Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Say It Like You Mean It ❯ A Secret Plan ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

disclaimer: I DON'T OWN YU-GI-OH

Thank you to all of those that reviewed my latest chapter, if there were any. O.o; I didn't really check so don't ask me. Sorry that I haven't been updating ANY of my fics for a long time. I've been busy with homework, downloading anime stuff, reading other fics, and talking to *coughs* `Yami' on MSN. ^^; I'll be working on Egypt and this story, along with my Yu-Gi-Oh vs. Pokémon and my sister's songfics IF I have time. You won't be seeing `One By One My Friends Shall Fall' until my friend Sakura is finished chapter 2. Oh and I'm working on this bio for my character. I wrote several pages of it on Sunday but then my comp froze and I lost about half of it. >< *kicks her comp and stops after realizing she could freeze it again* >>;;;

". . ." = speaking, `. . .' = thinking, //. . .// = A Yami to his Hikari, /. . ./ = A Hikari to his Yami, [. . .] = my notes. I'm gonna start using Seto instead of Kaiba now, it was really bugging me from the start. o_< And I'll be using Japanese words and endings to names as much as I can too. Forget about the {. . .} thing I was planning. If you find a Japanese word you don't understand just look it up. >>;

Say It Like You Mean It - chapter 8: A Secret Plan

Sugoroku was out of town again on some type of business trip. That meant Yami and Yuugi would have to take care of the Game Shop by themselves. Since Yuugi still had school, Yami watched over the shop during most of the day. He was trying to place a Duel Monsters poster on a wall when he heard a crash from behind him.

"I-ITAI. . ."

Yami quickly dropped the poster and climbed off the ladder to see Yuugi sprawled out on the hardwood floor. He rushed to his hikari's side in an instant. "Aibou?! Daijoubu desuka?!"

Yuugi lifted his head off the ground to give Yami a small grin. "Boku wa daijoubu desu, Yami-kun." He replied as he sat up. "I just tripped over those, that's all." He pointed to the other posters lying in a messed up pile Yami planned on putting up that day before the customers came.

"Did you hurt yourself?" Yami scanned over his hikari's body for any bruises or cuts. He brushed away part of Yuugi's golden bangs and saw part of the skin there begin to redden and swell. "Kami-sama, you bumped your forehead, Aibou." He touched the bruise lightly, making Yuugi wince. "Why were you running down here anyway? Late for class?"

"Sort of. I wanna get to class early." Yuugi staggered up and gave Yami a tight hug, making him blush twice as much as he was that moment. "Don't miss me too much." He straightened out his jacket and hair before running out the door.

Yami sighed as he folded his arms across his chest smiling. "Aibou, you don't know how much I miss you every time I can't see your beautiful face. . ."

~ * ~

I immediately left my seat when Yuugi slid into the classroom. I met him as he closed the classroom door. "Ohayou, Yuugi." I said more warmly than usual.

Yuugi glanced up at me with his amethyst eyes and grinned. "Ohayou, Seto." He then looked behind my back and waved to Maiko, Sakura, Ceraya, and Yuuka, who were seated at the desks by the window. "Hi!"

Maiko turned and waved back, eyeing Seto for a split second but not saying anything to him. Ceraya just muttered something and waved a hand gesturing for them to go away as she continued to stare intently at Yuuka and Sakura [I changed the name of my character so it's YUUKA now]. Yuuka was seated on top of one desk, Sakura on the one across from her. They were swinging their legs back and forth in the air attempting to kick each other. Sakura got a good swing at Yuuka and hit her in the shin, gaining several Egyptian curses from her that even Yami would've frowned upon.

My eye twitched in slight annoyance as I sat back down, Yuugi following close behind. Why did those girls act so immature at some times? Maiko was relatively the calmest of the group, considering the occasional outburst about something like making one mistake on a math exam or something like that. Yuuka had a similar perfectionist personality, though she stressed out more than Maiko on these things. Ceraya was the kind reasonable one, but her personality could take a turn for the worst if you made fun of Bakura or caught her on a bad day. Sakura was stubborn at times like Jounouchi is 24/7, but like the others she was kind, generous, blah blah blah. I shook my head remembering why I had to speak with Yuugi today. "Yuugi, could I ask you something?"

