Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Say It Like You Mean It ❯ One Broken Heart ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Not as many reviews as last time. I'm a little sad now. ;_; But thank you to my friends that did, ^__^ arigato, sakura-chan! Yugi's True Girlfriend wanted to know what's inside the bottle at Tsuki's place, well, you'll find out in this chapter so don't worry!

How many of you people are reading this other yaoi story called `An Angel In Disguise'? I was reading it yesterday, well, the latest chapter at least. ^_^; Heh heh, it got my creative juices flowing so I'll write today. That and I don't have homework, oh joy!

Here's the next chapter, hope you like it (better than the last one!!) R/R DAMMIT! I'M SO MAD NOW I COULD CRY! ;___________;

Say It Like You Mean It - chapter 3: One Broken Heart

I sat up in my desk at the front and waved to Yugi as he walked in from the back door. "Yugi! Over here!" I pointed to the desk beside my blond-haired friend, Sakura. Yugi just gave me this frown and ignored me. He sat down by himself in the desk at the very back corner. I fell silent, feeling embarrassed about calling out to him for nothing.

Sakura glanced at Yugi with her greenish-blue eyes when he dropped his books on his desk, then at me when I slid into my seat. "Hey, what's wrong with him?"

"Not sure." I muttered, taking out my science notes and pencil. I began to draw small manga pictures on the test I got back yesterday, another 90. "I think it has something to do with his closer friends, or his `former' closer friends. They haven't been treating Yugi very well these days."

"What do you mean?" Sakura questioned as she lowered her voice and leaned closer to me. "Are you taking about Jounouchi, Honda, Anzu, Ryou. . . all of them?"

I nodded my head yes and lowered my voice as well, making sure that the several kids coming in the class didn't hear me. "Yeah, all of them. Ever since the last duel tournament, everything began to slowly fall apart. They never went over to his house or the arcade together to hang out, they never talked or anything. Then it escalated to Anzu, Miho, and a couple other girls spreading nasty rumors, Honda and Jounouchi harassing him, and even Kaiba trying to steal his cards or whatever else was precious to Yugi." I shook my head in disgust at what they all did. "And at one point Kaiba tried to steal Yugi's Millenium Puzzle."

Sakura gasped. "What?! His Puzzle?! I can't believe that -" We turned around when we saw Anzu walk up the desk aisle. She gave a polite, but somewhat cold hello to Sakura before sitting behind her; she didn't say anything to me. Sakura leaned forward in her desk again and put a hand next to my ear as she spoke. "I can't believe that Kaiba would do such a thing! What happened?"

"Yami came out and saved Yugi just in time." I whispered. "Kaiba got just what he deserved, a good kick in his sorry ass." I sighed and sat up straight in my desk. "Yami's been so worried about him since then. He'll always spend as much time with Yugi as possible. You know, with that trick he uses so he's got a different body kind of thing?"

Sakura nodded her head in agreement. All of a sudden something came flying through the air and came towards Sakura. Luckily for her she ducked. As for me, the weird thing hit me square in the face. When I could recover from the pain I lifted my head up to look at the back of the class. There was Jounouchi again. He was standing over an upset Yugi, who was yelling Japanese profanity as if no one was even in the class. When I picked up the golden object that hit me in the face, I realized it was Yugi's Millenium Puzzle. The metal chain was broken off by who I guessed was Jounouchi.

"Why did you do that, Jounouchi?!" Sakura yelled at the stubborn blond. "You hit Yuka in the face with Yugi's Puzzle! Yuka, maybe you should -" Sakura glanced over at me and saw the blood dripping from my split lip. "Oh my god, Yuka are you okay?"

I wiped away the blood with my hand and smiled. "It's okay, I'm fine. Don't worry about me." I got up from my desk and walked over to Jounouchi as the rest of the class watched. Instead of punching him in his big mouth like I had planned, I leaned over and handed the Puzzle back to Yugi, which made him relax a bit more. "Here, Yugi. I believe this belongs to you. And as for you, Jounouchi. . ." I stood up and gave Jounouchi one of my `death glares'. "You better stay away from him. Beating him up is one thing, and stealing a Millenium Item is another. Remember what happens if you take an Item that isn't yours?"

Jounouchi nodded nervously and gulped. "The punishment is imprisonment in the Shadow Realm or death, brought onto yourself by either Shadi. . ."

"Or me." I said flatly. The door at the front of the class slid open and the teacher came in. Everyone including me went back to their seats and ignored the whole ordeal as if nothing ever happened. Yugi did about the same; except for the part when he just stuffed his Puzzle into his backpack, instead of trying to put it back on when he fixed the chain shortly after I gave it back to him.

~ * ~

Time passed eventually, and school was finally over for the week. Once again I finished my math, but not my science and English assignments. (A/N: hint, hint to those in my homeroom! ^_~) I rushed down the stairs ready to go back home when I noticed something glinting in the trashcan in the hall. I walked up to it and gasped - the shiny object was Yugi's Millenium Puzzle.

`What on earth was Yugi thinking?' I thought to myself as I picked it up. `He needs this. Why would he throw it out? I wonder if Yami's in here or at his place. . .'

When I got outside of the school I shook the Puzzle and tried to see if Yami was in it. Sure enough he was. The Puzzle gave off a brilliant flash and in a few seconds the it was around Yami's neck instead of in my hands. Yami gave me a serious look when he saw me. "Hello Yuka." He greeted as usual.

"Hi Yami. You won't believe this, but I know why you're here and not with Yugi."

Yami walked with me as we made our way to the game shop. "Go on, I'm listening."

"Yugi threw his Puzzle in the trash at school."

Yami stopped dead in his tracks. "Aibou did what?"

"I think he tried to get rid of you or something, I don't know why. He was upset earlier, but I don't know anything about that either."

"Where's Yugi now? At the game shop?"

"Probably. He left real early when the bell rang."

Yami closed his eyes and fell into a deep sense of thought. "I can sense he's very depressed (A/N: no duh!)." Yami acknowledged, his eyes still closed. "I really think we should get over to his house real soon. It feels like he's planning something . . .I can't tell what."

"I don't like where this is going. . .ah!"

When I fell to my knees on the sidewalk Yami's crimson eyes opened and became wide. I clutched my chest in pain and cried out as the Millenium Sphere appeared around my neck (A/N: like with Ryou and his Ring, however you describe it :S). When it appeared fully the Sennen Eye burned on my forehead, and a blurred vision suddenly came into my mind.

Yugi was sitting in the middle of a dark room, no lights, absolutely nothing was in it. He was crying softly, holding what seemed like pills in his hand. With one swallow, Yugi took the pills, then fell to the floor.

My vision ended as soon as Yugi collapsed. I opened my eyes wide and gasped for breath. The visions didn't happen that often, but when they did I felt like I couldn't breathe. Yami helped me up to my feet, asking what in the name of Ra did I see. I didn't give him much of a response, just saying that we had to reach Yugi.

. . .*starts stretching her arms in exhaustion* Ugh, not what I had planned but good enough for now. I don't wanna get into the Yugi thing until next chapter. Cliffies are so good sometimes! ^_^ I might as well start working on Egypt. R/R PLEASE! SEE YA!