Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Say It Like You Mean It ❯ Getting Better ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh, its characters, ideas, concepts, etc. I only own the character Yuka, the Millenium Sphere, and so on. Use my friends' characters and they'll burn you! XD

". . ." = speaking, `. . .' = thinking, [. . .] = my notes, /. . ./ = Yugi's link to Yami, //. . .// = vise versa.

Before I start this chapter, I want to do something. Lots of my friends like all the different bishounens in this show. And to show my friends how much I `care' (XD), I'm gonna pair them with their favorite characters. The pairings are now: Ceraya/Bakura, Tsuki/Ryou (sorry but Ceraya gets Bakura first!), Maiko/Kaiba, Yami/Yugi, and so on. Of course, I'm gonna put in several love triangles to make this fic more exciting. Hey, shouldn't Ceraya or someone else say `Why the hell isn't Yuka paired with Yami?' Well guess what? I'm gonna be unselfish for at least one of my stories and let Yami love someone else. (I'm still gonna have a crush on him though!)

Say It Like You Mean It - chapter 6: Getting Better

Beep. . .beep. . .beep. . .

`Ugh. . .shit. . .' Yugi lifted his hand out from under his bedcovers and reached for his headboard. When his hand grasped the beeping alarm clock he used all the strength left in him to throw it out the open window.

//Well Aibou, it seems like you're the morning person.// Yami laughed as Yugi tried to pull himself out of bed.

Yugi rubbed his eye sleepily and shook his head from the dizziness. /Why don't you try waking up every Monday at six?/ He made his bed slowly and walked over to the closet.

Yami smiled to himself at his remark. When Yugi was fully dressed in his school uniform and shoes he came out of the Puzzle to accompany him down the stairs. "So would you like me to go to school for you again today, Aibou?"

Yugi looked up at him when they reached the bottom of the stairs. "Huh? Why would you want to do that for me?" He had a curious look in his large eyes when he said this, which made Yami turn a light shade of pink.

"Well, considering you haven't gone to school since that, er. . .incident a while back. And what if they begin to make fun of you again? I don't want anyone to hurt you."

Yugi picked up his lunch bag on the kitchen counter and slipped it into his backpack. He also grabbed a large red apple beside it which would be his quick breakfast. "Thank you for your concern, Yami." He replied with a grin. "Don't worry, I can take care of it now. But you could come with me just in case."

Yami nodded in agreement. "Alright, Aibou. If you need any help at school, just call." And with that and a flash of light, he returned to his soul room inside the Puzzle.

"Yugi! Over here!" A male voice shouted from outside the front door. Yugi ran out of it and saw Ryou there waiting for him. "Come on, Yugi. Let's get to school. We have that exam in Math class today, don't we?"

"Don't remind me, Ryou." Yugi chuckled as they walked together down the road.

~ * ~

Sakura, Maiko, Jounouchi, and Honda watched in silence as their two friends began to fight again.

". . .Oh sure! As if!"

"Have you seen Yami's eyes?!" Ceraya exclaimed. "Look at `em! It looks like he wears eyeliner or mascara or something!" Maiko tried to stifle a laugh when she saw Yuka fume. She had said that to Ceraya several days ago.

"Oh yeah?! Well have you seen Bakura's hair?! That old man!" Yuka started laughing like crazy. "Looks like Honda's grandma with a good hair day!"

Honda frowned. "Hey. . ."

Ceraya shot her a glare that was scary enough to kill. She pressed a finger against Yuka's forehead and made her stop laughing. "Bakura's hair is better than that Yami's! And look at his attitude! Mister `King of Games'! Mister `I-can-save-the-world-from-anything'! The guy with the pathetic heroic act!"

"Better being a pathetic sounding hero than a crappy sounding psychopath!" Yuka shot back with a grin.

Ceraya's calm blue eyes suddenly seemed like they had an immense fire burning in them. "Bakura is no psychopath!" She screamed, flinging her arms into the air in frustration.