Yuugi stopped fumbling with the scattered notes in his binder and turned in his desk to face me. "Sure, Seto. What is it?"

I forced myself to keep a straight face as I stared at Yuugi's face. He tilted his head to one side, making his cute appearance even harder to withstand under all this pressure. "I, uh. . .I need you to come over to my mansion later today, around five."

"For what? Homework?"

I heard Sakura yell out profane words from behind me and Yuuka snickering at her friend's pain. My eye twitched again. I was completely irritated by their childish kicking game and wanted to yell at them. But no, I couldn't. Not now with Yuugi watching me. I need him to think of me as a person he can trust. "Not really. I'm done most of it." I leaned over in my desk and brought my face close enough to Yuugi's so that he could hear me whisper. "You see. . .um, I've been planning something special for Maiko, since I. . .I like her so much." I couldn't believe I said that. "I'm gonna throw a surprise birthday party for her at my mansion, and I need you to come since you're her friend. I've invited all the others and planned how I'm gonna get Maiko over. All you have to do is come. Don't mention this to Yuuka and the others, we're all keeping this a secret even from each other. Okay?"

Yuugi was confused at first, but he said yes and nodded in agreement. "If that's what you say, Seto. I'll come to your mansion at five sharp. Want me to bring Yami?"

Crap, I forgot about Yami. What would he say if he found out that all of this was just a lie, an excuse to be alone with his hikari? I had to make sure he wouldn't get in my way. But wait. . .Sugoroku Mutou was going to be out of town for the next two weeks. "Yuugi, wouldn't Yami have to watch the game shop since your grandfather isn't here?"

Snapping his fingers, Yuugi looked up at me. "Darn it, I forgot about that. Um. . .you think I should just keep this from him so that he won't be distracted while I'm away? I could just tell him about Maiko's birthday party when I come home if you want."

Perfect. Yuugi didn't suspect a thing. Sometimes he was totally blind, like right now. Not having Yami around would make things much easier. "Alright." The bell rang finally as a wave of teenage students came into the class. I leaned back in my seat as I grinned in triumph. My plan was going to go well for sure.

Yuugi didn't know that Maiko's birthday was five months away.

~ * ~

[I'm just gonna skip to the end of the school day]

"Aibou, where are you going?" Yami asked in a curious manner as he saw Yuugi heading towards the door again.

"Just outside that's all." Yuugi said over his shoulder as he slipped on his shoes and straightened out his jacket. "I have to help Tsuki-chan with something at her house. Don't worry I'll be back in a couple hours."

Before Yuugi could leave the shop Yami stumbled over his thoughts and said //I love you//. He sounded nervous as he said it, but to Yuugi he said those words perfectly. Yuugi paused and blushed slightly as he turned to face Yami. With a shaky voice he thought /I love you too/ before dashing out the door.

Yami sighed both in happiness and disappointment as he walked back over to the counter to organize the display case. `School today was bad enough.' He thought sighing. `Now I won't be able to see Yuugi tonight. . .Kami-sama I love him so much I'm going to miss him a lot.'

/I'm gonna miss you too, Yami./ The familiar voice of a giggling boy came into Yami's mind.

A deep red colored Yami's cheeks as he made his hands into tight fists. He had forgotten about their link. If Yuugi read any more of his thoughts he knew that he'd be spooked at how he felt about him. He cut off their link temporarily to make sure Yuugi wouldn't read his thoughts. It would only be for a while, he'd set it back to normal once he got home from Tsuki's.

Yami should've kept their link.

If he did Yuugi would've been able to call him for help.

~ * ~

He came at five, just as he had promised. I took him inside, watching him closely with every step he took. "So where is everyone else?" Yuugi asked as he walked into the enormous living room.

"They're not coming." I replied, sitting down on a leather couch. "You're the only one that's gonna be here."

"Huh? What do you mean?" He sat on the couch across from me, even more curiosity could be seen within his large eyes.

"You're not here because of a surprise birthday party for Maiko." I replied with a stern but gentle voice, narrowing my cold eyes. "I need to tell you something. Something VERY important."

Very short in my opinion. R/R tell me what you think. If I get enough reviews I'll get the next chappie out and I promise it'll be longer. Lucky me! I have a French test on Friday! T__T *goes into her corner to study*