Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Say It Like You Mean It ❯ Something Doesn't Seem Quite Right ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh, blah, blah, blah! I hate doing this! ><

I'm sorry everyone, I don't know what to do with this story anymore. I had a real good idea when I started planning this fic, then I started having doubts after finishing a chapter and getting certain reviews. Use original characters, or don't? Lots of yaoi couples, or just Yami and Yugi? Happy ending or sad? $%^$#&*(!!!!! It's driving me crazy! >.< *sighs* Maybe in a while I'll have my thoughts sorted out. Anyway, I'll start the chapter now.

". . ." = speaking, `. . .' = thoughts, //. . .// = Yami's link with Yugi, /. . ./ = other way around, [. . .] = the crap that I call `author's notes'

Say It Like You Mean It - chapter 7: Something Doesn't Seem Quite Right

As Yugi sat down under the cherry blossom tree having a close talk with his other self, the two of them never noticed someone was watching them from a distance. Up on the second level of the school, Seto Kaiba kept a close watch of them from his desk near the window. Working on a project that was overdue because of his work at Kaiba Corp, he was suddenly distracted catching sight of the tri-color haired boy down below in the yard. He watched him intently for quite some time, thinking to himself not wanting to finish his work.

`. . .Yugi. . .' Kaiba slowly thought of the name as he stared deep into Yugi's eyes from high above. `Damn this all, I should finish my stupid homework, not gawking at, who - Yugi Mutou?' Yugi suddenly laughed, filling his amethyst eyes with such joy, making Yami smile and laugh along with him. Kaiba then shot a glare at Yami, suddenly feeling angry, or was it jealous?

"Seto?" A knock sounded at the door followed by the tone of a soft tomboyish voice.

Kaiba snapped out of his little daze, shaking his head as he turned away from the window. He turned to have his cold blue eyes meet with the dark chocolate colored ones staring at him from across the room. Maiko Hitushi walked up to him and glanced at his unfinished poster, then at his face, then back to the poster again. "Tell me, Seto. . ." she began.

Kaiba leaned back in his chair when Maiko stood up straight and looked down at him. "W-what?"

"Tell me why you have been so off task this past week. This isn't like you. Even with all the work you do, you still get every assignment handed to us finished. Anything bothering you?" She raised her head up and looked out the window in the direction Kaiba's gaze was fixed at. Thankfully to Kaiba she didn't see Yugi and Yami down below.

Kaiba stood up abruptly, slamming the textbook he used for information closed. "There's nothing wrong with me, Maiko. I'm perfectly fine." He strode to the classroom door hiding his blush and slammed it shut behind him, leaving Maiko alone in the room as the bell rang.

~ * ~

Yugi jumped up in the air happily. "Yeah! School's over!" He cried out with glee. Running past the others with a quick goodbye, he dashed out into the hallway, almost bumping into a teacher as he did.

//Watch yourself, Aibou. If you ran your teacher over he'd be chasing us by now.// Yami spoke with a laugh.

/Sorry, Yami, but I just can't seem to sit still today! I feel so happy now that I'm back at school again!/

And Yugi was happy. He came to school early, got his homework done, and never fell asleep during English which usually got him a detention. His former friends also apologized as best as they could for doing what they did in the past. But once he got down the school steps Yugi suddenly yawned, placing a hand over his mouth to suppress it. The yawn caught Yami's attention.

//Aibou, are you alright? What happened to all the sugar that was in your blood a moment ago?//

/Sorry, Yami, just a bit tired from gym. It was our last class of the day./

//Ah. . .gym. And that infernal game you called `dodge ball'. Wasn't the objective of the game to `dodge' them, not get hit?//

/I know how you're supposed to play the game!/ Yugi exclaimed at his darker half. /I'm better at hitting people with the balls rather than dodging them!/ He yawned again, half closing his eyes. /All of the stuff we did during gym's tired me out. I don't think I can walk home anymore. Can you take over till we get to the game shop? Please?/

//If you want me to, Aibou, I will.// Yami then switched places with him, walking out of the school along with the other students.