Yuka smiled and crossed her arms. "Yes he is."

"No he isn't!"

"Yes he is!"

"Is not!"

"It to!"

"IS NOT!"

"IS TO DAMMIT!" Yuka laughed and put a hand on her waist in triumph when she saw Ceraya's face after what she said next. "You know what Ceraya? It always seems like you go after the old guys with the white hair and shit. Maybe after you ditch Bakura you're gonna go after Pegasus!"

"You bitch! Diss Bakura and feel the wrath of my Millenium Heart!" She raised her Millenium Item into the air, as did Yuka. Ceraya became enraged when Sakura took away her Heart. "Hey! Give that back!"

Yuka had the same look on her face when Jounouchi snatched her Sphere. She tried to jump in the air after it. "Jou! This isn't funny!" When she could see no way to get it back Yuka rolled up her shirtsleeves and got into a fighting position. "Okay Ceraya, bring it on! We're gonna settle this!"

"Fine with me!" Ceraya jumped at her friend and started attacking her.

"BAKURA LOVER!" Yuka screamed when she tugged at Ceraya's blue hair.

"YAMI LOVER!" Ceraya spat back at her when she smacked her in the face.

"Bitch fight." Jounouchi muttered to himself when he saw them fighting. Sakura gave him a good thwack on the head when she heard that.

Yugi and Ryou finally turned the corner and arrived at school, only to find a surprise waiting for them in the schoolyard. Ryou's mouth looked like it was gonna drop to the floor when he saw Yuka and Ceraya arguing. "Y-Yugi. . .What in the name of. . .Why are they. . ."

"Don't ask me." Yugi said in a quiet voice. His eyes were twice their normal size. Both he and Ryou sweatdropped when they heard what the girls where screaming at each other.

"BAKURA! BAKURA, BAKURA, BAKURA!"

"YAMIIIIII!!! YAAAAMIII!!! I'LL SHOW YOU!"

//Aibou. . .//

/Heh, yeah Yami?/

//Why are they doing that?//

/Doing what?/

//Trying to scratch the other's eyes out while yelling out my name and Bakura's?//

/Oh. . .that./

Yugi turned to Ryou, who was still in a state of shock. "Yami's kinda surprised about what Yuka and Ceraya are doing. What does your Yami think?"

"I don't know. All I can hear him doing in his soul room is laughing like the madman he sometimes is." Ryou turned to him and eyed the girls, who still hadn't acknowledged their presence. "You wanna let our Yami's settle this, Yugi? I don't think anyone else can stop them at this point."

"I agree." Yugi said with a sigh. He and Yami instantly switched places, as did Ryou and Bakura.

Maiko burst out laughing when she saw the two Yami's appeared in Ryou and Yugi's place. Honda did the exact same thing, but his laugh was cut off when Jounouchi's hand clamped over his mouth. Sakura just let out a gasp and stepped back. Yuka and Ceraya STILL didn't notice them there and continued to quarrel.

Yami sighed when his eyes met the sight before him. It looked even worse outside. He turned to his right and saw Bakura clutching his stomach trying not to laugh hysterically. //Aibou, do I have to do this?//

/You said that if I ever needed your help I would call and you would come./ A protesting voice came from within him. /I need your help with these two if I ever expect to live. PLEASE?/

//Alright then. But don't expect me to help the next time they fight over me and that Bakura.// Yami and Bakura strode over to the two girls, who had finally stopped and just glared daggers at each other. Bakura coughed to get their attention, then began to laugh again. Yami gave him a nudge in the ribs to silence him.

Ceraya practically jumped when she saw Bakura's somewhat serious face. She blushed as she stepped towards them. "Oh, g-good morning Bakura! W-what a surprise. . .to see you here!"

"And what a surprise it is to see you fighting again." He said bluntly. When Yami pinched his arm from behind Bakura winced and quickly pasted on a friendly grin. "I-I mean. . .it's uh, nice to see you too, C-Ceraya!" Now Ceraya was blushing furiously, as was Bakura.

