to her. The guard gulped and nodded until the pharaoh stood up. He looked directly at Yami, and then to the guard.
 
“Let them go,” he said calmly, “I would simply like to talk to them. It seems we have an… interesting situation now.” Sami stopped thrashing, and saw the woman from before. It was an exact replica of her, save for the fact that this woman was in linen and golden armor. She looked relatively disinterested until she saw Sami staring at her.
 
“What!?” Ryou cried, as did many others around him. Neither Sami nor the other woman said a thing, so the pharaoh continued.
 
“I see you get my point,” he said, “This is Sith K. Winchester. I believe you two have met already.” Sami was still speechless, but Sith nodded.
 
“Yes we have,” she agreed, and Sami found it eerie how similar they sounded, “In fact… it looks like I may have gotten into something I shouldn't have…” Sith continued to look at Sami with a stern expression, but softened as they spoke through their mind. Malik turned to Ryou.
 
“What the hell is going on here!?” he asked in a harsh whisper, “Is that supposed to be Sami!? Did we find what she needed already?”
 
“I don't think it's that easy…” Ryou began, until the man who looked like Kaiba tapped the Millennium Rod impatiently against the ground.
 
“Enough chatter! This insanity has gone on long enough!” he turned sharply to the pharaoh, who was intently watching both Sith and Sami, “Pharaoh, we must do something!” Sith glared, having been interrupted. The pharaoh sighed and stood up once again.
 
“Yes, but imprisonment is not the answer, Seth,” he stated, and Sith smirked as he continued, “We will bring these people to the palace as my guests. They are not enemies, nor do they wish us harm. I feel it fair to let them explain what they've done.” As the guards began to untangle Katt and Sami, Anzu looked up at the pharaoh, worried.
 
“Done? What have we done?” she asked, “We just came here about an hour ago.” The pharaoh looked at her, but it was Sith who answered for him. She unsheathed her sword and stuck it directly into the board she was standing on.
 
“It's a complicated problem,” Sith explained, “But by disrupting the fabrics of time, as I've felt you doing, you've caused a great problem. Zork, the dark God, has found one of your holes and ripped it open, returning for a second time… or at least, we believe it to be him.” Bakura gasped, and Yami was frozen in shock. Whatever happened to them, they'd have to go through it a third time. Sami blinked, but said nothing.
 
“That is why we wish to bring you back with us,” the pharaoh said, sitting back down, “Though you can't hurt Zork, since you don't exist in this time, there is much you can do to help us. Sith has detected a terrible source of power, which she is sure is Zork…” Seth interrupted again, and Sith aimed her sword threateningly at him. Obviously, she didn't appreciate his disrespect for either her or the pharaoh.
 
“With all due respect, my lord, Sith's fears are unproven,” Seth stated confidently, and Sith's ears lowered angrily, “We cannot simply trust what she says.” This time, Sith threw her sword, and it landed with a loud crash next to Seth. He silenced himself, knowing what that meant.
 
“You're a fool to not see what's happening,” Sith hissed harshly, crossing her arms, “Zork has returned. I can feel it. It's a familiar threat, Seth. Even if it isn't him, we can't just let it slide. It's dangerous no matter what it is.” Ryou shivered, as Sith's words pierced through him. Now he began to see just why and how Sami managed to make everything even more grim.
 
“Both of you, stop,” the pharaoh said, “I have already chosen to take them with us, and that is enough for now. Seth, you are to begin leading us back. Leave Sith alone, and do not ever disrupt either of us like that again, or you may find Sith's blade is even sharper than her words.” Malik snickered, and Kaiba simply stared in disbelief. Seth's skin paled considerably, obviously he heeded the threat as Sith's sword returned to her magically. He went to the front and spoke to another one of the priests, and they began to walk back towards the palace. The guards who released Sami and Katt both rounded up Ryou's group, and they all followed Seth's lead. Though no one said anything for fear of getting attacked, Ryou's mind kept racing. Seeing what Sami was disturbed him, yet he didn't know why. Sami herself was rattled, and said nothing as well. Ryou took her hand, and she smiled slightly, but she continued her silence.
 
“Sami, it'll be okay,” Ryou whispered, “Whoever they are won't hurt us, and if they try, I won't let them hurt you.” Sami still didn't speak, so Ryou added the one thing he could, if only to comfort her.
 
“…I promise.”
 
-----------------------------(End chapter)
 
After finally proving that Malik's machine works, it looks like the worst is yet to come as Ryou's group is captured and interrogated! But the good news is, at least Atemu is the one in control. But even then, can that stop whatever Ryou caused by messing with time? Who is Sith, truly? And what's going through Sami's head, as she stares in silence at herself? Find out next chapter, so click that Review button!