Kaiba reached the entrance of the school just in time to see Yami walking out. He ran towards him. "Yugi! Wait!"

Yami heard the familiar voice and turned around. His eyes narrowed as Kaiba came into view. "Hello, Kaiba." He greeted the taller boy with a low voice.

`Oh, shit,' Kaiba thought when he saw that he called out to the wrong person, `you've done it now. You're supposed to talk to YUGI, not YAMI! Now he's gonna be mad. . .' Kaiba stood in front of him and looked down into his crimson eyes with his ice blue ones. "Hello, Yami. . ."

"What is it you want with my Aibou? Another beating I suppose?"

"You know well enough that I'd never do that anymore, Yami." Kaiba said loudly. "And I already apologized to him. I just need to talk to Yugi, that's all."

Yami crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow, not fully trusting him. "Talk to him about what?"

"Something really important, that's all I can tell you. Now please, can you let him out so I can have a word or two?"

"Yugi is exhausted from his day at school right now, therefore he's sleeping inside his soul room. I insist you talk to him another day. I must to take him home now. Goodbye." Yami turned around and headed for the school gates.

Kaiba went wide-eyed and outstretched a hand to him. "Wait! Yami! Don't go just yet! I need to -"

Yami turned the corner when he exited the school property, not paying attention at all to what he had said. Kaiba balled his hands into tight fists and mentally cursed himself. `Ack! Seto, you fool! You let him go off like that!' He sighed, then began to walk himself. `No matter, I'll get my chance soon enough. . .'

~ * ~

Yami reached the game shop at the usual time. He said good afternoon to Sugoroku, who asked if Yugi could help him out at the shop. Yami told him that Yugi would help in about a half-hour, since he was still sleeping. With a nod in agreement Yami walked up the stairs to Yugi's bedroom and closed the door.

A small flash of golden light went off as Yami separated from his hikari's body. Yugi was now sitting on the bed, fast asleep in Yami's arms. His eyes were closed, his golden bangs hanging over them and his whitish skin. His appearance brought a smile to Yami's face as he tucked him in bed, then retreating inside the Puzzle to rest like Yugi.

~ * ~

Mokuba smiled and rushed down the stairs when he heard the front door open and close. "Big Brother!" He shouted as he jumped up into Kaiba's arms.

"Hey, kiddo. I missed you at school today you know." Kaiba smiled and planted a brotherly kiss on Mokuba's forehead. He got out of the kneeling position Mokuba forced him to take during the hug and stood up. "Sorry, but I'm afraid I can't spend that much time with you today. I got a lot of stuff to do. I promise to make it up with you tomorrow though, okay?"

Mokuba nodded, still smiling up at his brother. "Okay, Seto!" He giggled when Kaiba ruffled his hair before going up the stairs and closing the door to his bedroom.

"Back onto more important things, Seto. . ." he muttered to himself as he strode to his desk. He held out his hand and reached for the new dueling machine he was experimenting with. It stopped in midair, then changed directions and took hold of a book instead. Kaiba opened up the black leather-bound book and opened it as he sat in his chair.

A smirk found its way to Kaiba's face. The book was the school's latest yearbook, containing pictures of every student that attended Domino High. His cold blue eyes kept a hard stare at the picture of Yugi Mutou on page 35, he had written random words describing Yugi around his picture, along with one large red heart drawn in marker. And beside it, a picture of Yami was added. It was torn, scribbled on, the usual things you would do to the picture of a person you hated a lot.

It was obvious now - Seto Kaiba was jealous of Yami, and wanted his hikari more than anything.

Kaiba turned to the back of the yearbook, to where the autograph pages were. But instead of the signatures of his friends and classmates, there were notes, plans - on how to win the heart of an angel named Yugi. . .

Well, there's my first love triangle in this fic. Will Seto Kaiba plan to do something to Yami or Yugi? Will he hurt them? Will he do something to shatter Yugi's soul? R/R, and if I get the numbers of reviews that I want you'll find out!