Yami caught sight of Yuka from the corner of his eye. She was slowly inching away from them towards the school building. "Hey! Yuka!"

Yuka stopped dead in her tracks. She turned her head towards Yami and turned bright red when he waved at her smiling. She gulped and made a mad dash to her first class. //Her attempt to get away from us is gonna be useless.// Yami thought as he walked inside with the others. Ceraya was now walking too, beside Bakura and holding onto his hand of course. //You're in the same Social class as her, aren't you, Aibou?//

/Yeah we are./ Yugi said with a giggle. /You can talk to her then. Catch her off guard and - WHAM!/

//I don't think I wanna hit her or anything, Aibou. And how in the name of Ra can I catch her off guard? That's nearly impossible.//

[oo; . . .Okay, I think I went a little too crazy on this scene. Especially on the part where me and Ceraya try to, um, `settle some differences'. ^^; Sorry about the way you acted in here, Ceraya! I didn't know what you would really do, so I had to guess! Anyways, it wasn't that hard to write it. Me and Ceraya fight like that all the time in real life. All of the insults, comebacks, etc. were used by either one of us at some point this year. Know what? When I was thinking of this scene I got inspiration from this fight Ceraya and us had somewhere near the beginning of this year. We were eating lunch in the gym and started talking about Yu-Gi-Oh. It later moved onto me saying Bakura was gay with Ryou and Ceraya saying that Yami was blah, blah, blah. (I wasn't paying attention! ^^;) We almost got to hit each other, but Maiko had held Ceraya back and Sakura me. Thank god the teacher was looking at the 9th graders when it came to that part! And on Tuesday, after we got off the bus, I said something about Bakura that made Ceraya so mad she chased me home almost two blocks! Oo; Oh, whoops. Forgot about the story for a second there.]

~ * ~

Lunchtime finally came. As usual, Ceraya, Yuka, Sakura, and Maiko sat themselves at a picnic table under a tree. Jounouchi, Honda, and Ryou were inside the cafeteria. Kaiba made a short trip back to his mansion, and Anzu was somewhere in the hallways trying to escape her homeroom teacher's nagging for not doing the assignment properly. Yugi held his brown lunch bag in one hand tightly as he looked around the schoolyard for a quiet place to sit.

//Over there, Aibou.// Yami mentally pointed to an old cherry blossom tree in the corner of the yard.

Yugi ran up to the tree and looked up at its large thick branches covered in hundreds of small blossoms that slowly fell to the ground. /Oh, wow! Thanks for finding such a cool spot, Yami! I never noticed it that much before!/

//You're welcome, Aibou.// Yami said with a chuckle as his hikari sat down on the cool grass.

/Hey, Yami. . .Do you wanna sit with me and talk? No one's around to see you./

//If you want me to. . .// Yami emerged from the Puzzle and sat down on Yugi's right. "Why don't you wanna sit with Jounouchi, or how about Yuka and the others?" He said as he rested against the tree as well.

Yugi leaned against the trunk of the tree and opened up his lunch. "Jounouchi's busy trying to copy Ryou's notes for Science, and I definitely don't want to sit with Yuka. At least not today. You remember what happened earlier."

"You're right, Aibou." Yami replied with a smile. "I forgot about that." He chuckled and rested his head in one of his hands. "So. . .anything happen during the first half of your day? I actually fell asleep when Anzu gave her presentation."

Yugi smiled back and chewed on his sandwich as he spoke with his mouth partially full. "Well, Sakura fell asleep like you did, and then our teacher saw that about half the class did the exact same thing. . ."

Well, I'm done for today. Whoops, my La homework is still lying on my desk, unfinished. ^_^; I'd better get it done tomorrow or else I'm gonna be dead. So, who liked this chapter? *doesn't hear anything except Ceraya screaming stuff about Bakura at her* Riiight. . . *breaks into a run when Ceraya comes into view*